Options

IT'S TIME TO PLAY THE [WRESTLING] GAME

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Weeeeeeelll it's the Priest Show!

edit: As delightful a TOTP as that is, I better include the picture now.
    CQ9FerdWIAAw_7n.jpg

David_T on
    13iepvv6o8ip.png
  • Options
    NickleNickle Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    E: nevermind

Nickle on
    Xbox/PSN/NNID/Steam: NickleDL | 3DS: 0731-4750-6906
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Seth isn't Miz 2.0, he's got a much better wrestling arsenal.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Really the most frustrating thing is the potential the main roster has in being near the quality of NXT.

But corporate and TV overlords are a harsh beast.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    gonna peace out of this thread while you guys do your thing

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I knew it was a thing this thread didn't like talking about, so I tried to get it all out of the way in that one post

• Options
    I'll change topics; what the hell is Survivor Series going to be? Cena won't be there. Seth vs Kane is fine now but I don't want to see it drag on past HiaC. Who does Seth face? It's Taker's 25th anniversary but I don't see him there either. Maybe Brock does something?

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    does no one watch Seth Rollins matches

they are insanely good

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    The problem with Seth's reign is ever since Dean he's been paired with Brock who can never lose and with Cena who can also never lose.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I disagree that it's an issue that he loses, even loses a lot, even looks foolish a lot.

but even if you hate that

you can't hate his performance in these matches. and my specific complaint wasn't disliking this reign, I totally get that (although I personally like it quite a bit)... my issue was saying this reign is worse than hogan in 93 or hogan after the fingerpoke of doom which to me is ludicrous. surely in ring ability counts for something, being present counts for something.

edit - not sure what the topic is the thread doesn't like but my apologies if I brought us in a bad direction

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    you're fine variable

it's perfectly okay to talk about things you like!

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Variable wrote: »
    I disagree that it's an issue that he loses, even loses a lot, even looks foolish a lot.

you can't hate his performance in these matches. and my specific complaint wasn't disliking this reign, I totally get that (although I personally like it quite a bit)... my issue was saying this reign is worse than hogan in 93 or hogan after the fingerpoke of doom which to me is ludicrous. surely in ring ability counts for something, being present counts for something.

edit - not sure what the topic is the thread doesn't like but my apologies if I brought us in a bad direction

In-ring ability and quality certainly counts. But it's not the be-all end-all of the on-screen product, it's not totality. If you're only judging based on those two things, then it's understandable you and seemingly everyone else likes his reign.

His match quality is good, it's everything else (booking, ends of matches, promo quality, promo length, character direction which admittedly could fit under booking) I dislike a lot.

And you're fine, it's just ratings were brought up during this topic by someone and that particular subject has upset some

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »

If you watch a recent vgcw match, make it this one

Elise has never been pinned, never lost

She's an unstoppable character who only shows up for special events

This is Kofi versus Brock basically

• Options
    Also that Fio is super rad

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I am seriously considering an av change to fio

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Variable wrote: »

I don't even hate the guy, but I understand people don't care about watching his matches regardless of his ability when he either loses all the time or is in feuds he can't possibly win without outside aid. Or feuds where is going to win like when facing Sting and Kane, it's just a question of how that interference is going to come.

AlphaRomero on
  • Options
    NickleNickle Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Someone should tell the crowds to stop heating up for Seth at every show, since no one wants to see him.

Seth's booking lately is straight outta the Flair playbook circa his whole damn career. This is a dumb argument. The crowd sits on its hands for everything that isn't John Cena, New Day, or Seth Rollins. I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion that him, or his booking, are the problem.

Nickle on
    Xbox/PSN/NNID/Steam: NickleDL | 3DS: 0731-4750-6906
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    It's a Work! Episode 19: Editing is Hell (in a Cell) is now available for download.

For the record, after listening to this thing about twice to make sure it sounds ok, I'm still not sure how we launched into a 20 minute tangent on the Monday Night Wars and Mick Foley in the middle of talking about Rollins/Cena. It just happens.

Thanks to Stilts for being on the show, though!

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    also an important message from our President

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvbK6UcSgPc

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Even I can't remember what prompted me to ask you to explain Mick Foley to me.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Here's Olympic Hero Chad Gable suplexing a dude.

aptopix-london-olympics-wrestling-men.jpeg-1280x9601.jpg

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    "Is that a penny?"

13iepvv6o8ip.png
  • Options
    dude looks unimpressed

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Stop doing this. The reigns are the identical thing.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Hmm, you're right, I do remember that time Seth couldn't beat Jerry Lawler.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    To my knowledge, Seth has never beaten Jerry Lawler.

13iepvv6o8ip.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Stop doing this. The reigns are the identical thing.
    Nah

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    give Chad Gable the Kurt Angle gimmick

hell there name's even rhyme

• Options
    Why can't I buy a Ready Willing and Gable towel/shirt right now

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    They're trying to push Jason Jordon and Chad Gable as a heel/tweener tag team but they really should just lean into the fact that people love those dudes.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    Yeah after Takeover I don't think there's any chance of Gable and Jordan getting booed anytime soon

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    nxt is bad at heels

• Options
    kevin owens had to murder the world's most likeable man to even get them to think about booing him

• Options
    Dana, Bliss, and Corbin are both pretty good heels.

Sasha Banks managed to get plenty of heel heat despite being loved.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    Dana, Bliss, and Corbin are both pretty good heels.

Sasha Banks managed to get plenty of heel heat despite being loved.
    Only after making a child cry

Like NXT can do good heels, I think Alexa is the only one of those that gets the proper heel heat and not a ton of smarky THEY SUCK AND CANT WRESTLE shit, but the crowd is so goddamn aware of everything that to get any real boos you either have to be Wrestling Hitler or be shitty at wrestling for a while

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Well, Jordan and Gable were also facing Corbin and Rhyno and getting in altercations with the Mechanics. I don't know how much heel they're being positioned as.

13iepvv6o8ip.png
  • Options
    yeah, corbin and dana both have that weird "you don't belong here in our sacred wrestling shrine" heat that full sail likes to give

• Options
    Corbin really did suck for a while, he was still doing the same squashes he had been for a year and had that Trainwreck of a match with Dempsey

But he's improved and gotten a solid character and shouldn't get that specific kind of heat anymore

Same with Dana, really. I haaaaated her, but she's gotten to a fairly competent place skill wise and is amusing as Emma's muscle.

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.