Options

All I want for Secret Shamblers is a moose and some new content [SE++ WoW]

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Cataclysm sure seemed to do a good job of making challenging 5 man content. Just make the normal and heroic content what it is today and make mythic more like what we saw in cata.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Invisible wrote: »
    Yeah, it's a pretty perplexing system.
    It feels like the only meaningful updates come from expansions and they're so far apart that the game doesn't keep interest.

They've been talking about doing yearly expansions since BC though. They always intend to do it and then technical things prevent them. I know there are at least a couple of raids in the game right now that exist purely as filler while they bought more time to get the next expansion out.

I have a developer interview DVD in my Burning Crusade CE box with one of their guys talking about yearly expansions, and a concept that I thought was a lot cooler than what we have now. Throughout BC Dreanor there are a bunch of abandoned mini Dark Portals, and apparently one of the early expansion concepts was that every expansion would be the Alliance and Horde chasing Illidan to a new realm through one of those portals.

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Cataclysm sure seemed to do a good job of making challenging 5 man content. Just make the normal and heroic content what it is today and make mythic more like what we saw in cata.

Yeah but the opinion then was that they were too hard. I always liked the cata 5 mans, especially as a healer. I loved the whole thing they did with rep tabards, the random item bag thing you got for queuing as the role needed most, those type of things. Pandaria was bad as far as 5 mans go, WoD was straight garbage for 5 mans. LFR is alright but running the same raid 2 times a week wore really thin on me when there was nothing else to do besides grind mats or something.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Like some of the most fun I've ever had in this game was leveling a disc priest via dungeon finder only. Because I like interacting with people and being a bad ass healer.

Nikolai on
    xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Nikolai wrote: »

Yeah but the opinion then was that they were too hard. I always liked the cata 5 mans, especially as a healer. I loved the whole thing they did with rep tabards, the random item bag thing you got for queuing as the role needed most, those type of things. Pandaria was bad as far as 5 mans go, WoD was straight garbage for 5 mans. LFR is alright but running the same raid 2 times a week wore really thin on me when there was nothing else to do besides grind mats or something.

I didnt play in cata, but from my understanding, the difficulty of them was not in line with the gear that you obtained correct? I feel as though people shirk from difficulty if the rewards are poor. Rather than being upset with it if the rewards are good. If a dungeon rewarded me gear on par with heroic HFC, I would be expectant, not upset, that its difficulty was quite high.

• Options
    Zenyatoo wrote: »

I didnt play in cata, but from my understanding, the difficulty of them was not in line with the gear that you obtained correct? I feel as though people shirk from difficulty if the rewards are poor. Rather than being upset with it if the rewards are good. If a dungeon rewarded me gear on par with heroic HFC, I would be expectant, not upset, that its difficulty was quite high.

yeah but you got badges and the badges could be used to buy current-tier raid gear (at least I thought it was current tier)

this was a MUCH more interesting system than the LFR mill we have today

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Zenyatoo wrote: »

I think a lot of the problems people had with cata dungeons was that they were a huge change of pace from wraths group the mobs up and aoe them down philosophy. You had to CC stuff and use defensive cooldowns and what not. The only dungeon I ever felt was maybe a tad too difficult was the one where you have the chains orc guy as the first boss and the later boss that you had to melt the armor on him by kiting him though the lava pillar thing.

I will say that the dungeon they released alongside ICC are some of my most favorite dungeons they've done.

Nikolai on
    xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    yeah blackrock caverns heroic was not a good time on level

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    that melt armor boss has got to be in the top 3 all-time group killers

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    The cataclysm dungeons were always fine with a group you knew, and sucked shit with pugs.

• Options
    I will say that the fact that pugs always wanted to try to skip trash mobs in some stupid ways always made wonder what the point was. Just kill them. It's easier.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    I will say that the fact that pugs always wanted to try to skip trash mobs in some stupid ways always made wonder what the point was. Just kill them. It's easier.

GW2 player here. If we can spend 15 minutes and 3 wipes skipping instead of a 5 minute fight, then by god we'll do it! Fighting is for nerds. True heroes run from all danger.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular

And usually skipping trash would just leave you a small margin for error in pulling the pack you couldn't skip. If your group was coordinated and good enough to pull and execute with that kind of precision, you'd be blowing thru that trash quickly anyway (or it was so early in the expansion that you all needed the rep and you should've just killed the mobs).

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular

Panda dungeons are the worst they've ever made. Not a fucking ounce of fun to be had in them.

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    i thought brewery was cool because it was goofy

most of the rest I honestly cant even remember probably for good reason

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I like that they tried to tie the dungeons in with the zone story in MoP, and that they tried it sometimes with WoD with Auchindoun and Iron Docks, though stuff like slave pits felt very tacked on.

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    @zay I got my twintania mount

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Angry wrote: »

Panda dungeons are the worst they've ever made. Not a fucking ounce of fun to be had in them.

I liked that one boss in the tree where you could stack all the oozes and get like +600% damage to annihilate the boss in 8 seconds.

And then the next boss took a minimum 5 minutes because it was a horde event /wrists.

• Options
    i guess some people are seeing overwatch pop up in their launcher

would be really cool if that goes to beta before christmas

• Options
    I wonder what the next earnings call will be like and what the numbers will look like by then if this is the last content patch before an unknown expansion release date.

• Options
    depends on when the release date is

a lot of people re-sub to "prepare" for expansions, even though there's actually nothing to do really

i did that for Warlords, catching the tail end of SoO

• Options
    If they announced it was releasing in 6 months and the beta started in November I'd say they'd lose another 1-1.5 million before people start coming back to get ready for whatever the expansion is.

• Options
    i will bet a shiny nickel that they're going to aim for this November

i dont think they can afford to delay 7.0 until even January. By that time there will be nobody left to play.

• Options
    Jasconius wrote: »
    i will bet a shiny nickel that they're going to aim for this November

i dont think they can afford to delay 7.0 until even January. By that time there will be nobody left to play.

Would not be surprised if at gamescom they're like "and you can preorder today and get beta access RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!"

• Options
    That would be pretty impressive, if only that they kept it under wraps so well

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    So, anyone want to make any last-minute predictions on the theme of the next expansion?

I'm tentatively saying that this will tie into more demon/legion stuff.

They haven't done any obtuse hinting like they with with Kairoz at the end of pandas, so I'm thinking a more straightforward continuation is what is planned.

• Options
    I've heard more chatter about that leak that Zenya posted.

Troll theme with a new ranged mail class with 2 dps and 1 healer spec.

• Options
    I'm still putting my money on invading alternate legion-corrupted Azeroth with medivh and inverted Karazhan and sargeras funtimes.

• Options
    I'd like a 'continuation' of an expansion, if only because they've never really done that before. It's always been a hard left somewhere else

• Options

Hahaha troll expansion that'll win em back

• Options
    The legion is still the big big bad so they'll probably go back to azeroth to face a new threat but maybe with some alternate timeline people tagging along?

• Options
    everyone is posting leaks about azshara and the naga, but i feel like people make that prediction every time

but the reason I say November is I read some pretty credible sounding insider leaking a few months ago that stated the next expansion was "almost feature complete" and they were just waiting on art, which has been their traditional bottleneck

i really do think we'll see a beta within 2 months followed by a release

Features take more time than content, and I feel that this expansion is going to be all about content

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular

Hahaha troll expansion that'll win em back

World of Warcraft: There is only Zul

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    I said it in a raid a few weeks ago but my guess was we go through archimondes portal and keep fighting the legion.

I'll stick with that I guess.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    if 7.0 gives you a pirate ship with a daily where you fight a kraken

that would own

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    I'd like a 'continuation' of an expansion, if only because they've never really done that before. It's always been a hard left somewhere else

That is exactly what WoD was.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    if 7.0 gives you a pirate ship with a daily where you fight a kraken

that would own
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=14108/get-kraken

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Spoiler alert
    It was boring

mkc.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »

how so?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »

how so?

Last patch of pandas had a bunch of weird hints about what was going on behind the scenes with Garrosh, and the bronze dragon who started this whole mess.

This discussion has been closed.