As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The newer action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    Betsuni wrote: »
    I'll be at Gencon so I'll be right there in line praying that I'll get one. Hopefully it is simply alternate art or something and not functionally different cards. I'm super hyped for this, may do a supplemental podcast about it

Oh man. Now I'm seriously jealous since I have to wait till it goes on the website. Part of me says that you'll probably get one since people are really poopooing it.

I think you're discounting how greedy scalpers can be with con exclusives.

Yeah true... Forgot about those scumbags.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Sent an email to HLJ asking if it'll be ok to cancel Takara PotP Optimus Primal.

Just want to make sure I can do it without risking my other more expensive pre-orders.

I don't think I've had any cancellations since maybe last year so I'm hoping it'll be ok.

Really don't want to lose out on my SOC Dragon Caesar, MP TFs or figma Aqua.

EDIT: Hooray! I was able to cancel it without repercussions!

EDIT: New Generations TFs coming soon

xVfgBCe.jpg
    sZMbdOr.jpg

wIFl30r.jpg
    HquQGLb.jpg

They look pretty good overall. Optimus' top headlight in truck mode look a bit off though

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Digging the Sideswipe.

Just saw that Repugnus went live on Amazon for pre-orders.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0785P78QD/

I just snagged one to go with the others even though I am not too thrilled with his torso.

Edit: Drat, sold out already...

Edit 2: I can still order one if anybody wants me to.

Edit 3: PFFT!!! Ok, so sold out I guess. It goes in and out of stock. But it is a pre-order anyways so...

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    i like the weapons for optimus although the backpack is weird, and those lights in vehicle mode are bizarre. sideswipe looks real good.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    I'm jazzed for the Targetmasters Battle Masters!!!

Also Nemesis Prime is showing up on Amazon for me. Not sure if it is a Prime thing, but says for preorder.

link

Edit: Also spotted Moonracer up on Amazon for $16.99 link

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Finally got a TR Trypticon at a somewhat decent price. Sadly there are no Ollie's anywhere near me so I couldn't check any overstock, so I have to rely on other sources. Now I just need a decent TR Fortress Maximus and I think I'll have the big ones I want for now.

I did order a Jinbao OS Bruticus the other day which is going to take like a month to get here from China. I'm not sure what I'm expecting, but my understanding is the dude's as tall as a TR Devastator so it sounds like he's an absolute unit. He also looks leagues more detailed than the CW Bruticus, so I'm looking forward to that.

• Options
    So I just snagged a Punch Counterpunch from Amazon just now. Well pre-ordered one. I have another if anybody here wants one. If not I might just cancel that order and be happy with my one since I don't want to be greedy.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Looks neat, never knew those existed. Sorry, just wanted to comment that they look cool.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    i think they are the same as these:

https://extreme-sets.com/

but this is the first i saw them show up on something like bbts. i like the toyhax ones but these seem like actual diorama sets as compared to the tiles/background of the toyhax version.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    The last two Dinobots I need are finally $16.99 on Amazon, so I will have Volcanicus this Sunday!

• Options
    edited July 2018
    For those who wanted the two cassette dinosaurs from the SDCC set and don't mind having the opposing clear versions Big Bad Toy Store and Entertainment Earth both have the VW Bumblebee figure version up for preorder.

seibertron article

EE has it for $59.99 while BBTS has it for $64.99.

Edit: TF Source Link if you are into them instead. They have it for $64.99 as well. I ordered it from EE and realized that it is more with tax and shipping than BBTS. Then found out that it is hard to cancel with EE.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    i like dropkick. although i kinda want to turn him into whirl. these pictures look better to me today than they did yesterday, although that cardboard backpack on prime in the last one is annoying

• Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    Hello, easy Rotorstorm headswap.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I like Dropkick, may be the first Studio Series that I pick up.

I really want those cassettes, but $65 for those and a Bumblebee I have zero interest in....

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    143999 wrote: »
    Hello, easy Rotorstorm headswap.

I feel that will be the primary reason anyone buys dropkick. To swap into other characters that is.

I've also seen some interesting digibashes of the hound

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I just want Dropkick because I love transforming helicopters

DotM Skyhammer is a favorite of mine

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Ive always been a fan of the Cobra gunship, which is part of the reason I loved Whirl so much.

• Options
    i like dropkick. although i kinda want to turn him into whirl. these pictures look better to me today than they did yesterday, although that cardboard backpack on prime in the last one is annoying

THANK YOU!!! I saw Dropkick and instantly thought, "HEY, that's Whirl!" Makes me think that they wanted to call him Whirl, but couldn't for some reason? I know there are rumors that Dropkick is a triple changer, but come on, why make him grey and blue like that?

Also bugs me that some sites mis-identified Dropkick as an Apache when he's a Cobra.

I am so tempted to buy him just because I love the design. Will need some serious restraint once I see him in the store.

I think I'm going to only pick up Ironhide in this series though, but even then might try to restrain myself. Although the mini-bots are so going to be picked up.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    i cant quite tell but the backpack on dropkick could be weird. it looks like he has that flat panel thing going on. in either case i won't be getting him for a long time if at all. is aftermarket on studio series really bad? i haven't had much desire for any of them. maybe down the line i'll get him for a whirl

• Options
    I had a G1 Rotorstorm as a kid, so if this mold was reused for him (new head and translucent pink for windows and blade) I would be very happy.

With regards to the original G1 figure though, man did I hate how the arms didn't stay locked in. Had to use a rubber band to hold them to his torso :P

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    Didn't know who Rotorstorm was so had to look it up. Yeah, Dropkick looks exactly like a Rotorstorm with the handheld missile launchers. Just needs some pink on it and it will be good to go.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I really dig all of the Transformers: War for Cybertron: Siege: Colon models so far. I wish they had been more original than to use the name of the video game, though.

• Options
    I predict Hasbro is going to reuse the names of all the previous lines. They've already done so with RID and War for Cybertron. Is Armada next? Or will they skip straight to Cybertron.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    Armatron: Cybermada

• Options
    Generation 2 where the transformers change from vehicle to toddlers.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    Heatwave wrote: »

Oh please no... I lived through the G2 line and suddenly am afraid of seeing those neon colors and ugly paint jobs come back again.

Oh another note, guess the Walmart reissues went live sometime during the night and already sold out. I'm now hoping that I'll find one in store since the internet is destroyed thanks to IGN posting all the links and info on it. Of course now the scalpers and bots are out in force. Sorry, just frustrated this morning.

On a good note I bought a MP-40 on sale the other week and got him in. He's super fun to transform and I can see myself playing with him way too much.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    In addition to the two Dinobots I needed, I ordered Rodimus Unicronus and he arrived a day early. So now I have a new toy to play with!

The transformation is really solid. I have seen multiple reviewers for both Rodimus Prime and Unicronus complain about how the legs join to the backplate on Hot Rod, but there is a double peg that if you set up there will be rock solid.

This is a kit with a lot of precision required to get everything lined up in vehicle mode, but it's very stable once you have everything together properly. I think because of the care needed in lining up the parts, it won't be a quick transformation, but I think it's fun. It reminds me of MP-10 in that regard.

Heffling on
  • Options

Oh please no... I lived through the G2 line and suddenly am afraid of seeing those neon colors and ugly paint jobs come back again.

Oh another note, guess the Walmart reissues went live sometime during the night and already sold out. I'm now hoping that I'll find one in store since the internet is destroyed thanks to IGN posting all the links and info on it. Of course now the scalpers and bots are out in force. Sorry, just frustrated this morning.

On a good note I bought a MP-40 on sale the other week and got him in. He's super fun to transform and I can see myself playing with him way too much.

I'm kicking myself because I saw the Construction set available as I was leaving work and decided to wait until I got home to order. Yeah, big mistake.

• Options
    Nobody wrote: »

I'm kicking myself because I saw the Construction set available as I was leaving work and decided to wait until I got home to order. Yeah, big mistake.

My condolences. They'll hopefully be out in stores and more online. Otherwise I will be seriously pissed even more than I am right now at scalpers.

So I opened my Nemesis Prime and man he is a blast to play with. I swear that he is nearly on the level of Masterpiece but with more playability. Now I can see why people said that they bought the Optimus Prime is worth nearly a MP-10.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Got my Jinbao OS Bruticus(aka "Warbotron") in today, and he's a monster. It came in a styrofoam sarcophagus that could have shipped a small child and the inside of the shipping box smelled weirdly of chlorine for a brief period after opening.

Apologies ahead for some potato, they were just quick poses and shots through a phone camera.

Anyway, box front/back
    Jd5BPDX.jpg
    AumuJsk.jpg

In all their glory
    ztHUEkN.jpg

So... many... extra... bits...
    k7YlIGM.jpg

Onslaught alone is almost as big as Hasbro's Bruticus!
    kd8bZPZ.jpg

"I didn't do nothin'!" - Astrotrain is not amused by Swindle's antics.
    TgJk6w1.jpg
    (fun fact, Jinbao's Swindle has the cockiest smirk and it's amazing and I wish the phone would have picked it up but I couldn't get a good shot)

Vehicle forms, Onslaught, Swindle, Brawl, Blast off, Vortex
    eRZz9Wn.jpg
    WAharc1.jpg
    MvO8RTd.jpg
    RosEqBV.jpg
    Umv4tHZ.jpg

Fully combined, rock on!
    Ow4vt0P.jpg

"Get a loada dis pipsqueak! Can't even move his fingers independently!"
    29mrgpi.jpg

Devastator is unimpressed.
    eDJp8LS.jpg

Overall I'm very, very impressed with it. It does have some minor annoyances such as the arms being more difficult to rotate at the shoulder than they need to be, and the hands of some of them(especially Blast off) coming off easily because some of them slide onto a peg and don't really have anything else keeping them from sliding right back off if you move it the wrong way. You also have to kind of position his limbs to weigh him forward a bit as he's heavier in the back and will otherwise kind of lean backwards precariously if left to his own devices. But the detail and the articulation are worlds better than the Hasbro-style Brutici and he's nice and tall like any self-respecting combiner should be.

• Options
    I love how in the comparison shot with Hasbro Bruticus, you have the Hasbro versions head looking down like he's ashamed.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Picked up my first new Transformers since January, Moonracer and Blackwing.

They're not great! But I wanted to complete Dreadwing and new Femmebots are always welcome.

• Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    I managed to get a Moonracer. Yeah, not great. Would be a good base for a Rung, though.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    Yeah I'm sad they messed up the female model for Moonracer. The car mode is terrible and the feet are annoying as well. I understand why the made the mold the way they did, just sad that it could have been better.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Oooh the new Masterpiece units are being shown off in Japan. Cartoon Wheeljack, Optimus Prime be and HOUND!!! I can't wait for Hound. Funny enough, I picked up a Wheeljack earlier this year because he was one of the cars I did not have. So will be able to pass on the cartoon version.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Not sure how I feel about Optimus ver 3. Maybe too skinny, I prefer MP10. I think I like the more toy look than the cartoon look.

HTS had Hun Gurrr up for a bit, so I picked that up, which meant I had to pull the trigger on the rest. Looking at that TDW upgrade kit too...

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Yeah not sure on Optimus after having the teo previous versions now. Will have to wait to see how it looks colored and different angles before I decide.

Dang it. I keep on missing Hun Gurr. Hopefully will find him in the store.

I did manage to pick up Cutthroat yesterday and now I'm somewhat invested in getting the rest now. Cutthroat's monster head tends to fall off when transforming him, but he is a neat toy. My Rippersnapper has a problem where his legs do not seal correctly when in monster mode which bugs me. Does anyone else have the same thing happening to them?

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
This discussion has been closed.