Options

A new [minecraft] thread? A new [minecraft] game? A new [minecraft] OP? What?

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    It doesn't seem to have the sanity or thirst meters like the ones i've seen so maybe i'll give it a shot.

• Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    It doesn't seem to have the sanity or thirst meters like the ones i've seen so maybe i'll give it a shot.

It used to be that Spice of Life was the shittiest mod ever that people still for some reason put into their modpack.

Enviromine has firmly usurped its title, however, and then some.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    I loaded up Regrowth to see how it was then lost the next three hours breeding crops together, forgetting to go to bed until an hour and a half later than usual.

So... Yeah.

Aistan on
  • Options
    AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Seriously, Better Foliage is so pretty.
    Here's a with / without comparison.

AkimboEG on
    Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Garthor wrote: »

It used to be that Spice of Life was the shittiest mod ever that people still for some reason put into their modpack.

Enviromine has firmly usurped its title, however, and then some.

The creator of Enviromine is a silicon-based lifeform that crashed on Earth thousands of years ago, gurgling it's maggot-like form in its ship deep underground. Short attempts at exploring the surface has led to almost dying of thirst within hours, going insane within minutes if not within a few feet of plantlife, air quality causing sickness if not within a few feet of direct line of sight to the sky, and small fires almost causing heatstroke if within the same acre.

it's a mod that reflects the hostility of Earth to this strange alien creature

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    I've been getting single player game lag lately, which I understand to be the result of Java not having enough memory. How do I go about fixing this?

@Styrofoam Sammich Some of the things can be reduced in video settings. I also think the launcher has an option (before you launch a pack), to set the total ram available. Or maybe that's just for the launcher.
    How much does your system have?

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    I've been getting single player game lag lately, which I understand to be the result of Java not having enough memory. How do I go about fixing this?

@Styrofoam Sammich Some of the things can be reduced in video settings. I also think the launcher has an option (before you launch a pack), to set the total ram available. Or maybe that's just for the launcher.
    How much does your system have?

8gig

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Hmm I've pumped it up to 6gig and dropped view distance and graphics and its still occurring

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I would drop the ram down to 4 gigs. If you give it too much memory you'll lose performance because of how long garbage collection cycles take. You could try adding fastcraft to your mods if you aren't using it already.

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    never give minecraft more than 4gigs of ram. It'll run like shit.

Also whats your system specs, and what mod pack, and is it a fresh world or one you've been in for a long time.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Alright here me out

We bring back underdark

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    We tried that once :(

• Options
    Fleeb wrote: »

To much of underdark was hand made.

Theres a lot of mods now that can make underdark more workable with regular chunkloaded world gen.

• Options
    Buttcleft wrote: »

Also whats your system specs, and what mod pack, and is it a fresh world or one you've been in for a long time.

Don't remember the system specs off hand, but its a fairly old world. What confuses me is that the lag started without me actually changing much. It wasn't like I built a ton of machinery and then the lag started.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options

Don't remember the system specs off hand, but its a fairly old world. What confuses me is that the lag started without me actually changing much. It wasn't like I built a ton of machinery and then the lag started.

Old worlds just bog down with time, regardless.

• Options
    Well shit.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options

Theres a lot of mods now that can make underdark more workable with regular chunkloaded world gen.

Go on....

• Options

And it went really well until we ran out of things to do!

I was really diggin the factions showing up, to bad we could actually fight

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Gimmie a bit and ill do a write up on some fun "themed" servers we could do

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Is Botania the main method through which resources are obtained in this pack? I'm starting to think I hate it (Botania). Too much craft, not enough mine.

• Options
    They get the seeds throughout, yes. Endoflames are pretty great for mana gen.

• Options
    Is Botania the main method through which resources are obtained in this pack? I'm starting to think I hate it (Botania). Too much craft, not enough mine.

Botania is the work horse of early game in regrowth because its the system in which you make all the seeds you need.

but it stays in focus throughout the game cause tech later on requires botania bits.

• Options
    Idea 1: Underdark 3.5

We bring back the last underdark map, with some minir changes

PVP ON: We allow people to hunt each other. Within the spawn and various hub or trade cities we leave peacefully under the watchful eye of the law, but once you leave the city all bets are off. The underdark is scarce on rescources, and valuable things can be found in the unihabitable wastes. Not everyone may want to risk the dark for themselves, and find picking off the weak to be easier

Darkzones: Command blocks have gotten good. Really good. Which could lead to some fun. Through the magic of command blocks areas of the map could be left dark. Any torch placed is instantly snuffed out. It would keep the map from being "colonized" and also create areas of balancing risk/reward. I could probably whip up some custom spawners to make stronger monsters that drop valuables as well.

Idea 2: Winter Wonderland

Custom map covered in deep deep snow. Make it so swords cannot be made (again, command blocks), make it so seeds are destoryed upon being planted. Maybe stop stone as well? Viking hunting and gathering kinda deal

Idea 3: No mining

We make it so no one can mine. Want stone? Go grab a creeper

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    you don't need command blocks to make swords unmakable, just use minetweaker to edit the recipes to make them useless/uncraftable.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    If there's a world-edit for 1.8 we could straight up build another Underdark map

the addition of tons of new cosmetic blocks and server stability updates should make the undertaking less of a pain in the ass

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Idea 1: Underdark 3.5

We bring back the last underdark map, with some minir changes

PVP ON: We allow people to hunt each other. Within the spawn and various hub or trade cities we leave peacefully under the watchful eye of the law, but once you leave the city all bets are off. The underdark is scarce on rescources, and valuable things can be found in the unihabitable wastes. Not everyone may want to risk the dark for themselves, and find picking off the weak to be easier

Darkzones: Command blocks have gotten good. Really good. Which could lead to some fun. Through the magic of command blocks areas of the map could be left dark. Any torch placed is instantly snuffed out. It would keep the map from being "colonized" and also create areas of balancing risk/reward. I could probably whip up some custom spawners to make stronger monsters that drop valuables as well.

Idea 2: Winter Wonderland

Custom map covered in deep deep snow. Make it so swords cannot be made (again, command blocks), make it so seeds are destoryed upon being planted. Maybe stop stone as well? Viking hunting and gathering kinda deal

Idea 3: No mining

We make it so no one can mine. Want stone? Go grab a creeper

It sounds like you want TerraFirmaCraft.

• Options
    FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    I love the darkzones and viking map ideas!

I haven't actually played Minecraft in a very long time, about ready to jump back into something fun.

I have been teaching my kid the ropes though, so I'll probably bring him along on whatever. I was just showing him around the Nations at War 2 map, and taking some screenshots with a good texture pack and shaders... Oh my god some of those builds were incredible.

• Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Yes hello did someone say Underdark

• Options
    I wonder if there is a way to hide names outside of hubs

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options

Go on....

@Buttcleft

• Options
    I wonder if there is a way to hide names outside of hubs

Sneak.

• Options

Go on....

@Buttcleft

The problem with underdark was that almost everything had to be hand crafted and manually added to the map in chunks.

Theres a lot of mods now a days where you can have a underdark type world that works with world gen instead of having to be hand crafted and hand placed. Certainly there would have to be some handcrafting and placing, but that would be minority instead of 100%.

To start with, Deep Dark from..Extra Utilities IIRC, shows that its possible to have an underground worldgen, Modifying that could probably result in a more tunnely less sandwichy worldgen.

Ruins mod lets you hand craft certain ruins/dungeons/etc and have them plop in worldgen randomly

minetweaker lets you change all of the recipes to make them more fitting to underground life.

• Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Redstone lets you summon ungodly forces from other dimensions

...what?

• Options
    Huggles wrote: »
    Redstone lets you summon ungodly forces from other dimensions

...what?

I imagine Witchery and Blood Magic would fit well in Underdark

• Options
    Change all tools to use bones instead of sticks

Armor requires blocks instead of ingots

Arrows just be stone and sticks?

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    You could also get rid of vanilla bows and only allow TK stuff, and only have tk metals that are made with blood.

• Options
    Some of that stuff can be pretty easily gamed to ruin the "just scrapping by" feel though

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Tinker's Construct is, like, the gold standard of ridiculously overpowered mods.

"Hey would you like unbreakable better-than-diamond chestplate for 6 leather, 2 wool, and a single aluminum ingot? Go wild!"

"Want to instantly break any block in the game? That'll be a couple stacks of Redstone please!"

Garthor on
  • Options
    Some of the random blocks would he nice

That one also had barricades and bamboo traps right?

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg