As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

• OpSteelOpSteel neighbor of the village pindiot Fort Worth TEXASRegistered User regular
    Badges acquired. And I will actually have pins to trade this year!

• JuicesirJuicesir The Boy with the D&D Tattoo Registered User regular
    See you guys in River City. ;)

• misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Oh man, to go to Texas or to not go to Texas... that's tempting.

• QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    misskass wrote: »

Said no one ever

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    misskass wrote: »

Do eeeeeeeeeeet!

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    You come to Australia Land first, Craig.

• Samurai_KittySamurai_Kitty PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I'm also very tempted. We already have plans to go to East and are planning on trying to tack AUS on to the end of our vacation in 2016. My wallet hates me right now.

• BrushwoodMuttBrushwoodMutt Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

I'd come to Australia if I had the money, but for now I shall settle for the South, the first PAX I went to ^ ^

Edit: How much would it cost to go to Australia?

BrushwoodMutt on
  • 00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

I went to Australia Fish. Your turn to come here!

I'd come to Australia if I had the money, but for now I shall settle for the South, the first PAX I went to ^ ^

Edit: How much would it cost to go to Australia?

Several thousand at the very least. Flights are 1500-2000 on the cheaper end(from the midwest). I got lucky and stayed with my pinpal for most of the two weeks I was there, but during the show the hotels I believe are around 200-250/night(same as US). Aus tends to be a bit more pricey in general, but the US dollar is doing well compared to theirs(sorry Aussie's :/) so you should make out decent on eating. I'd say if you were there JUST for Pax...3000 would get you there on a basic trip. If you went for several weeks and also stayed in a hotel for that time...along with PAX. For that I'd guess to try to have 4-5K on a minimum.

Of course if you are booking a whole vacation and then just doing PAX while there, you can book it through a travel site and save some of the expense. :)

00Fayt00 on
  • Samurai_KittySamurai_Kitty PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Alright peeps, joining you in South. My husband is as crazy as me. :P

• JuicesirJuicesir The Boy with the D&D Tattoo Registered User regular
    Alright peeps, joining you in South. My husband is as crazy as me. :P

PINS FOR THE PIN GOD!!!

• DemonsMasterDemonsMaster Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I had a really crazy fun time at my first pin trading event @ prime this year. Looking forward to more pin trade shenanigans @ my first south. Everyone I met was super kind and explained the rarity of certain pins to me incredibly well. I've never really felt more comfortable speaking to random strangers like that, even at the multiple pax's I have attended. Coming in a trading noob and coming out with a couple limited edition pin trades was really cool. Thanks to the community and I'm looking forward to my future trades @ south!

DemonsMaster on
    Pax Prime (West) '13, '14, '15, '16.
    Pax South '16
    Pax Prime 2015 Omeganaut