Options

The Thesean Empire [Chat]

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    ATTN comics people and lady people, this is a good interview:

Why the “Future of Women in Comics” Thinks It Helps to Be Terrifying
    Kelly Sue DeConnick is talking to a class of aspiring comic-book writers assembled in a ballroom, located in the back of a former gentlemen’s club on Powell Street in San Francisco. “I hate when I get asked, ‘What’s it like to be a woman in comics?’” she tells them. Then, imagining her sarcastic response: “‘Well, I sit around typing with my vagina, but that gets uncomfortable after a while.’ The notion that somehow women are wildly different infuriates me. Fuck those people.”

As one of the comic-book industry’s most successful writers, DeConnick, 44, has been credited with drawing female readers back to comic books. She is the writer of three popular comic-book series, all starring female characters: the Marvel imprint Captain Marvel, the western Pretty Deadly, and Bitch Planet, a cultural satire about an off-planet women’s prison. She writes passionately, both on and off the page, about feminism, female representation, and the need for more female comic-book creators. At San Diego Comic-Con this week, she’ll participate in three separate panels, including a workshop for another group of aspiring comic-book artists.

DeConnick takes another question from the class on Powell Street; this time, it’s about sexism in the comic-book industry. She sighs and looks down. “Being a woman in a male-dominated industry sort of sucks, but it doesn’t suck any more than being a woman in the world,” she says, facing the class. “My advice? Be terrifying.”
    DeConnick has been a comics reader since childhood, but she only came to the industry after earning a drama degree from U.T. Austin, writing copy for the nude photo spreads in dirty magazines (“I hate to break this to you, but that’s not actually the models talking”)

:lol:

You mean to tell me her favorite movie wasn't actually Das Boot?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Who is the vine young lady who did a video of her throwing a water balloon labeled Ezra and then saying finally

And also one where she shook her head to weird music and turned around, I think she had braces and glasses

I must see these again

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    boss is trying to sell us on going super cheap on something for this project. It's like the client isn't going to buy your bullshit, why are you even trying, it is in the spec for a reason.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    God the last candidate for this position they've been interviewing for made me queasy from his "good ole boy" personality.
    You somehow rank lower than the guy who already works here that fights with fucking everyone.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    So George W. Bush was paid $100k to speak at a fundraiser for disabled veterans.

That seems like the worst PR move in history in many ways.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Also, @Hakkekage I dunno where/if you or beasto ffxiv but I am on diabolos and I am Slawth Juicywizard

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Who is the vine young lady who did a video of her throwing a water balloon labeled Ezra and then saying finally

And also one where she shook her head to weird music and turned around, I think she had braces and glasses

I must see these again

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

Unrelated. Or is it?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular

I must see these again

Why do I love this so much

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    So George W. Bush was paid $100k to speak at a fundraiser for disabled veterans.

They said it brought in an extra $1m though.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015

I must see these again

Why do I love this so much

I'm assuming I don't get it cuz no sound

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular

Have some compassion Sander! After his tour of duty in the White House, serving our country for eight years and through two wars, Bush cannot find work anymore and needs all the support we can give him.

sig.gif
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Also, @Hakkekage I dunno where/if you or beasto ffxiv but I am on diabolos and I am Slawth Juicywizard

lulz

I do not play FFXIV but @BEAST! does and last night i watched him get through Alexander II and get abandoned by his yellow-bellied, uncoordinated pick-up group of unrelenting cowards in Alexander III

there is a whole PA group on that server dawg

Beasto and @DemonStacey are going to get married

dat Ceremony of Eternal bonding though.....

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »

lulz

I do not play FFXIV but @BEAST! does and last night i watched him get through Alexander II and get abandoned by his yellow-bellied, uncoordinated pick-up group of unrelenting cowards in Alexander III

Beasto and @DemonStacey are going to get married

we is on sargatanas

such bonding, so eternal

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

3134644.large.jpg

God dammit, George!

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    a

I must see these again

idgi

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Haha damnit [chat] ok!

Tan with a red edging on the sole
    dark wine red-brown saddle buckle style
    Weathered brown with cloth laces and an blue orange white stacked compound sole.

• Options
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Haha damnit [chat] ok!

Weathered brown with cloth laces and an blue orange white stacked compound sole.

dont buy any shoes remain shoeless liek me become the shoe lord

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ok the other two are mildly humorous but the water balloon one is just

*scratches head*

• Options
    no buy all the shoes open up mundos shoes shoppe

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Vine is so confusing.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Haha damnit [chat] ok!

dont buy any shoes remain shoeless liek me become the shoe lord

Don't feel pressured to buy things just because Big Shoe is pushing an agenda.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barefoot_running

• Options
    BEAST! wrote: »

lulz

I do not play FFXIV but -"BEAST!" does and last night i watched him get through Alexander II and get abandoned by his yellow-bellied, uncoordinated pick-up group of unrelenting cowards in Alexander III

Beasto and -DemonStacey are going to get married

we is on sargatanas

such bonding, so eternal

That is adorable

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    a

I must see these again

idgi

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

lulz

I do not play FFXIV but -"BEAST!" does and last night i watched him get through Alexander II and get abandoned by his yellow-bellied, uncoordinated pick-up group of unrelenting cowards in Alexander III

we is on sargatanas

such bonding, so eternal

That is adorable

I've come to claim my rights of Prima Nocta

• Options

lulz

we is on sargatanas

such bonding, so eternal

That is adorable

yeah but you're not fucking invited to the wedding are you Mr "Diabolos"

How's the weather in DIABOLOS

PRETTY LAME I BET

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    http://www.sbnation.com/2015/7/9/8909051/the-perfect-baseball-game-is-19-hours-long-and-has-lots-of-crying
    Do you think any baseball player has ever cried while actually in the middle of playing? Like, what if Randy Johnson, in his prime, pitched an entire game while openly crying with big, heaving sobs? Just wailing? It would scare the shit out of you.

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Tan is an acceptable summer dress shoe color?

• Options
    Also, Hakkekage I dunno where/if you or beasto ffxiv but I am on diabolos and I am Slawth Juicywizard

lulz

we is on sargatanas

such bonding, so eternal

That is adorable

in this union, which one is the wife, do you think

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Also, Hakkekage I dunno where/if you or beasto ffxiv but I am on diabolos and I am Slawth Juicywizard

lulz

we is on sargatanas

such bonding, so eternal

That is adorable

Whynotboth.jpg

• Options

lulz

we is on sargatanas

such bonding, so eternal

That is adorable

Whynotboth.jpg

so you've come to claim your right of a threesome

• Options

I should go make some tea.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    a

I must see these again

idgi

i need this rabbit in my life

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Also, -Hakkekage I dunno where/if you or beasto ffxiv but I am on diabolos and I am Slawth Juicywizard

lulz

we is on sargatanas

such bonding, so eternal

That is adorable

PRETTY LAME I BET

Ugh, now what am I gonna do with all this materia that you registered for.

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Also, -Hakkekage I dunno where/if you or beasto ffxiv but I am on diabolos and I am Slawth Juicywizard

lulz

we is on sargatanas

such bonding, so eternal

That is adorable

PRETTY LAME I BET

Ugh, now what am I gonna do with all this materia that you registered for.

Give it to some much lamer couples

I'll take that Fat Chocobo Card tho thx

• Options
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »

I swear to god I thought the "bit" for this Vine was going to be that we weren't looking at a girl from behind, but a stick with a ball on top and a wig, and the joke was that it would turn around and instead of seeing a girl we would see a stick with a ball on top in a wig. This girl is really good at Vine/Media/Life.

This discussion has been closed.