Options

[Uncharted!] You used to Chloe on my cell phone

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I really loved the combat in this game and I'm kind of surprised people still aren't feeling it

It's so dynamic and so much fun to swoop around and punch people out and take their guns and etc etc, it's really a blast

I know it's subjective I'm just surprised given how much fun I had with it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Keith wrote: »
    If you turn the difficulty in adventurer (or whatever the lowest is called) it'll show treasures that are near you

I played explorer my first time and this wasn't the case?

Must be for replays, then. I did it on chapter 4 and it pointed out the treasures nearby. I mean, it wasn't like "THERE'S A TREASURE OVER HERE", it was more like the usual "interactive object" pop up when you get relatively close

• Options
    Absurdity MatrixAbsurdity Matrix Tumbledown Glory On the OutskirtsRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I did Explorer on 3 and it turned off trophies
    Don't know if that's the same for 4

I started my speed run yesterday on Explorer with auto-aim turned on. So far, I've earned three trophies. Thank you, Naughty Dog.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    UC2 down!

EVEN BETTER.

I'll start 3 later this week!

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I finished this today. What a great game!
    My main complaint as I played was how shitty Nathan was being towards Elena, but that got addressed later on thankfully.
    Also that Giant Bomb techrospective on the series was fantastic.

nicopernicus on
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    On the end right now
    This is why I don't play Souls games :(

Edit- aaand credits. Awesome.

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    On the end right now

I don't think I understand your spoiler

Also I just got my Platinum on this finally

The multiplayer in this game is so bad, holy shit

Luckily I only had to play like maybe ten matches total

• Options
    Noggin wrote: »
    On the end right now

I don't think I understand your spoiler

Also I just got my Platinum on this finally

The multiplayer in this game is so bad, holy shit

Luckily I only had to play like maybe ten matches total

Grats on your Platinum!

By my spoiler I just meant
    Rafe kept killing me over and over because I suck at reacting to animations.

I do just fine with something like Shadow of Mordor, but here (and when I tried Demon's Souls) I have a bad habit of hitting the wrong button or missing the reaction window.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Aaaaand I've finished the series!

UC4 was basically perfect in every way. Gorgeous, a good balance of shooting and platforming, incredible character moments, tons of unexpected touches, and an ending that completes the story perfectly but leaves the best possible opening to keep the franchise going. I cannot wait to see what naughty dog has waiting for us next because between the last of us and this they're basically the best in the business at delivering satisfying stories.

rhylith on
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I haven't read through the thread, since I'm playing through this

But holy shit you guys

UNCHARTED 4 IS REAL GOOD

• Options
    If I wanted to explain the context of this reaction it would be a spoiler, but I have a feeling I won't need to

GODDAMMIT, NATE

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZjx5ao7alw
    Hey, you're pretty okay with a new Uncharted thing about Chloe and Nadine teaming up, right?

You're getting that!

And while we're here in a thread about a Naughty Dog game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Wnvvj33Wo
    They're making a sequel to the one before this one

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    well, that's a very unusual direction to take a sequel to uncharted: the nathan drake collection

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Finished Uncharted 1 back in the fall, really liked it (The Jet-ski section is not that bad, guys!), and I just started UC2, and I'm wondering if it gets harder after the first major combat area?

Normal on UC1 felt like a well balanced challenge, and this has been noticeably less intense so far. I tried it on hard, which is a step in the right direction, but maybe not as conducive to fun Uncharted stuff, aka running around from spot to spot punching and hip firing, which was actually useful in the last game. Does it pick up?

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Uncharted 1 is definitely the hardest game in the series, but 2 definitely has some hard parts once you get up into the mountains. I can't remember much about 3 on that front though, and 4 is mostly very easy with some medium-difficult gunfights and one hard one near the end.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I still need to go back and Plat 2 and 3 since I've done 1 and 4

Crushing on 1 was a mostly satisfying experience, except for The One Room

I never even tried Crushing on 2 because I just was never a big fan of 2 but I wonder if I may enjoy it more that way

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Thanks @SimBen, I've read a lot of conflicting opinions on the series difficulty, that's a good rundown. I liked that UC1 rewarded you for staying on the move, using melee, etc. It'd be nice to find that balance again.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    No, the jetski part really is that bad.

• Options
    Actually the jet ski part rules

• Options
    Thanks for bringing this thread title up again and reminding me how I'm very funny

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Thanks for bringing this thread title up again and reminding me how I'm very funny

Even the sun shines on a dog's ass some days.

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    They really should have had a jet-ski racing game between Uncharted 3 and 4.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    2017_2D00_04_2D00_cover_2D00_front_2D00_610.jpg
    For nearly a decade now, we’ve experienced high stakes, adrenaline-fueled adventures from Nathan Drake’s perspective. With his story wrapped up, Naughty Dog is focusing on a fresh thief in a new standalone expansion out this year: Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. Stepping out of the shadows and into her own adventure is fan-favorite Chloe Frazer. The Lost Legacy delves into Chloe’s backstory and heritage, sending her to the mountains of India, all in the name of the highly valuable Tusk of Ganesh. The treasure could give her the fame and recognition she’s been seeking.

However, Chloe can’t do it alone. She must make an unlikely alliance with Nadine Ross, the Drake brothers’ adversary from Uncharted 4. Chloe and Nadine are both independent self-preservationists, making their coalition challenging. Can the two put their differences aside long enough to come out on top? Together they scale statues, visit temples, drive through gunfire, and get up close and personal with a dangerous villain also after their mark.

They're going to fill out Chloe's backstory in this, revealing that she's part Indian, and is returning to the country for the first time in years and years

Her dad was an archaeologist, and this game is about looking for the Tusk of Ganesh, a story her dad would always tell her

The game will also follow the history of Hinduism, the stories of the Hindu gods, and the history of India, rather than one specific historical figure

They do not plan on releasing any further Uncharted products after this one

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Maaaaaaan I want the game teased at the end of Uncharted 4

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »

I'm not sure what you're alluding to here

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    That seems like a weird one to end it on. A stand-alone not-quite-full-length(?) game featuring a side character from 2 and 3 and a villain from 4 and that's your last one of these ever?

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options

i want a game starring Drake's daughter and getting caught up in his world based on the epilogue in UC4.

But that article says they're done with uncharted for good after this next game.

• Options

i want a game starring Drake's daughter and getting caught up in his world based on the epilogue in UC4.

But that article says they're done with uncharted for good after this next game.
    The Game Informer cover story says they considered that, but they want to leave the Drake family out of the dangerous adventuring business for good

They'll tell her the stories, but I highly doubt that girl wants to pick up a gun and go out for some shit

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017

The Game Informer cover story says they considered that, but they want to leave the Drake family out of the dangerous adventuring business for good

They'll tell her the stories, but I highly doubt that girl wants to pick up a gun and go out for some shit
    That doesn't mean I don't want that game! I'm expressing disappointment here, not misunderstanding the article!

rhylith on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    That seems like a weird one to end it on. A stand-alone not-quite-full-length(?) game featuring a side character from 2 and 3 and a villain from 4 and that's your last one of these ever?

I think it started as DLC and expanded in scope.

• Options

I think I'm with them on this one

I'd be kind of bummed for the Drakes if Cassie started putting her life in jeaprody for treasure

• Options
    edited April 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6IOOWnOXlw

Preorders get a free copy of Jak & Daxter coming to PS4 around the same time

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I wish Jak and Daxter was getting a remake like Ratchet and Clank did, but I'll still replay the first one. I loved it

• Options
    Hm ya, that's kind of tempting, the first Jak and Daxter was pretty good

But I dunno, that's the same day as Shadow of War, and a week after Agents of Mayhem if that ends up being good

Not as bad as March, but August is getting pretty busy already

• Options
    I already get it because of the season pass, so no free Jak and Daxter for me

That's fine, I'll pick up all three separately anyways

• Options
    I should try out the second two Jak games again. I tried II right after I finished the first one and it was such a departure that I didn't like it

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I already get it because of the season pass, so no free Jak and Daxter for me

This is included in the UC4 Season Pass? Is that because it was supposed to be DLC?

I can't remember if I actually purchased the pass or not, but I think I did.

• Options

Hey there's a new one of these games out next week

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Nice thread title change