Options

[nfl] THIS THREAD IS AS DEAD AS THE LION'S SEASON. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Would be funny if another running back from the bills found success on the hawks.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Hey! Hey!

Also it's obviously this guy:

Harbaugh-Walrus.356-Copy.png

Who is that doing push-ups with Andy Reid?

oh h*ck
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    he'll probably be a good upgrade to our pass blocking

maybe run him in a split formation with lynch

why am i talking

i literally know nothing about football

i might as well just say

"HEY GUYS IN MY EXPERT OPINION I THINK THE SOOTHING TONES OF FRED JACKSON'S VETERAN VOICE WILL PROBABLY BE THE INSPIRATION THAT CHRISTIAN MICHAEL NEEDS TO FINALLY GET HIS SHIT TOGETHER"

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Yeah he is definitely there to upgrade blocking. He is one of the better blocking RBs in the league. When he is healthy. Right Preach? :)

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    A not-always-healthy Fred Jackson would still do more for the Seahawks roster then Christine Michael, sadly.

I think this is the Seahawks saying definitively, "our prospects aren't working out, so we're going to bring in a short-term vet to win next year and hope to pick up better prospects."

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Nobody mentioned today was everybody's favourite team?
    What has always sucked: Everything. Just everything. Tell me you’re a Cowboys fan and I will INSTANTLY think less of you. I mean it. I just deflate upon hearing the news. Oh, you’re one of THEM. This a bloated and disgusting franchise cheered on by bloated, disgusting people. Chris Christie has no chance to become President SPECIFICALLY because he’s a bandwagoning fat fuck who likes this team. The owner is a lunatic and a serial groper. The coach is a tactical moron. Half the roster assaulted your girlfriend. And I still believe, with all my heart, that Jerry Jones paid someone off to get that fucking flag picked up. He built a billion-dollar food court and the NFL secretly rewarded him with an extra life for it. It happened. I will find proof.

As for Dallas, it remains our worst major city—a Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse fashioned into an entire metropolis. Dallas is Ebola, unofficial segregation, strip club ribeyes, highway ramps, bank buildings, and asshole country clubs. I’ve been to Dallas three times in the past calendar year and I swear I wish I had been sent to literally any other city instead. Why couldn’t I have gone to Kansas City? That would have been nice. But no, instead I got three trips to the world’s largest construction zone. This town got a good president killed and took a bad president in after he started two goddamn wars. The only good place to eat is at a gas station. There’s a megachurch on every corner and the head of every single one has been convicted of evading taxes. Dallas blows. I hope Jerryworld falls into a sinkhole.

Yep.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Yeah I feel like a Fred Jackson signing would suggest that the Seahawks have given up on Michael and would be looking to this year's draft class for Marshawn's heir

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    What happened to Robert turbin?

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Oh a high ankle sprain.

He always seemed good though, like possible main back good

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I just read that!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    As for Dallas, it remains our worst major city
    I'm calling bullshit. You can't say Houston is the worst city and then follow up week later saying Dallas is the worst city.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Texas has so many worst cities to choose from... (said from my high horse in Austin).

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    As for Dallas, it remains our worst major city
    I'm calling bullshit. You can't say Houston is the worst city and then follow up week later saying Dallas is the worst city.

You can tie for worst city.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    IF in Texas

THEN Worst City

• Options
    HA HA HA HA! HA HA HA! HA HA HA oh wait that wasn't funny at all

• Options
    Things that hit close to home rarely are.

lolsports

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Seriously, since when has someone been like "sure am glad that we have these sports teams from Texas!" that wasn't a Texan.

I did think that the Oilers were cool when I was a kid, because their colors were fucking silly (electric teal and white? oookay)

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Can't the same be said about a lot of states that have teams? Either Carolina, Connecticut (former team), Wisconsin, Florida, D.C., Utah, New Mexico, Arizona? It's obvious about states like New York and California, or cities like Chicago or Boston, but most anywhere else and it's only the locals that say "Sure am glad that we have the sports team from [general area that is local to us]!"

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    they can't... bring him back?

I mean the dolphins cut jash freeman and resigned him 2 days later.. it would be super weird but still

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Hey guys, I started a pick 'em and survival league, the deets are in my signature, pm me if you need more info because I always forget how people sign up for these things.

• Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    Seriously, since when has someone been like "sure am glad that we have these sports teams from Texas!" that wasn't a Texan.

I did think that the Oilers were cool when I was a kid, because their colors were fucking silly (electric teal and white? oookay)
    Teal and white and Warren Moon throwing a zillion times a game in the run and shoot. They were fun.

And then we got the Titans and Texans instead. Losing the Oilers fucked as all twice.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular

the oilers ruled. and that wasn't electric teal.

u suk

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Hey guys, I started a pick 'em and survival league, the deets are in my signature, pm me if you need more info because I always forget how people sign up for these things.

is this against the spread? straight up pick em I feel like I could make a living in sports "investing". against the spread i'm like hmmm, maybe not so much.

• Options
    Washington has built a culture of winning.
    Having the wife of your general manager accuse a reporter of sleeping with the GM and trading sexual favors for scoops would be a PR nightmare enough in its own right, but it gets even worse when your team’s PR response is to initially say that the comments came from a fake account before owning up to them. That’s exactly what the Washington Redskins did Wednesday, though. After Black Sports Online and other sites reported that a Twitter account that seemed to be associated with Jessica McCoughlan, wife of Redskins’ GM Scot McCoughlan (who was hired in January after a year “in exile“), had accused ESPN’s Dianna Russini of being her husband’s “side chick” and “giving BJs to get a story,” Redskins’ senior vice president of communications Tony Wyllie called BSO’s Robert Littal and said it was definitely a fake account and they had contacted NFL security to shut it down. Later, Jessica McCoughlan owned up to the tweets and apologized in a statement sent through the team:

Stay classy, Washington.

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Eh, I'm not willing to hang Washington out the dry on this one quite yet. If the GM asked his wife about it, and she said "No, its not me" I have no doubt that he would have honestly believed her and told the Redskins to get the PR rolling on it. Right now I lean toward them being incompetent and the wife being terrible.

Now, if we find out that the GM already knew that was his wife's real account and they tried to cover it up, then the Redskins move to being terrible.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    Apparently Pierre Garcon is praising Cousins, talking about how he's such a team leader and whathaveyou. My god... was RG3 really that huge of a stink in the locker room?

• Options
    I caught an interview with a former Redskins' player who retired this off season, and he said that RGIII had no friends at all in the locker room. He said that there wasn't anyone who he regularly ate meals with, watched film with, got in extra practice with, worked out with, etc.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
  • Options

If this is legit, I expect all of your apologies by end of day

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Robert Kraft is that you?

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    As someone who drafted him, I'm somewhat pleased.

As someone who's a fan of one of the teams he would've sat out against, I can only hope that by that point his rage has subsided and he is only mortal once more.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Pellaeon wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Robert Kraft is that you?

"Please, my friends call me Mr. Kraft"

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Wait until the NFL decides whether or not to appeal.

We could have years of this ahead of us.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    AirGuitar.jpg

I_told_you_so.jpg

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Shadowhope wrote: »

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Wait until the NFL decides whether or not to appeal.

We could have years of this ahead of us.
    ESPN was claiming the NFLPA knew they were going to lose and weren't going to appeal as recently as an hour ago. The NFL will appeal and this will go on years

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    I'll admit, I'm surprised. The judge just completely stepped all over a unanimous Supreme Court precedent that states that federal judges have no standing to interfere with an arbiter's decision, even when the judge is convinced that the arbiter made serious errors. Expect the NFL it appeal and eventually win, with this only mattering if Brady doesn't retire before this gets back to the Supreme Court where they kick the federal judge's decision to the curb.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    About time something good happened to the Patriots

• Options
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    I'll admit, I'm surprised. The judge just completely stepped all over a unanimous Supreme Court precedent that states that federal judges have no standing to interfere with an arbiter's decision, even when the judge is convinced that the arbiter made serious errors. Expect the NFL it appeal and eventually win, with this only mattering if Brady doesn't retire before this gets back to the Supreme Court where they kick the federal judge's decision to the curb.

That's very much not the precedent. The same thing happened in the Peterson case within the last year. Arbitration isn't immune from judicial review and its more than a rubber stamp, especially when the NFL acted as egregiously in violation of federal labor law as they did here

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    C8Ft8GE.jpg