Options

Reggie Chats

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    is it really the same? i wouldn't be surprised to learn janitors and room cleaners get paid the same at most levels, but i'd be surprised if say the front desk host or concierge at a 1,000/night hotel is paid the same as a 40 room family hotel

i've got a friend who works for an internationally renowned 5* hotel and yeah it's p much the same

they're treated better (by the hotel and by guests), have better staff facilities (canteen/showers) and the tips are great but basic wage isn't great

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Dang. Hella change in tactics.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    I want to play a videogame but I don't feel like playing anything. Why is life so difficult.

have you considered trying a new vidcon
    relentless consumption to push back oblivion

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    @Neco play... Invisible, Inc.

For real though the fact that it takes like 5 hours to complete a run makes it so lovely.

That or the Marvelous Miss Take. Or Stealth Bastard 2, it's still free on the Humble Store. I've been on a fast stealth kick lately and I like it!

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Bwahahahahaha blow up dat goalie

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    @Neco play... Invisible, Inc.

For real though the fact that it takes like 5 hours to complete a run makes it so lovely.

That or the Marvelous Miss Take. Or Stealth Bastard 2, it's still free on the Humble Store. I've been on a fast stealth kick lately and I like it!

Thanks! Those look good, I will check them out soon! Invisible, Inc. especially!

Cradle looks like something I want to play as well.

Neco on
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I really need to up my sheet and towel game at home. Frette is wonderful.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Hmm I'm having trouble finding an answer to a C++ question - I'm looking at variable argument lists. I see almost all tutorials have a field for the number of additional arguments, then loop through the variable argument list using the given number. Is there any way to avoid the requirement for the number of arguments, and just loop through the variable arguments until you're out?

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular

Cradle is a fucking awesome game and everyone should play it.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Shivahn what's all this then?

I had a dream where you were a dick and DEMAND AN APOLOGY

@Shivahn sounds as if you're rushing to judgement. Can we really be sure you didn't deserve it?

sig.gif
  • Options
    YEAH SQUAK

YEAH

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular

I love that character design in general, but what really sells me on it is that you can change how the eyes look

That means I could have a robot waifu with the same eyes as ... as ..... *weeps*

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Neco. do you have a PS4?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    I really need to up my sheet and towel game at home. Frette is wonderful.

I be on my sheet and towel, sheet and towel. Let me show you a few things...

• Options
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »
    Neco. do you have a PS4?

Not yet :(

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular

Philanthropic farmers cover John Oliver in their seed.

• Options
    Neco. do you have a PS4?

Oh well, put Until Dawn on your wishlist for when you do. It's a fun horror thingy.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Shivahn I dont work in that language these days but I think not... how else could you get the information? Think about how it's stored in memory

sig.gif
  • Options
    Neco. do you have a PS4?

Oh well, put Until Dawn on your wishlist for when you do. It's a fun horror thingy.

I will do this!

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    C++

"GOD DAMMIT WHY IS EVERYTHING CAPABLE OF SHOOTING ME IN THE FOOT!?"

• Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Hmm I'm having trouble finding an answer to a C++ question - I'm looking at variable argument lists. I see almost all tutorials have a field for the number of additional arguments, then loop through the variable argument list using the given number. Is there any way to avoid the requirement for the number of arguments, and just loop through the variable arguments until you're out?

Null terminating the list is another common approach

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    Also maybe that sex would have been really bad sex, you know?

I'm sure if we reason together we'll find I'm the victim here.

sig.gif
  • Options
    EAT IT TEAM FRESH EAT IT

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Okay, be brutally honest as always...

How does that look?

DCSgs08.png

Please send me your most honest and illegal crits.

• Options
    Oh right because you're storing the pointers to the args separately in addition to the args themselves, aren't you?

sig.gif
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Senjutsu wrote: »

It's occurring to me that I may be approaching a solution rather than seeing if it's the correct solution to the problem.

I have a class that has a method that takes an argument (an enum indicating what type of thing to create), and then creates the thing. I want to be able to then call a method on that thing with an arbitrary number of arguments (for clarity, the thing that's created is an entity in a game system, and I'm trying to figure out how to assign it arbitrary properties).

How would you go about that?

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
  • Options

It's occurring to me that I may be approaching a solution rather than seeing if it's the correct solution to the problem.

I have a class that has a method that takes an argument (an enum indicating what type of thing to create), and then creates the thing. I want to be able to then call a method on that thing with an arbitrary number of arguments (for clarity, the thing that's created is an entity in a game system, and I'm trying to figure out how to assign it arbitrary properties).

In another language

sig.gif
  • Options

In another language

Ok well if I want to do it in C++ and already have thousands of line that creates functional stuff doing what I want and I'm trying to clean up the code, THEN how would I go about doing that

• Options
    How well is your goat defended

sig.gif
  • Options
    What does that even mean ;-;

• Options

Are your sure you aren't just trying to recreate c++'s type system inside itself?

ie) have you considered careful whether than each enum'd *thing* shouldn't be its own separate class?

• Options

In another language

Ok well if I want to do it in C++ and already have thousands of line that creates functional stuff doing what I want and I'm trying to clean up the code, THEN how would I go about doing that

SAME ANSWER

SCORCH THE EARTH
    It's been too many years, sorry. I dug deep for some advice for you and came up short

sig.gif
  • Options
    What does that even mean ;-;

I am collecting goats

Is yours up for grabs

sig.gif
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    why even are they doing that in C++?

why

why not just use thumbscrews. that's easier

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular

sorry girl

i'm all witcher now

• Options
    I would like to purchase your finest goat

• Options