As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Superheroes] starring Benedict Cumberbatch as the Green Ranger

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Nah I'm in favor of depowering Gamora and Drax

The MCU Guardians are scrappy underdogs who people underestimate

Having Drax be like his crazy basically Hulk powers and Gamora being an Immortal unstoppable killing machine would go against that whole thing

I'm fine with depowering both of them, but there's also a scaling thing for Gamora, at least for me.

She doesn't just feel less lethal (which is fine), but less comparatively lethal. Which matters more.

Yeah this.

But I do think they could be underdog impossible odds heroes and still be Avengers strength. Things should be so much bigger out there that a few powerhouses shouldn't amount to much anyway.
    I mean the first threat the Avengers fought was a rogue Asgardian possessing an Infinity Stone and an army of deadly aliens and their war machines

That sounds about on par with what the Guardians would butt heads with and I'd definitely want them to not be on par, sheer power wise, with the Avengers

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Yeah!

YEAH!

(Arrow)
    Fuck you, Lance! Fuck you! Yeah Oliver! Tell him the fuck off!

This has been a good week for satisfying rants against shitty characters on CW shows

That is my second favorite scene in Arrow, behind
    Slade showing up at Queen Manor

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    Yeah!

YEAH!

(Arrow)

This has been a good week for satisfying rants against shitty characters on CW shows

It was so satisfying watching a shitty character get theirs

Especially moments after complaining about Laurel

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    Yeah!

YEAH!

(Arrow)

It was so satisfying watching a shitty character get theirs

Especially moments after complaining about Laurel
    It's also pretty satisfying to watch Stephen Amell act righteously angry :winky:

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    Pffft Hahaha this lady cop in Arrow
    "We don't kill cops."
    "You killed two cops last night!"
    "Yeah, well, they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. We're not criminals."

YOU'RE STEALING DRUGS FROM DRUG DEALERS AND SELLING THEM TO OTHER DRUG DEALERS.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Yeah!

YEAH!

(Arrow)

Wha? Lance is one of the few characters who doesn't have a huge string of terrible decisions behind him.

He's done very few shitty things without good reason.

Even this shit with Darhk is something he's had very little control over.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Pffft Hahaha this lady cop in Arrow
    "We don't kill cops."
    "You killed two cops last night!"
    "Yeah, well, they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. We're not criminals."

YOU'RE STEALING DRUGS FROM DRUG DEALERS AND SELLING THEM TO OTHER DRUG DEALERS.

that sounds grossly inefficient

but I don't know the context, so...

• Options
    Canadian trailer for next week's Flash shows a surprise
    Doctor Light is Earth-2 Linda Park

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    This is the variant for Power Man And Iron Fist #1 and I love it so much.
    Power-Man-and-Iron-Fist-Greene-Variant-0b178.jpg
    Also David Walker's story of being offered the book is wonderful:.
    It's all absolutely surreal. We had been developing "Nighthawk" for awhile and there was a lot of energy going into the book, and then I got a call one day from Marvel and I was grocery shopping at the time. It was editor Jake Thomas calling and he said, "I want to talk to you about something." So my first instinct was, "Oh man they're firing me off 'Nighthawk!'" Jake then said, "There's a book we want to talk to you about and we want to know if you're interested in writing it."

The interesting thing there was that he asked me if I was interested in writing it, not if I was interested in pitching for it. In the world of comics there's a difference. When they ask you if you're interested in pitching it's a completely different thing. The book is not yours yet.
    So I said, "Writing? I'm not pitching for this book?" And he said, "No." Then I asked, "Okay what is it?" And you have to remember I was at a grocery store and I had my phone when Jake said, "Power Man & Iron Fist." So I was like, "Um... yeah. Hold on a second. I need to go sit down." [Laughs] So I left my grocery cart and they had a little coffee shop at this grocery store. I went over there and sat down.

I thought for sure I was getting punked in some capacity. I was like, "Okay, when you say Power Man do you mean Luke Cage?" And he was like, "Yeah." So I agreed, and it was weird. The whole time it was like, "I'm not really having this conversation." Then Jake went on and asked, "And what do you think about Sanford Greene drawing it?"

So all of this was dropped on me at the grocery store and the whole time I honestly thought this was Brian Bendis playing some sort of practical joke. He had hired somebody with a 212 area code to call me. Then the whole thing reverted me to about 10 years-old. That was the age I was when Power Man and Iron Fist first teamed up. If I remember correctly that happened in issue #50 of what had been Luke Cage's [solo] book. That's when the series became "Power Man & Iron Fist."

Seeing that book for the first time at about 10 years-old led to me thinking, "This is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I want to do this." A lot of other writers will talk about how they'd love to work on Spider-Man, X-Men or all these other things, but I was always the kid who was like, "These are the characters I want to work with." So I had a relationship with these two characters. Then suddenly I get a phone call at the grocery store.

For me it was like Santa Claus calling you up and going, "Okay, I'm going to bring you everything you want. You're just going to have to tell me everything right now. There's not going to be a second chance." So it's like, "Um... okay, I want Luke Cage and Danny Rand. And I want Sanford Greene to draw it." [Laughs] It was just weird, and there are days when it still doesn't seem real to me. It probably won't seem real until the first issue is on the stands, but it's getting more and more real, especially as the deadlines get closer.

He also confirmed Jessica Jones is the series' biggest supporting character, but Colleen Wing and Misty Knight will be appearing as well. The book is going to have a very playful, fun tone and focus on how the two of them have remained friends and brothers in arms despite the crazy things that have happened to both of them over the past decades since they've operated as a duo.

The best part, however, is that despite wearing the costume from the series, when asked if he would be carrying over plot lines or developments from Iron Fist: Living Weapon he basically politely said NOPE and said instead he is going to focus on their shared history and how grown up they are compared to when they started out.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Luke Cage is a way better superhero name than Power Man

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Luke Cage is a way better superhero name than Power Man
    He actually will kinda go by both? He uses Luke Cage but some old friends or people who knew him back in the day still call him Power Man even though Victor Alvarez is currently using the name.

The title is using it because it is a classic

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Flash
    Okay, is Jax a series regular? Because a normal dude who wants to be a hero is a really good addition to the team
    He's not a series regular for Flash, but he WILL be a series regular for Legends of Tomorrow if I remember correctly.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Joblo's latest rumor ooze says that the plot of the maybe-Affleck-directed solo Batman film will find Batman and Nightwing fighting Red Hood and Joker, in an amalgamation of "A Death in the Family" and "Under the Hood".

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I didn't even think about the possibility of multiple movies with Leto

fuck

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Leto will be beating a teenager to death with a crowbar in order to find the proper mindspace for his part

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Needs more speculation
    Ceno wrote: »
    Joblo's latest rumor ooze says that the plot of the maybe-Affleck-directed solo Batman film will find Batman and maybe Nightwing maybe fighting Red Hood and maybe Joker, in an amalgamation of maybe "A Death in the Family" and maybe "Under the Hood". Maybe.

There.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    That actually sounds like a potentially decent flick

I also have minimal problems with Leto Joker so far though, so I know I'm the exception

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Man, I'd rather just watch the cartoon Batman: Under the Red Hood film.

Which had one of my favorite new versions of the Joker, by John DiMaggio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qOdggdLPLM

I think he did a really good job!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Cast complete

Higher minority representation than the original show achieved

Happy chincy

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I also greatly appreciate that they didn't make the Yellow Ranger Asian and the Black Ranger Black this time.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I think Chincy is, too, as it lowers the chances of more embarrassing faux pas.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    So how transformer are the zords going to look?

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I also greatly appreciate that they didn't make the Yellow Ranger Asian and the Black Ranger Black this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBSrP7ub6VA

• Options

Yeah

We talked about this on the show but the original casting made it look like they were going to 'fix' that by having everyone be white

I'd rather they have left it than changed it if that was their fix

moving them around and adding more representation as well is awesome

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I don't think I'll have enough time to put up a new thread when this one gets closed, so someone else is free to go nuts!

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    that's the first thing in a while that's actually made me a bit interested in Gotham

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Good casting

Shame about the show

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Ill throw this in here as well

So apparently Power Rangers Season 24 will air on Netflix in 2017

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    Ill throw this in here as well

So apparently Power Rangers Season 24 will air on Netflix in 2017

Betgirl just tweeted me this

I am very conflicted but excited about being able to binge a new season

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    24 seasons.. I remember watching the OG cast after school.

Time Time Time.. see what's become of me...

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options

I counted how many NA seasons I would have to watch to catch up. Once I got to ten I stopped counting.

• Options
    joshgotro wrote: »

I counted how many NA seasons I would have to watch to catch up. Once I got to ten I stopped counting.

Keep in mind its like final fantasy

they don't connect

also you could just ask me what the good ones are

• Options
    joshgotro wrote: »

Keep in mind its like final fantasy

they don't connect

also you could just ask me what the good ones are

Oh I made it to Dino Thunder [whichever one Tommy shows back up in]. I actually like the idea of new cast/theme every season.

• Options
    AzraithAzraith DON'T Registered User regular
    Hadn't seen this posted yet

https://youtu.be/rf9hC6hfIWc

kgefLUA.png
    Steam Live: Azraith PSN: AzraithDeMitri
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Regarding the Vision rumor from yesterday.
    I doubt it solely because I would like to believe Marvel Studoos has the good sense to not kill off one of the only two female Avengers (Currantly)

• Options
    Quick followup to the power rangers casting for people not in the podcast thread

It has been confirmed that it IS a reboot

Meaning characters are changing races

Which... Y'know what? Cool.

My current only concern is Trini. Please do not cast a Hispanic woman as Asian. Give another reason for the name or dont address it. The asian/hispanic thing in Hollywood is the worst.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Quick followup to the power rangers casting for people not in the podcast thread

My current only concern is Trini. Please do not cast a Hispanic woman as Asian. Give another reason for the name or dont address it. The asian/hispanic thing in Hollywood is the worst.

Cool. When did they confirm that?

Edit: Oh okay, a tweet. I'm also reading that this thing only has a $35 million budget? That seems super low.

Ceno on
  • Options

What are the names? I googled but all I could find was a Collider article from two days ago that lists the pink ranger as having an Indian name (which seems okay - Naomi Scott's mother is Indian). If anything the Collider article has the opposite problem, Ludi Lin's black ranger with a hispanic name.

This discussion has been closed.