As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] When Everyone Has Gjallarhorn, No One Does. Year Two Bungie Stream Wednesday!

1939495969799»

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Mythoclast and Necrocasm are listed as "teaser". What does the "teaser" part mean? They're pretty tough to get since they require both RNG luck and doing a certain task.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Vagabond wrote: »
    btw, BWU has been posted

Interesting things to note:

- Redesigned Year 2 No Backup Plans, Shotgun kills will now trigger Force Barrier (when it's available)

Then why not just give us a new exotic with that new perk?

This is some recycling bullshit hidden behind pretending we get to keep things we've already levelled.

Like seriously that couldn't have just been a new piece of armor?

It would be like them coming out and saying "Guess what, you get to keep your Gjallarhorn! It has the same model except now its a Machine Gun and has a different perk. Oh, and you have to relevel it"

SO DUMB

...because it does what No Backup Plans has always done as well? They took a subpar exotic and on it's way into year 2 upgraded it so it actually has a role.

Like, is your complaint based on really wanted a new in game model or just haterade?

It's pretty clear what my complaint was/is, Devout. You're a smart poster. Don't be a goose and try to frame a legitimate complaint from a poster who has been a part of this Destiny community from day -60 and has contributed greatly to that community as "haterade".

To be fair it seems to be following the flavor of what they have been doing with the transitional exotics. Taking the exotics and giving you another perk tied into what they already did. No Backup Plans triggered an extended force barrier on a melee kill. Now they have made the extension part better and it also triggers off a shotgun kill (which are getting nerfed so ideally you will be up in the enemy's face anyway). I wouldn't say that would be different enough to warrant a new exotic, but the upgrade to a previous one makes it neat and more useful.

As far as Devout's comment, haterade is probably too extreme. But its obvious you don't like some of the new design choices, and thats perfectly cool, but it might be spilling over a bit *shrug*

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »
    Vagabond wrote: »
    btw, BWU has been posted

Interesting things to note:

- Redesigned Year 2 No Backup Plans, Shotgun kills will now trigger Force Barrier (when it's available)

Then why not just give us a new exotic with that new perk?

This is some recycling bullshit hidden behind pretending we get to keep things we've already levelled.

Like seriously that couldn't have just been a new piece of armor?

It would be like them coming out and saying "Guess what, you get to keep your Gjallarhorn! It has the same model except now its a Machine Gun and has a different perk. Oh, and you have to relevel it"

SO DUMB

...because it does what No Backup Plans has always done as well? They took a subpar exotic and on it's way into year 2 upgraded it so it actually has a role.

Like, is your complaint based on really wanted a new in game model or just haterade?

It's pretty clear what my complaint was/is, Devout. You're a smart poster. Don't be a goose and try to frame a legitimate complaint from a poster who has been a part of this Destiny community from day -60 and has contributed greatly to that community as "haterade".

To be fair it seems to be following the flavor of what they have been doing with the transitional exotics. Taking the exotics and giving you another perk tied into what they already did. No Backup Plans triggered an extended force barrier on a melee kill. Now they have made the extension part better and it also triggers off a shotgun kill (which are getting nerfed so ideally you will be up in the enemy's face anyway). I wouldn't say that would be different enough to warrant a new exotic, but the upgrade to a previous one makes it neat and more useful.

As far as Devout's comment, haterade is probably too extreme. But its obvious you don't like some of the new design choices, and thats perfectly cool, but it might be spilling over a bit *shrug*

Spilling over a bit?

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Haterade. Now you've got me wanting to concoct some malicious beverage and trick my friends into drinking it.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    They mean you're complaining a lot

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    This version of the thread can not die soon enough

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Wait, what's the advantage of maxing Vanguard and Crucible marks if the translated shared cap is 200?

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Sirialis wrote: »
    This Exotic bullshit has completely cratered my hype.

If you were going to ditch so many, what was the reason for talking about Gjallarhorn, Thorn, The Last Word and Icebreaker nerfs?

Feels like Bungie is just coming up with new plans every week and running with it.

They definitely are.
    Erevar wrote: »
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    It makes sense to me that Gjallarhorn, Thorn, Ice Breaker aren't getting Y2 versions. They were so good that the entire community coveted them, celebrated them, and used them once acquired - and ignored others because they weren't these default "best" options.

I will miss them. (Not even positive that Thorn and IB aren't getting Y2 versions, but we haven't seen them yet and that's what I expect.) Well, I won't miss Thorn. It was a really cool weapon with a cool questline and a unique DoT mechanic that was just a little too OP. And... Hey, I guess we'll still see Thorn in regular Crucible, so actually, it isn't really going anywhere. But if it's phased out in Trials and Iron Banner, I'm good with that.

Man, I can't wait to see some new exotics. We have redesigned exotics from Y1 and now we have a whole new set of exotics to get excited about, and they're still mostly a secret. I do want Fate of All Fools, though. I REALLY want it.

Here's hoping MIDA gets a Y2 version. Fingers crossed, because it's so unique and doesn't feel particularly OP in any way. But I did get 8k+ points with it that one time.

I worry that the message they are sending here is:

"Hey! You know those weapons you loved in Y1? Leave 'em behind. Oh, and try not to fall in love with any of these new shiny Y2 weapons, either, because all the really good ones are going to be left behind in Y3."

On a side-note, if Thorn isn't going forward into Y2, they better leave TLW behind, too. Fuck that gun in particular.

It seriously lessens the desire to chase gear.

I mean AllDngsGoToHvn JUST BARELY got a mythoclast two weeks ago after chasing it for a year. And now Bungie turns around and makes the reward for that year long chase worthless.

What kind of message does that send? What does Bungie think that does to a player's future motivation to grind for gear?

Well, there will be new things to chase.

I know the pain better than anyone. Need I reference all my Gjallarhorn posts over the last year?

You know what my experience with not having Gjallarhorn taught me? You don't need it. You don't need the best weapon to do the content. What you need is a diverse set of weapons and armors across your characters. Despite how it feels, and like I said trust me I know, you are not gimped by not having that one gun, whatever that one gun is.

i think what im saying is....

....oh god......

gjallarhorn is overrated

Paging @Cilla Black

<3

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    rndmhero wrote: »
    Wait, what's the advantage of maxing Vanguard and Crucible marks if the translated shared cap is 200?
    What will happen to my old Vanguard and Crucible Marks from Year One?

When The Taken King is released, blocks of fifty Vanguard and Crucible Marks will be converted into one reputation consumable

50 marks will translate into a commendation you can then turn into rep.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    They mean you're complaining a lot

I post a lot anyways. Usually its about grouping or news or random info. Right now I dislike the news I am getting about Destiny.

I'm not gonna lessen my posting just because it's not super happy about the game and I've never asked anyone else to do that either. We're all Destiny peeps no matter our opinions on Bungie' design choices.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    jefe414 wrote: »
    rndmhero wrote: »
    What will happen to my old Vanguard and Crucible Marks from Year One?

When The Taken King is released, blocks of fifty Vanguard and Crucible Marks will be converted into one reputation consumable

50 marks will translate into a commendation you can then turn into rep.

Ah cool, I missed that piece. Thanks.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Moved into a new apartment and got internet hooked up, so I can Destiny once more!

Kinda interested in doing Skolas at some point, if anyone's interested.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Well no one's asking you to stop, nor should they

Just don't be surprised when people associate your posts with negativity about the game!

• Options
    Well no one's asking you to stop, nor should they

Just don't be surprised when people associate your posts with negativity about the game!

I'm fully aware I'm negative about their design choices right now.

But its far from haterade and that was what I objected to.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    People can hate on the exotic changes and still be positive about the other changes.

This is Bungie/Destiny we're talking about here. Smart and dumb decisions come in equal measure.

• Options
    CelianCelian Registered User regular
    The thing is about the Year One stuff is that it is neither going away nor becoming weaker relative to Year One content. Some folks just like running VoG, Crota, etc. Everything that you do now (outside of ToO/IB) with the gear you have now, you will be able to do when TTK comes out. Some, like 35 Skolas, will even be easier. Even stuff like saying "Mythoclast is useless now" is wrong. If the Fusion Rifle kills bounty is still a thing, you can still whip out the Mythoclast and get that thing done 100x faster than with a TTK level Fusion Rifle. We saw a "Solar kill" bounty as well during the stream, so guns like Mythoclast/VoC still gets them done quicker until you get new TTK guns with elemental damage.

If so many exotics were going away, why nerf/buff them? Well, there are a lot of new Crucible modes and in those modes, you can still use anything and the power doesn't matter, only the perks. So it makes sense to make sure that your first few games in Rift isn't getting Thorn'd for 20 minutes.

The need for new gear and a moving on from Year One stuff was needed, in my opinion. I can understand the reasons and opinions of folks that do not want this to happen, but I simply disagree.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    Don't get used to yourself, you're gonna have to change.

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Do we know which Exotic armors are kept?

Heart of the Praxic Fire in particular...?

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    also the VIP shader is TIGER PRINT

it's a good day to be a titan with large flat surfaces to highlight my TIGER PRINT

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    New thread is up. http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/200162/destiny-vog-pizza-banana-bread-death-on-sept-15-the-bacon-king-comes-for-us-all#latest

Alternate titles:
    • [Destiny] TTK: Don't Wake Daddy
    • [Destiny] Oryx You Glad I Didn't Say Banana
    • [Destiny] Obi is Fett up with Bungie right now
    • [Destiny] Can you guys tell that I'm hungry like every time I make these thread titles

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    Alright that made me laugh

Good one Gmaster

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I would bet money that Gjallarhorn not being upgraded into year 2 has two purposes:
    1) Make whatever the new hotness turns out to be look better by comparison.
    2) Get a marketing push on the 2nd expansion pass by announcing for one of the DLCs, "This one has Gjallarhorn 2.0!"

• Options
    Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Haterade

I'm suddenly so thirsty. So, so thirsty.
    I would bet money that Gjallarhorn not being upgraded into year 2 has two purposes:
    1) Make whatever the new hotness turns out to be look better by comparison.
    2) Get a marketing push on the 2nd expansion pass by announcing for one of the DLCs, "This one has Gjallarhorn 2.0!"

It's so evil and malicious it's entirely plausible.

Question: do non-TTKers get the vault upgrades and improved interface?

Trojan35 on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    This Exotic bullshit has completely cratered my hype.

If you were going to ditch so many, what was the reason for talking about Gjallarhorn, Thorn, The Last Word and Icebreaker nerfs?

Feels like Bungie is just coming up with new plans every week and running with it.

They definitely are.
    Erevar wrote: »
    It makes sense to me that Gjallarhorn, Thorn, Ice Breaker aren't getting Y2 versions. They were so good that the entire community coveted them, celebrated them, and used them once acquired - and ignored others because they weren't these default "best" options.

I will miss them. (Not even positive that Thorn and IB aren't getting Y2 versions, but we haven't seen them yet and that's what I expect.) Well, I won't miss Thorn. It was a really cool weapon with a cool questline and a unique DoT mechanic that was just a little too OP. And... Hey, I guess we'll still see Thorn in regular Crucible, so actually, it isn't really going anywhere. But if it's phased out in Trials and Iron Banner, I'm good with that.

Man, I can't wait to see some new exotics. We have redesigned exotics from Y1 and now we have a whole new set of exotics to get excited about, and they're still mostly a secret. I do want Fate of All Fools, though. I REALLY want it.

Here's hoping MIDA gets a Y2 version. Fingers crossed, because it's so unique and doesn't feel particularly OP in any way. But I did get 8k+ points with it that one time.

I worry that the message they are sending here is:

"Hey! You know those weapons you loved in Y1? Leave 'em behind. Oh, and try not to fall in love with any of these new shiny Y2 weapons, either, because all the really good ones are going to be left behind in Y3."

On a side-note, if Thorn isn't going forward into Y2, they better leave TLW behind, too. Fuck that gun in particular.

It seriously lessens the desire to chase gear.

I mean AllDngsGoToHvn JUST BARELY got a mythoclast two weeks ago after chasing it for a year. And now Bungie turns around and makes the reward for that year long chase worthless.

What kind of message does that send? What does Bungie think that does to a player's future motivation to grind for gear?

Well, there will be new things to chase.

I know the pain better than anyone. Need I reference all my Gjallarhorn posts over the last year?

You know what my experience with not having Gjallarhorn taught me? You don't need it. You don't need the best weapon to do the content. What you need is a diverse set of weapons and armors across your characters. Despite how it feels, and like I said trust me I know, you are not gimped by not having that one gun, whatever that one gun is.

i think what im saying is....

....oh god......

gjallarhorn is overrated

Paging @Cilla Black

<3

I always knew this day would come ; ;

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I need to do Hard Mode Crota for the trials of year one thinger but I have no desire to do Hard Mode Crota D:

Erevar! The next time you solo Crota could you let me mooch? I've never done it before :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Go to new thread.

Stupid eating dinner.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish