Options

Bat[Chat] Insane Opinions

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Hm yeah I told my 4 years younger sister that the name of one of her pillows was Lester the Molester, and then she was afraid of it and wouldn't use it any more.

I don't recall any physical violence, although I really, really wanted to hit her. She does remember my hitting her once or twice, but I wanted it so much that I would think I'd remember if it had actually ever happened? Who knows. There was definitely a phase where I pinched her occasionally.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Man its hard to talk about The Fat Jew having his book released online without @SyphonBlue getting all offended.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    @Deebaser that phone interview i had last week turned into an in person interview next week

and one of those big bay area tech companies wants to interview me now too (tho ick SF, and housing is even worse there than here)

i don't even want a new job i like my job what is going on

Why are you even applying for jobs in SF. That place is awful.
    Im still waiting to hear back from that massive interview I had last week. Also, someone was asking about internal jobs and I found one in my group that would be a p big move upwards for me, so I applied for that shit.

i'm not applying to jobs

people reach out to me for jobs

i haven't applied to any jobs in forever

i didn't even really apply to my current job, i just sent my resume to a girl i met on a dating app

huh? I get unsolicited offers, but never "Hey, do you want to relocate to another coast? It'll be great!" How'd they even find you for consideration?

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Wait people actually name their stuff?

I thought that option was a joke. Like asking Windows to check for a solution.

Makes it a lot easier to set up recognizable shares and troubleshoot network issues.

Also it's super rad.

Yeah mine is my apartment number and it makes it super easy to find and super easy to tell people. I don't want to have to remember which of the dozen "Belkin [numbers]" or "TP-Link [numbers]" it is.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    -==-
    -=desc=-
    -=elite hacker Bandwidth Downthrottle presents you with ONE DEMERIT for the offense of =-
    -=SUBPAR OPSEC=-
    -==-

TL DR on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    You guys are all nerds

My computer is (desc's) Mac Pro

My phone is (desc's) iPhone

Etc.

are we nerds

or are you just boring

maek u think

*thinks about it*

*throws your copy of Silmarillon in a bonfire*

You're nerds

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    I also name my houses and cars.

Computers get named after something that happens when I build them, usually.

Are they all named "Forgot the 4-pin 12v to the motherboard"

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    You guys are all nerds

Etc.

are we nerds

or are you just boring

maek u think

*thinks about it*

*throws your copy of Silmarillon in a bonfire*

You're nerds

*shrieks in quenya*

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Right yes I mean the One Cheese For Me is ricotta or mascarpone with lots of sugar as part of various desserts, the same way the one beer is Lambic. But neither of those quite count as I feel like they're edge cases of the substance in question.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    My dad named his car Elvira, I always figured it was because it had an over large front end.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    You guys are all nerds

Etc.

leaving your real first name all over the logs of any device whose wifi you connect to?

yeah but who is really gonna mess with

DR. DOOM'S Mac Pro

DR. DOOM'S iPhone

• Options
    Cheese is good

Beer is good

Loud music is good

My tastes are correct in these proclamations

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Cheese is good

Beer is good

Loud music is good

My tastes are correct in these proclamations

~~~desc opface~~~

• Options
    -==-
    -=desc=-
    -=elite hacker Bandwidth Downthrottle presents you with ONE DEMERIT for the offense of =-
    -=SUBPAR OPSEC=-
    -==-

Avface

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    My computer used to be named "The Emaciated Corpse of Steve Jobs". Then Steve Jobs died and it was in poor taste, so I went with "Steve Jobs PBUH". Then a muslim lady at work saw it on the network and got mad and an email went out, asking whoever had that machine to change it.

Now it is called "Computer"

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    credeiki wrote: »
    Hm yeah I told my 4 years younger sister that the name of one of her pillows was Lester the Molester, and then she was afraid of it and wouldn't use it any more.

I don't recall any physical violence, although I really, really wanted to hit her. She does remember my hitting her once or twice, but I wanted it so much that I would think I'd remember if it had actually ever happened? Who knows. There was definitely a phase where I pinched her occasionally.

My brother and I actually did have some physical fighting, though I think he always initiated because I'm not an aggressive person

...if I recall correctly, though, I had far better combat abilities so we had some "fights" that were super comedic of the Lucy pulling the football variety, because he would run at me and I would just sidestep

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    @Donkey Kong can I PM you a resume/GitHub question

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    my brothers and I mostly hated each other

we'd be mostly placated by nintendo and then invariably get bored and irritable and end up wailing on one another

never really learned to socialize, mom only got involved to shut us up, but nobody was ever seriously injured - middle bro stabbed me with a pencil once and broke the point off in my arm, i think was the worst of it

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    @Deebaser that phone interview i had last week turned into an in person interview next week

and one of those big bay area tech companies wants to interview me now too (tho ick SF, and housing is even worse there than here)

Im still waiting to hear back from that massive interview I had last week. Also, someone was asking about internal jobs and I found one in my group that would be a p big move upwards for me, so I applied for that shit.

i'm not applying to jobs

i didn't even really apply to my current job, i just sent my resume to a girl i met on a dating app

huh? I get unsolicited offers, but never "Hey, do you want to relocate to another coast? It'll be great!" How'd they even find you for consideration?
    idk

presumably the company that runs the site that is used for these things is good at finding people

poo
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    You guys are all nerds

Etc.

leaving your real first name all over the logs of any device whose wifi you connect to?

yeah but who is really gonna mess with

DR. DOOM'S Mac Pro

DR. DOOM'S iPhone

H57Hm4b.jpg

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    How did the KKKthing go today or did they not do it

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Right yes I mean the One Cheese For Me is ricotta or mascarpone with lots of sugar as part of various desserts, the same way the one beer is Lambic. But neither of those quite count as I feel like they're edge cases of the substance in question.

Um excuse me but ricotta isn't technically a cheese and

...oh hey mascarpone is

My pedantry is ruined ;-;

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Hahahaha oh man Silmarillion.

Because if you thought LOTR was incredibly boring and dry, just wait until you try to read the book that describes its history!

• Options
    You guys are all nerds

Etc.

I suppose so

Well my desktop is never going anywhere and my iPad rarely travels

I guess I could rename my iPhone some code name

Hmm

• Options
    -==-
    -=desc=-
    -=SUBPAR OPSEC=-
    -==-

Avface

Don't worry, Desc. We'll change the s to a dollar sign.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

i'm not applying to jobs

hating you to death right now.

• Options
    UR3xUrX.jpg

• Options
    You guys are all nerds

Etc.

I suppose so

Hmm

NAME IT SEX OCELOT

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »

...oh hey mascarpone is

Mascarpone is perfection. Name something it pairs poorly with and marvel as you are wrong.

• Options
    my iPhone is called Hermes, because it's mobile

• Options

Because if you thought LOTR was incredibly boring and dry, just wait until you try to read the book that describes its history!

Wait a dryer LOTR? HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

...oh hey mascarpone is

Mascarpone is perfection. Name something it pairs poorly with and marvel as you are wrong.

I've never actually had it ><

• Options
    You guys are all nerds

Etc.

I suppose so

Hmm

NAME IT SEX OCELOT

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    man i didnt gym for 1.5 weeks and i went on tues and today and im going tomorrow but i took it easy ish and i am just so antsy to go more its distracting
    so weird who am i

WHO AM I ANYMORE

poo
  • Options
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Donkey Kong can I PM you a resume/GitHub question

Sure. I'll give you the best advice $10 of my company's money can offer.

• Options
    my iPhone is called Hermes, because it's mobile

This is my plan

Obviously desktop would be Zeus

Laptop would be Kronos because it is ancient and Zeus has metaphorically castrated it because it serves less purpose now

I forget what I was gonna name my tablet

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

It was the first (and only) of the hobbit books I attempted to read.

It's probably why I think books are stupid.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

Wait a dryer LOTR? HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!?

The English, Preacher. The English.

• Options
    man i didnt gym for 1.5 weeks and i went on tues and today and im going tomorrow but i took it easy ish and i am just so antsy to go more its distracting
    so weird who am i

WHO AM I ANYMORE

SWOLE OF BODY AND SPIRIT

• Options
    Donkey Kong can I PM you a resume/GitHub question

Sure. I'll give you the best advice $10 of my company's money can offer.

what, did they like pay someone ten dollars to give you a certification on resumes

This discussion has been closed.