Options

[Forza] Horizon 5 - That Went Well - Retired

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I know this is a basic question, but are you using rewind? For the trickier boards I've gotten so far, I have found it incredibly useful to rewind 1 or 2 ticks, which will let me just barely adjust my angle I to the hill until I get it. It also saves having to drive back. If the issues is that you aren't getting enough speed to overshoot it, that might be time to look into an off-road tuning.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    If you overshoot it, rewind and slow down a bit?

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I forget that rewind exists outside of actual races.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I forget that rewind exists outside of actual races.

It really depends on the mindset I'm in. Like if I'm fucking around and just cruising around, I don't use rewind. I also want to get to the point of turning it off in races (I try to avoid using it in multiplayer because you're already fucked if you miss a checkpoint). But it definitely is useful if you are just SO close to succeeding at something.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I spent a lot of wasted time circling back for some of those boards before realizing you could just rewind and retry immediately.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I spent a lot of wasted time circling back for some of those boards before realizing you could just rewind and retry immediately.
    Yeah same, rewind is useful for some of the really tricky boards like the one above

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Yea, any board you have to make a jump for, 1000% using the rewind on it.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Yeah you basically rewind jump, rewind, jump until you nail it.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    The hardest board for me was the one like halfway up that power line tower

• Options
    FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    It took so many tries to get on top of the roof at the beach hotel for me

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Did my first Super 7.

... Kiiinda disappointed. It was like doing a really milquetoast Super Mario Maker run. Like... 5 of the challenges were to jump off a danger sign at full speed. Another one was "you have 5 minutes to drive down the highway about 3 miles." And the last one was "Take a photo for the achievement!" but the actual goal was to hit a speed trap at an easily reachable speed.

Kinda sucks. Hopefully by beating the first set, and disliking most of them, I'll get some more variety.

• Options
    Fiskebent wrote: »
    It took so many tries to get on top of the roof at the beach hotel for me

I kept going from the wrong jump before I concluded it was too far and noticed another elevated area I could climb.

I don't mind the super 7 being easy because its just a fun diversion. I had someone do like "do 150k drifting in a minute" and yeah fuck that.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    ...I completely forgot that rewind was a thing while doing that.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Attempted the monthly rivals and I’m feeling very comfortable with the -00:00.050 time advantage I put up over Preacher. He has no chance to get the lead back.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »
    Attempted the monthly rivals and I’m feeling very comfortable with the -00:00.050 time advantage I put up over Preacher. He has no chance to get the lead back.

You're welcome for that! The rival I chose had me beat by 10 seconds flat and I just gave up.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    uh weird cropping thing + flip.
    https://youtu.be/SaOaHcS-7Z8

Xbox game bar can't even record its own games correctly. /shrug

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i pressed the secret kickflip button

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    So we've all been struggling with the fact that you had 10 seconds to join a convoy event. Ebo found out that if you go to settings > Accessibility > and increase the "Notification Duration" from 1 to 3 or greater. Then it will give you a ton more time to accept an invite.
    So. Silly.

• Options
    FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    "No compatible Forza Horizon 5 multiplayer servers found" :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    500 Cacti to smack in the Wet Season... that's..a lot. >.< Added 150 today and I'll probably just pick up 50-100 a day until I get it done.

The Trailblazer treasure chest thingy hit me. I did all the trailblazers to 3 stars (including many I'd never done) and nada on the path to the treasure chest.

• Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Did my first Super 7.

... Kiiinda disappointed. It was like doing a really milquetoast Super Mario Maker run. Like... 5 of the challenges were to jump off a danger sign at full speed. Another one was "you have 5 minutes to drive down the highway about 3 miles." And the last one was "Take a photo for the achievement!" but the actual goal was to hit a speed trap at an easily reachable speed.

Kinda sucks. Hopefully by beating the first set, and disliking most of them, I'll get some more variety.

I did my first today not knowing what to expect.

My first was a somewhat challenging 5 min hillclimb, second was a 4 minute rally I made with 15 seconds to spare. Got into it, ok, these are basically a series of challenges.

Next was a short drag race where the challenge was getting out of an Austin powers parking job quickly enough.

Then running over like a half mile of cacti in a drag race.

Then a bunch of stuff in German or Finnish or some shit, I dunno, I beat it.

The seventh was something in another language and I saw what I thought was 5 minute in there so I burned it and ended up with 'do a sick jump'and get 2300 points in 90 seconds or something equally easy.

The first two were the best.

• Options
    Somehow, just maybe, I suspect I was playing with a cheater.

zckGr6Th.png

... I wonder how to report them.

• Options
    ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    So we've all been struggling with the fact that you had 10 seconds to join a convoy event. Ebo found out that if you go to settings > Accessibility > and increase the "Notification Duration" from 1 to 3 or greater. Then it will give you a ton more time to accept an invite.
    So. Silly.

Finally my superpower of being easily distracted comes in handy!

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Sigh, struggling in Rivals against a -1s Studbone time and I'm starting to think I should use more competitive tunes/cars to see if it helps. I don't wanna drive the fucking Hot Wheels car though.

Tumin on
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Holy Hell!

Nmdyg8a.png

... Also I absolutely adore that the red nose glows at night.

Edit:

Jesus.

I just got the harder accolade, where you have to complete 3 trailblazers in 4 minutes (excluding the first track time).

Picking a well-suited car helped a TON, because I could go 170MPH offroad. Which REALLY helped because I barely missed attempt #1 on the 3rd trailblazer, so I swung around and did it again. In other words, I just did FOUR trailbreakers in that damned time limit!

Edit 2: I feel like a fucking idiot.

I had no clue why the 14th barn find rumor wasn't appearing for me, even after a couple weeks of pretty heavy play.

So I finally get out a guide and start checking the locations, and get to the '53 Chevy Corvette... and the barn has a ? symbol on it.

Hell. I found it but never drove up to it! Wonderful going, Ath!

Athenor on
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    That '53 Chevy Corvette threw me for a loop with its 2 speed transmission.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    What’s the clue mean for the treasure hunt thing this season?

• Options
    Prohass wrote: »
    What’s the clue mean for the treasure hunt thing this season?

Nothing right now its literally broken.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Tumin wrote: »
    Sigh, struggling in Rivals against a -1s Studbone time and I'm starting to think I should use more competitive tunes/cars to see if it helps. I don't wanna drive the fucking Hot Wheels car though.

If you look at the top of the leader board past the non-cheat rivals times you'll usually find a reasonable variety of cars. You'll definitely see the typical Boneshaker, but there are others. I've been trying out some of the tunes for the other cars with leaderboard times and I think the general idea is shove as much power into a car as possible while leaving it just barely able to turn enough then just do a course a ton until you hit all the flags just right.

They are pretty boring tunes IMO. The variety of cars should at least give you an idea of a starting point of what is somewhat competitive.
    Personally I find it fun to make a more handling tune and then try and make up all the time in the corners on these cars that just blow me away in the straights. It still takes a far number of laps to figure exactly where you can and can't carry speed.

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    I have an A800 BMW 1M tune that I’m pretty proud of. I typically hit weight reduction, suspension, tires, and gearing in that order. When doing engine mods, I prioritize mods that also reduce weight (exhaust and intake are the two biggest ones here.) The Bimmer absolutely rips around corners while having enough speed to carry through all but the longest straights.

Look up my user name and tell me what you think!

• Options
    Just logged in to a message saying they are hoping to get another round of fixes out tomorrow. I suspect the trailblazer issue is gonna be front and center.. so keep an eye out!

• Options
    Hmm my forza keeps crashing when I start a game, over and over, even after a hard reset

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Just logged in to a message saying they are hoping to get another round of fixes out tomorrow. I suspect the trailblazer issue is gonna be front and center.. so keep an eye out!

Turns out, nope! still broken lmao

Zxerol on
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Today's updates mention a hotfix, but there is also a 2.2GB download - which isn't my definition of a hotfix, but whatever. :D Dunno if it is the same thing.

I will note that there is already a TON more traffic. I didn't know this game had busses in it!

the notice about the hotfix in the message center directly calls out the Horizon Festival issues. Hopefully they find a way to allow people to get those retroactively.

Edit: For the Mixology daily, it turns out you don't need to complete the events, just start them. I found a wild one involving T-rexes in a storm that the AI absolutely hated but I had a lot of fun with. My next one, I thought I managed to dodge all the "Easy seasonal" and "easy money" races, but when I got into it the track length was increased by the driving line doing massive lefts and rights, causing the AI to be worthless. So I quit out.

When I started the third race, I got the Mixology award. It was a fun drive through Baja, though they really wanted you to stay on the track in the corners so the checkpoints were super close. Which sucked because only 2 were visible at a time, so you saw lots of pop-in.

The random first event did find me my last 5,000 XP board, I think! Or at least I'm really close. 5 more boards to go according to the popups. I found all the fast Travel boards without resorting to hints, which was nice.

Athenor on
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    Stormy t-rex race sounds like Run, Nedry! Run!

This is the rule that doesn't seem to work in Wendy's:

zGrBmax.png

I am a little frustrated.

• Options
    edited December 2021
    Hmmm.. Do you have any other rules that are triggering race end?

Really seeing all the rules would help with debug.

Athenor on
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Faffing with tunes and trying to deconstruct some top tunes online (Trying to do a RWD Z4 tune to break Baria 0:48 :/) (and there are Hotwheels alternatives so that's nice)

There are a lot of tricks to PI and speed and I feel like they are pretty blah. Centrifugal supercharger seems underpriced (making the engines with it better but then I gotta write down a bunch of data for each), getting a wing for free track improvement (maybe some sprints it hurts?) basically, pricing on horsepower across the range of RPMs being kind of whacky.

Ugh I feel like I fell past the interesting tuning part and into a math game rabbit hole.

Tumin on
  • Options
    Finished in first in the last trials match up 500 points, and somehow we then lost by 800 points by the time everyone crossed the line.

I hate this

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Finished in first in the last trials match up 500 points, and somehow we then lost by 800 points by the time everyone crossed the line.

I hate this

I wonder if joining the trial as a convoy would help. Just to eliminate the rando factor.

• Options
    Knight_ wrote: »

I hate this

I wonder if joining the trial as a convoy would help. Just to eliminate the rando factor.

Almost certainly, I mean I’m usually near the back of our races and I’m usually at the front of the trial. But you usually just need like one other person who is competent and you’re ok, so they’re fairly doable, my next attempt went fine.

aeNqQM9.jpg