Options

[Podcasts] Recruit a team of Teenagers With Attitude

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I get nervous in like the 7 seconds before I call to order a pizza or something

It's very annoying

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    i mean they have that stuff on the googles

No I know all that, the thing that isn't made clear on their website is, does the license itself legally constitute a marriage or do we have to have a ceremony, because we kind of don't want to have one

And I can't find anywhere talking about that

you have to have an officiant. That's what a marriage certificate is. That can be a government official or someone empowered to do so like a clergyman, but you do have to go and actually do it, and have witnesses (which can also be government people)

Like you can go to "town hall" and get married, you do not have to have a ceremony.

Ah, gotcha

Hm.

I think I may need to call them any way since I'm not sure where we could get that done in our area

Thanks though Langly

and unhelpfully that can change jurisdiction to jurisdiction but in general you need a license to get a certificate, and in some you can just get a certificate w/o a license and in others the license is the certificate, but those are going to be exceptions.

The place you do it is also in general the Justice of the Peace.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I don't agree with attempts to curtail discussion

but I also find completely out of context reaction posts really annoying

Yeah don't get me wrong, I have no problem with discussing Giant Bomb stuff

Like, it's the discussion of Contradiction here that made me want to buy it

It's the out of context reaction posts regarding Contradiction that spoiled several elements of the plot

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    also chincy said he didn't have a lot of notes for MMPR episode five

so I went back and rewatched it and took even more thorough notes

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

I genuinely feel that ep 5 and 6 are less insane

Having stated this

I am 100% certain you guys are going to find crazy shit to talk about that I absolutely missed

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    THAT IS HOW YOU END A FUCKING SEASON OF TELEVISION GODDAMN

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Having stated this

I am 100% certain you guys are going to find crazy shit to talk about that I absolutely missed

We took half an hour to even start talking about the episode last week. If nothing else, Speed can start ranting about more insane headcanon and I can try to make fun of him on-mic this time.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    @langly looks like here justice of the peace isn't so much a thing, but the probate court judge will do it

thanks, that was hella confusing

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    When I was a kid I read a fanfic that had Sailor moon blow up the Black Ranger's head by accident.
    Messed me up.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular

Having stated this

five is indeed less crazy, but there's a lot to discuss re: the handicapped friend we've never seen before and will never see again episode archetype

six is fucking nutso, though

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »
    When I was a kid I read a fanfic that had Sailor moon blow up the Black Ranger's head by accident.
    Messed me up.

We all know in the actual MMPR canon she only blew off one of his fingers.

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Messed me up.

DEEP CUT

• Options
    Messed me up.

DEEP CUT

Well yeah, it got all the way through the bone.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Messed me up.

DEEP CUT

Speaking of, what is, in your opinion, the most violent episode of the Power Rangers?

I think the episode where they fight the Frankenstein Monster monster had a really violent final fight, and the rest of the episode leading up to it wasn't very well-written, either. Probably near the top of my least-favorite episodes.

• Options
    Messed me up.

DEEP CUT

Speaking of, what is, in your opinion, the most violent episode of the Power Rangers?

I think the episode where they fight the Frankenstein Monster monster had a really violent final fight, and the rest of the episode leading up to it wasn't very well-written, either. Probably near the top of my least-favorite episodes.

What are the parameters of this question

ever?

MMPR?

First season?

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    Hey! Speaking of Power Rangers podcasts

I didn't realize until like a few months ago that the Ginyu Force has their own awesome Sentai song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezrbyf6t9mY

• Options
    Messed me up.

DEEP CUT

ever?

MMPR?

First season?

MMPR.

• Options
    finally watching metal gear scanlon, and I've never watched a metal gear let's play:

Snake - "Those are wolf dogs, half wolf, half huskie"

Meryl - "How do you know so much"

Snake - "I ride dog sleds. I'm a musher"

What?

Wait, what? Solid Snake, you're a what now?

this game is so weird.

• Options
    Shut up, everyone

Shut up, Lutz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0nuQ5o2DYU&feature=youtu.be
    New Homestar Runner cartoon

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    "Strongbad, this is Morgan Shawshank..."

• Options
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    Hey! Speaking of Power Rangers podcasts

I didn't realize until like a few months ago that the Ginyu Force has their own awesome Sentai song

Yep!

Toku is special and Sentai means squadron or team/etc so its pretty literal in the ginyu force case, but they totally read as an evil sentai team

I found out about it through DBZ abridged where it was heavily featured

Also Ronnie I know youre very famous and busy but you should give our podcast a shot :)

Messed me up.

DEEP CUT

ever?

MMPR?

First season?

MMPR.

Hmm

Well in the like MMPR arc (the first six seasons, everything thats in direct continuity and involves zordon and the original villains) its the finale. Countdown to Destruction is hella violent and involves civilians getting hurt and injured and I'm pretty sure has blood?

But in MMPR itself, just the first 3 seasons?

Probably Green no more

its the first time the rangers actually FIGHT Zedd, and he just RUINS Jason, its really rough to watch, and it also has unmorphed Tommy getting the crap kicked out of him by Goldar

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I really liked the only white people cavet on this weeks mbmbam

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    How on earth are you guys saying episode five is less crazy

A gnome kidnaps a bunch of girls with a magic accordion and then forces them to dance for his entertainment while he eats an entire banquet table's worth of food, and then he fights the megazord and turns into a flying skyscraper for no reason

It's an acid trip bookended by a ham fisted message about being respectful to the Deaf, because they can teach you how to breakdance

Speed Racer on
  • Options

A gnome kidnaps a bunch of girls with a magic accordion and then forces them to dance for his entertainment while he eats an entire banquet table's worth of food, and then he fights the megazord and turns into a skyscraper for no reason

It's an acid trip bookended by a ham fisted message about being respectful to the Deaf, because they can teach you how to breakdance

Spoilers!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

A gnome kidnaps a bunch of girls with a magic accordion and then forces them to dance for his entertainment while he eats an entire banquet table's worth of food, and then he fights the megazord and turns into a skyscraper for no reason

It's an acid trip bookended by a ham fisted message about being respectful to the Deaf, because they an teach you how to breakdance

and thats still less crazy than last episode

• Options

It's an acid trip bookended by a ham fisted message about being respectful to the Deaf, because they an teach you how to breakdance

I can tell you why, but I'll save it for the show.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

I am thoroughly ready for my "not crazy" position to be completely dismantled

• Options

I am thoroughly ready for my "not crazy" position to be completely dismantled

You're an inverse-straight-man. Madness is happening all around and you're buying into it while the rest of us look on in bafflement.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    And with this jar of jelly goof, Justin McElroy has completed his transformation into a Simpsons character

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    So I'm going back and trying to catch up on VinnyVania

And I can't seem to find the last part of Simon's Quest?

Any idea if they finished it on another video or something?

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »

the video search/catalog on giantbomb is atrocious

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    As far as I can tell though, there is no Simon's Quest part 4 video.

So I'm real confused here.

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »

the video search/catalog on giantbomb is atrocious

use quick look crew

http://qlcrew.com/

its really good

• Options
    this tool is the light

but also how is it playing these premium videos, is it tying to my profile in some way?

• Options
    Aren't they just links?

• Options
    it is but it's linking to a full screen thing that doesn't immediately show me that it's actually part of giantbomb, it looks like a separate thing.

• Options
    Weird for me it just takes me to giant bomb

I dunno dude

• Options
    it is but it's linking to a full screen thing that doesn't immediately show me that it's actually part of giantbomb, it looks like a separate thing.

I tried looking at one of the Contradiction videos and it took me to a GB video page asking me to upgrade my (nonexistent) account, so I'm pretty sure they're kosher.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    I'm listening to an episode of This American Life about an attempt in 2013 for a mostly black school to integrate it's kids into a mostly white school. The reactions of the white parents are beyond shameful, I don't think I've ever been this angry listening to a podcast.
    Fucking dammit.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Fellow podcast listeners, can you please help?

I'm going to be going on a roadtrip with my fella, and he's a MBMBAM novice. I've showed him a few clips and he liked them, so I thought it might be good to play a few episodes while on the road.

What would y'all recommend for about 7-8 MBMBAM episodes that are consistently engaging throughout? I know some of the episodes their most famous clips are from are sometimes a bit boring for the majority of that ep. Anytime during the run is fine, old or new.

This discussion has been closed.