Options

wtf my draft [chat] disappeared this is an outrage i want my money back

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Gim wrote: »
    Aren't we all just people facing our shadows?

*faces shadow*

Yes

That's why I'm hoping other games have the same conceit

:P

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Gonna go see the new Mission Impossible in a bit

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Haha, oh wow, there's a reference to PT in MGSV.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Pony wrote: »

If you liked the last one you will really like this one. More of the same, but even better polished.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    syndalis wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »

If you liked the last one you will really like this one. More of the same, but even better polished.

Good!

I liked the last one so that sounds good to me

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited September 2015
    I still think Microsoft, Sony, EA or Activision need to cut Kojima a blank check to make a game called "Quiet Mountain" starring Darryl. I'd play it.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Really loud Thunder outside.

2spooky

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    If I go over 8 hours I'm billing for a second day.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Aioua wrote: »

Are you actively doing stuff, or just waiting for stuff to finish?

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »

yes.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options

yes.

Nooo : (

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Refrigerated hot sauce is confusing me

I had a bottle of Frank's go bad so i refrigerate my entire collection now

It wasnt even opened yet but it had this awful green greasy layer on top

Any reason not to fridge it?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular

*faces shadow*

I thought you were an alcoholic squirrel.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    sup peeps

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    butts.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

only thing i can think of is flavors are muted by colder temperatures, it's why american big brand beers advertise how cold they are. they don't want you to actually taste them

but for most applications of hot sauce, probably not a real issue, and if you want to portion some out when you're going to use it and let it warm up to room temp, that would solve that problem

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    I still think Microsoft, Sony, EA or Activision need to cut Kojima a blank check to make a game called "Quiet Mountain" starring Darryl. I'd play it.

Certainly better than those fucking pachinko machines.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    moniker wrote: »

*faces shadow*

squirrels have evil shadow twins too

• Options

There's usually no reason to, and in most contexts I don't want it cold.

But other than that, I don't think so.

It mostly was just trippy to get the freeze-kick that it caused.

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    moniker wrote: »

*faces shadow*

That is the shape of my shadow

*faces shadow more intensely*

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    @elldren, @Abdhyius

So stories of soliders/sailors/pilots/et al coming up with novel ways to acquire booze are as you know one of the most common thing to find in military history. But I found something a little different.
    On March 13, 1943, the New York Times reported that American fliers stationed in Britain had discovered an ingenious way of making ice cream while on duty. A story titled “Flying Fortresses Double as Ice-Cream Freezers” disclosed that the airmen “place prepared ice-cream mixture in a large can and anchor it to the rear gunner’s compartment of a Flying Fortress. It is well shaken up and nicely frozen by flying over enemy territory at high altitudes.”

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    wait, you're not supposed to refrigerate hot sauce?

da fuck?

• Options
    fkdsjdlskjk

I hope I never again have to work in an environment without consistent patching windows

fuck everyone your shit can go down for a few hours month

instead of having me deal with these machines that haven't been patched in 5 goddamn years

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Do all the personas have the same sort of thing with bosses as P4 does - namely, people facing their shadows?

it's a thing in p4 mostly. p3 doesn't have it and iirc the earlier personas don't have it either

Orphane on
  • Options
    tyrannus wrote: »

da fuck?

You do not have to, at least.

• Options
    What marvel heroes character should I use my unlock on?

The one you like

Try a bunch before you decide

• Options

da fuck?

i don't think really it matters if you do or don't, except it might last longer if refrigerated

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    fkdsjdlskjk

I hope I never again have to work in an environment without consistent patching windows

fuck everyone your shit can go down for a few hours month

instead of having me deal with these machines that haven't been patched in 5 goddamn years

And we suddenly discover that Aioua is the President of Blizzard Entertainment.

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »

da fuck?

i don't think really it matters if you do or don't, except it might last longer if refrigerated

Yeah but it lasts so long anyway it's kinda whatever

• Options
  • Options

da fuck?

Yeah but it lasts so long anyway it's kinda whatever

true

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

You can unlock all of them using in game drops but a lot of it comes down to play style. Are you ranged? Melee? Someone who likes lots of buttons, or a few?

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    a
    sup peeps

Hummus. Chips. Soda. Apples.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    One thing that bothers me about Broken Age:

-the boy leads a sedentary life and eats literal mountains of ice cream

-the girl is part of a society that devotes itself entirely to the making and eating of delicious desserts

they should both be fat

Tim Schafer, this is an outrage, you've betrayed all of fatkind

Anyway though apart from that Broken Age is great and everyone should play it

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Orphane wrote: »
    Do all the personas have the same sort of thing with bosses as P4 does - namely, people facing their shadows?

it's a thing in p4 mostly. p3 doesn't have it and iirc the earlier personas don't have it either
    It's kind of their in P3 but as like a collective human race kind of thing

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Elendil wrote: »

well yeah but i assumed shivahn was talking about the personal struggle of facing your shadow

i could be wrong

Orphane on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »

You can unlock all of them using in game drops but a lot of it comes down to play style. Are you ranged? Melee? Someone who likes lots of buttons, or a few?

I would like ranged-melee hybrid more but I seem to be having a problem with clicking to move up to something to use a melee attack makes me stand and shoot when I don't want that.

Then when I want to stand and shoot I wind up kamikazee charging stuff.

If not for that, Hawkeye would be cool. Instead he's just sort of awful. I tried Cap first and got him to 10, and he was great, but then I heard people talking and I guess Cap is like the default character for people who are bad, and that made me feel bad.

I also tried Wanda and her powerset is a lot of fun, but it's way too much pink explosions for me, the only way to make it tolerable would probably be to pay for the Wiccan costume. But I'm not sure I want to commit to that character that much.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular

well yeah but i assumed shivahn was talking about the personal struggle of facing your shadow

i could be wrong
    Look I didn't go internet to not be needlessly pedantic

• Options

i could be wrong

Yeah

My big thing about P4 was that I enjoyed the concept of everyone both having their shadows and having to face them in order to master themselves. It was also particularly notable that two characters struggled with issues which are pretty near the kind of questioning queer people do - Kanji's fight, in particular, was heavy with that kind of symbolism. They fucked up Naoto in a few ways but there are several points where it's clear that at least someone in the writer's room asked "wait are we making Naoto trans or not," because the story waffles on that.

But more generally, characters and people and stories are interesting to me - it's part of why I loved Mass Effect so much. So the more broad collective human thing isn't really the same, unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.