BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    wandering wrote: »
    if there was a button that abolished all sports forever but also killed a million third world babies

I mean I'm not saying I would push it but

:(

f u your baseball team is actually winning

I'm also a Leafs, Raptors, and Bills fan tho

That is a lot of self-loathing.

You think the battle for the #1 pick is your ally, but you merely adopted this losing streak. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn’t see a winning season until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but super confusing!

Pfft, I saw my first Red Sox's game in 86. My grandfather died in November of that year. I get sports suffering.

Oof, yeah :( People forget sometimes that before Boston became The City of Champions, there was a long period where all of the major franchises were struggling

I've been pretty fortunate with my fandoms, really ... I mean, the Leafs aside - some of my earliest Blue Jays memories are phenomenal, I was a joint Bills / Packers fan in my younger years so at least Favre was fun to watch, and the Raptors have had flashes of brilliance.

And being a Canadian hockey fan can only be so rough, because worst case scenario you wait for the Olympics and like 80% of the time, you're gonna have fun.

"Canadian hockey fan" becomes so much easier if it's nationalistic fandom rather than for a specific team.

"Oh, the Blackhawks won this year? Chalk this up for another Canada win, since even though they're an American team they have literally twice as many Canadian players as American players."

:P I only grab onto that branch after all the Canadian teams are eliminated

But that one feels pretty hollow

The Blackhawks are still the worst

Come to think of it, how come you don't hear a lot of criticism about them a la the Redskins?

Redskins are a lot worse than Blackhawks.

Like, Black Hawk was an actual historical warrior. Plus they can make cheap jokes.

"Red skin" is generalizing the entire race, and isn't even super accurate. Native Americans don't actually have red skin!

I can totally imagine Blackhawks being the inevitable next battle, along with teams like the KC Chiefs, once the Redskins inevitably change their name.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    simonwolf wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Simon I am backing some random dude on patreon now

The guy who made this little game: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/153484/Cornerstone-RPG--Basic

You should throw Caitlynn a buck or two while you're at it, moneybags

Who what

weirdspaceships! she has a patreon and makes super weird LARP games that I wish I could participate in

That's the one

The one who completed our Apocalypse World set of three queer girls and desc.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    if there was a button that abolished all sports forever but also killed a million third world babies

You think the battle for the #1 pick is your ally, but you merely adopted this losing streak. I was born in it, moulded by it. I didn’t see a winning season until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but super confusing!

Pfft, I saw my first Red Sox's game in 86. My grandfather died in November of that year. I get sports suffering.

Oof, yeah :( People forget sometimes that before Boston became The City of Champions, there was a long period where all of the major franchises were struggling

I've been pretty fortunate with my fandoms, really ... I mean, the Leafs aside - some of my earliest Blue Jays memories are phenomenal, I was a joint Bills / Packers fan in my younger years so at least Favre was fun to watch, and the Raptors have had flashes of brilliance.

And being a Canadian hockey fan can only be so rough, because worst case scenario you wait for the Olympics and like 80% of the time, you're gonna have fun.

"Canadian hockey fan" becomes so much easier if it's nationalistic fandom rather than for a specific team.

"Oh, the Blackhawks won this year? Chalk this up for another Canada win, since even though they're an American team they have literally twice as many Canadian players as American players."

Come to think of it, how come you don't hear a lot of criticism about them a la the Redskins?

The Blackhawks organization actually reached out to various Native American groups including the Sauks who Black Hawk was a member of and have actually been responsive to the point where Native American groups feel they are respectful. Whereas Dan Synder just spews racist shit.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    chatters went to didneylan and nobody told me?

I am disappoint ...

But you don't live here anymore right

I thought

I've never lived in SoCal

so it's basically a two hour flight now instead of a one hour flight

O i c

Next time!

it's all good!

I'm not actually mad!

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    Does anyone want to adopt a sweet gray ex-garden kitten who needs a permanent home.
    Yes, but I am too overseas

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Why do I own so many RPGs and run 0 of them
    RPGdoku

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Oh that Caitlynn

PM me a Patreon link

and on that note g'night chat

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

Like, Black Hawk was an actual historical warrior. Plus they can make cheap jokes.

"Red skin" is generalizing the entire race, and isn't even super accurate. Native Americans don't actually have red skin!

I can totally imagine Blackhawks being the inevitable next battle, along with teams like the KC Chiefs, once the Redskins inevitably change their name.

Cleveland Indians need to go

Various teams with actual tribal names, I say ask the actual tribes

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Why do I own so many RPGs and run 0 of them

I need to get off my ass and get Night Witches and Night's Black Agents running.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

The Blackhawks organization actually reached out to various Native American groups including the Sauks who Black Hawk was a member of and have actually been responsive to the point where Native American groups feel they are respectful. Whereas Dan Synder just spews racist shit.

Didn't know that!

Again, not super informed about non-baseball, but that's surprising in a good way. I used to live in DC, rooted for the Redskins because local Subways would give free food the day after home game wins, but mostly all I really heard about them was pretty terrible shit stemming from the name battle.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular

i am a patriot
    i find them offensive
    ban the patriots
    also seahawks

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

i am a patriot
    i find them offensive
    ban the patriots
    also seahawks

Dude, "Patriot" is way less offensive than "Redskin"

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    someone linked a gif of an escalator accident on imgur and I'm never using an escalator again

override367 on
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I played some of the Japanese game that was localized as Tetris Attack

As much as I love Yoshi characters, America got ripped off. Also it's one of the most hilarious versions of the American MUST BE ANGRY PUT ANGRY EYEBROWS ON EVERYTHING" thing I've ever seen.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

Oh, very neat!

Although in defense of Dan Snyder, the Redskins did set up an organization to help support native communities

Including donating important winter clothes and items to a few tribes

You know, gloves, hats, mitts, blankets, those sorts of things

ಠ_ಠ

• Options
    Who had I become? Just another shark in a suit?

• Options
    I will admit I would be super amused by a hypothetical team like the "San Jose Euros" where the mascot is an exaggerated East coast middle class white person (ie me) who tries to dance at the halfshow songs but fails miserably because he has no rhythm and lol white people.

But also my race hasn't been subjected to hundreds of years of persecution, so...

• Options

Didn't know that!

Again, not super informed about non-baseball, but that's surprising in a good way. I used to live in DC, rooted for the Redskins because local Subways would give free food the day after home game wins, but mostly all I really heard about them was pretty terrible shit stemming from the name battle.

The Braves reached out to various groups and that lead to them dropping their mascot. The Chiefs aren't actually named after a Native American group but a mayor. They've been listening to criticism about some the fan behavior and seem to actually trying to make that better. Basically the two shitty holdouts are The Cleveland Indians and The Washington Redskins.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I miss when Square was doing weird game shit.

But I guess with game dev costing what it does its just not feasible anymore.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    @Neco where are you going /where were you?

At my friends house the night

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    ked i'll do it if you can somehow get it to the east coast

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    I don't think I've ever watched all of jerry Maguire

This beginning is great

You're so fired jerry

• Options
    Tom Cruise born with charisma of one thousand

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    I read articles of wrestling like the one eddy posted, but no matter how much I understand it academically, I am still incapable of connecting with pro wrestling on any emotional level. I wish it could be a guilty pleasure, but a prerequisite for that is pulling some pleasure from it, and I just get nothing.

It ended up on a TV we were watching at a bar recently and it's still just massively unentertaining.

• Options
    If you can get the kitten to the New York capital district, I will totally adopt.

Serious answer, PM me if you're actually interested and that wasn't a totally hypothetical comment.

• Options
    I don't think I've ever watched all of jerry Maguire

This beginning is great

You're so fired jerry

It has issues but I enjoyed it. His speech at the end isn't great writing but Tom Cruise sells the shit out of it.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    There are kittties here.

• Options
    If you can get the kitten to the New York capital district, I will totally adopt.

Serious answer, PM me if you're actually interested and that wasn't a totally hypothetical comment.

@kedinik

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I will admit I would be super amused by a hypothetical team like the "San Jose Euros" where the mascot is an exaggerated East coast middle class white person (ie me) who tries to dance at the halfshow songs but fails miserably because he has no rhythm and lol white people.

But also my race hasn't been subjected to hundreds of years of persecution, so...
    I think this would make for a good white person mascot:

YDWwVXc.jpg?1

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    i want a norwegian forest cat

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Hell, I am willing to take a trip. I don't know where you live, ked, but if it's somewhere I can go in a weekend from the Albany area I might be willing to go out. I enjoy travelling and wouldn't mind rescuing a kitten in the process.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Cats are very strange

• Options
    Tom Cruise born with charisma of one thousand

You have a career as long as he has and you'll have some stinkers. But he never seems to ever give less then 100% to a role. He never seems to phone it in.

• Options
    Jerry McGuire feels like a very nihilistic movie

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    man

motherfuckers don't know how to use "as well as"

ain't no "and"

motherfuckers

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    @Solomaxwell6 Not hypothetical, I think the kitten still needs a home. But I do need to check with my neighbor to make sure that's still the case. I'll get back to you and @Eddy.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Rene zellweiger before she surgeried her face up

• Options
    Hello tiny predator, please come into my home

What is this? You want to snuggle on my lap? It is of vital importance that all the things are knocked onto the ground? You feel my neck is the ideal place to lie while I sleep?

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Another night, another agonizing wait to find out if I got the house I bid on. Siiiiiiiiiigh.

Fuck houses. Burn them all down and let us live on the dirt as God intended!

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Ok I can't abide movies with commercial breaks. I feel I got the essence of Jerry's origins. I wish a few good men was on tho,

This discussion has been closed.