As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Smash Bros. is Video Games: The Game: The Reckoning

1414243444547»

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    the cloud nerfs are kind of a bummer but not a big deal i think

nothing to the things i actually care about

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Boo Corrin nerfs!

Yay Samus buffs!

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    The cloud nerf really only applys to the air

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Charizard buffs too! Oh my goooddddddd

• Options
    yeah that looked like a lot of shit

I kinda wanna pick him up now

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    So Ganondorf also got reduced endlag on his dash attack, which means that a sourspot DA can apparently true combo into certain attacks past about 60%—against light characters over 100% you have to double jump but apparently it still qualifies

Even at the lowest percentages it true-combos into the new jab, which can sourspot in 7 frames

Also, the down-B has increased damage for two of its three states, so it now beats Bowser's fire breath, Charizard's flamethrower, Arcfire, a fully charged water shuriken, and lemons

Yes... good...

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    So Ganondorf also got reduced endlag on his dash attack, which means that a sourspot DA can apparently true combo into certain attacks past about 60%—against light characters over 100% you have to double jump but apparently it still qualifies

Even at the lowest percentages it true-combos into the new jab, which can sourspot in 6 frames

Also, the down-B has increased damage for two of its three states, so it now beats Bowser's fire breath, Charizard's flamethrower, Arcfire, a fully charged water shuriken, and lemons

Yes... good...

Well.

This should be... interesting.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    SilverWind wrote: »
    I kind of like the mystery of it though! And the gradual trickling in of reports of changes

But then again I don't play, I just like watching you guys talk about Smashing, and laughing at Wyborn's follies :P
    Patch notes everywhere, on everything

Gundi on
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Also the no buffs for Duck Hunt make me sad.

Gundi on
  • Options
    i thought they increased the knockback of its smashes

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Wyborn wrote: »

Even at the lowest percentages it true-combos into the new jab, which can sourspot in 6 frames

Yes... good...

Well.

This should be... interesting.

Got lucky enough to face a Ganondorf tonight!

Yeah, the kick going through Arcfire complicates things. Not as much as I thought it would, though.

• Options
    @Blackbeard7 Any chance you'd have some time this weekend to just beat the Hell out of me for a while? I'd like to feel out the changes to Ganon and I think your Cloud whips my ass more consistently than any other matchup on this board (except maybe AshtonDragon but that's neither here nor there)

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I might be available Sunday but I'm not sure yet

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    I fucked around with Charizard yesterday and yeah, the reduced landing lag on its aerials is prrrrrretty nice. Of my mains, its not my best, so I gotta work on it a little bit, but I feel encouraged enough to do so.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    the marth buffs have been very nice

falco is still not great but still my second favorite and people don't really know the falco matchup

then i can go cloud when i wanna go dumb

peach got too technical for me to care anymore

smash is a good game

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    i thought they increased the knockback of its smashes
    no "real" buffs

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    TelMarine wrote: »
    Also like EVERY top tier seems to be getting actual nerfs. Cloud, Corrin, Sheik, ZSS

Also @TelMarine actual Samus buffs wowzers!

Interesting, what'd they change?
    Quite a bit, but the most notable is an increase to her airspeed.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGRwhmGIFFg

This is a really cool match concept I'd never heard of, and since I never see much Ganondorf vs. Cloud it's also interesting to see how they do against each other

Ganondorf ends up taking this particular set of matches but I think a few of the Clouds really violently illustrate how bad the matchup can be for Ganondorf; Cloud's air superiority and frame advantage is so hard to get past, it's no joke

Also the first kill in the friendlies...

dN0T6ur.png