As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fashion] Turn to the left! [Fashion] Turn to the right!

HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq.Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
edited January 2016 in Social Entropy++
Striped-bodysuit-f_2328314a.jpg

The Fashion thread is dead! LONG LIVE THE FASHION THREAD!

Use this thread to post ye fashions, be it hair, makeup, clothes, shoes (with hairband included in shot), or favorite David Bowie songs.

FASHION

Hacksaw on

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Excellent OP. Couldn't have made a better one myself (and there's like a fifty fifty on me making the exact same one).

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Come on... vogue! Let your body move to the music... vogue hey hey hey!

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    This fashion thread has such a fashionable tag!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    HELLO YOUTHS!
    My new job took me from the outdoor industry to financial, so I've decided to step up my game and wear some fancier shit. I discovered Robert Graham shirts while I was on vacation and am in love.
    g22bi7ncwg04.jpg
    I mean look at these cuffs!
    34e686tvyxqb.jpg
    But I really don't know what to wear with them. Can you do a blazer with a sport shirt? Are wingtips old dude shoes?

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Are... are you a warlock?

• Options
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Are... are you a warlock?
    Nah, I still have to memorize my spells every morning just like the rest of us.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Christ?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Wingtips are totally good shoes
    I wear em all the time

• Options
    What are comfy but stylish options for men's business casual? I walk 10 or so miles a day in hard floors and bare concrete. I'm currently wearing Merrel or Columbia hiking boots

• Options
    What are comfy but stylish options for men's business casual? I walk 10 or so miles a day in hard floors and bare concrete. I'm currently wearing Merrel or Columbia hiking boots
    I like Rockports for comfort and style, with an emphasis on the comfort. I have something similar to these, and I can walk in them forever. Quality on my current pair was kinda crap, but that seems to be an aberration - they usually last me ~5 years.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    My Fluevogs boots are comfy for all day wear (I wore them for about two days straight at PAXAus when I bought them with no issues at all) but they are squeaky if you rotate your ankles while walking.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    file_23020_dachshund-dog-breed-460x290.jpg

Dachshund_brown_puppy.jpg

Dachshund-12.jpg

Sorry I thought it was the dachshund thread.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    If you squint a bit, dachshunds do look a bit like furry shoes with legs.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    file_23020_dachshund-dog-breed-460x290.jpg

Dachshund_brown_puppy.jpg

Dachshund-12.jpg

Sorry I thought it was the dachshund thread.

As far as I'm concerned, every thread can be a dachshund thread.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    I'm not an ambi-turner. I can't turn left.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    TWO HOPS THIS TIME!

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Madpoet wrote: »
    I like Rockports for comfort and style, with an emphasis on the comfort. I have something similar to these, and I can walk in them forever. Quality on my current pair was kinda crap, but that seems to be an aberration - they usually last me ~5 years.

Thanks
    I'll see if I can find a pair to try

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I think I'm rocking these work clothes pretty well. Opinions?
    0ibbsdhzrnan.jpg

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Bust some motherfuckin' ghosts, yo

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    @timspork's ghost I want you to take a classic uniform and make it into a "Historical Ghostbuster" uniform. Not steampunk, per se, but something like a tan version of the Union uniform/kepi cap with "advanced" spectacles resting on the brim

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Or you could add a jacobean ruff and go Renaissance.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I want to get myself a nice... overcoat? Topcoat? I don't know if there's a difference
    But a nice coat for fall and winter that keeps me warm and also looks good over business attire when I'm heading to work
    All my current jackets are totally casual and with the exception of the North Face not really built for seriously cold days unless I layer

(Also all I've ever worn are short jackets and coats and I want a little something that can flutter dramatically if a strong wind kicks up)

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Peacoat.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Overcoats are generally full length, whereas topcoats end around the knee.

Personally I think topcoats are a bit more versatile as they look great worn with formal/business attire as well as with something more casual.

Peacoats are nice too, but they're a little too short and fitting to manage any sort of dramatic flutter.

• Options
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Overcoats are generally full length, whereas topcoats end around the knee.

Personally I think topcoats are a bit more versatile as they look great worn with formal/business attire as well as with something more casual.

Peacoats are nice too, but they're a little too short and fitting to manage any sort of dramatic flutter.

If the Peacoat is too small for you try moving up to a Kyucoat

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    GotLoveGotLove It's a shame, she really liked his waggly eyebrows. Many Britons find this amusing.Registered User regular
    I've bought myself some, long overdue, new shoes for work which came with two colours of laces.

MErdsEIl.jpg

I love the blue laces but I'm not sure whether they're a bit much for the work environment. I'm a consultant so normally I err on the side of caution but I'm tempted to say "Screw that, I want blue laces!" this time.

Opinions on whether I'm going to offend a customer and get fired on Monday?

• Options
    I consult (IT security), I have yellow laces with Mario enemies on them. So far only positive things have been said. I reckon you'll be fine.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I would go with the blue laces.

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    I definitely lean towards black but if you have a shirt that matches that blue no one is going to be mad that you coordinated well.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Like.

It's not like it's a hugely glaring colour shoved in your face. It's just a nice personal detail on the shoes.

Really I would be more amazed if someone noticed, then got offended by it because ??? and then complained about it. It's not like it's a jacket that says up with mini skirts or whatever.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Peak beard.
    9419f435-17e5-4c3f-b718-fff03b029d49_zpsdufwmkl5.jpg

I say peak beard because I took that pic on the way home and just trimmed it back to something like this old pic.

Also: technically new shirt. But it's not really the focus of the piece.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I'm gonna get some suspenders.

This is uncharted territory and I fear I may die along the way. If I do send my body back to my family upon a bitchin leather field jacket.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Pro-tip: overcoats can be one of the things that second-hand stores are the best for. I found a grey wool London Fog overcoat for $10, it's my greatest thrifty fashion triumph.

Also the Internet has killed me, I am dead.

HboIMkE.png

Peen on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    nGFYy8o.jpg

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    nGFYy8o.jpg

same

• Options
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
  • Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    Holy shit

He uh

He really goes all out

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Removing the Ursula costume

I would consider it NSFW.
    Also the stuff nightmares are made of.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    That's it, goddamnit

Now I have to fight everyone I see who also has my Halloween costume this year

E: And I will win, because I am MEAN

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
This discussion has been closed.