As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

the Indie Games Thread is out! stretch goals to be delivered later.

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Every time I come into this thread and someone has posted a new incarnation before I got a chance to, it makes me super happy

it fills me with determination

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    It's looking like Indivisible would will have a real tough time meeting their goal in the next 5 days, but they should hit whatever minimum they need to extend the timer. Hopefully that'll help them get what they need, but I'd imagine the devs are already super stressed and prolonging that would be tough

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    The Indivisible prototype will be on the PAL PSN store at some point today.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Oh yes, I have been working out. Thank you for asking!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    The reason I haven't backed Indivisible yet is because it's not coming out til 2017. I'll help them get over the bar if they need it, but I can't get excited for games that are over a year away.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    After laying awake Last Night and being unable to sleep because i couldn't stop thinking about how much I hate Life is Strange's ending after beating it again

Realized that I only dislike ot so much because of how much the game and its characters affected me

Can a game be your game of the year even if you hate like a significant, important chunk of it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    if you genuinely didn't play anything else you liked more this year, it's your goty more or less by default

• Options
    That's kind of what I'm trying to puzzle out

I played things I liked more

But I don't think I played anything that affected me more

Or even close to as much, really

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    really it's a thing for you to define for yourself

• Options
    No, it's for me to decide.

Chincy, your favorite game this year was Tony Hawk 5

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    No, it's for me to decide.

Chincy, your favorite game this year was Tony Hawk 5

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Options
    NOOOOOOOOOO way it could be anything else, right?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    you're a bad man

• Options
    you're a bad man
    https://youtu.be/UEHY4f19Z2o

Checks out

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    After laying awake Last Night and being unable to sleep because i couldn't stop thinking about how much I hate Life is Strange's ending after beating it again

Realized that I only dislike ot so much because of how much the game and its characters affected me

Can a game be your game of the year even if you hate like a significant, important chunk of it

I didn't like most of the story writing in Mass Effect 3 (the ending was just one relatively small part of it) and it's my third favourite game of all time, I think if something can affect you in that way because the ultimate outcome feels wrong then that totally makes sense.

E: Actually if I'm honest my relationship with most games is defined by the things I don't like about them. It's like the reviews Toby Fox chose to put on the Undertale Steam page, where he picks the biggest criticisms/most negative things people have to say, then their 5/5 score afterwards.

Shen on
    3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Man

John Cena's rap album is STUNNINGLY competent

• Options
    Dude is totally alright at rapping!

Really he's an incredibly talented dude between his wrestling, acting and rapping skills

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    you're a bad man

But he's a good dinosaur. Which makes him average out as an okay dinosaur-man.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    wait

Blank is the dinosaur in good dinosaur?

Ah never mind, not worth seeing then

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    First Humble Monthly hit, can't decide if it's good or bad, or if I'm just bummed because I already had every game in it.

Lethal League
    Saints Row 4
    Besiege
    Legend of Grimrock 2
    SanctuaryRPG
    Towerfall Ascension
    Valkryia Chronicles

were the games in the first monthly.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    wait

Blank is the dinosaur in good dinosaur?

Ah never mind, not worth seeing then
    Wowowowowow

I was gonna take you to the premiere but tough luck, rodent

Gonna go sit with Sam Elliott and smell is mustache

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla was a man.
    I mean, he was a dino man
    Or maybe he was just a dino
    But he was still Blankzilla!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

Really he's an incredibly talented dude between his wrestling, acting and rapping skills

he's very good at physical comedy (which makes some sense), after trainwreck and with his impending retirement from regular in-ring action it wouldn't surprise me to see him being scouted by studios for a slate of comedy films

• Options
    edited November 2015

he's very good at physical comedy (which makes some sense), after trainwreck and with his impending retirement from regular in-ring action it wouldn't surprise me to see him being scouted by studios for a slate of comedy films

23 Jump Street

Tatum
    Hill
    Cena

Chincymcchilla on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Rocket League's enormous Mutators patch is out
    NEW CONTENT

Antennas
    Dave’s Bread
    Game Awards – Statue
    Reddit Snoo
    Added “Community Flags”
    Day[9]TV
    Game Awards – Logo
    PC Gamer
    PS Nation
    Reddit
    RL Garage
    Something Awful

Added “Video Games”
    (PS4) Driveclub
    Fallout – Vault Boy
    Oddworld – Abe
    Oddworld – Glukkon
    Oddworld – Necrum
    Oddworld – Rupture Farms
    Unreal Frag Center
    Unreal Tournament
    Unreal Tournament (Classic)
    Unreal Tournament – Blue
    Unreal Tournament – Flak Shell
    Unreal Tournament – Red
    Unreal Tournament 2004

NEW FEATURES

Mutators
    Mutators have officially arrived; featuring a suite of alternative presets and settings that add depth, variety, and crazy rocket-powered fun to custom games.
    “Mutator Mashup” has been added to the Online playlist menu. This playlist allows users to face off in a 3v3 online playlist that cycles randomly through the following mutator presets:
    Beach Ball – A huge, slow, lightweight ball with a lot of bounce
    Cubic – Cube shaped ball and recharging boost
    Moonball – Low gravity action with a whole lot of boost
    Pinball – The ball is small, light, fast and bouncy… and a lot to handle
    Time Warp – Slow down the action as you get close to the ball
    “Mutator Settings” menu has been added to the Create Match screen in Exhibition and Private Match. This menu allows users to users to alter their Exhibition/Private Match with the following presets and options:

Presets
    Beach Ball – A huge, slow, lightweight ball with a lot of bounce
    Cubic – Cube shaped ball and recharging boost
    Demolition – Demolish opponents on contact in a high gravity matchup
    Moonball – Low gravity action with a whole lot of boost
    Pinball – The ball is small, light, fast and bouncy… and a lot to handle
    Time Warp – Slow down the action as you get close to the ball

Custom Options
    Match Length – 5, 10, 20 Minutes, and Unlimited
    Max Score – Unlimited, 1 Goal, 3 Goals, 5 Goals
    Game Speed – Default, Slo-Mo, Time Warp
    Ball Max Speed – Default, Slow, Fast, Super Fast
    Ball Type – Default, Cube
    Ball Weight – Default, Light, Heavy, Super Light
    Ball Size- Default, Small, Large, Gigantic
    Ball Bounciness- Default, Low, High, Super High
    Boost Amount – Default, Unlimited, Recharge (Slow), Recharge (Fast), No Boost
    Boost Strength – 1x, 1.5x, 2x, 10x
    Gravity – Default, Low, High, Super High
    Demolish – Default, Disabled, Friendly Fire, On Contact, On Contact (FF)
    Respawn Time – 3 Seconds, 2 Seconds, 1 Second
    http://rocketleague.psyonix.com/patch-notes/

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Impending retirement? Why would he retire? He's making millions, selling truckloads of merch, getting respect for his wrestling skills (finally)...

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Huh.

So seeing the UT antennas made me realize I would totally buy a DLC that makes your car into that one from UT2K4 (The Scorpion). In searching for the name of it I found out that the developers of Rocket League actually worked on UT2K4 developing the Onslaught mode.

Makes sense.

• Options

Impending retirement? Why would he retire? He's making millions, selling truckloads of merch, getting respect for his wrestling skills (finally)...

i expect him to retire from active competition soon, because he's a smart man who doesn't want to destroy his body in the way a lot of his contemporaries and predecessors have

he can still make a lot of money on merch even without being in the ring because he's john cena

also he just took a bunch of time off which is not something most people in his position as the face of a company do unless they're winding down and ready to let some new faces take their place

• Options
    I would appreciate a WWE where people didn't grind themselves to dust

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Yeah, wrestling's not a sport that seems to promise a lengthy retirement. If he's in a position to do something about that, it'd probably be good to take it.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    man, I hope the humble monthly gets more people playing lethal league

it's an underrated gem of a multiplayer game

• Options

it's hard to escape that, the wwe is a carnie-ass business at its core still, but I think people are transitioning to part-time duties and retirement better than they used to

• Options

it's hard to escape that, the wwe is a carnie-ass business at its core still, but I think people are transitioning to part-time duties and retirement better than they used to

Do you think Vince is as responsible for a lot of the bad and harmful practices as some people put on him

i.e. will the buisness change greatly for the better when he is gone

• Options
    yes but also vince is just carrying on traditions that date back to pro wrestling's infancy, i would not expect them all to evaporate when he either cedes control of the company to someone or passes away

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Do you think Vince is as responsible for a lot of the bad and harmful practices as some people put on him

i.e. will the buisness change greatly for the better when he is gone

If you believe even just a small part of the stories about Vince that have leaked over the decades, he's barely hanging on to reality by a thread, and sees wrestlers as a resource to be used up rather than as people.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna be honest, I was going to fund it until I played the demo

I feel bad but I'm not going to fund something I can't play

I'm gonna go back and try it again but playing the demo confirmed the feeling I had when I watched LP's of it that I just don't really like the way it plays

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    The problem with wrestling stuff is I'm never sure where the fictionalized story of the industry ends and the real life business decisions begin.

And I'm pretty sure Vince McMahon has the same problem.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    The problem with wrestling stuff is I'm never sure where the fictionalized story of the industry ends and the real life business decisions begin.

this is generally part of the appeal for most big wrestling fans, even if it's also a source of a lot of stupidity

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Downwell is a cool game. It's really cheap and you should all play it.

• Options

this is generally part of the appeal for most big wrestling fans, even if it's also a source of a lot of stupidity

I can see that. I'm definitely not a fan. I find the whole phenomenon fascinating to hear/read about, but I definitely don't follow it all. Trying to fully understand it as an outsider is strange.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.