As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

surreality[chat]

• Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    CUqHakZXAAA7c8R.jpg

Fuck you Miura.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    There was one glaring omission of my friends who wished me happy birthday yesterday

Hrmmm

poo
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    milski wrote: »
    milski wrote: »
    Apparently an easyjet flight was delayed by a couple of hours because a child saw another passenger writing Arabic in a notebook (wait for it, it's not what you think), and found this sufficiently scary that their panic attack required the flight to be held.

That certainly says something.

Also worth observing that the papers reporting on this make a point of saying that the person in question had a legitimate reason to be writing in Arabic. Which says something else, I feel.

I'm still waiting, because "extreme racism" is exactly what I thought wold happen.

Heh. Usually how these go is that the airline or some busybody member of staff cause the ruckus.

It's interesting because here we're talking about a child that is literally living in terror and they've evidently picked that up from somewhere. It would be interesting to examine how their ideas about terrorism and specifically islamic terrorism were formed.

I'd guess either their parents are open racists, or their parents dogwhistle about terrorism enough the kid understood "Muslims and Arabic are scary" without the veneer of civility their parents could put on.

Part of what would make it an interesting question is that I'm pretty sure that a child could form those opinions even in the absence of their parents being shitheads.

The media, especially the tabloids, has got noticeably less fussy about the misleading conflation of Muslims and terrorists in recent years. There's also the fact that kids tend to pick up on the intended meaning when people euphemise. There's lots of ways it could happen.

Vocal cord parasites.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    There was one glaring omission of my friends who wished me happy birthday yesterday

Hrmmm

oh sorry about that. it wont happen again.

happy belated birthday

Neco on
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Please, Dr. Predator knows more about spines than Subbie ever will.

Yea but it always gets awkward when he tries to kiss you.

Predators in varsity-jackets.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

Hrmmm

I-I didn't know what to say Baka I'm sorry ._.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    Someone I know just posted something in all caps that links to vaccinetruth.org

I am positive that it is a well researched and reasonable post.

Yesterday I heard a guy at work complain about mercury in vaccines, saying "It might not cause autism, but it can't be good".

I wanted to shout out "eating iron nails is super bad for you, but your blood cells need iron for fucking hemoglobin. A goddamn molecule containing mercury is not the same as fucking mercury."

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Rasslin was good fun. Glad I got dressed and went outside today.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    I fuck mercury all the time

• Options
    My stomach is confused

Am I hungry????

This always happens

poo
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »

Yea she looks like shes down

Sailor_Mercury_(Super_S).png

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Tav wrote: »
    Someone I know just posted something in all caps that links to vaccinetruth.org

I am positive that it is a well researched and reasonable post.

Yesterday I heard a guy at work complain about mercury in vaccines, saying "It might not cause autism, but it can't be good".

I wanted to shout out "eating iron nails is super bad for you, but your blood cells need iron for fucking hemoglobin. A goddamn molecule containing mercury is not the same as fucking mercury."

People failing chemistry class having wrong opinions? Why I never.

• Options
    I am tho confused a friend didn't even text me
    Last year this friend facetimed me on bday

HAVE WE DRIFTED APART

Sigh I need to make a decision about job

poo
  • Options
    Whenever someone I know gets engaged I get more sad than happy I feel like

poo
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Leitner wrote: »
    CUqHakZXAAA7c8R.jpg

Fuck you Miura.

I stopped reading, like, 4 years ago. I am assuming not much has happened since then?

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

So go out on the street and propose to the first comely woman you see, then marry her and stay together forever.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    i have to admit

59p lidl veggie pizza is the shit

it may even help me to give up meat for lunch

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Not a day goes by I don't wish I could disable drafts. Or have them be selectable rather then the default, like a button which loads a draft if one is available.

• Options
    Neco wrote: »

If I remember right, being around exposed mercury in room-temperature for a long time is worse than drinking it.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Not a day goes by I don't wish I could disable drafts. Or have them be selectable rather then the default, like a button which loads a draft if one is available.

a

• Options
    I'm Sony4life, but I've got to say I am surprised by how the exclusive numbers have looked so far. MS has way more than Sony does this gen by my count. And yet PS4 is handily outselling Xbone. Maybe this shows that exclusives aren't that important anymore and people mostly want the big name multiplatform games, which kind of attacks the entire concept of there being competing consoles.

• Options

So go out on the street and propose to the first comely woman you see, then marry her and stay together forever.

Then wouldn't I just make myself sad

poo
  • Options
    Xbone had a rough start, and Microsoft were basically promoting Sony for a while.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    I'm Sony4life, but I've got to say I am surprised by how the exclusive numbers have looked so far. MS has way more than Sony does this gen by my count. And yet PS4 is handily outselling Xbone. Maybe this shows that exclusives aren't that important anymore and people mostly want the big name multiplatform games, which kind of attacks the entire concept of there being competing consoles.
    bloodborne is that good

• Options
    I feel like even with this counter offer I ought to take the new job, if I'm thinking long term, though it pains me to do so, due to what an awesome place it is to work...

My gut days tho, take the new job: Entirely because my confidence in future of company is iffy
    But who knows

There's no wrong decision here

Either way I'm making 20-25% more than I was a month ago

This not the worst problem
    Not stressing about it now at least

poo
  • Options
    Maybe I'll get a PS4 someday because that's what my friends got

But I like Xbox controllers more

poo
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular

The worst is when you post and it saves what you just posted as a draft.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    I feel like even with this counter offer I ought to take the new job, if I'm thinking long term, though it pains me to do so, due to what an awesome place it is to work...

My gut days tho, take the new job: Entirely because my confidence in future of company is iffy
    But who knows

There's no wrong decision here

Either way I'm making 20-25% more than I was a month ago

This not the worst problem
    Not stressing about it now at least

If you are worried about the future of the company, then the new job may be the best bet. Being in a new place with new people may also be refreshing.

• Options
    Maybe I'll get a PS4 someday because that's what my friends got

But I like Xbox controllers more

I liked the 360 controller better than the dual shock 3, but the dual shock 4 is awesome. I think the Xbone controller is good too, but I would say this is the first gen where there isn't a winner and loser in the control department.

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    first world problems why

when people ask you what you want for xmas and you pretend to need something cheap even though you don't because that seems like the least bad solution

why isn't it okay to not have someone very kindly waste their money on you

like, if i said i don't need anything and wouldn't hold receiving nothing against you why can't that be okay

expectations why

• Options
    815165 wrote: »
    first world problems why

when people ask you what you want for xmas and you pretend to need something cheap even though you don't because that seems like the least bad solution

like, if i said i don't need anything and wouldn't hold receiving nothing against you why can't that be okay

expectations why

It's nice we barely give gifts in my family for the sake of giving gifts

Half time it make no sense

It really makes most sense with little kiddos

poo
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    first world problems why

expectations why

you can ask them to give to charity in your name, but people often don't love that either

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Alazull wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    ate pretty well on thanksgiving (for how I like to eat). mostly meat and veggies, still enjoyed some dessert.

my dad (my parents are split and I was with my mom's family this year) asks if I want him to bring leftovers. I say anything meat or veg and I'll be happy!

he walks in the door with a big ol' container of... homemade gnocchi

well. I'm fucked.

sooo goooooooooooooooooooood

You need to be allergic to something in the gnocchi to ever make it acceptable to turn down homemade gnocchi.

Still would not be acceptable

Eat the delicious gnocchi and die happy

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    first world problems why

expectations why

Because we are capitalist slaves.

And also because giving gifts to people you love is a nice feeling.

• Options
    Honestly, at this point my strong preference for Sony over MS is basically like my religion. It's part of my identity that I just automatically accept and that shapes my behavior, but which I don't really think about much and which I fully recognize it my preference for historical reasons.

I still have a lot of anger towards the shifts in the industry that MS caused and wish that they had never made a console, but that doesn't really have a bearing on the modern consoles. Everything was already ruined so. . .

• Options
    mmmm gnocchi

i wanna go to an italian's thanksgiving

some dude i know who has family who like have italian restaurant in nyc posted pics

this porchetta it looked so good

this pasta with tuscan truffles

da fuqqqq

poo
  • Options
    I haven't paid attention to the consoles lately, but i have not had any reason to go with an xbox over a playstation since ever. I go with sony, then Nintendo as a secondary.

I mean...if I didn't have a pc I mean.

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    I am always kind of surprised when I remember that Sony has a console too. It's not that I've entirely forgotten it exists, but I've never owned a Sony console so they're relegated to the status of "also ran" in my mind.

If I want a console, I'll buy a Nintendo one, and if I want a second I'll buy Microsoft's one. If I want a third one I've clearly lost the run of myself and I should have a good hard look in the mirror.

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.