As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Winds of Magic launching the 13th of August!

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Yeah I like tanking as Bardin (Kruber didn't suit me as much) but I did enjoy dpsing it up as the Inquisitor and Waywatcher.

I'm sure I'll play them all but if I'm competing for Ironbreaker Bardin from all the Slayers (no hate, just possible reality) it might be nice to have another option. Though maybe Foot Knight Kruber will click this time around.

Karoz on
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Every career for a character now also comes with a special ability, so I could see that having an impact on which tank you prefer.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    i still hope that sienna gets a Lance staff. I liked shooting Vegeta gattling cannon shots and then powering up for a lance of death to kill the special rats (ratlings , assassins, catchers, etc.)
    The power consumption was minimal and I could redline much easier just shooting a fire pellet at some mob and interrupting its attack animation.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    New dev post bringing back an old friend and meeting a new friend:

social_media_troll_and_ogre-440x240.jpg

• Options
    And now for everyone's favorite human flamethrower:

c1elw64dnf4e.jpg

• Options
    single target dps, area dps, or melee firestorm. I can dig that!

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    I was never that good with her spells so giving me a melee firestorm can be a rad way for me to try her.

• Options
    Today's weather: DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!

sr30004kzew9.jpg

• Options
    Ratling Gunners were bad to deal with if you were caught in open. Warpfire throwers are downright mean and probably hell in CQC.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    Don't worry, ol' Salty is coming for you.

hjqi1i9dwatu.png

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Neat. One of these days I should try that method, basically sketching in 3D and then drawing/painting over top of it.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    This game looks really good. I'm glad I upgraded before it hit, otherwise I wouldn't have the funds to do so when the game released.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    One of the things that i hope gets fixed in V2 is kruber's charge that ive been seeing in videos. He's currently got this DBZ floaty dash that is just at odds with the weight of the action. Ill try and find the video im talking about.

Id much rather it be slower, and kruber just up and pushes everything out of his way, creating space for the team, and have it stop or be less effective on certain massive enemies.

They mentioned that there would be skill trees, and id like for a skill that he could dip into that would let him push heavier enemies.

Ive mentioned this in their dev forum.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    So this is a weird question but I've been playing on the PS4 and I keep getting this glitch where parts of the level won't load so I can't get anywhere or get trapped and then get left behind and slaughtered. Is this a known thing? Is there any kind of fix?

• Options
    Everyone's favorite almost normie is up next

3lmk7pvq0emx.png

• Options
    RiboflavinRiboflavin Registered User regular
    I loved playing Kruber in 1 with a massive 2-handed hammer. Now I'm torn between Knight and Merc. I prefer paper tiger style of play. Deal as much damage as possible and rely on positioning and skillful blocks to stay alive. In our Vermintide 1 games I've learned to use the Dwarf as a floating wall to keep me from being flanked. I wonder which class is built more for damage dishing.....

• Options
    Safe money is on Merc due to lighter armor.

But it may be Merc is better with groups while heavy knight is great for specials.

Regardless I'm loving all the flavors they're adding with the different classes.

• Options
    Whoops I missed a previous post.

9wfprn9sncga.png

Our favorite assholes.

0yi7xpku11jz.png

And some new assholes.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

The worst part about the loot system in Vermintide 1 was that if you lost a mission, you got nothing - regardless of whether you quit after a minute or wiped on the last encounter after playing for 30 minutes.

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Karoz wrote: »

The worst part about the loot system in Vermintide 1 was that if you lost a mission, you got nothing - regardless of whether you quit after a minute or wiped on the last encounter after playing for 30 minutes.

Hey, if you got far enough you sometimes got rocks.......worthless worthless rocks.

• Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    enjoy 8 green bits, on the house!

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    PC Gamer write up on the changes to gameplay and roles including super abilities.

c387542j0f1p.jpg

Didn't realize Jesper Kyd did the music which is awesome. So many missions that start with those unnerving strings.

• Options
    Its hard for my poor brain to totally understand the article. Do you get 1 power you have to activate and a set of passives to chose from or are there full blown skill trees? Or can anyone tell? I played alot of V1 but I'm pretty much over it. This game has me pumped again. Can't wait.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    My read:

There are 3 specializations for each character, and each character or spec (uncertain) has skill trees that focus in different directions. Each spec also comes with a passive ability that's always working, and a SUPER! active ability that you have to charge between uses.

• Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    They talked about Kerillian on stream last night. Her specs are:
    Guardian: focused on disruption and melee damage, she can leap, through enemies to get where she needs to go as a super.
    Slayer: focused on big critz. She can turn invisible and shoot at people or backstab for huge damage, or rez an ally as a super.
    Waywatcher: focused on ranged damage. She can shoot 3 trueflight arrows that will absolutely hit the target you want them to as a super.

All classes can equip all weapons, except the slayer gets an auto-crossbow as a unique ranged weapon.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    Speak of the devil and she shall appear.

2mh3hg75wguf.jpg

Also a closed technical beta started today, but the EULA keeps anyone from saying anything more than that.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Despite what is announced above, it appears that everyone that preordered on Steam should be in the closed beta right now.

It's listed as a separate entry in your games list, so check and see if it's there. It appears to be an 18.5gb download.

They ask that players not share images/videos/details about the game yet.

Lars on
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    Got a CD key in my Email yesterday, but I haven't tried the game out yet.

The graphics in the menu alone push my new computer. From what I've seen they are impressive.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    The game definitely taxes my laptop, even sometimes on low settings, which is a disappointment coming from the first game but also coming from other, better-looking games like Battlefield 1, which I'm playing a lot of right now.

The game is fun, though, and there are a lot of changes that I'm interested in digging into (that I won't specify here for fear of breaking the NDA). The game is fun, poorly optimized, a little rough around the edges (obviously being a beta), and hard. So, pretty much what you should expect if you were a fan of the first game.

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    Update went live this morning with a new mission for the main campaign in Vermintide. Pretty fun overall, worth checking out for at least an easy or normal run through if nothing else.

Plot wise makes it clear why we had a safe house and safe travel during the campaign, something hinted at but I don't remember ever being explicitly stated or shown before now. It'll be cool to see how the sequel runs with the end too, since they did a good job of the cinematic in the first game ending where the first mission began.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I'm kind of interested in how the story works, because technically the original game would end with the Chaos warriors sweeping down, because it is the actual end of the world.

Also, when you say new mission, do you mean like a new set of maps?

• Options
    ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I'm kind of interested in how the story works, because technically the original game would end with the Chaos warriors sweeping down, because it is the actual end of the world.

Also, when you say new mission, do you mean like a new set of maps?
    Yeah my guess about the first point is they got clearance to make it non end of the world since they dropped the end times subtitle for Vermintide 2. With chaos being an enemy it may even still be early enough in the end times scenario for it to work, I’ve been pretty lazy about keeping up with the news on the sequel if they confirmed the end times thing one way or the other.

I can never remember the proper names in the game for anything but by campaign I meant the group of launch maps, Ubersreik or something similar on the map. And by mission then the individual maps/levels within that overall campaign. There’s a new mission within that launch content, so it should be a free addition for everyone, with a name that matches the DLC looking graphic from the news section. Waylaid, Wayside, something like that.

Column on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    So it's an extra mission in Ubersreik.

Someday I will get another computer to play my games.

• Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    Played the new mission, wasn't too hard. Felt like a good wrap up for the game.

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    So not sure what we can and can't talk about regarding the VT2, but I got a key for the alpha and... it's... good? I can't really tell because the lag has been a killer in some of the games I've been in.

Loot changes are positive for sure.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    Is the March 8th release date for PC only?

Edit: Dang, it looks like it is. Poo... :(

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    So do pre-orders get into the beta tomorrow or not until the 28th?

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment