Options

wtf my draft [chat] disappeared this is an outrage i want my money back

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    What marvel heroes character should I use my unlock on?

You can unlock all of them using in game drops but a lot of it comes down to play style. Are you ranged? Melee? Someone who likes lots of buttons, or a few?

I would like ranged-melee hybrid more but I seem to be having a problem with clicking to move up to something to use a melee attack makes me stand and shoot when I don't want that.

Then when I want to stand and shoot I wind up kamikazee charging stuff.

If not for that, Hawkeye would be cool. Instead he's just sort of awful. I tried Cap first and got him to 10, and he was great, but then I heard people talking and I guess Cap is like the default character for people who are bad, and that made me feel bad.

I also tried Wanda and her powerset is a lot of fun, but it's way too much pink explosions for me, the only way to make it tolerable would probably be to pay for the Wiccan costume. But I'm not sure I want to commit to that character that much.

Cap is pretty popular for a bunch of reasons. The first is that his rework went really well. He was an older character they brought up to current standards and it shows. He's a lot of fun to play with an interesting but not overly complicated rotation. And he's got some pretty good costumes.

Don't listen to "bad players play X". 90% of it is bullshit. There are lots of shitty players of all characters. Newer heroes, and heroes with recent reworks are flavor of the month and that often triggers some backlash.

Characters who do a ranged/melee hybrid tends be a little limited.

Cap
    Iron Man
    Black Widow
    Cable
    Ms. Marvel

Mr. Fantastic has a melee build that can feel pretty ranged because of the nature of his powers. His animations are great but listening to him requires a love of science and dad jokes.

Are the ones who come to mind.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Oh and Spiderman can do the ranged/melee hybrid role pretty well.

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    I want to go do things but nobody else is up for doing things

(doing things would involve drinking copiously so maybe this isn't so bad. I have had three drunken meltdowns of varying degree in the last month)

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    11947465_10153539306262243_4550523095119459085_n.jpg?oh=651fbcaf2fccea0bbeab27b4f5c5818b&oe=567A2EC8

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

(doing things would involve drinking copiously so maybe this isn't so bad. I have had three drunken meltdowns of varying degree in the last month)

Have you considered flying to DC instead of drinking

we have like, board games and cats and Quid I guess

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

if I had enough money to fly to DC i would drink and order a NUC and probably some other things

full disclosure I have been drinking anyway even absent DC flight money

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    the weird thing about persona 4 is that yosuke is homophobic as fuck

but on the other hand it also gives you several opportunities to troll him by hitting on him

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    already finished my coursera python course mini-project this week when it was just release midnight last night. if only i had been so motivate when my actual GPA was on the line.

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular

I am allergic to one of those things!

(sorry Quid)

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    8 out of 10 cats does countdown so works for me

British people being affectionately mean as fuck to each other AND puzzles

and also suzie dent and rachel riley

/fans self

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular

We have most of those things in PDX, too.

Plus you get to see things like a dude running across the street pulling a red wagon full of guitars behind him.

Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular

You can unlock all of them using in game drops but a lot of it comes down to play style. Are you ranged? Melee? Someone who likes lots of buttons, or a few?

I would like ranged-melee hybrid more but I seem to be having a problem with clicking to move up to something to use a melee attack makes me stand and shoot when I don't want that.

If not for that, Hawkeye would be cool. Instead he's just sort of awful. I tried Cap first and got him to 10, and he was great, but then I heard people talking and I guess Cap is like the default character for people who are bad, and that made me feel bad.

I also tried Wanda and her powerset is a lot of fun, but it's way too much pink explosions for me, the only way to make it tolerable would probably be to pay for the Wiccan costume. But I'm not sure I want to commit to that character that much.

Cap is pretty popular for a bunch of reasons. The first is that his rework went really well. He was an older character they brought up to current standards and it shows. He's a lot of fun to play with an interesting but not overly complicated rotation. And he's got some pretty good costumes.

Don't listen to "bad players play X". 90% of it is bullshit. There are lots of shitty players of all characters. Newer heroes, and heroes with recent reworks are flavor of the month and that often triggers some backlash.

Cap
    Iron Man
    Black Widow
    Cable
    Ms. Marvel

Mr. Fantastic has a melee build that can feel pretty ranged because of the nature of his powers. His animations are great but listening to him requires a love of science and dad jokes.

Oh, I also tried playing Sue but I didn't care for her for a specific, probably dumb reason. When she gets to running she does this little "lol I am Sue Storm" force field slide that doesn't actually go faster than she normally runs and makes her seem lazy. It annoyed me the first time I saw it and 5 levels later it hadn't stopped annoying me so I figured she wasn't for me, which is too bad because I like the character otherwise.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    already finished my coursera python course mini-project this week when it was just release midnight last night. if only i had been so motivate when my actual GPA was on the line.

I did this with the algorithm course

• Options
    MrAnthropy wrote: »

Plus you get to see things like a dude running across the street pulling a red wagon full of guitars behind him.

Ok but I think Ares likes me more than guitar wagons

I... hope

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    It's not breakfast time.

It's night.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    WHY WON'T VENTRILO FUCKING WORK FOR ME?

ARGH!

What is wrong with these settings?

ctp8w7xgc5b2.png

How the fuck do I use Ventrilo? Can someone explain to me in the way they'd explain to a particularly stupid child?

• Options
    MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular

I... hope

Hmmm.

Theres nothing like having to suddenly brake whilst driving down a busy street because some dude is hauling a guitar wagon across the street like he is being chased by some invisible monster.

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    4674c9a65fc16de019972798aa359aea.jpg

• Options

Cap
    Iron Man
    Black Widow
    Cable
    Ms. Marvel

Oh, I also tried playing Sue but I didn't care for her for a specific, probably dumb reason. When she gets to running she does this little "lol I am Sue Storm" force field slide that doesn't actually go faster than she normally runs and makes her seem lazy. It annoyed me the first time I saw it and 5 levels later it hadn't stopped annoying me so I figured she wasn't for me, which is too bad because I like the character otherwise.

At higher levels she gets a travel power disk which is actually faster then her walking. Every character gets a travel power at some point.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    whats the issue + make sure your input / output device actually correspond to what you are using

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

I... hope

Hmmm.

Theres nothing like having to suddenly brake whilst driving down a busy street because some dude is hauling a guitar wagon across the street like he is being chased by some invisible monster.

fuckin hipsters man

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i mean, supposedly, holding K should transmit my awful voice, right?

So why doesn't it do that?

• Options
    P10 wrote: »
    whats the issue + make sure your input / output device actually correspond to what you are using

The "test" actually seems to work.

in the sense that i can hear myself when i use the test setting.

• Options
    also make sure you are running it in administrator mode

• Options
    The issue is that when i hold the PTT key, the little speaker icon doesn't light up and no one can hear me.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular

make sure you run vent as admin or that won't work unless the vent window is selected.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    evilbob wrote: »

make sure you run vent as admin or that won't work unless the vent window is selected.

Nope, tried running as admin, no change.

Pressing "K" just plays that annoying little tone that means "you're pressing a key and that does nothing".

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    There's apparently a sort of funny bug related to Windows laptops and malfunctioning mobile internet dongles.

If a mobile internet dongle happens to shit itself bad enough, it'll make shutdown impossible because the USB port it occupies remains in a state windows apparently recognizes as "Powered On", and windows won't shut down with USB ports still powered on. If the dongle's shat itself, the port won't "Power Down" and windows won't shut down as a result, remaining at the "Shutting Down" screen indefinitely.

It sounds insane, but that's an explanation I've seen echoed enough times that I'm buying it.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    Are we all getting on vent to spite 21st what's going on

• Options

What's going on is that i'm a moron who can't operate a simple program.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular

It's the latest craze.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Does it work if you turn push to talk off?

• Options
    Neco wrote: »
    Does it work if you turn push to talk off?

nope.

• Options

Have you tried turning it off and then on again?

(I'm trying to remember - I swear I've seen a similar bug before)

• Options

Have you tried turning it off and then on again?

(I'm trying to remember - I swear I've seen a similar bug before)

i uninstalled it and reinstalled it and no change.

So yes.

• Options

If it's any consolation the one time I tried to use vent I muted my mic for a second and then was never able to get it to un-mute. Despite quitting and restarting, or rebooting my machine.

• Options
    i mean...

if my mic was not working, the little speaker icon next to my name would still light up, right?

• Options

If it's any consolation the one time I tried to use vent I muted my mic for a second and then was never able to get it to un-mute. Despite quitting and restarting, or rebooting my machine.

Probably what i did...

• Options
    mute microphone / binds checkbox? if you aren't getting the ptt .wav . . .

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    yeah after you check to see if you muted your mic, try switching to a different keybind

could be vent is hardcoded to use k for something else

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
This discussion has been closed.