Options

surreality[chat]

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I experimented a bunch with the Steam Link, today. Even with everything hard wired I have not been able to get a picture quality superior to what I get with the XB1/PS4; it can get pretty damn close, though.

So, if you have a decent PC that's not in your living room and don't want to buy a new console, that's a might be a decent way to spend $50.

@Quid did you ever get yours to play nice with your controller?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Lunge wildly at the president

"No no it's okay for me to jump this fence, I'm with the government."

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    So, my brother and I have this holiday arrangement where I just buy him what he wants, and he just buys me what I wants. No gift-wrapping, no waiting until Christmas, just straight-up equivalent exchange. He's my only sibling, so this makes gift-giving really easy (We've had this arrangement since High School, so a couple of decades).

This year, I requested (and am receiving) a Logitech G910 Orion keyboard (which my brother got at 50% off! Go Capitalism!), a new SSD for my PC, and a bone conducting headset (mostly for chat, as I hear they are great for voice, but lousy for music).

He requested a... knife sharpening kit and some stones. This WOULD worry me, except that it's a reprise of a prior gift back in 2012. I'm like "Wait. Do sharpening stones have an expiration date?" I mean, I guess eventually they would wear down and such, but still... I have a plain non-fancy knife sharpening stone at my house, and it barely looks used.

Maybe he lost it, and needs a new one. I don't know.

Cutting through human bone dulls knives rather quickly.

• Options
    Elki wrote: »
    I experimented a bunch with the Steam Link, today. Even with everything hard wired I have not been able to get a picture quality superior to what I get with the XB1/PS4; it can get pretty damn close, though.

So, if you have a decent PC that's not in your living room and don't want to buy a new console, that's a might be a decent way to spend $50.

@Quid did you ever get yours to play nice with your controller?

Wired Xbone controller yes but last I tried the wireless adapter didn't work with it.

• Options
    KneelKneel Ten thick coats Registered User regular
    I had to sit through Hotel Transylvania 2 today.

My brain.

Want to see more of Kneel's slapdash slatherings?
    Visit him at Monstrous Pigments' Instagram and Facebook pages!
    3EnCIQg.jpg
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Ahaha Quid I just planned out my route for the day

I am a glutton

So much food, so little walking

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    So, my brother and I have this holiday arrangement where I just buy him what he wants, and he just buys me what I wants. No gift-wrapping, no waiting until Christmas, just straight-up equivalent exchange. He's my only sibling, so this makes gift-giving really easy (We've had this arrangement since High School, so a couple of decades).

This year, I requested (and am receiving) a Logitech G910 Orion keyboard (which my brother got at 50% off! Go Capitalism!), a new SSD for my PC, and a bone conducting headset (mostly for chat, as I hear they are great for voice, but lousy for music).

He requested a... knife sharpening kit and some stones. This WOULD worry me, except that it's a reprise of a prior gift back in 2012. I'm like "Wait. Do sharpening stones have an expiration date?" I mean, I guess eventually they would wear down and such, but still... I have a plain non-fancy knife sharpening stone at my house, and it barely looks used.

Maybe he lost it, and needs a new one. I don't know.

Cutting through human bone dulls knives rather quickly.

You should get your brother a big clever.

Clevers split bone rather than cutting, so they don't need to really be kept very sharp.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Quid, what's the name of where we're going again?

Mazzyx what's the name of where Shivahn and I are going?

Daikaiya?

Daikaya

http://daikaya.com/

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

I am a glutton

Very happy it's so close to Union.

Just gonna roll over to the train platform.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    The GF and I agreed to not give gifts this year which is good for me because I'm kinda broke and I am an extremely hard person to buy gifts for.

I'm sure we'll still give each other little heartfelt things but definitely not big ticket items. Maybe I'll get her like a $40 sephora giftcard too.

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Quid wrote: »

I am a glutton

Very happy it's so close to Union.

Just gonna roll over to the train platform.

Sucker, it's even closer to the chinatown one

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Do Norwegians have surfing

Everyone should surf down the mountain

We do

uas-frontpage-fp.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Hm. Customer called in saying his security system stopped working.

It requires port forwards. All the forwards are pointing to the public IP address AND are inclusive of over eight thousand ports.

Methinks he set it up incorrectly.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    The GF and I agreed to not give gifts this year which is good for me because I'm kinda broke and I am an extremely hard person to buy gifts for.

I'm sure we'll still give each other little heartfelt things but definitely not big ticket items. Maybe I'll get her like a $40 sephora giftcard too.

Whenever I've done the 'no gift' thing, they always tell me they're disappointed I didn't spend $50-100 on them.

Bitch, what does 'no gift' mean to you?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »

is... is that good?

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Hm. Customer called in saying his security system stopped working.

It requires port forwards. All the forwards are pointing to the public IP address AND are inclusive of over eight thousand ports.

Methinks he set it up incorrectly.

probably got a new router on black friday

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

is... is that good?

good in a bad way

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Sleep

• Options
    Holy shit. Off the train and right on time to catch the metro with no tourists just standing in the way.

IT'S A POST THANKSGIVING MIRACLE.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Sleep

No, no. Is morning!

Although I just got back home after spending the night at my brother's house and

My bed IS awfully comfortable ...

*burrows into blanket burrito*

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited November 2015

bowen wrote: »

Whenever I've done the 'no gift' thing, they always tell me they're disappointed I didn't spend $50-100 on them.

Bitch, what does 'no gift' mean to you?

You should try not dating awful people

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

Give her the Gift of the Magi. If you know what I mean. :winky:

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    The H/A thread on Sorority secrets just keeps getting better and better as the years pass. It's like a wine that has aged well. :D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    My city is featured in a documentary on heroin addiction produced by the VA attorney general. Yay?

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    My city is featured in a documentary on heroin addiction produced by the VA attorney general. Yay?

Lookit this Hollywood bigshot

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    cB557 on
  • Options
    Not even gonna lie: At least 25% of the reason I'm watching Ohio Michigan is for Harbaugh reaction gifs in realtime

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Leitner wrote: »
    CUqHakZXAAA7c8R.jpg

Fuck you Miura.

I constantly worry he's going to die before finishing this damn series. Or I will. The series is over a quarter century old at this point.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

is... is that good?

No.

It has some good stuff in the beginning and was some version of "watchable" for most seasons (mainly because of guest actors in some cases) but the last season was amazingly bad. Like, the quintessential example of fucking up the landing. It didn't just fall on it's ass, it shattered both femurs and somehow punched through the mat and the concrete below to end up in a sewer, head down.

Showtime is just delusional.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Man I don't think I'll ever get used to rugby style punters, every time I see it I go "oh shit bad snap!"

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options

is... is that good?

No.

It has some good stuff in the beginning and was some version of "watchable" for most seasons (mainly because of guest actors in some cases) but the last season was amazingly bad. Like, the quintessential example of fucking up the landing. It didn't just fall on it's ass, it shattered both femurs and somehow punched through the mat and the concrete below to end up in a sewer, head down.

Season 1-4 are some awesome goddamn television though.

Season 5 should've been the last.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

is... is that good?

No.

I remember watching the first season and thinking it was really good

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Sleep

Is a good band

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

is... is that good?

No.

I remember watching the first season and thinking it was really good

Yup. I can see arguments all the way up to 7 being watchable TV with earlier season actually being good. Season 8 can only really be enjoyed by MST3K-ing it up and even then the finale is more WTF than anything.

Tomanta posted this after the Series Finale aired and it captures it perfectly. It has massive spoilers but really, you shouldn't care.
    Tomanta wrote: »
    I had a similar idea, only it goes "Which of these does NOT happen in the final episode?"
    a) Dexter abandons his son, leaving him in the care of his fugitive murderer girlfriend in Argentina
    b) Dexter goes on the run after Miami Metro Homicide discovers he is the Bay Harbor Butcher
    c) Dexter fakes his death by driving his boat into a hurricane
    d) Dexter becomes a lumberjack
    e) Dexter murders someone in a police station, on camera, and is not even arrested.
    f) Dexter steals Debra's body from the hospital by just walking out with it and dumps it into the ocean.

I'm thinking it is impossible to pass without seeing the episode.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Leitner wrote: »
    CUqHakZXAAA7c8R.jpg

Fuck you Miura.

I constantly worry he's going to die before finishing this damn series. Or I will. The series is over a quarter century old at this point.

It doesn't really seem like something he wants to work on anymore

Like the early chapters are kinda rough

But after that he really went on a stretch where almost every arc was just incredible

The Serpico and Farnese flashback story might just be my favorite single comic ever

The recent chapters have no pathos though. It feels like it's turning more into just an adventure story or something.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    What series is that

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    What series is that

Berserk

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I walk up to security at the very small Lexington airport. The only people there besides security are a couple who are just making it to the end of the completely unnecessary maze of fabric-connected posts. They kiss, then hug, and the dude leaves. The security lady smiles and says "aww, that's sweet" as she checks the girl's ID. They make pleasant small talk, then the lady hands the girl her boarding pass and ID and says "Well, only a few weeks until Christmas!"

I walk up with my ID and boarding pass in hand and greet her with a pleasant "Good afternoon!" She frowns and asks for my ID and boarding pass, which I am already holding out to her. No conversation is made as she closely examines my ID and compares the picture to my face. As she hands my documents back, she reminds me to throw away the empty bottle of water I'm holding in my other hand. A cheery "Thanks, have a nice day" is ignored entirely.

This single-during-the-holidays prejudice...

vRyue2p.png
This discussion has been closed.