As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New [Steven Universe] episodes starting July 18

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Where's that lying lie about us loving the schedule?

I do not love June.

Don't you see? We're only half way through season 2! Which means 20 episodes in June to get to season 3 episodes like they said.

We're going to get every Steven Bomb. It's just Steven and Bombs. Steven and Bombs and their adventures, DA. Steven and Bombs, forever and forever, a hundred years Steven and Bombs, s... things. Me and Steven and Bombs runnin' around and Steven and Bombs time. Aaall day long forever. All, a hundred days Steven and Bombs forever a hundred times. Over and over Steven and Bombs adventures dot com W W W dot Steven and Bombs dot com W W W Steven and Bombs adventures all hundred years. Every minute Steven and Bombs dot com W W W hundred times Steven and Bombs dot com.

No I don't.
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I haven't eaten all day and it was totally fine until I saw that hamburger backpack and now I am fucked

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I haven't eaten all day and it was totally fine until I saw that hamburger backpack and now I am fucked

You can't eat the backpack, man.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    People say the same thing about flowing lava and whatever that stuff looks delicious

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    I sincerely doubt the show is in danger of being cancelled, it's very popular, almost to Adventure Time levels. Although I do remember people thinking AT would get cancelled even as it became the juggernaut of Cartoon Network.

This always happens when a show has a dry spell. People these days get used to being constantly bombarded with media and forget that it still takes up to a year to produce a single episode.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Still better than Venture Bros. scheduling.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    idk why it says season 3 started in January though - the most recent episode was the season 2 halfway point

On Amazon the show bundles into 26 ep seasons.

But that still doesn't make sense, because we just hit the end of the "Third" season in January.

Goatmon on

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »

At least Venture Bros doesn't take a 3-4 month break during a season.

They just handcraft every episode at one every 3 months or so, then redo them all once their done, then go on vacation, then do re-edits, then start over, then air the episodes...

Rinse,

Repeat.

No I don't.
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Remember Avatar: The Last Airbender scheduling?

God that was the worst. Whole years with nothing.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    IgortIgort Registered User regular
    idk why it says season 3 started in January though - the most recent episode was the season 2 halfway point

Yeah, that's a little weird. Apparently it says on the episode guide on CN's own site?

Super odd.

• Options

As is like 99% of television. :P

• Options

It was only Book 3 that had scheduling issues, I thought?

Books 1 and 2 aired spread out across '05 and '06 from January to December, and March to December respectively.

Book 3 didn't begin until September '07, and then it stopped in october and we didn't get the rest of the season until July '08.

Pretty much everyone was grumpy as fuck over that.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »

It was only Book 3 that had scheduling issues, I thought?

Books 1 and 2 aired spread out across '05 and '06 from January to December, and March to December respectively.

Book 3 didn't begin until September '07, and then it stopped in october and we didn't get the rest of the season until July '08.

Pretty much everyone was grumpy as fuck over that.

Well Avatar's on Nickelodeon. Their scheduling genius is also responsible for stretching out a Power Rangers series over two years, 20 episodes a year, and can be said as a major reason (if not one of the top three) why anniversary series Power Rangers Megaforce blew chunks.

• Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    just got my Garnet hoodie!

FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Garnet Hoodie? Do tell. :o

Goatmon on

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
  • Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    that is the one

now i just need cold or rainy weather so I can wear it

FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    tsplitter wrote: »
    that is the one

now i just need cold or rainy weather so I can wear it

I hear that. I broke down and bought the Witcher Wolf Armour set from Musterbrand and it's fantastic but.. winter ended a week after I got it.

• Options
    I'd think you would want to avoid rainy weather in something like that. Looks like it'd just soak it all up and you'd get drenched.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Brolo wrote: »

God damn that is nice, I have ot get me one of
    $150

oh. :(

• Options
    Lots of cool stuff in that shop.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Awww, they don't have a Peridot (aka best gem) hoodie.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    You mean appearance modifiers right.

• Options
    adiusadius Registered User regular
    Matt Burnett says season 1 is 52 episodes, but season 2 onwards will be 26 episodes each. So the five seasons are really just the three seasons we already knew about, chopped up in a confusing way. It would be an absurdly early pickup if they bought episodes beyond the 152nd when the last episode aired was #78.

• Options
    Serious Steven board by Ian JQ

tumblr_o4tfr1iZdD1qhbhnno1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o4tfr1iZdD1qhbhnno2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o4tfr1iZdD1qhbhnno3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o4tfr1iZdD1qhbhnno4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o4tfr1iZdD1qhbhnno4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o4tfr1iZdD1qhbhnno5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o4tfr1iZdD1qhbhnno6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o4tfr1iZdD1qhbhnno8_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o4tfr1iZdD1qhbhnno9_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o4tfr1iZdD1qhbhnno10_1280.jpg

wait a minute… that’s not how “Serious Steven” goes!

VERY early in the production of Steven Universe, we had to do storyboard pitches to the higher-ups at Cartoon Network. Basically, these are very important meetings attended by the executives so they can check in on the tone of the show and storytelling and give us notes on how to proceed.

We were preparing the pitch of Serious Steven when i noticed the date: April 1, 2013! We couldn’t just let this opportunity slip through our fingers! I very quickly whipped together this board in the half-hour before the pitch. I showed it to Rebecca and she thought it was crazy but agreed to pitch it in the meeting right before we pitched Serious Steven.

Rebecca introduced this board in full seriousness and then did a full pitch, including all of the character voices. First it confused everyone, but then the whole room got into it. Uncle Grandpa and Clarence are kind of the “sister” shows to SU because they were developed and greenlit around the same time. Eddy got the biggest laugh. I included him because Ed Edd n Eddy was one of Rebecca’s biggest inspirations and we have a former EE&E storyboarder (Raven M. Molisee) on staff.

A good thing that came out of this board was that it pushed Pearl’s potential as a comedy straightman to the limit(At the time, anyway. We’ve definitely gone way further at this point). When Rebecca later pitched the idea of “Say Uncle”, we recalled this board when thinking of the chemistry Pearl might have with an interloper from another universe.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Alright alright
    Amethyst let's see your weird thing now

NeoToma on
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I wonder would kids still get the E&E&E reference?

• Options
    tumblr_nvh2p10mWv1uhkxi1o1_1280.png
    tumblr_nvh2p10mWv1uhkxi1o2_1280.png
    It bothered me to heck and back when Amethyst threw away Peridot’s limb enhancers, those must have been important. I guess it would be a sign of trust to give Peridot a new set, and I bet Pearl could help create one.
    Source (blog may be NSFW)

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    Awww, they don't have a Peridot (aka best gem) hoodie.

On the subject of Peridot, I was browsing Noteflight, and saw that Memorex arranged her theme. Specifically the one in Warp Tour.

https://www.noteflight.com/scores/view/d33f491c20565a7166214df5670d352bed9364fc

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Yeah Peridot really showed responsible firearm use with her enhancers no way that'd end poorly

also Blogger artist if that is your real name Steven gave her a new set.

Joking aside she needed to lose what she thought made her useful in order to find out who she really was. Peridot doesnt need the limb enhancers anymore.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    It doesn't really matter if she has them or not at this point. she's seen that she's more than just her old gadgets.

And it's not like she just randomly blew stuff up with them before, she was their enemy.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    the person who's going to give peridot her limb enhancers back is
    lapis

not confirmed or nothing

but it feels right

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    the person who's going to give peridot her limb enhancers back is
    lapis

not confirmed or nothing

but it feels right

Well...
    ...they were chucked into water when she lost them, so it does make sense for Lapis to be the one to find them.

• Options
    oh my god how am I only NOW learning that this exists?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OmrnTGdlFk&nohtml5=False

• Options
    Rebecca Sugar had an interview on a podcast. Here's the highlights.

Musical episode coming soon to include 7 new songs including tap dancing.

Shelby Rabara (Peridot) originally auditioned for Garnet and Jennifer Paz (Lapis) originally auditioned for Amethyst

The tap dancing sound used in the musical episode is a recording of Shelby Rabara actually tap dancing!

Upcoming song (implied to be part of the musical episode) by Jeff Liu and Ben Levin, which apparently had a Pearl verse added that wasn't there before, so possibly a duet or an even bigger ensemble.

Ruby and Sapphire's relationship is based around Rebecca and Ians relationship.

She went suspiciously silent when the prospect of a YD song was mentioned. Or maybe I'm just crazy. Nonetheless she then said she wanted a YD song too.

Rose and Peals relationship confirmed for requited love.

New character to appear with voice work Rebecca is excited about and that character will appear in the fall.

Live stage musical of Steven universe would be something Rebecca would love.

Apparently Sapphire is associated with "sight and seeing" and Ruby with "touch and healing". Sapphire didn't always have one eye.

She hopes to have a Sardonyx song one day.

There's some really interesting talk about fusion as a concept around 57 minutes in.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

Shelby Rabara (Peridot) originally auditioned for Garnet and Jennifer Paz (Lapis) originally auditioned for Amethyst

The tap dancing sound used in the musical episode is a recording of Shelby Rabara actually tap dancing!

Upcoming song (implied to be part of the musical episode) by Jeff Liu and Ben Levin, which apparently had a Pearl verse added that wasn't there before, so possibly a duet or an even bigger ensemble.

She went suspiciously silent when the prospect of a YD song was mentioned. Or maybe I'm just crazy. Nonetheless she then said she wanted a YD song too.

New character to appear with voice work Rebecca is excited about and that character will appear in the fall.

Apparently Sapphire is associated with "sight and seeing" and Ruby with "touch and healing". Sapphire didn't always have one eye.

There's some really interesting talk about fusion as a concept around 57 minutes in.

YD song?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

YD song?
    I assume Yellow Diamond song.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    oh shiiiiii

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    IgortIgort Registered User regular
    Hey, why would you tell us about this but not link it!? What podcast was it?

• Options
    Igort wrote: »
    Hey, why would you tell us about this but not link it!? What podcast was it?

Oh duh, that would be smart

2ohWien.png
This discussion has been closed.