As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Red vs Blue: [Republican Primary] Edition

19596979899101»

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    -3%?

So you're saying there's a chance?

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    but the media isn't a good way to get voters to the polls.

You need volunteers, phone banks and a ground game.

That's doubly true for Iowa. getting someone to vote for you is one thing getting someone to sit in a caucus for 2 hours is another

Like that early Simpson's episode where Bart runs for class president, seems to have it in the bag, but loses because he doesn't ensure people actually vote.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Like putting too much air into a balloon!

It's so simple!

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Too much air means the balloon pops and spreads around the room.

Go Graham!

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Well, someone tried to pin Trump about his new BFF Putin. It...resulted on this exchange:
    "Well, I mean, it's also a person who kills journalists, political opponents, and invades countries. Obviously that would be a concern, would it not?" Scarborough asked.

"He's running his country, and at least he's a leader," Trump replied. "Unlike what we have in this country."

"But again: He kills journalists that don't agree with him," Scarborough said.

The Republican presidential front-runner said there was "a lot of killing going on" around the world and then suggested that Scarborough had asked him a different question.

"I think our country does plenty of killing, also, Joe, so, you know," Trump replied. "There's a lot of stupidity going on in the world right now, Joe. A lot of killing going on. A lot of stupidity. And that's the way it is. But you didn't ask me [that] question, you asked me a different question. So that's fine."

Scarborough was left visibly stunned.

"I'm confused," the MSNBC host said. "So I mean, you obviously condemn Vladimir Putin killing journalists and political opponents, right?"

"Oh sure, absolutely," Trump said.

So, there's that.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    So...which question did Joe not ask?

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    -3%?

So you're saying there's a chance?

A one in f64(4) where f(n)=3(↑)^n3 chance.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Grahams best bet is winning due to underflow error

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    You never know, with Diebold.

• Options
    SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular

What question didn't he ask? I mean, there's a lot going on. Lots of bad things. We're going to have to have a lot of people look at a lot of different things. There's a lot of problems, but, you know, there's just a lot and it's questions and many other things.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

The one Trump answered. What that question is, nobody but maybe Trump know.

I really loathe that Trump is now getting away with not only doing the bullshit deflect a question you don't want to answer into a question you have a sound bite for but also fucking explaining the rhetorical bullshit tactic while he's doing it.

Fuck, next time on Trump: "Well I don't want to answer the question so I'm gonna just call you a jerk in an ad hominem attack and that should get everybody to not look at what I don't have answers to, you hoooooge jerk."

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    madparrotmadparrot Registered User regular
    edited December 2015

The one Trump answered. What that question is, nobody but maybe Trump know.

I really loathe that Trump is now getting away with not only doing the bullshit deflect a question you don't want to answer into a question you have a sound bite for but also fucking explaining the rhetorical bullshit tactic while he's doing it.

Fuck, next time on Trump: "Well I don't want to answer the question so I'm gonna just call you a jerk in an ad hominem attack and that should get everybody to not look at what I don't have answers to, you hoooooge jerk."

Just another example of a rhetorical chicken coming home to roost. The GOP has spent decades demonizing the media to the point where now the media is powerless to stop the GOP's greatest enemy. Not even Fox News is immune - in the hearts of Trump supporters, Breitbart and Alex Jones now inhabit the spaces once occupied by Cronkite and Murrow.

madparrot on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

What question didn't he ask? I mean, there's a lot going on. Lots of bad things. We're going to have to have a lot of people look at a lot of different things. There's a lot of problems, but, you know, there's just a lot and it's questions and many other things.

OW MY BRAIN PLEASE

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Geth, close the thread.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Jacobkosh. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.