Options

[Superheroes] starring Benedict Cumberbatch as the Green Ranger

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Wait you watch it several times a month?

Dang, dude

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Yeah I don't think I could watch any movie several times a month for many months

• Options
    I did when I worked at a video store because it was mostly just background noise and anything was better than the same trailer reel that we had to run for half the day

But like actually sitting down and watching a movie that much? Naaaah

Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course, I just never could

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    The problem with Gamira from a comics reader is that she could be a larger threat than the rest of the team combined. She's supposed to ne the most dangerous women in tue galaxy amd have a body count that could start making a mountain.

In the movie she's weaker than Groot, gets done in by mooks, and doesn't make good tactial decisions.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Wait you watch it several times a month?

Dang, dude

It's in the rotation (with Fury Road, Big Trouble in Little China, the Nolan Batman films, Ken Burns documentaries, and most of the MCU) of things I watch on one screen while working in Maya or on school projects on the other. Although lately I've been rewatching Fury Road almost constantly because it's an awesome movie and the cinematic style is fuckin amazing.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Damn phone auto correct.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i am relatively sure i liked guardians when i first saw it, but every time i tried to rewatch it, i don't think i've made it past the prison break

i just stop caring

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Gamora is the Jacob to Peter's Shepard.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Yeah, the only Guardian who shouldn't be scared shitless of Gamora is Drax, and that's only because Drax is too stubborn to know when he's outclassed.

Deadliest woman in the universe used to mean something.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i don't understand how people can rewatch movies that often. Robocop is probably my favourite movie and i watch it maybe once every few years.

• Options
    Yeah, I used to rewatch the phase 1 MCU films pretty regularly, but I had to quit because I was getting increasingly unable to pay full attention. (I fell asleep during First Avenger!)

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    there are certain movies i watch annually, but i also average about 500-600 movies a year so it's not like i'm repeating things

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I'll put movies I've seen a bunch on as background noise

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I don't think I've ever put a movie or TV show or anything on as background noise

If I'm not gonna pay attention why bother

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Yeah, the only Guardian who shouldn't be scared shitless of Gamora is Drax, and that's only because Drax is too stubborn to know when he's outclassed.

Rocket seems like he'd at least fake bravado even then, but, well... he acts stupider than he is a lot of the time. He'd know how screwed he really was.

The thing that really drove it home for me was reading the Abnett novel right after seeing the movie.

In the film, she seemed... about on Black Widow or maybe Cap's level in a fight. Competent, dangerous, able to take on a room full of special forces with a barstool, but not anything past standard action movie.

In the novel, I got the impression that, if she wanted, Gamora could leave more or less anyone she met in a pile of their own viscera with the same effort as most people use to floss.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever put a movie or TV show or anything on as background noise

If I'm not gonna pay attention why bother

It's mentally soothing. Repetitive tasks, music or movies you've seen before seem to be especially good for creative work.

• Options
    I'm so happy this thread is almost over. Every time I read the title, the Weebl song "Dirty Girls Love Benedict Cumberbatch" pops into my head.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Watching this week's Flash
    Holy shit, Iris

I kind of love her takedown of Francine

• Options
    Iris is by far the best character turn around I've seen in a while

She is just so much better

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Flash
    Man

It says something about how good Season 1 was that seeing Harrison Wells again has me legitimately spooked

• Options
    Also (Flash)
    Jax (it is Jax, right?) is kind of great

I love that his reaction to the offer is "What? No! That's crazy!" and walking out

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

heck, Drax should have been much more powerful than he was in the movie too

him not being able to put up any kind of fight against Ronan was incredibly disappointing

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

She's definitely up there. I'll want a few more episodes to make sure it sticks, but she's right there with Ward and Skye Daisy on Agents of SHIELD.

I mean, none of them get my gold medal for "Most Improved", but it's pretty up there.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular

The whole "We can't tell Iris" pigeonholed her through the entire season.

It was incredibly annoying how forced the whole thing was, and it was the single worst part about the entire show.

I'm glad that they seem to have at least learned from that error, and now Jim is actually be up front about shit instead of just endlessly keeping stuff from people.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Nah I'm in favor of depowering Gamora and Drax

The MCU Guardians are scrappy underdogs who people underestimate

Having Drax be like his crazy basically Hulk powers and Gamora being an Immortal unstoppable killing machine would go against that whole thing

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    you could still have them be underdogs and let Drax get in a few good hits against Ronan

he got punked out hard there

• Options

Having Drax be like his crazy basically Hulk powers and Gamora being an Immortal unstoppable killing machine would go against that whole thing

I'm fine with depowering both of them, but there's also a scaling thing for Gamora, at least for me.

She doesn't just feel less lethal (which is fine), but less comparatively lethal. Which matters more.

• Options
    Flash
    Okay, is Jax a series regular? Because a normal dude who wants to be a hero is a really good addition to the team

• Options
    you could still have them be underdogs and let Drax get in a few good hits against Ronan

he got punked out hard there
    That was necessary for his character arc though

He was so focused on his fantasy of killing Ronan that he risked everyone else's lives

If he got a few good shots in and actually hurt Ronan he would go SEE I CAN DO THIS I'M GONNA TRY AGAIN but since he got totally wrecked and had to be saved from drowning by Groot he realized how stupid he was being and that he can't achieve his goals alone.

Gotta hit rock bottom before you start climbing back up

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    The preview for Marvel's Contest Of Champions #2 is up and it answers a question about one of it's participants.
    It looks like this Ares is the 616 Ares as the goons grabbing people for the Contest actually bust into the afterlife to kidnap Ares away with his kid watching it go down.

• Options
    The Vision #1 Preview
    VISION2015001-int-LR2-2-73868.jpg
    VISION2015001-int-LR2-3-a2480.jpg
    VISION2015001-int-LR2-4-4dd1a.jpg

Also the page one synopsis confirms that Vision didn't purge all of his emotions, he purged all of the emotions died to his past memories, in order to keep his mind processing smoothly, instead keeping them as dry simple facts.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Okay now I'm watching Arrow
    "Why aren't we telling Oliver"
    "Because I don't want Oliver's judgement"

Maybe if you're worried about Oliver's judgement, it's because you did something wrong

Captain Lance is also being the worst!

"I hope you get elected so you get shot" is so shitty I'd think Laurel said it

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »
    The preview for Marvel's Contest Of Champions #2 is up and it answers a question about one of it's participants.
    It looks like this Ares is the 616 Ares as the goons grabbing people for the Contest actually bust into the afterlife to kidnap Ares away with his kid watching it go down.
    Big mistake; I would not want to be whichever side pulled him out of the afterlife with his son.

• Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Maybe if you're worried about Oliver's judgement, it's because you did something wrong
    It's Laurel.

That's practically all she does.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Goatmon wrote: »
    It's Laurel.

That's practically all she does.
    The worst part is, she's never called in it! Characters will say things to her, but the show never gives her any shit for it

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

I'm fine with depowering both of them, but there's also a scaling thing for Gamora, at least for me.

She doesn't just feel less lethal (which is fine), but less comparatively lethal. Which matters more.

Yeah this.

But I do think they could be underdog impossible odds heroes and still be Avengers strength. Things should be so much bigger out there that a few powerhouses shouldn't amount to much anyway.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah!

YEAH!

(Arrow)
    Fuck you, Lance! Fuck you! Yeah Oliver! Tell him the fuck off!

This has been a good week for satisfying rants against shitty characters on CW shows

• Options
    Deadpool #1 spoilers
    Looks like White Fox is showing up here.

This discussion has been closed.