Options

[Podcasts] Recruit a team of Teenagers With Attitude

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    el5ar1xsakri.jpg

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'm just imagining Brad ending all of his sentences with "dota dota" like he's the Hamburgler or something.

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Dota is like, the worst Pokemon

• Options
    Dota is like, the worst Pokemon

It's Peer-Pressure type.

There are no counters.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yo @Maddoc I think maybe posting an image that is literally nothing but a bunch of asses might be NSFW?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Yo GB is going to this LA podcast thing? What are the chances of a CBB GB crossover?

Also... I really really hope Vinny flies out for it. If it's just the East coast crew I don't feel like they'll be firing on all cylinders.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    Yo GB is going to this LA podcast thing? What are the chances of a CBB GB crossover?

Also... I really really hope Vinny flies out for it. If it's just the East coast crew I don't feel like they'll be firing on all cylinders.

do you mean the west coast crew?

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    One of these days I'm going to actually fly to a convention to see the bombsquad and look at them and tell myself I'm going to talk to Drew and then never do it and go home regretting it forever

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    One of these days I'm going to actually fly to a convention to see the bombsquad and look at them and tell myself I'm going to talk to Drew and then never do it and go home regretting it forever

DREW MY NAME IS RONNIE IM FROM THE INTERNET HI OK BYE FOREVERRRRrrrrrrrr

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    And then he'll bump into you at the airport and help you pick up your luggage and you'll tell him the story and you'll both laugh and be new best friends

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Yo @Maddoc I think maybe posting an image that is literally nothing but a bunch of asses might be NSFW?

To be fair, it's a very nice assortment of asses.

Like, a collage of asses that you can really appreciate.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular

They are the asses of 12 year olds

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

I think some of those "12 year olds" have forged birth certificates.

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    And then he'll bump into you at the airport and help you pick up your luggage and you'll tell him the story and you'll both laugh and be new best friends

Please stop reading my dream journal

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    august wrote: »

do you mean the west coast crew?

Yeah, typo.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Oh please, that's totally inaccurate and misleading.

They're "six solar sweep olds".
    Realtalk, age of subjects in art is kind of a complex thing that I don't think anyone wants to delve into but those are some adult-ass looking asses and nowhere is it specified what ages the subjects are supposed to be, so that really is a very misleading statement.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Drews running story was pretty great.

I went through much the same thing on my first half marathon, I finished and stopped 1m after the finish line and couldn't really move. The 300m to the changing area was gruelling, and after the train ride home it got even worse. I had to walk 1 flight of stairs to my bicycle and I took 2 breaks.

I had no food in the house and I was doing the math what would be less total steps, the shortest path through the supermarket past the microwave meals or having to go back to the front door after ordering food.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Drew's opening story on this Bombcast was maybe the manliest thing I've ever heard

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular

This actually happened to me at GenCon last weekend. I met the folks behind the One Shot/Campaign podcasts and only barely avoided looking like a complete fanboy weirdo

• Options
    The few famous people I've met (mostly musicians) I feel like I handled myself really well

If I met Jeff I'm pretty sure he would think I was a stalker

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Part of me really wants to meet a few of my internet heroes, but I'm positive that I'd have no idea what to say to them and it would just be an uncomfortable moment where I stare at them for too long, then mumble something about liking their work, then walk off awkwardly.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Part of me really wants to meet a few of my internet heroes, but I'm positive that I'd have no idea what to say to them and it would just be an uncomfortable moment where I stare at them for too long, then mumble something about liking their work, then walk off awkwardly.

I basically have a rehearsed speech

"hey (name) I really love your work. Thank you for doing what you do, it has meant a lot to me"

If they engage thats fine, if not I got across what I wanted to say and its super quick and easy

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    once I went to meet mick foley at a minor league baseball game and long story short I basically threw a sock at him

• Options
    Hey actually, I just realized I have experience from the other side of that convo

And the experience is: As long as you don't try too hard to be funny, you're already a pleasant person to interact with. If you annoyed someone by just being yourself, even if it's timid and quiet, then the annoyed person is probably a jerk

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I like to identify one piece of someone's work that I enjoyed and the reasons why I enjoyed it

that way I can just make "I really enjoyed [thing that you did] because [reason]" my default response instead of awkward babbling or silence

• Options
    Kilroy wrote: »
    I like to identify one piece of someone's work that I enjoyed and the reasons why I enjoyed it

that way I can just make "I really enjoyed [thing that you did] because [reason]" my default response instead of awkward babbling or silence

My go-to is picking their less popular works that I enjoyed. If I saw Keanu Reeves, I'd probably mention Little Buddha, because dangit, I like that movie

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I should learn how to say "thank you for making metal gear" in Japanese

Just in case

• Options
    Kilroy wrote: »

My go-to is picking their less popular works that I enjoyed. If I saw Keanu Reeves, I'd probably mention Little Buddha, because dangit, I like that movie

Oh with musicians I name a newer album

especially with bands that have been around for a while they sometimes develop a resentment of their old work

When I met Dave King of flogging molly I told him I really liked Speed of Darkness and he shook my hand and said thank you so much

made me feel pretty good

• Options
    Hey actually, I just realized I have experience from the other side of that convo

And the experience is: As long as you don't try too hard to be funny, you're already a pleasant person to interact with. If you annoyed someone by just being yourself, even if it's timid and quiet, then the annoyed person is probably a jerk

hey Ronnie I really love your work. Thank you for doing what you do, it has meant a lot to me

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Ronnie how would you feel if someone told you their favorite whomp was one from years ago

Speed Racer on
  • Options

hey Ronnie I really love your work. Thank you for doing what you do, it has meant a lot to me

Heh AWKWARD

(I kid of course <3)

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Ronnie how would you feel if someone told you their favorite whomp was one from years ago

They do all the time! I don't mind at all. But I do think people liking my more recent comics would make me happier, though I'm not one to nitpick such kindness

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    If I ever meet Scott Aukerman or Zouks I'll just say "Heynong man" and then have nothing to follow it up with.

• Options
    my favorite ronnie work is his sweet hitbox arcade controller

• Options
    my favorite ronnie work is his sweet hitbox arcade controller

I had to order a drill because my mom couldn't find hers. Agh, I wanna finish it so badly

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Ol' Drill-Ordering Ronnie, they call him.

• Options
    Hmm got about 20 minutes before my girlfriend gets home

Might as well watch another power rangers episode to get ahead

Oh Zack and Jason are sparring again ho hu-

zuq80oinebd5.png

oh my god don't let her walk in right n- hi honey!

• Options
    Hmm got about 20 minutes before my girlfriend gets home

Might as well watch another power rangers episode to get ahead

Oh Zack and Jason are sparring again ho hu-

zuq80oinebd5.png

oh my god don't let her walk in right n- hi honey!

The important thing is to not scramble to hide what you are watching, as it will invariably lead to her imagining something even worse than the reality. Just act like it's the most natural thing in the world and she's the one with the problem for thinking it weird.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    gonna be honest, I'm gonna have a hard time watching, let alone taking notes for, episodes 7 and 8

they both feature precocious children, and I despise precocious children

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    gonna be honest, I'm gonna have a hard time watching, let alone taking notes for, episodes 7 and 8

they both feature precocious children, and I despise precocious children

Self-loathing is healthy only in reasonable doses, TDOT.

This discussion has been closed.