As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fallout 4. Explore the Commonwealth Wasteland with Roachie!

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Aistan wrote: »
    knitdan wrote: »
    Question about end of Silver Shroud quest
    Does anyone know if it is possible to talk to Sinjin? Like maybe if you fulfill the optional assassination contract that Kendra had for that one random lady? All I know is he aggro'd immediately after I stepped out the elevator and would have killed Kent if I hadn't already had several VATS Crits banked and ready to go.
    If you're not wearing the Silver Shroud costume they immediately agro on you and try to kill him. If you are wearing it there's a long conversation with him beforehand.
    I was wearing the Silver Shroud costume though...But I had a different gun because even modded that silver submachine gun is terrible.. Oh and I was wearing coolguy sunglasses, maybe that counted as being out of costume.
    I was wearing coolguy sunglasses and a random weapon. They talked to me.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Curie is pretty great for the brief time I've used her

I still haven't taken Codsworth out once, he just seems so judgmental

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I've noticed a distinct lack of Cait in this thread. Is it that you guys dislike her, or you just like Curie more?

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    i don't have her yet but I like nick too much to swap right now

if i play the game a 2nd time id probably use her but I typically just don't have it in me to play these types of games multiple times after i've learned where everything is

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Cait is totally fine but is kinda generic from what I've played with her

Tough badass hard drinking drug doing lady with a tragic past

Not that there's anything wrong with that but compared to Curie, Nick, Piper and Deacon she's not as novel

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    And now, continuing a night of meeting assholes, I'm meeting with

(Shadow of Steel spoilers)
    The Brotherhood aboard their airship

I was kind of excited to learn that the Brotherhood was here to take out the Institute!

...but then Elder Maxson just had to go and tell me it was because they created Synths, who definitely aren't people, how dare you even suggest it

I don't think we're going to get along, he and I

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    oh no
    There's a cat onboard the Predwyn!

Now I need to make sure nothing bad ever happens to this airship

Ever

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Well I figured out why I found Doc Weatherses looted corpse outside The Slog, minor spoilers:
    He's an Institute informant, him and Trashcan Carla and a few other people

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    I'm not really bothering to look for more companions because Piper got me right away by being a rather warm character with good animation and actual voice acting which is like a breath of freshest air in Bethesda Games.

• Options
    Demi GourdDemi Gourd Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Man I feel like I am progressing so slowly compared to most people

Hey, 10ish hours on my current lady and all I've done is be the mayor of a slowly growing Rocket Town (red rocket). I trade with the Abernathy's and Drumlin Diner, patrol the surrounding area for encounters, and watch the sunrise sometimes with Dogmeat. Completing the main quest, clearing the map, and hitting 90 it ain't, but I have myself a good time. I also just got a Ghoul settler, which was cool.

Demi Gourd on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Deacon affinity conversation spoilers
    Normally I'd be annoyed about characters lying to me, but I kinda find it endearing in Deacon because it's obvious that he's telling a tall tale, or it keeps me on my toes. I almost bought him claiming to be the real leader/founder of the Railroad (although that should have been an easier persuasion check) and now I'm wondering if he's really a Synth, too. But he's right, every faction is going to see reality through their own perception, actions speak louder than words.

• Options
    Demi GourdDemi Gourd Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Demi Gourd was warned for this.
    Modders need to make a chainsaw replacement coming out of the pip-boy and this is good to go.
    http://i.imgur.com/wELTU22.png

A duck! on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    cait turns into yet another square when you do her quest

gotta give hancock a go I guess, once strong gives me his perk

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Interesting how the Deliverer is a right handed weapon. Only one I've found so far.

...right handed? are there left handed weapons?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    Basically all of your weapons are left handed and eject shells across the screen, which in real life means hot brass shooting into your face and down your shirt.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Man I feel like I am progressing so slowly compared to most people

I'm at 84 hours and have yet to go into the Glowing Sea.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Institutionalized quest spoilers
    Hmm

I want to like the Institute so far, they seem like cool optimistic science people!

But then I think of the fact they're replacing people's loved ones with robots (for reasons I don't know yet) and it makes me wary

There's just no possible good reason for it. Like even if it's magic and doing that somehow cures cancer and turns barrels of radioactive sludge into wholesome bread, it's fucked

I'm in the same boat so far

It would have to be pretty convincing

Allusions to big ol spoilers:
    What happens to you in the Institute is pretty emblematic of their whole deal. They thoughtlessly subject you to some heinous psychological shit and then have a chat with you about it like they didn't even do something heinous

And then I go "Surprise fuckface! Guess what happens when you severely emotionally traumatise the worlds hungriest cannibal!" and then I ate livers

Can I do that part if my character's name is Fuckface, though? I feel like I want to give it a shot...

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    ZeEVy2t.png

Sure, I can help you fight those raiders, but first, put on these fucking sun glasses!

qg3Tdvl.pngUZRYmDk.png
    CKvrPW1.png7DYDXqQ.png

!!!!

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Skeith wrote: »
    I've noticed a distinct lack of Cait in this thread. Is it that you guys dislike her, or you just like Curie more?

I used her a bunch until
    I did her personal quest and helped her kick her habit and now she's all judgmental when I use drugs

look, winners use psycho jet, I don't want to hear it from you

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Danse really needs to get his opinions in order.

I talk passionately about friendship with a ghoul: Like!
    A second later I save the life of the same ghoul: Dislike!
    I inspire the ghoul to keep fighting for his beliefs: Like!

What the hell dude. Just give me your perk and let me leave you in some backwater settlement forever.

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Flarne wrote: »
    Danse really needs to get his opinions in order.

I talk passionately about friendship with a ghoul: Like!
    A second later I save the life of the same ghoul: Dislike!
    I inspire the ghoul to keep fighting for his beliefs: Like!

What the hell dude. Just give me your perk and let me leave you in some backwater settlement forever.

Seems legit. He is all about loyalty and strength of character, etc. He is going to respond positively towards you espousing those virtues.

Ghouls, Mutants, and Synths? They should all die though.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    enormous danse spoilers
    Danse retroactively becomes the most tragic figure in the game on any playthrough that has you side against the brotherhood when you learn he's a synth

he dies defending the people that hate him the most, without ever realizing it

• Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    enormous danse spoilers
    Danse retroactively becomes the most tragic figure in the game on any playthrough that has you side against the brotherhood when you learn he's a synth

I was really surprised when I got back to sanctuary from that mission and he immediately shot me in the face to death. Thought it was bug for a moment and then realized what I'd just done probably wouldn't sit well with him.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    MegaMek wrote: »
    enormous danse spoilers

I was really surprised when I got back to sanctuary from that mission and he immediately shot me in the face to death. Thought it was bug for a moment and then realized what I'd just done probably wouldn't sit well with him.

yeah
    danse disapproves of dying.

oh you mean the otherthing.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I love the goofy smile every time you speak in the Shroud voice

I also like how you're so obviously doing everything improv, and that you're not very good at it!

I want to do this so badly, but I'm having a hard time justifying it for my character.

• Options
    TheStig wrote: »
    ZeEVy2t.png

Sure, I can help you fight those raiders, but first, put on these fucking sun glasses!

qg3Tdvl.pngUZRYmDk.png
    CKvrPW1.png7DYDXqQ.png

!!!!

Oh
    My
    God

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Hmm

I want to like the Institute so far, they seem like cool optimistic science people!

But then I think of the fact they're replacing people's loved ones with robots (for reasons I don't know yet) and it makes me wary

There's just no possible good reason for it. Like even if it's magic and doing that somehow cures cancer and turns barrels of radioactive sludge into wholesome bread, it's fucked

What happens to you in the Institute is pretty emblematic of their whole deal. They thoughtlessly subject you to some heinous psychological shit and then have a chat with you about it like they didn't even do something heinous

And then I go "Surprise fuckface! Guess what happens when you severely emotionally traumatise the worlds hungriest cannibal!" and then I ate livers

So you're basically Liver Eatin' Johnson, then.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    ZeEVy2t.png

qg3Tdvl.pngUZRYmDk.png
    CKvrPW1.png7DYDXqQ.png

!!!!

Oh
    My
    God

idgi

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    godmode wrote: »
    ZeEVy2t.png

qg3Tdvl.pngUZRYmDk.png
    CKvrPW1.png7DYDXqQ.png

!!!!

Oh
    My
    God

idgi

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096256/

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    godmode wrote: »
    ZeEVy2t.png

qg3Tdvl.pngUZRYmDk.png
    CKvrPW1.png7DYDXqQ.png

!!!!

Oh
    My
    God

idgi

http://youtu.be/kBY6pF42I-c

Edit: sidenote, I ended up on the They Live! IMDB forums, looking at topics. It's like 70% utterly earnest conspiracy theorists debating various conspiracy topics. So perfect. It's the film that keeps on giving.

Prohass on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Maybe minor companion spoilers?
    Are there any companions that you can eventually be locked out of getting? I don't think I made it very far into the BoS quests (I finished the mission where Danse sent me to collect the homing beacons, but that's it) and haven't gotten him as a companion yet, and then did the story part of Fort Hagen. Was I supposed to have recruited him before that?

I'm also having trouble picking up Hancock, only in that I have no idea what the hell to do. I've done a bunch of stuff around Goodneighbor, including the Silver Shroud, so he definitely likes me, I'm just wondering what the trigger quest is.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I just got Cait last night, and then proceeded to do two massive quests in a row where she disliked every decision I made. At least there was plenty to lockpick.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    I think I need to meet the Brotherhood. Jack thinks Danse is a jerk, but he needs allies to fight the Institute.

And I need to find fusion cores and a gauss gun.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited November 2015

I
    cait turns into yet another square when you do her quest

gotta give hancock a go I guess, once strong gives me his perk

I actually like Hancock.

He likes drugs and is generally a good guy but recognizes that some people just need their asses kicked.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Hancock is secretly the best, second only to Piper, Cait, Nick and Deacon.

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Hancock is secretly the best, second only to Dogmeat, Glory, Curie, Piper, Nick, Cait, Codsworth, Danse and Deacon.

Fixed

Vic on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Hancock is great in that his personality traits are pretty lock-step with what many people play as. Likeable and level-headed, and pretty moderate with everything. This could also lead to him getting boring pretty fast, though.

• Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Hmm

Can I do that part if my character's name is Fuckface, though? I feel like I want to give it a shot...

There's a list of around 1000 names Codsworth will actually say(not sure about other characters. I can't recall anyone else calling me John).

Fuckface is indeed on that list.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Codsworth/recognized_names

Skwigelf on
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Javen wrote: »
    Hancock is great in that his personality traits are pretty lock-step with what many people play as. Likeable and level-headed, and pretty moderate with everything. This could also lead to him getting boring pretty fast, though.

His second in command is an asshole though. I swear, if she starts going on about how I'm just a pawn in their great game one more time I'll figure out where she sleeps and plant an explosive surprise for her.

Vic on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Spoilers up through Reunions, I guess
    How does the Brotherhood stuff change if you do all the stuff for Danse before the big-ass ship shows up?

Does that questline just kinda stop cold, and they tell you to check in with him again once you see it?

6F32U1X.png
This discussion has been closed.