Options

The newer action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Woo, just picked up Blitzwing, Octone, and Overlord at Ollie's.

Still had some Trypticons too.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Man. I'm glad I don't have an Ollie's next to me. Thnk I'd have a group of Trypticons (flock? gaggle?) by now.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Man. I'm glad I don't have an Ollie's next to me. Thnk I'd have a group of Trypticons (flock? gaggle?) by now.

my understanding a group of t-rexes is called "a terror". so i say we go with that

also where the fuck are these ollies and why arent they closer to me

• Options

my understanding a group of t-rexes is called "a terror". so i say we go with that

also where the fuck are these ollies and why arent they closer to me

They are only located in magical places.

Sort of like pot of gold at the end of rainbows. I heard of them, but never seen one myself.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    All of the Ollie’s near me sold out of Trypticon in 24 hours and they were never seen again

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I really wanted a $70 FortMax, but no luck at my Ollies

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Holy Shit. The new tax on low value imports here in Australia is going to ruin my wallet. Did some rough estimates and I'm going to have to fork over an extra $185AUD for my remaining action figure preorders this year. Fuck this government.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Holy Shit. The new tax on low value imports here in Australia is going to ruin my wallet. Did some rough estimates and I'm going to have to fork over an extra $185AUD for my remaining action figure preorders this year. Fuck this government.

Wow, a price of a MP by itself.

On better news, thanks to @143999 I now have Windblade in my collection. Finally got a chance to take her out of the packaging and play with her for a bit last night. My wife really likes the design of her jet mode and said it reminded her of the jets from The Avengers (or a Harrier). I honestly liked her transformation as well as her turbines can be moved and posed. They really did do a whole lot of thinking where you can place her swords when she's not wielding them. Overall I'm glad that I have her in my collection now. So now she stands next to my Arcee and making me think I need to pick up the other Females in the PotP line.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Still had some Trypticons too.

God damnit.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/75598

fGmkl1d.jpg

Well shit, I've haven't paid a lot of attention to any releases for awhile and had no idea this was coming. Though I should have guessed because of the movie. Gonna have to get the whole set.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/07/02/s-n-d-primo-x-mortis-upgrade-kit-nova-prime-for-battle-core-optimus-prime-366475?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Also finally, been waiting years for this.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Yeah, there's a ton of new ML waves: that Big Venom wave, SP//der wave, Apocalypse wave, and most recently Sauron wave

A bunch of MCU 10 Year stuff too, including, finally, Yellowjacket

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Just a heads up for anybody looking to snag the PotP Nemesis Prime from Amazon. Somehow they put him up early for Prime Members. Shipping on the 12th or so. I just got my order in for one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B076QWG87D/

The link didn't work for me, but I managed to have him on my wish list and added him to my cart from there. $49.99

Almost tempted to add another to have for resale.

Edit: So they either sold out or closed off the orders since it doesn't work for Prime members. Also wanted to clarify that I was tempted to buy a second one for anybody here who wanted one (or on the TF forums). Not to scalp. I hate scalpers so do anything I can to screw them.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    In the photo on their website you can see that it is cardboard on the bottom corner of the throne if you zoom in enough.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I thought Weasel was being sarcastic, because yeah it's definitely cardboard

Also, I kinda want that PotP Nemesis.......

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    The more I read from user reviews of the POTP Predacons the more I warm up to them.

My only concern is displaying it since it’s as tall as CW Devastator

• Options
    At first I legitimately couldn't tell but I did the same thing brtsunk did. Looking at any of the corners it is obvious.

Which kinda sucks but I wasn't going to get it anyway so I guess I lucked out?

• Options
    I hope I can land the SDCC Bumblebee and cassettes. Mainly for the cassettes. Also read the speculation that perhaps the secret names are for the other combiner cassettes which I would love.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I saw those on TFW2005 and my jaw dropped. I didn't even know the original ones existed.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I haven't bought any Transformers for years but saw a PotP Optimus for 45 bucks at Target and said why not

I'm so giddy to open this

• Options
    I held off so I could buy the Nemesis Prime version. But at that price I might have been tempted to buy it. Can't wait to hear your impressions on Prime after you open him.

So anybody else hunting for the Wave 3 Terrorcons to finish off their Abominus? So far I'm holding strong since I have never seen Hun-Gurrr in a store.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I’m hunting them, per the sightings forum they’ve hit every Walmart and Target in the state but my area.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Fuck yeah Figma Mordred got a painted prototype. One step closer to it going up for pre-order!

HFEcFsK.jpg?1

So glad I didn't bite the bullet for the expensive statues. Action figures are where it's at!

Hoping she comes with alternate faces and that she sells well enough for good smile company warrant a casual outfit version. Can live without the unarmored version though.

PotP Optimal Optimus is supposed to be available in Australia at a certain retailer which is no longer close to where I live. Hoping Target eventually gets both it and Predaking so I can cancel my takara orders. Although apparently someone at TFW2005 got in trouble for cancelling some of their orders and lost their preorders so I'll have to tread carefully. HLJ really should have a notice or something to warn you when you've passed an unacceptable ratio of cancelled orders, instead of nuking account

Also updated my delivery address for certain sites to the local post office so I don't have to have someone waiting around at home anymore. Everytime I miss a delivery I have to go all the way to the business hub, so it'll nice to just pick up my action figures on the weekends while doing shopping.

I'm a bit nervous though as this will be the first time I've used the post office's service to receive and hold onto parcels. Guess I'll find out whether the service is reliable when I get my PE Mega Doragon or MP Dinobot this month or next month.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Ok, so I was happy to see the Walmart G1 Hot Rod and was hoping to find one in a store. Then now they announce the rumor of a G1 Starscream and I did a little giggle... But read that there might be a G1 Devastator AND minibots... Yeah, I'm losing it over here. Especially if Devastator comes out. Yep, going to kill for that one. Oh and the minibots.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Ok, that is hilarious! At least they figured out how to get rid of the skinny waist.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Holy shit MP Beast Wars is pricey. Still pre-ordered him. With all my pre-orders I'll now need to set aside even more money per month for the rest of the year.

I wish MP Dinobot, SOC Dragon Caesar and PE MegaDoragon would release already so I can pay them off now and worry about the rest later.

Still no PotP Optimal Optimus being released at Targets or anywhere else in my country. Really want to try to get one at a local store so I can cancel the Takara pre-order. Considering that I have a pre-order for the reissue of PE Beast Gorira though I might as well just skip this figure though as it only looks neat in robot mode. That'll save at least 100AUD to put toward my other pre-orders

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I'm happy there are beast wars toys for people, especially at the MP level. I'm REALLY happy that I can't even begin to care about beast wars because that price tag, ouch.

WingedWeasel on
  • Options
    Yeah, that pricetag is nuts, I'm not sure what justifies it

I love BW, but these are easy passes, I'd rather drop that much on several cool third-party things, like the Spartan/notImpactor reissue

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I think Optimal Optimus is just starting to appear in some overseas stores so you haven't missed out on him yet @Heatwave . At least I think Aus seems to get them after the USA right? If so you're still safe since he hasn't been appearing much if at all yet here yet.

I just saw the photos of Repugnus and I have to say it is going to be hard for me to pass on him. On one hand I really want him to complete the group, but the bottom of his "beast" mode makes me think he's a pregnant cockroach carrying eggs... We'll see how well I can resist once he goes live. Now Punch/Counterpunch is making me drool. I always wanted him when I was a kid, but since he was "special" I never got him. Missed out on the previous re-releases and now I have to have this guy.

Images

Edit: Oh I got my Nemesis Prime yesterday from Amazon. He really is awesome, and I can't wait to take some photos of him to share. Didn't have enough time to put him through his paces but I like his look over the Optimus Prime version. Especially since his trailer allows the fake chest top to meld in unlike Optimus'.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Yeah, that pricetag is nuts, I'm not sure what justifies it

maybe because they know there's no way to release it as a repaint and they have to bake that into the price

edit: I guess that logic doesn't hold, exhibit A) Star Saber

Delzhand on
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Overlord is currently at $31 on Amazon if anyone has been looking, and I've read rumors that Nemesis Prime will be on sale as part of prime day.

Heffling on
  • Options
    My POTP Cutthroat arrived today, managed to snag him on Amazon when he showed up at $16.99.

Blot and Sinnertwin both have appeared as $16.99, but when I tried to add them to cart the price jumped to $26+

Not happy

• Options
    How did no one here tell me there was an announcement (of an announcement) for the transformers tcg? Apparently SDCC and Gencon will have convention exclusive previews and the street date (USA) is 9/28.

I guess it isn't technically a toy. But still

• Options
    How did no one here tell me there was an announcement (of an announcement) for the transformers tcg? Apparently SDCC and Gencon will have convention exclusive previews and the street date (USA) is 9/28.

I guess it isn't technically a toy. But still

Hey! Did you hear about the new Transformers CCG? What sucks is that the SDCC/GenCon exclusive seems to be a pack and has four exclusive cards in it (2 bots and 2 others). You can try to buy them on August 13th online when Hasbro puts up the remainder though. Part of me is slightly tempted to buy a starter pack, but I know better to start down that road.

I'm hoping that I can snag a Bumblebee con exclusive... But doubting that since it seems that everybody wants it as well.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I'll be at Gencon so I'll be right there in line praying that I'll get one. Hopefully it is simply alternate art or something and not functionally different cards. I'm super hyped for this, may do a supplemental podcast about it

• Options
    I'll be at Gencon so I'll be right there in line praying that I'll get one. Hopefully it is simply alternate art or something and not functionally different cards. I'm super hyped for this, may do a supplemental podcast about it

Oh man. Now I'm seriously jealous since I have to wait till it goes on the website. Part of me says that you'll probably get one since people are really poopooing it.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

Oh man. Now I'm seriously jealous since I have to wait till it goes on the website. Part of me says that you'll probably get one since people are really poopooing it.

last year there were 75,000 people at gencon. it definitely isn't assured. when they first brought it up a few months ago there were a lot of people complaining based on experience with say magic like 15+ years ago. i have high hopes for the game. i know last year i tried getting my wife harry potter promos for the deckbuilding game and despite being there 2 hours early i still managed to only get one of the last dozen or so

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular

I think you're discounting how greedy scalpers can be with con exclusives.

This discussion has been closed.