As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DOTA 2] The MOBA.

• Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Yilias wrote: »
    SNIP

Ok thanks Yilias. I've been working on my last hitting and in a completely free lane from level 1, it's at just above 6 a minute, and even that goes to shit when all the distractions show up. :(

As for Mek...I've beens tarting to analyse that maybe me and my low MMR brethren underbuy it? I guess I should get the utility stuff more often regardless of hero. I'm afraid of Mek with Timber's mana issues early game but oh well, lesson learned.

And we didn't tp back because Invo decided to base race and I really didn't have much to offer back at base sadly.

And yeah, I hate hearing 'the fundamentals', at least where it concerns stuff that I can't practice. I'll drill what I can - last hitting is sorta relaxing to practice, and I'm trying to incorporate checking the map into my last hitting - but I can't magically make my brain think better. *sigh*

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    If you have any kind of teamfight comp then you need a Mek. It's definitely not the ideal item build for Timber, but if the supports won't/can't get it then the utility core needs to take the hit.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    The WR set for doing the quest lines is amazing.

And the Ursa/Clinkz sets look like hot garbage.

• Options
    carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    So I bought into this whole Ticket thing for 10 bucks because I figured either early or not at all.
    I won a Crystal Maiden Arcana set from a raffle, which seems to be worth 20 bucks on the market... not a bad deal!

PSN | Steam
    ___
    NNID: carmofin
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    carmofin wrote: »
    So I bought into this whole Ticket thing for 10 bucks because I figured either early or not at all.
    I won a Crystal Maiden Arcana set from a raffle, which seems to be worth 20 bucks on the market... not a bad deal!

Yeah, I forgot about the rolls on the wheel. It might be worth me throwing a ton of money at it because I'd get about 17 rolls on the wheel and might get something worth the added expense. Still going to wait for a month or two to see what the other Immortals look like first.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    The WR set for doing the quest lines is amazing.

And the Ursa/Clinkz sets look like hot garbage.

I'm gonna get Clinkz just for the helmet. I prefer it to almost every other Clinkz head. It kinda has a "mad clown" vibe to it that I like. The bow is alright. The rest is a bit too much shininess though.

Agree on the rest though. WR is awesome and Ursa is ehhhhhh.

I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    i think ursa's set is good except for the helmet thing.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    My Twitch chat can be pretty funny sometimes when randos join.

7w0fptwmcvur.png

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    A friendly reminder that Twitch chat remains a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Just wall to wall assholes and people copy/pasting some of the dumbest shit I have ever seen.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    There's something strangely beautiful about twitch chat, it's like the unfettered id of the internet at large.

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Quick question for someone with the Battle Pass. On Rylai's wheel, is getting an Immortal Treasure one of the options? I only ask because if I do get it, I'd wait until the other 2 are released before trying the wheel.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I don't think so? At least I didn't notice them on there.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    übergeek wrote: »
    Quick question for someone with the Battle Pass. On Rylai's wheel, is getting an Immortal Treasure one of the options? I only ask because if I do get it, I'd wait until the other 2 are released before trying the wheel.

I could have sworn it was on there but might have just been a different treasure

Being playing a bit of timbersaw lately. Super fun. He is very hard to kill once you reach a certain point.

Been doing sort of an mss build, focusing on reactive armor and his q. Kind of awesome watching people blow through everything to try and bring you down and then turn around and blast them

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    There's something strangely beautiful about twitch chat, it's like the unfettered id of the internet at large.

fired

VishNub on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    blegh this move speed slow quest. got to 67 with drow. pain in the ass

ok managed to 2 star it with lifestealer. that was an ugly ugly game

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    blegh this move speed slow quest. got to 67 with drow. pain in the ass

ok managed to 2 star it with lifestealer. that was an ugly ugly game

Slow MS quest? Venomancer is the answer.

• Options
    JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    Veno, viper, does orb of venom count?

• Options
    I did it in one game with Earth Spirit.

• Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    This International ranked queue has got to be the most unbalanced shit ever. One game I'm up against 4.4K, the next is 3.2K. I don't mind playing either way but I basically have to pick a position and hope the rest of the team doesn't fuck up too badly.

Offlane as Tide or Bristle, stay even KDA in my lane but the Slark in safe lane goes 0-9 in the first 15 minutes. Next game I take PA and am free farming but our offlane CM/DK is getting wrecked and Viper mid loses hard to Tinker and rage quits.

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • Options
    JakorianJakorian Registered User regular
    6.87d:
    --
    * Doom cooldown increased from 125 to 140
    * Armlet health drain increased from 40 to 45 per second
    * Sun Ray cooldown increased from 20 to 26
    * Beastmaster Boar Attack Damage reduced from 15/30/45/60 to 10/25/40/55
    * Call of the Wild Hawk/Boar manacost increased from 15 to 25
    * Rolling Boulder slow duration reduced from 2 to 1.4/1.6/1.8/2.0
    * Lion's base intelligence reduced by 2
    * Track self bonus gold reduced from 200/275/350 to 170/260/350

Armlet nerfs make me sad.

• Options
    So has anyone gotten the windranger set? Debating on going the slightly longer top path vs. the more direct bottom. Just wondering how difficult it is for the aa quest.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Myiagros wrote: »
    This International ranked queue has got to be the most unbalanced shit ever. One game I'm up against 4.4K, the next is 3.2K. I don't mind playing either way but I basically have to pick a position and hope the rest of the team doesn't fuck up too badly.

Offlane as Tide or Bristle, stay even KDA in my lane but the Slark in safe lane goes 0-9 in the first 15 minutes. Next game I take PA and am free farming but our offlane CM/DK is getting wrecked and Viper mid loses hard to Tinker and rage quits.

I went like 7-3 and calibrated to 4k (regular is 5.4 and 5.2). It'll take time for all the mmrs to adjust.

• Options
    mts wrote: »
    So has anyone gotten the windranger set? Debating on going the slightly longer top path vs. the more direct bottom. Just wondering how difficult it is for the aa quest.

AA quest is easier than you think, get aghs and throw it down lanes from base and you'll rack up 7k super quick. I'm trying to three star that questline too because the alternate style for the windranger set is sick.

• Options
    Jakorian wrote: »
    6.87d:
    --

Was armlet that big a deal? Was it just too obnoxious at higher levels?

I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    Musicool wrote: »
    6.87d:
    --

It is being built in pretty much every pro game and was almost single handily the reason Lifestealer went from almost never to almost always picked.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Who-Psyd wrote: »
    Musicool wrote: »
    6.87d:
    --

It is being built in pretty much every pro game and was almost single handily the reason Lifestealer went from almost never to almost always picked.

Fair enough. Haven't watched the pro scene too much since 6.87. Thanks for the breakdown.

It's crazy how much just a few buffs in the right (or wrong) places can change the whole meta. If I were Icefrog I'd probably go crazy with all the pressure.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    You know, I give this game a ton of shit because of the community and just in general. But nothing feels better than rallying a team in single queue to push a 80 minute game against mega creeps to throne for a win. Especially against a Slark.

Spoilered for large:
    6hnigdc13y9z.png

FeelsGoodMan. Oh, and I also got the 8+/3 Arcane Runes quest done.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    woo, up to the windranger challenge for the set.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    E: Oops wrong thread

Yilias on
  • Options
    JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    I got 4 shackles, I might try going for the 3 star if I feel up for playing windrunner for 20 games in a row.

• Options
    I'm still three staring the other quests, I can't get in a decent enough game for me to offlane or jungle NP and farm Necrobook by 25 minutes without the team falling apart.

• Options
    I finished 3 starring the Clinkz questline, but I haven't started on the other 2 at all yet.

• Options
    I'm still three staring the other quests, I can't get in a decent enough game for me to offlane or jungle NP and farm Necrobook by 25 minutes without the team falling apart.

i missed it with lycan by like 30 seconds

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Manila Hyyyyyppppeeeee

• Options
    Got my windranger set first shot last night. Now to try and go for some of the others or try to 3 star

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Does echo saber work on illusions?

Was watching some manillia and thinking it might be a pretty decent item for PL if his illusions got the extra hit chance. it could spawn so many illusions

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    Man, secret got owned last night. Was not expecting such a dominant performance from Na'Vi. I don't know what's going on with Secret, but it just isn't coming together at all.

What's worse, it all seems to be coming from some really questionable decision making. Take EE's clinkz game, for example. Mechanically, it was clear that he was on a completely different level than DityaRa for the first half of the game. But his decision making and teamfight execution was abysmal. I don't really know what they need to do to fix their team other than a really general "do everything better".

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    It seems every patch since the last major Team Secret just hasn't been able to adapt to it. They've become way too predictable and then they (Envy) try to force things and fail. The one game they won (out of five) they drafted differently and looked on point, but all they others they were just flat out bad.

• Options
    Sceptre wrote: »
    Man, secret got owned last night. Was not expecting such a dominant performance from Na'Vi. I don't know what's going on with Secret, but it just isn't coming together at all.

What's worse, it all seems to be coming from some really questionable decision making. Take EE's clinkz game, for example. Mechanically, it was clear that he was on a completely different level than DityaRa for the first half of the game. But his decision making and teamfight execution was abysmal. I don't really know what they need to do to fix their team other than a really general "do everything better".

It's a serious problem when your carry has 8k networth at 25 minutes because he spent the whole game wandering around. That's 300 GPM, that's like ward bitch level farm!

• Options
    Did you guys watch the DC vs Navi series? Best one so far. Incredibly tense games there

camo_sig.png