As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel Heroes Omega] RIP Gazillion Shut Down, Game Servers Close 11/24

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Well drat, Civil War codes are supposed to work until 9:00 AM PST but that isn't the case.
    Starting Friday May 6th at 9:00 AM Pacific Time...

Other way round.

I am way too tired this morning! :D

I only knew that because I did the same thing this morning. I do love that they send out the email with the code way ahead of the code being valid. Excellent timing++.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Welp, this #TeamIronMan guy is happy.

I got the Catch Up pack. My Team Iron Man box got me the IM spray, the Arc Reactor visualization, AND the CW IM Team-Up!

Now debating whether I want to get boxes for the CW Cap TU...

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    note that there are actually two sets of free codes to redeem; TEAMCAP or TEAMIRONMAN will give you a hero (pick one) and TEAMCAPMB or TEAMIRONMANMB will give you one of the event mystery boxes (again, pick one.)

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I got a free Squirrel Girl out of my mystery box hurrah! Plus a Falcon spray, Cap spotlight and an ultimate token for my copy of him, which is kinda great. Put the spotlight on his AoU costume from last year and he's fancy as hell now.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    Are the new costumes in these boxes? I hope not because I need the Hawkguy costume :(

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    darklite_x wrote: »
    Are the new costumes in these boxes? I hope not because I need the Hawkguy costume :(

Nope. They're on sale during the course of the event, only Iron Man and Cap are available now. I guess in theory you could get them as a random costume out of a box. but it's very unlikely.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    I bought the Catch Up pack and so I have all the CW costumes. Which I wasn't expecting given that we were told the costumes were gonna be staggered, but I guess that's just for people looking to purchase them separately.

Still, new outfit for Wanda that I will be using. Now if I could just get a good Promethium core for her (and I think I also need a core for my ranged Iron Man).

• Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    If you opened your civil war box and didn't receive any fortune cards be sure to submit a ticket, it is a known issue.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    The Mystery Box situation should be be solved now, new purchases will grant an extra free fortune card in addition to the mystery box (and 10 with the bundle) to compensate for some users not getting any fortune cards in a small amount of boxes.

If you were missing cards from a box or didn't get a TU token with a bundle within the last hour or so, please file a CS ticket and they will get you sorted ASAP.

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience.

• Options
    Didn't get my cards, despite not redeeming the Cap box code until last night, and not opening the free Cap box until 4 or 5 this morning. Sent support a ticket, hope I can get my card(s).

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I have a very, very happy Thor right now.

BjESrj9.jpg

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Crossbones is such a troll.

I have like 7 vest linings, 3 of each holster, another dupe or two, but I am still missing two more items to craft the damn unique.

• Options
    I've killed him 20 times in various cosmic zones, and haven't gotten anything out of him, not even a single component, ugh.
    In more fun news, I did a costume blender and ended up with Rachel Cole-Alves, so that's inspired me to level Punisher.

• Options
    Ryolnir wrote:

Happy Monday all,

Hope you had a great weekend playing the first part of our Civil War release as well as watching Civil War! I saw it Thursday night and I think it might be my favorite Marvel film so far.

This week, we have the second part of our Civil War release on Test Center to hopefully be released this Thursday. We got some great feedback and bug reports over the weekend thanks to our Operations and QA teams working to get new builds into TC for you, so we'll be addressing that feedback today. There won't be a new TC publish today, so you can feel free to go check out the new content and missions uninterrupted.

After Civil War is finished, we're working towards our anniversary release (June 4th or thereabouts, since that's on a Saturday!) and we'll be laying out the details of what that consists of. But let's focus on getting Civil War out the door and finished first!

Have a great week, I'll hopefully see you at the theaters for a repeat showing of Civil War (as well as the battlefield in-game!)

• Options
    Asros wrote:

For this weeks patch:

Crossbones in all locations will be able to drop all pieces (Currently, the only place this was true was in Hightown)
    Drop rates for vest parts will be substantially increased

There will be multiple new ways to acquire vest components

• Options
    edited May 2016
    MichaelMayhem wrote:

With the focus on Civil War, we unfortunately have not been able to address many concerns that have been rising in regards to some hero balance issues that have allowed to persist in Live for longer than we'd like. On this current build of Test Center, you will find the following changes for hero balance, specifically targeting heroes who have spiked beyond a reasonable point.

These changes are never easy for us to make, but we have to make an effort to reign in power creep rather than trying to catch up to it. Trying to catch it is a neverending task that simply isn't feasible, and hasn't worked for us when attempting it in the past.

Emma Frost - reduced defense to damage ratio to 1 per 500 rating. Reduced passive Damage Reduction to 4%.

Spider-Man - reduced dodge to damage ratio to 1 per 250 rating. Reduced passive Damage Reduction to 4%.

Rogue - Spider-Man passive dodge to damage ratio reduced to 1 per 250 rating

Developer Note: As noted by Psilocke earlier, the scaling of defense to damage ratios for heroes who have them has been a common link on heroes pulling far ahead of the pack, and needs to be reigned in a bit. These ratios will still offer a strong incentive to itemize for defense, but will no longer completely beat straight-offense itemization paths. There are still a couple of heroes with these types of ratios who were not changed, but may be subject to changes later.

Iron Fist - reduced Thunder Kick (Tiger Stance) cooldown reduction to 2s

Developer Note: At it's current 3 second cooldown timer, Iron Fist can easily rotate his cooldowns that grant damage immunity to become impervious to damage at near 100% uptime, during a rotation of damaging powers. This change will force Iron Fist, like all heroes, to have some level of vulnerability during the rotation.

Loki - Arcane Ruin now gains 50% of Summoned Ally Damage as damage bonus

Developer Note: This power has been long reported as a problem, to the point of generating some of the highest DPS in the game, beyond a reasonable measure. We realize Loki overall (this one power aside) is not hitting intended DPS targets, and will be buffing him elsewhere now that we've resolved this issue.

Thor - Lightning Hammer damage reduced.

Developer Note: Lightning Hammer was incorrectly tuned from the moment the "Charge and Hold" mechanic was removed, and it has been long known that Ranged Thor outperforms Melee Thor. This was the primary offender, and has continually placed Thor above the rest in the damage metrics.

Rogue

Developer Note: A few months back, we removed Rogue's power restrictions, opening up her build options dramatically. We said then we'd be monitoring and making changes (likely reductions here and there), and have not done that up until now. As many of you know, Rogue has had a tier of her own in damage after players really figured out how to maximize her potential, going above everyone else by a good margin. As such, we're hitting her layers with a moderate damage reduction - enough to bring her back to the 'top tier'.
    • All former "Attrition" powers (that is hotspot or DoT layers) now deal 15% less damage
    • Additional reduction in damage to Teleportal, Wrath of Muspelheim, Swooping Flames, Crashing Hail, Solar Assault, Chaotic Hex
    • Wrath of Muspelheim changed from Melee to Ranged
    • War Machine passive spirit to damage ratio reduced to 150%
    • Shifting Sands Stance attack speed multiplier reduced to 1.5% at rank 1

Dirtyboy on
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I'm glad Spidey got such a mild nerf.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I'm glad Spidey got such a mild nerf.

Yeah, from the reactions I was expecting way worse

This seems perfectly reasonable

• Options
  • Options
    MichaelMayhem wrote:

Just out of sheer curiosity, which of these changes is the "nuclear bomb" in this analogy?

The players who are running the numbers, the min/max'ers of our community, have suggested to flat out destroy the defense to damage scaling because it will always be a problem. Instead, we simply lowered the ratio a little. Why? Because it's fun to have different heroes have different item paths, and its thematic for some heroes. We'd much rather try out smaller changes than to nuke the mechanic. It's still incredibly wise to itemize for the extra scaling benefits, but you shouldn't be able to get better offense for itemizing pure defense than you would by itemizing pure offense.

Rogue? We've been getting private messages from many community members showing how high she's accelerated past anyone else, even the heroes previously thought of as "OP", by a large margin. Our answer was to hit one category of powers by a mere 15%, with a few other exceptions getting slightly more. It will be enough to get her out of her own "Rogue Tier", but she'll still be among the best in the game. A 15% change doesn't affect that. If we were in a world where 15% can take you from the best to unplayable, I don't think we'd have to worry about balance any more.

If you feel any of these is a "nuke", I would like to understand the logic behind it. Nothing got axed, cut in half, mechanics removed, or anything of the sort. This is the definition of small changes over time, though as I stated, we would have liked to get them in sooner than we were able.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Whenever I'm worried I'm being overly immature about something, I think about the Marvel Heroes forums and realize that I could be so, so much worse

• Options
    I'm clueless when it comes to Rogue in this game. What were people doing?

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

There were a couple of builds that were putting out some crazy damage. The Solar Strike build was managing a sub 3 minute TTK. Mostly they were using the scaling of damage from Spiderman's passive.

• Options
    There's a "glass cannon" build that people use that is a combo of DoTs and teleport damage. Don't have a link to it, but it's probably the Sunspot build or close to it.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the basic problem with rogue is that she can activate all the multi-type artifacts, omegas, etc. that aren't really balanced around all being active at once. They add a new power for her every time they add a new character, because that's the fun of playing rogue, but over time it's created this situation where highly min-maxed builds are possible. There's no way to verify this but supposedly the top 20-30 places in the last DR tournament were almost all rogue (her sig is also bonkers, which helps with that.)

emma players ought to take that nerf, smile and hope that's all that happens. She'll still be indestructible and a relatively small DPS haircut won't be the worst thing

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Wonder if the Advanced AIM Robot Dispenser is still one of the top four artifacts for Spidey

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Sonofabitch, I accidentally got drawn back in.

I have no idea how the Omega stuff works, besides everywhere saying get SPINtech first.

• Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Sonofabitch, I accidentally got drawn back in.

I have no idea how the Omega stuff works, besides everywhere saying get SPINtech first.

I'd start with spin tech and then warpath probably, although if you're still leveling a character I would put points into intelligence (I think Amadeus Cho in neural enhancement is the cheapest).

• Options
    spintech and warpath are good no brainer picks, basically

if you want to stack intelligence for leveling, supreme intelligence in psionics is another good node

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    In the least shocking news ever, Ultron officially announced as next playable character (they already said this many times before).

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    I was hoping he would be next. Suppose I will sit on a stack of splinters for him.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    oh dang, did they say when they're gonna release him?

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    If what I read on the official forums is any indication, end of June was mentioned.

• Options
    I just dumped all my splinters on that free STASH tab.
    Luckily they didn't announce Beast or Nick Fury as the next character or I would've been pissed.

• Options
    Team Cap uncommon influence tokens not working properly so don't consume them until they are fixed.

• Options
    What side are we all picking? I was thinking TeamCap because I'd much rather have the Cap Team-Up.

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    I went with team Iron Man, only because I already got the Cap Team-Up :surprised:

• Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    Seems like most have gone Team Cap (because he's right), but I'm guessing because there's achievements and items for both sides, most will switch next week. I don't want to, but I know I will.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197