As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New [Steven Universe] episodes starting July 18

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Favorite part
    "Did you destroy the cluster?!"
    "Nah. I talked to it."

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    My favorite part was the "Liar!"

edit: In general P-Dot gets an A+ rating during these episodes.

Gundi on
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    No seriously, wakes up in the forest on his back, is confused, dog comes up, runs through forest and finds surprising stuff.

LOST

No I don't.
  • Options
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Steven finally
    learned how to control his plant minons, also has super empathy powers and dream possession?

I mean
    Rose was supposed to be like... Super Powerful? I mean that's not why other gems followed her but it's a part of why they all didn't end up dead.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I was just rewatching earlier episodes and
    Steven show off his dream powers in the episode where they are trying to sleep and basically inhabits Malachite's mind.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    My favorite part
    The unintelligible rousing speech.
    "Wraaah! Wrarararawarara!"

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Steven's already presumably inheriting some impressive powers compared to the other gems his personality seems ideally suited to using them. And fortunately he hasn't fully grasped many of them so there's no going back wondering why he didn't use ability X in Y situation.

Not a reply to anything specific. The writing is just pretty well thought out.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    One more thing...
    this was probably originally the season 2 finale, since it resolved both malachite and the cluster. It's just season 3 already for weird business/economics reasons

Spoilers for the leaked clips
    Im thinking that In To Deep in its entirety is the finale. Stuffs about to get way worse.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Waitin' on that iTunes update, doot doot doo doo

DOOT DOOT DOO DOO HURRY THE FUCK UP ITUNES CANADA

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Ameri-can watch what Can'tada... can't.

I'm sorry I just had to make that terrible pun.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Steven Bombs have spoiled me, because on Friday I was READY for new episodes.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    So people have some theories about the latest episodes
    tumblr_inline_o75n9jjW4V1szkout_540.png
    tumblr_o73ij7JD7c1qemks9o1_1280.png
    tumblr_o73ij7JD7c1qemks9o2_1280.png
    tumblr_o73ij7JD7c1qemks9o3_1280.png
    tumblr_o77luy0qR01tq0ckco1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o77luy0qR01tq0ckco2_1280.jpg

tumblr_o76pgxsCOp1tlma4ao1_1280.png
    tumblr_o76pgxsCOp1tlma4ao2_r1_1280.png
    tumblr_o76pgxsCOp1tlma4ao3_1280.png
    tumblr_o76pgxsCOp1tlma4ao4_1280.png
    tumblr_o76pgxsCOp1tlma4ao5_1280.png

There's even some canon supporting it!
    tumblr_inline_o76qb0al961qdi3vj_500.jpg

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Monsters are 80% magic
    Gems are 80% light

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Who is the blue fish lady?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Undertale

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Who is the blue fish lady?

You should play undertale.

Everyone should play undertale.

• Options
    Ah. I've heard of it, just been busy with triple A games lately.

• Options
    StasisStasis Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    So people have some theories about the latest episodes
    tumblr_inline_o75n9jjW4V1szkout_540.png
    tumblr_o73ij7JD7c1qemks9o1_1280.png
    tumblr_o73ij7JD7c1qemks9o2_1280.png
    tumblr_o73ij7JD7c1qemks9o3_1280.png
    tumblr_o77luy0qR01tq0ckco1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_o77luy0qR01tq0ckco2_1280.jpg

tumblr_o76pgxsCOp1tlma4ao1_1280.png
    tumblr_o76pgxsCOp1tlma4ao2_r1_1280.png
    tumblr_o76pgxsCOp1tlma4ao3_1280.png
    tumblr_o76pgxsCOp1tlma4ao4_1280.png
    tumblr_o76pgxsCOp1tlma4ao5_1280.png

There's even some canon supporting it!
    tumblr_inline_o76qb0al961qdi3vj_500.jpg

I didn't open that spoiler last night because I thought you were talking about legitimate theories and I tend to avoid those so as not to influence my expectations of upcoming episodes

I'm glad I have since opened that spoiler

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Huh, I thought Steven Universe was back all day erry day for the next few months? Wasn't it supposed to be like, five a week for 4 weeks or something?

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    Huh, I thought Steven Universe was back all day erry day for the next few months? Wasn't it supposed to be like, five a week for 4 weeks or something?

2 one week, one a week for 3 weeks

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

hahahahaha

we'd never spoil you with that much steven universe at once

in fact even for suggesting it we'd better put things on hiatus

thanks for watching see you in 2019!

• Options
    Venture brothers already has that covered.

• Options
  • Options
    BTW, anyone else a bit dissapointed that peridot was not in the opener...yet? Maybe the above post is the reason.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    BTW, anyone else a bit dissapointed that peridot was not in the opener...yet? Maybe the above post is the reason.

I imagine it will happen when they get to season 3 (even though we're "in" season 3, these were still season 2 production episodes)

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    I don't think Lapis is gonna be hanging around. :sad:

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    I think that traditionally in a story like this she would either get killed or turn her back on them

But SU has shown a willingness to buck that stuff in favor of "just this once everybody lives" type stuff which I love it for so I hope I'm wrong

• Options
    I dunno, shes seen homeworld and was scared by it, she tried to warn and protect stephen, and decided that shes going to fight for her freedom. She may not trust the gems at this point, but I think she would reluctantly join unless the circumstances of her being 'mirrored' were much rougher and directly involving the gems then we think. Unlikely since if it was, she probably wouldnt have trusted stephen, she would have just used him to escape then not give a shit.

• Options
    I dunno, shes seen homeworld and was scared by it, she tried to warn and protect stephen, and decided that shes going to fight for her freedom. She may not trust the gems at this point, but I think she would reluctantly join unless the circumstances of her being 'mirrored' were much rougher and directly involving the gems then we think. Unlikely since if it was, she probably wouldnt have trusted stephen, she would have just used him to escape then not give a shit.

I think its more likely that she joins and then sacrifices herself

Her figure has been such a tragic one that that's the vibes I'm getting off of her

• Options
    Eh...its still a kids show at its heart, I don't really see true death coming into it, only the suggestion of it. She might choose to leave and be on her own, but death i dont see.

• Options
    The show has explicitly talked about the deaths during the gem war

the cluster is the broken bodies of fallen gem soldiers

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    oh yeah I'm guessing we're going to see one of the team member gems "die" during the show

but steven's special human/gem healing powers will save her

that doesn't mean her resurrection will happen immediately, though

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    The show has explicitly talked about the deaths during the gem war

the cluster is the broken bodies of fallen gem soldiers

Thats all within the realm of a kids show. The cluster is pieces of 'gems' not 'people' according to tv studio logic, 'talking about deaths long ago' is okay as long as everyone sees that when they 'die' their gem is still around. Even if its broken, they can see some kind of twisted logic that they arent dead...a little glue and voila!

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I like to think that this show is ultimately optimistic enough that Lapis will have a happy ending.

We've already had a moment where Lapis sacrificed herself for the greater Steven's good. And if Sworn to the Sword and Chille Tid are any indication, Steven does not like people sacrificing themselves for him. And Steven is good at finding other options to bad situations.

• Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    I think she'll be fine. Somewhere else. Away from the crystal gems.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    I wouldn't be surprised if the way this plays out is that Lapis and the Gems become friends, but Lapis still leaves to explore Earth and enjoy her newfound freedom. She's gone from being imprisoned in a mirror, to being imprisoned by the Homeward gems, to being imprisoned in a bad fusion. She deserves a break.

Otherwise it's kind of hard to imagine how Lapis gets integrated into the show on a day-to-day basis. She's so much more powerful than any other gem we've seen - in her first appearance she steals the entire ocean. How do you have her on the team without making the other Crystal Gems redundant? From a story-telling perspective she works better as the back-up they can call when the going gets rough, rather than as a member of the team.

I have a twitter.
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    They could nerf Lapis by explaining away her mega ocean power as being out of control due to being cracked and raging from being trapped.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Charmy wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if the way this plays out is that Lapis and the Gems become friends, but Lapis still leaves to explore Earth and enjoy her newfound freedom. She's gone from being imprisoned in a mirror, to being imprisoned by the Homeward gems, to being imprisoned in a bad fusion. She deserves a break.

Otherwise it's kind of hard to imagine how Lapis gets integrated into the show on a day-to-day basis. She's so much more powerful than any other gem we've seen - in her first appearance she steals the entire ocean. How do you have her on the team without making the other Crystal Gems redundant? From a story-telling perspective she works better as the back-up they can call when the going gets rough, rather than as a member of the team.

Could introduce the idea that the only reason she was able to use such power was that she'd been dormant in the mirror for so long she had built up an overcharge of whatever energy powers the gems.
    But between her flying to Homeworld and her struggles in the fusion with Jasper, she drained her energy reserves to a level roughly equal to the other Crystal Gems.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    They could nerf Lapis by explaining away her mega ocean power as being out of control due to being cracked and raging from being trapped.

she maintained the pillar when she was healed and calm, so that would take quite the bit of explaining.

As for her being overpowered? Well, they're not always on the beach during missions.

This discussion has been closed.