Options

[Lego] Overwatch sets incoming!

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Okay. I ordered light kits from brickloot for my GB firehouse and Ecto-1. Will report back when I get them.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I see the light kits but I really debate about making the cinema a real movie theater as it's far too small to be one even if they are trying to get that pre 50's look of it

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    If you want Vader's volcano fortress it's today's special on amazon for 89.99

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I mean I don't want to buy it

But I feel like I will.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    If you want Vader's volcano fortress it's today's special on amazon for 89.99

I couldn't resist the pull to the Dark Side.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Hopefully they don’t run out of stock before I find someone to buy it for Christmas for me.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    They made a Lego Movie 2 holiday short:

https://youtu.be/vG3vt1ubcDg

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Hey guys. Those lights already arrived.

pg9lyigixcbz.jpg

You can't tell here but the street light cycles through normal operations and the lights on Ecto flash.

It was very easy to install. I ended up only needing to remove/replace ten pieces in total on the firehouse and six of those were unneeded single studs in the ceiling light fixtures.

I need to get some usb power strips and such to get them plugged in in a more permanent place.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Now you need the siren for the Ecto-1.

• Options
    Now you need the siren for the Ecto-1.

Oh. I have one of those.

• Options
    Wait they make a siren for Ecto-1????

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

I mean I have a little speaker and a method or playing through it.

• Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

I mean I have a little speaker and a method or playing through it.

Ah ok. I thought someone made a kit for it with the sound effects from the movie.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I mean I don't want to buy it

But I feel like I will.

I did...

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018

You can't tell here but the street light cycles through normal operations and the lights on Ecto flash.

It was very easy to install. I ended up only needing to remove/replace ten pieces in total on the firehouse and six of those were unneeded single studs in the ceiling light fixtures.

I need to get some usb power strips and such to get them plugged in in a more permanent place.

Where did you buy the kits from?

I'm seeing "Lightailing" advertising on Facebook, and that Millenium Falcon kit they have listed for $30 is awfully tempting. If it's the same folks, it might further incline me to pull the trigger.

Also, that light set for the Ship in a Bottle looks incredible. But I'd also need to get the ship in a bottle. Which, y'know, isn't a dealbreaker.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    You can find lighting kits on Amazon. Some third party sells them on there, search for “Lego lighting kit” and you should see a bunch of kits. Most of the ads even show them installed.

• Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »

Where did you buy the kits from?

I'm seeing "Lightailing" advertising on Facebook, and that Millenium Falcon kit they have listed for $30 is awfully tempting. If it's the same folks, it might further incline me to pull the trigger.

Also, that light set for the Ship in a Bottle looks incredible. But I'd also need to get the ship in a bottle. Which, y'know, isn't a dealbreaker.

A light kit for the Ship in a Bottle you say? I picked that set up for myself when it was on sale a month or so back while I was picking up a number of other sets for the wife (who's a much bigger Lego nerd than me). That set is awesome. I was super pleased with it, the detail on it is great. The ship attaches to the bottle for stability, but then the bottle is separate from the stand so you can pick it up to look at, and it came with something like 200 of the clear blue single stud pieces that simulate movable water.

On a different note, anyone hear when the Lego Movie 2 sets are coming? I really want to pick up the Mad Maxian Unikitty for my wife.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    The light kits came from brickloot. They have a lot of them and they are designed to blend pretty seamlessly into the sets.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Thanks to better-than-expected finances and an understanding wife, I'll be able to pick up the Ultimate Batmobile from The Lego Batman Movie.

Since I only buy a set every couple years or so, are there any strategies for sales around the holidays? Or should I just order that sucker now?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    If it is in stock order now because it might not be available later.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Also, if you order it from the Lego website you will probably qualify for a free gift.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Marathon wrote: »
    Also, if you order it from the Lego website you will probably qualify for a free gift.

And if you're a Lego VIP member, you'll probably get a couple bucks off your next purchase.

Edit: Being a Lego VIP member is free. If you haven't done that, you should do that before you make a big Lego buy.

see317 on
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I have the Overwatch sets preordered. I’m having a difficult time canceling the preorder. Like, just an internal struggle with myself to not get them all at once.

• Options
    I have the Overwatch sets preordered. I’m having a difficult time canceling the preorder. Like, just an internal struggle with myself to not get them all at once.

I'll probably get them and I'm not even a big overwatch fan. They look fun.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Pg21Ztp.jpg
    https://www.amazon.ca/LEGO®-MINDSTORMS®-31313-Robot-Kids/dp/B00CWER3XY

Lowest price i've ever seen on the Mindstorms EV3 at Amazon.ca

• Options
    Some early reviews of the Overwatch D.Va and Reinhardt set are out.
    https://www.brothers-brick.com/2018/12/13/lego-overwatch-75953-d-va-and-reinhardt-review/#more-125464

A lot of stickers, but surprisingly quality builds considering the low part count.

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    My Brick Bank status has updated form Backordered to Warehouse!! I was a little worried the ordered would be canceled.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    You can find lighting kits on Amazon. Some third party sells them on there, search for “Lego lighting kit” and you should see a bunch of kits. Most of the ads even show them installed.

Maybe on Amazon.com. Amazon.ca doesn't seem to have shit for Lego light kits, at least from my cursory search. A couple show up, but it's like 3 or 4 times the price I'm seeing online.

The site I'm looking at has some fairly steep sales going right now. They claim to be ending shortly, but I suspect that's just a high pressure tactic.

Part of me wants to get the Falcon kit (which I own already), and the ship in a bottle kit, then order the ship in a bottle from the Lego store, which would get me the reindeer ornament as well.

It would also be like $200 between them. And I don't even have somewhere to put that gorgeous ship in a bottle on display, let alone adding another $30 Canadian or so to the price to light it up as well.

Anyway, this is the site I'm looking at. Fake edit: and ended up deciding to pull the trigger on that Millenium Falcon lighting kit. The slow boat shipping option was free, so let's see how it turns out and I'll report back in January (hopefully), once I have it in and installed.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Oh good, I was able to convince myself to only get Reinhardt, D.Va, and Bastion sets. That makes it so I’m covering the cost with mostly amazon fun bucks.

The other sets don’t look too great anyways and I’m not interested in non-Lucio/Zen mini figures.

So yay for me having restraint!

• Options
    Bastion set reviewed:
    https://www.brothers-brick.com/2018/12/17/lego-overwatch-75974-bastion-review/

That's the normal set, not the limited edition Blizzard one.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Do they usually have a post christmas sale/VIP points event? I meant to pick up the fire station in leu of missing out on the bank.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    I don't like the bastion one because of how out of scale it is to the others.

• Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Welcome to Apocalypseburg!
    1t5hvlv8yath.jpg

oh h*ck
  • Options
    All my money will be gone.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I still kinda sorta regret passing on Metalbeard's ship whose name escapes me, as it is literally the last Lego Movie kit I didn't get. Then again, I'm buying a lot less lego than I did back then. I'll see about reviews before I go for it. :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    I wonder how long until someone takes that set and come out with a fixed statue.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I wonder how long until someone takes that set and come out with a fixed statue.

I kinda want a build of the statue where her head is reshaped to a proper minifig head , can still be green, but why would Lego Universe's Statue have a human head!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I want it, but I also still want the Ninjago city stuff.

I'm so far behind...

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Lego should help me win the Lottery, because really, if I win the Lottery, Lego gets it anyway

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

I kinda want a build of the statue where her head is reshaped to a proper minifig head , can still be green, but why would Lego Universe's Statue have a human head!

Because Finn and his dad made it?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
This discussion has been closed.