Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Personae

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited September 2015 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Personae

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here


Unknown User on

Posts

  • Options
    HonibogHonibog Registered User new member
    ...Aaand of course this comes up just hours after someone helped themselves to my personal information and ordered a bunch of stuff via my PayPal account.
    Well, out with the old, in with the new.
    I call dibs on Harald, the Norwegian oceanographer and whiskey aficionado.

  • Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    I really like how Gabe and Tycho were drawn in this strip. Sad Gabe/Spencer and Smug Tycho are excellent expressions.

    I had my identity stolen once, but the person who stole it was sadder than me. They only bought several hundred dollars worth of stuff from the Home Shopping Network. I hope they enjoyed their flameless candles.

  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    It will take some time to get used to saying Spencer and Tycho.

    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I think we're going to have to shorten it to Spence to keep a good flow when referring to both.

    I didn't realize crafting a new identity was a community job.

    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Soul SanctumSoul Sanctum Registered User regular
    Well what do you expect when you just leave your identity laying around.

  • Options
    rembrandtqeinsteinrembrandtqeinstein Registered User regular
    I've been reading this comic since day 1 and this is the highest level of "wit" that I can recall.

    Kudos to the architects!

  • Options
    ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I beat the hackers to the punch.
    No keyboard thief will take -my- lunch!
    I got myself a Pseudonym
    and post online as if I'm him.
    I pretend I'm a kangaroo
    and feel secure I've hid all clues
    from those who might bring my life shame.
    Too bad I've forgot my real name :/

    ziddersroofurry on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    i find this comic highly offensive

    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    LinktmLinktm Registered User regular
    Tycho shouldn't be making joke at Gabe's...... Exspence.

  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Classic Spencer.

  • Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    Love the smugness

    PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    WordLustWordLust Fort Wayne, INRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    It's okay, Spencer. Just leave your new identity in a really conspicuous place.

    *edit*

    You know what one of my favorite parts of PA is that doesn't get enough discussion or praise? Jerry's blog posts. I think I may start picking out my favorite lines from Jerry's posts from now on. Here's my choice for today:
    "I like games where you walk around and feel bad; it’s what I do the rest of the time, so I’m something of a gourmet."

    I love it.

    WordLust on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I beat the hackers to the punch.
    No keyboard thief will take -my- lunch!
    I got myself a Pseudonym
    and post online as if I'm him.
    I pretend I'm a kangaroo
    and feel secure I've hid all clues
    from those who might bring my life shame.
    Too bad I've forgot my real name :/
    Is that why you make references to your "paws" and whatnot? I just assumed you were a furry.

  • Options
    TaellosseTaellosse Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    The comic image appears to be broken/missing. I don't THINK it's just me, as I've tried to view it on multiple browsers and devices since last night, and older comics load just fine.

    *EDIT* There we go! All better now.

    Taellosse on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    WordLust wrote: »
    It's okay, Spencer. Just leave your new identity in a really conspicuous place.

    *edit*

    You know what one of my favorite parts of PA is that doesn't get enough discussion or praise? Jerry's blog posts. I think I may start picking out my favorite lines from Jerry's posts from now on. Here's my choice for today:
    "I like games where you walk around and feel bad; it’s what I do the rest of the time, so I’m something of a gourmet."

    I love it.

    They're just so hard to reach now. I used to sometimes read them, now I never do.

  • Options
    killerkylekillerkyle Registered User new member
    Hey dies gabe know about the new star wars movie

  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Spencer is very excited to add to his collection.
    cgcpm0hybxjg.jpg

  • Options
    WordLustWordLust Fort Wayne, INRegistered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    WordLust wrote: »
    It's okay, Spencer. Just leave your new identity in a really conspicuous place.

    *edit*

    You know what one of my favorite parts of PA is that doesn't get enough discussion or praise? Jerry's blog posts. I think I may start picking out my favorite lines from Jerry's posts from now on. Here's my choice for today:
    "I like games where you walk around and feel bad; it’s what I do the rest of the time, so I’m something of a gourmet."

    I love it.

    They're just so hard to reach now. I used to sometimes read them, now I never do.

    ???

    I don't know what you mean. They're right on the front page as soon as you hit the URL. Unless scrolling down an inch and clicking "read more" is a prohibitive obstacle to you. I wouldn't mind, of course, if they were top and center.

  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    WordLust wrote: »
    jothki wrote: »
    WordLust wrote: »
    It's okay, Spencer. Just leave your new identity in a really conspicuous place.

    *edit*

    You know what one of my favorite parts of PA is that doesn't get enough discussion or praise? Jerry's blog posts. I think I may start picking out my favorite lines from Jerry's posts from now on. Here's my choice for today:
    "I like games where you walk around and feel bad; it’s what I do the rest of the time, so I’m something of a gourmet."

    I love it.

    They're just so hard to reach now. I used to sometimes read them, now I never do.

    ???

    I don't know what you mean. They're right on the front page as soon as you hit the URL. Unless scrolling down an inch and clicking "read more" is a prohibitive obstacle to you. I wouldn't mind, of course, if they were top and center.

    Well yeah, that, or if you're one of the people who bookmarks the forums rather than the front page, you can click the Comic button, then click on the Txt button on the top left to go to it as well. You don't have to click read more, either.

    Dhalphir on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    It just occurred to me that Gabe could always fall back to his other identity.
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2005/10/19

    steam_sig.png
Sign In or Register to comment.