As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The newer action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Kind of disappointing. Neca puts out some good stuff when they're not trying to cut costs to get on WalMart shelves.
    On the other hand, since somebodies got the license, that means there will be toys, so not too heartbreaking. Going to have to keep an eye on that.

• Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Didn't bandai make some kits for PR?
    True, but I personally don't want to put together a kit in order to have a neat action figure.

I've been eyeing this kickstarter since I finally tracked down an eagalus and missed the first kickstarter. I like the boariar and the name is hilarious to me. I don't know how it works for the unlocked figures though. Do you just choose them individually when you back at any tier? I kind of want the Jacob Marley skeleton/ghost and a few others.

It's a tough decision since there are many cool ones but it very quickly becomes crazy costly

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    True, but I personally don't want to put together a kit in order to have a neat action figure.

Yeah, I just meant that Bandai did the kits for PR1 so hopefully that meant they were picking up PR2 stuff too, because yeah some SRC Jaegers would be rad.

Neca is ok, but giant robots is more Bandai's thing.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017

I've been eyeing this kickstarter since I finally tracked down an eagalus and missed the first kickstarter. I like the boariar and the name is hilarious to me. I don't know how it works for the unlocked figures though. Do you just choose them individually when you back at any tier? I kind of want the Jacob Marley skeleton/ghost and a few others.

It's a tough decision since there are many cool ones but it very quickly becomes crazy costly

As I understand it, you add up all you want and pledge that amount, and then they send you a survey when the Kickstarter is over and you indicate what it is you are actually wanting.

It can quickly add up, and it does take awhile for the figures to get made and shipped

But I just got some from their previous run and they are pretty dang rad

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    Toyworld Dirge comes with a little flip phone, so he can update his Instagram with selfies and bad poetry about how nobody understands him.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Did you guys see the new Trypticon? I didn't care when I first heard he was coming out, but now I'm jazzed.

Honestly I didn't like the look of it. It may be the single picture I saw but he seemed too slim and too much detail. That being said I only saw the picture on twitter and only briefly.

having looked at more pictures he does look better than i initially thought. since trypticon is a titan class that also adds to his value i think. however i don't think i can personally justify it since i just got the reissue relatively recently. i think the feet and head are still a little weird though

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    New Deluxe Windblade and Naughty Nautica!

bDU2Pvk.jpg?1

kS9xwsN.jpg?1

Looks like Naughtica is a remold of deluxe titans returns Brainstorm/Blur, which looks to be a good fit since that mold apparently has good articulation and a slim figure which can pass as a female body.

Only problem is Nautica is going to be in a set! FFFFFF!!!
    Titans Return Chaos on Velocitron set (formerly, Speed set) – Quickswitch, Nautica, Fastlane, Optimus Prime (Generation 2), Rodimus Prime

I'm hoping Takara will release her as a standalone, because fuck buying all those other guys.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I'm not a fan of that head, though... it doesn't really look like her. Nautica's face is large and round, and the problem with headmasters face is they're super flat because they're basically backpacks.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    A third party will probably make a better looking Nautica, but for now I'd be happy getting this one

E: How the fuck is Takara going to make a show accurate MP Beast Wars Dinobot while hiding the legs in beast mode?! It doesn't seem possible, and yet they're going to do it. The absolute madmen!

LKjjEYN.jpg?1

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    hnnnnngghh

iyv98itFCVdAPLmv7-M-eFQYK7vEc6_uxx0iIpvo6Bw.jpg?w=1024&s=7ca9baa12ba474c55f0e80bb29a55822

• Options
    Bought a lego batman minifigure for when I get my black lego pieces for the gpu stand.

Red Hood!

v2Cc90W.jpg?2

Spent forever searching for a store that had them and this was the last one. I was hoping for a Batman minifig, but this will do.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Bought a lego batman minifigure for when I get my black lego pieces for the gpu stand.

Red Hood!
    v2Cc90W.jpg?2
    Spent forever searching for a store that had them and this was the last one. I was hoping for a Batman minifig, but this will do.

If you're using batman with the GPU stand, then you can also look for very, very dark grey pieces as well.

• Options
    Just happened to stop by Target today and they had the new X-Men and GotG ML waves

So I picked up Cyclops, Colossus, and Darkhawk

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    So I opened my Fort Max today and HOLY MOLY this thing is HUGE!!! I figured he would be big, but man, this thing is nearly 1/3 the size I was imaging when I bought it. So now he sits on the floor next to the shelving with the rest of the toys since I have no other way to display him. Also played a bit with my MP Soundwave and am glad I have him now. Love how they made all the cassettes transform and the little details they gave each of them. Especially Frenzy and Rumble with their guns hidden in the piledriver arms. At first I was going to display the YotG version and keep the other in its box, but now thinking of doing the opposite. Haven't opened my Voltron yet, but planning on doing that when I have some room to display him.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    see317 wrote: »

Red Hood!
    v2Cc90W.jpg?2

If you're using batman with the GPU stand, then you can also look for very, very dark grey pieces as well.
    But in the video games, black brick objects are unbreakable, unless a krytonite powered weapon is used. :razz:

So I opened my Fort Max today and HOLY MOLY this thing is HUGE!!! I figured he would be big, but man, this thing is nearly 1/3 the size I was imaging when I bought it. So now he sits on the floor next to the shelving with the rest of the toys since I have no other way to display him. Also played a bit with my MP Soundwave and am glad I have him now. Love how they made all the cassettes transform and the little details they gave each of them. Especially Frenzy and Rumble with their guns hidden in the piledriver arms. At first I was going to display the YotG version and keep the other in its box, but now thinking of doing the opposite. Haven't opened my Voltron yet, but planning on doing that when I have some room to display him.
    Cool! Looking forward to your thoughts on Voltron. You got the SOC one right?

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    Yep I got the SoC one. I can't wait to take him out as well.
    After playing more with Fort Max and watching some videos online comparing the G1 to the TR version it doesn't seem that it is that much bigger than the original. Guess my childhood memories made him seem smaller for some reason. The only thing going for him is the Headmaster gimmick which is fine. Makes me wish I used the money towards MP Inferno instead now.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    MP Inferno is still in stock at HLJ if you really want it.

Also Grapple comes out this month. There should be some in stock once its released.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    Has anyone come across TR Triggerhappy? I want one like whoa

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    I got one from TF Source for Christmas. Haven't seen one in stores since though.

I did see Voyager Optimus and Megatron today. They didn't exactly blow me away in person so I didn't get either. Might as well wait for remolds/rereleases.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Has anyone come across TR Triggerhappy? I want one like whoa

I got one from Target before Christmas. Haven't seen anything in Targets since then though.

You might try Walgreens since they seem to have both the newest wave and some from the older waves.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Bummer, I was hoping someone could maybe middleman me one, I'm worried I'll never see it here we're so behind

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Bummer, I was hoping someone could maybe middleman me one, I'm worried I'll never see it here we're so behind

I'll keep my eyes out for one if you want. Not sure how successful I will be at it since TR seems to be lacking here lately.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

There's a chance it will show up. I thought we'd never get new stuff but then randomly another gnaw and kickback showed up at Walmart. So I wonder if someone just happened to be swooping in as soon as they hit the shelves or if the distribution was/is bad.

• Options
    I swear that the distribution is terrible given how much is seen/not seen from the TR line. I remember all I saw was Wave 1 for what seemed to be eons. Then Walgreens was the only game in town that got Wave 2 and in December suddenly Targets/Walmarts/Toys R Us got Wave 3 and skipped Wave 2. Now it is some Wave 2 in Target/Walmart/TRU and no Wave 3 to be seen. These are for the deluxes, the Titan Masters I have heard that all of them have shown up but I have yet to see a Repugnus or Shuffler yet.

The one thing that I have noticed that annoys me is that it is really hard to find toys these days. I don't know if it is because of resellers buying up stock (eBayers, etc.), collectors, poor distribution, etc. But man I miss the days when I could find toys in toy stores or at least department stores. These days it seems that even toy stores are hard to find (if any) and I end up driving all over the place almost every weekend if I want a certain toy (or just end up buying from online).

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I swear that the distribution is terrible given how much is seen/not seen from the TR line. I remember all I saw was Wave 1 for what seemed to be eons. Then Walgreens was the only game in town that got Wave 2 and in December suddenly Targets/Walmarts/Toys R Us got Wave 3 and skipped Wave 2. Now it is some Wave 2 in Target/Walmart/TRU and no Wave 3 to be seen. These are for the deluxes, the Titan Masters I have heard that all of them have shown up but I have yet to see a Repugnus or Shuffler yet.

The one thing that I have noticed that annoys me is that it is really hard to find toys these days. I don't know if it is because of resellers buying up stock (eBayers, etc.), collectors, poor distribution, etc. But man I miss the days when I could find toys in toy stores or at least department stores. These days it seems that even toy stores are hard to find (if any) and I end up driving all over the place almost every weekend if I want a certain toy (or just end up buying from online).

Around here Combiner Wars had the same problem. Both TRU and Target skipped entire waves, and then backfilled with that wave 2 releases later.

• Options
    Nobody wrote: »

Around here Combiner Wars had the same problem. Both TRU and Target skipped entire waves, and then backfilled with that wave 2 releases later.

Yeah, same here with them. Plus the rampant multiplying Motormaster.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Yeah, hopefully it'll randomly pop up. Like I said earlier, 3 different newer Marvel Legends waves all of a sudden appeared at once, the GotG (w/ white tiger man BAF), X-Men (w/ wacky robot man BAF), and Spider-Man (w/ Sandman BAF) waves.

I did find a lone legends size TR Bumblebee, so I'm not sure if that's good or bad news for me

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, hopefully it'll randomly pop up. Like I said earlier, 3 different newer Marvel Legends waves all of a sudden appeared at once, the GotG (w/ white tiger man BAF), X-Men (w/ wacky robot man BAF), and Spider-Man (w/ Sandman BAF) waves.

I did find a lone legends size TR Bumblebee, so I'm not sure if that's good or bad news for me

Saw one Triggerhappy (with a Hot Rod and Twinferno) at my Target today so they might be restocking that wave again.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    :O all my jelly

I've been searching everywhere when I can... I did find a Sixshot, so like the TR Bumblebee I'm not sure if that means I missed everything else from that shipment or what

And I keep checking all the different websites but it's all scalpers

Bummer

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    :O all my jelly

I've been searching everywhere when I can... I did find a Sixshot, so like the TR Bumblebee I'm not sure if that means I missed everything else from that shipment or what

And I keep checking all the different websites but it's all scalpers

Bummer

Damn well at least you saw Sixshot. I haven't seen hide nor hair of him yet. Nor Bumblebee for that matter. Although there are lots of sightings of Sixshot lately so I'm hoping to see him soon.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    New toys arrived today!

My black lego pieces.

17 2x2 bricks, 4 2x2 plates, 1 6x6 plate, and one 2x2 flat tile. Together they form my gpu pillar (with blue tack on the tile and below the base).

NQHtmh1.jpg?1

I ended up coming up short a plate so I used the Red Hood mini figure base plate, but since it only has one row of connectors in the middle I had to use a bit of blue tack. Also due to part of the the floor of my pc case being a bit riased, I had to use a couple spare 1x1 round plates on one end of the 6x6 plate to keep everything level.

If I end up getting a new pc case with a psu and hard drive shroud this won't be be a problem anymore as I'll likely require less lego bricks. Still wish I had ordered another couple plates or bricks, but I'll make do for now.

My only real worry is whether having blue tack on the gpu is safe.

SOC GX-70 Mazinger Z D.C

suONFOr.jpg?1

Holy shit do I have buyers remorse after getting this.

It looks nice, but because the front underwear piece severely hinders legs movement, it may as well be a brick. Yes, you can replace the front underwear with one that allows for more movement, but it's pretty unsightly and looks like a thong. They should have just made this figure with extendable hip joints like the SRC. The two stands included don't plug in anyway when the Jet Scrander is attached, so they're useless when its used. Also, some of the additional accessories like the Iron cutters have no where to be stored. which is weird because more of the accessories can be stored inside the base.

MP-34 Cheetor

EVm524g.jpg?1
    rErkwW7.jpg?1

This figure is pretty cool, despite being pretty gappy in beast mode. The transformations to robot mode is really neat and makes me feel like it'd definitely be possible to remold this intro Tigertron, despite that character being a big larger with a larger beast mode head. He's has good poseability in both modes, two guns which are part of this beast mode, two additional robot mode faces and two additional beast mode heads. Like him a lot!

MP-35 Grapple

YaLJjM4.jpg?1
    OUG2FUv.jpg?1

Grapple is probably one of the best remolded figures I have experience so far.

The entire crane, back and lower legs are new! I probably should have taken a photo of Grapple's back, but basically it's a bit flatter and kind of has a butt flap that isn't noticeable unless rotating the waist. Thing about the butt flap back though It's actually a lot more involved transforming him compared to Inferno. The back of the crane vehicle mode becomes part of the legs in robot mode, which look a tad shorter than Inferno's. Like Inferno, his crane cannot rotate, meaning it's just pointing to the front in vehicle mode. You can swap out the crane hook for scoop or claw, but only the hook can hide away inside robot mode. Inferno's right arm with the the nozzle has been reversed into Grapple's left arm and comes with the option to swap out the default dark grey nozzle for a shiny chrome one like with Inferno. He also comes with a neat page of blueprints of the solar power tower, a model of the tower had pegs in his hand, a gun that can peg into his back, a soldering pen that can be stored in his right arm, a swappable helmet, and a total of four faces (two for each helmet)

Group shot!

NcptIap.jpg

Fans-hobby Archenemy still stinks a bit, but nowhere near as noticeable compared to when I first got him. still haven't transformed him and I probably never will due to those reports of breaks in the shoulders.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    Oh man. That Grapple does look awesome! I really like model of the tower. Unfortunately HLJ sold out of the Inferno the day you posted it otherwise I would have ordered him. Snooze I lose. So I did not understand the difference between their legs. Now I have to go look at the differences.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    You should check HLJ a few times a week as they sometimes get more instock. Otherwise you'll just have to find another website or seller.

With regards to Grapple, I should note that I forgot push in the orange cylinders on the thighs so they don't really look even in these pics. The new legs are just the lower legs, not the feet I think. They look similar enough to Inferno's that you wouldn't notice at first glance.

E: Here's a pic of the back of Grapple to see the difference. The torso wheel came undone while I was moving it and only noticed in after transferring the photo to my pc. Just look at the previous pic for reference of where it should be, or imagine the wheel positioned higher.

1r31lDQ.jpg?1

As you can see, the back is a lot flatter than Inferno and there's a single butt flap in the middle, with two vertical flaps beside it to allow for more backward leg movement.

There's also the new lower legs with part of the crane base on them.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    Oh wow, yeah I can see the difference now. Went and looked at photos of Inferno and now these shots of Grapple and they really do have completely different looking backs and calves. At first it was a no brainer on which of the two "truck brothers" that I would order (which was Inferno) but now I'm not too sure.

Fake Edit: Just checked HLJ and Inferno was back in stock so just ordered him. HAHAHAHA. Now I have to see about Grapple later on...

Oh also wanted to say that sucks reading about the Mazinger figure you got. I remember watching lots of Mazinger when I was little but never saw the later shows.

When I saw the Triggerhappy I managed to snag a Repugnus and Shuffler for my collection. Now I have to find a Kickback one of these days...

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Congrats on ordering Inferno! He's a really great figure.

I could probably get used the alternate front underwear, but since I'm only going to be displaying him standing up, I'll just leave it.

Also if I want to play with a Mazinger Z figure I have the SRC version with the jet scrander and effect parts that I paid way too much money on ebay years ago :razz:

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    apparently five below has tiny rotating stands. looks pretty cool from what i saw on twitter

• Options
    All righty, got some pics of stuff and things. MP Star Saber with KFC Simba and joint upgrades, some Titans Return stuff plus the SND Nemesis kit on Motormaster.
    dR8aFFs.jpg

KFC's Simba's is really good and doesn't have any problems combining with Star Saber. The problem is if you don't have the joint upgrades Star Saber's arms are legs are way too loose and he'll just keel over backwards after you upgrade him to Victory Saber mode, and he can't really hold his weapons.

2TMaSuh.jpg

But now he can actually be posed and hold weapons better. Plus the kit came with a longer sword blade. I also had the upgraded hands which hold the sword better.

WJ9F5Dg.jpg

Size comparison with MP10. He's pretty tall.

cfU75TA.jpg

SND Nemesis with SND Optimus. The kit doesn't look quite as nice with Motormaster as it would with Grand Scourge, but it still looks pretty good.

XKS7X8R.jpg

The main problem is the arms which are too gray, but otherwise it looks good.

uQZ6Xn4.jpg

To get the kit on completely you need to shave off part of Motormaster's shoulders and cut a spot in. It took a long time to get it right but it ended up looking ok.

qnikfiR.jpg

Hardhead unupgraded vs Hardhead with Nonnef feet and stickers. Definitely looks better with the feet extensions.

6LHFEiq.jpg

Fangry head Windwipe vs Mindwipe with stickers. The Fangry heads work well with Mindwipe's body.

h5ROhia.jpg

Highbrows. The other head doesn't wobble around as much so that's nice.

tIBKGhQ.jpg

Blurrs. The Ptero head doesn't look that great on Blurr but OH WELL.

mgxvxi2.jpg

Skullsmasher with stickers and Sentinel Prime with stickers and Sawback head. The Sawback head definitely works with Sentinel Prime and the stickers make him slightly less orange. So that's nice.

• Options
    Cool haul.

With regards to MP Star Staber, what are the joint upgrades specifically?

If there's something that can improve the elbows I'd really like to know Especially if it comes with new screws. So far I've wedged a couple in there but it's not permanent and they'll likely fall out eventually.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    Cool haul.

With regards to MP Star Staber, what are the joint upgrades specifically?

If there's something that can improve the elbows I'd really like to know Especially if it comes with new screws. So far I've wedged a couple in there but it's not permanent and they'll likely fall out eventually.

It's this kit http://www.capturedprey.com/store/kfc_toys_kp17

You can get it for like $20 shipped from Ebay. It doesn't come with replacement screws unfortunately, but it will definitely improve the elbows. It has replacement joints for the knees, waist, both elbow joints and the shoulders.

This discussion has been closed.