As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PAX] South '16 - Sayanora Rolling Star! (Forum photo in Tube's thread, link on last page)

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Syphyre wrote: »
    What did Jim Bowie say to Davy Crocket as they ate their pie?
    Remember the a la mode!"

what did Jim Bowie say to Davy Crockett when they saw the Mexican Army?

oh wait that's probably inappropriate and offensive, nevermind

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Syphyre wrote: »
    What did Jim Bowie say to Davy Crocket as they ate their pie?
    Remember the a la mode!"

what did Jim Bowie say to Davy Crockett when they saw the Mexican Army?

oh wait that's probably inappropriate and offensive, nevermind

Oh I know the answer to that one. The one I posted is about the only joke I can think of that's not racist/offensive in some way. (which makes me realize just how many offensive jokes I've heard about that.)

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    There are actually two endings, and I find them both funny cause I've done both kinds of work

Still offensive though

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I just confirmed the time off with my boss. Scheduling vacations four months in advance means when last-minute bullshit crops up, I feel zero guilt about telling them it's not my problem. So hopefully the ticket sales don't get too crazy this time around, otherwise I guess I'll just sit around my apartment for a week in January.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I think it should still be relatively easy to get badges. IIRC Sunday badges were on sale on the day of this year. But just to be sure, subscribe to the PAX Twitter account and get text notifications. Bam, you'll know immediately when they go on sale and you can get them quick.

There are people on this forum who go to PAX Prime every year without fail, so as long as you're dedicated to getting badges and can drop what you're doing when they go on sale you should be fine.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I just confirmed the time off with my boss. Scheduling vacations four months in advance means when last-minute bullshit crops up, I feel zero guilt about telling them it's not my problem. So hopefully the ticket sales don't get too crazy this time around, otherwise I guess I'll just sit around my apartment for a week in January.

Fuck that. Plenty of folks have come to a PAX without tickets to the PAX and had a good time.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Yeah absolutely come regardless. There will be hangouts and fun times.

• Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    I'll almost definitely be going again.

Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Depending on money, we're hoping to do this instead of East. I know the hotels are WAY cheaper, but flying two people to Texas more than evens it out

• Options
    cabsy wrote: »
    Depending on money, we're hoping to do this instead of East. I know the hotels are WAY cheaper, but flying two people to Texas more than evens it out

You're gonna have a good time if you can make it! Lots of good people here.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    70 degrees in January > 50 degrees in March/April tbh

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »

Ehhhhhhhhhhh

I like it cold

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Remember the Alamo!
    Aphostile wrote: »
    REMEMBER THE ALAMO

Oh, I remember the Alamo.

Do you? Or do you just look at the transcripts?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    I can't say for certain until tickets happen (also we have an internal product going live the first of january so hopefully things on that don't get screwed) but the intent is to be there again this year.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular

Ehhhhhhhhhhh

I like it cold

50 is definitely better.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I was being generous. It often dipped into the 40s at East last year. But yeah, I live in New York, I get enough of the shitty weather of winter, I'll take the 70 in Jan.

EDIT: Or, I'll try to find a super cheap (like below 70/night) hotel and still go to East anyhow.

Goose! on
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Just so long as we don't get more freak polar storms.

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    I'm going and I'm dragging along @Trombonior again too, gonna try to avoid ending a night head first in the trashcan outside a food truck stand though.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Kadith wrote: »
    I'm going and I'm dragging along @Trombonior again too, gonna try to avoid ending a night head first in the trashcan outside a food truck stand though.

Yeah well what if I make it my mission to make you end a night head first in the trash can outside a food truck stand? Riddle me that, Will.

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Double shots all around!

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    We gotta do all the things. Karaoke, food trucks, that 24 hour place, some other shiz

• Options
    We gotta do all the things. Karaoke, food trucks, that 24 hour place, some other shiz

Hot wing eating contests, flash mobbing, cage fights...

• Options
    Badges are on sale in less than a month now. Three weeks from tomorrow.

Get hype!

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    So um. I think I may be going to this, and convinced two local friends to do the same? We'll see how badge sales go but I think I'm jonesing for another PAX fix and it might be contageous?

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Cello wrote: »
    So um. I think I may be going to this, and convinced two local friends to do the same? We'll see how badge sales go but I think I'm jonesing for another PAX fix and it might be contageous?

Do come! You'll find it way more laid back than Prime, but I still went home exhausted (in a good way) after South 2015.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Cello wrote: »

Do come! You'll find it way more laid back than Prime, but I still went home exhausted (in a good way) after South 2015.

I'm cool with that! I only made it out to one day of Prime this year, so it'd be nice to grab passes for at least another day of the event. I'm sure forumer shenanigans and being touristy will help fill in the gaps again, anyhow, if I find the show to be a bit too slow.

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    I mean

I wouldn't call the show slow, per se

Just, not as insane as Prime gets

We spent a lot of time in the board game area last year and we left the convention center occasionally to get food/go drink/whatever

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I can't commit to anything but if I find myself employed by the time tickets go on sale, I could maybe swing this.

Plane tickets & hotel costs would probably be squeezed right under $600, so yeah I could save up for that.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Still haven't decided if I want to bring my PS4 down for multiplayer shenanigans/forcing people to play Puyo Puyo Tetris. Speaking of, @Speed Racer you planning to come down?

• Options
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Still haven't decided if I want to bring my PS4 down for multiplayer shenanigans/forcing people to play Puyo Puyo Tetris. Speaking of, Speed Racer you planning to come down?

He better!

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I kind of missed all of the shenanigans since we still needed sleep and had to drive home. That should be different this year.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I'm definitely planning to come but who knows what could happen in the next few months

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I mean it is basically the only way I can scare up puyo puyo Tetris victims

• Options
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    I'm going to be there. And Metroplex Arcadians have no excuse not to have already created a regular game night. Come on! Just show up at Madness sometime.

Wait where is this now

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I mean it is basically the only way I can scare up puyo puyo Tetris victims

I mean we could have been playing online a lot more than we have, I tried to play the campaign some a while back and my Puyo Puyo skills are just completely lost.

Not that I had much to begin with.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Want to go to this but since I work at a school, getting time off in January is tricky

• Options
    I'm going to be there. And Metroplex Arcadians have no excuse not to have already created a regular game night. Come on! Just show up at Madness sometime.

Wait where is this now

Madness Games and Comics is a huge game store in Plano. Though as the Metroplex is suitably massive, that might not be the best option for a meet up for some people. We (the metroplex arcadians) should put together a meet up sometime for games and socializing.

• Options

Wait where is this now

Madness Games and Comics is a huge game store in Plano. Though as the Metroplex is suitably massive, that might not be the best option for a meet up for some people. We (the metroplex arcadians) should put together a meet up sometime for games and socializing.

Ugh, I wish I knew about that before I moved away from Plano.

• Options

Wait where is this now

Ugh, I wish I knew about that before I moved away from Plano.

They only got the new store in the past few years, but before that they rented two store spots in the shopping center with one wholly dedicated to tables for games.

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    oddly enough if things work out i will be moving to Addison which will be closer to Plano than i use to be.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.