Well as promised I would return to this thread to share with you what the top two favourite badges will be following the voting in the New year. 36 votes were cast and I thank everyone for chipping in their opinions, it means a lot and also aids in the community led process of making these badges a reality. So without further ado, here are the results:Kickstarter
- 17%Let's Play
- 19%Free to Wear
- 28%Early Access
This means that the top three are Early Access, Free to Wear and Let's Play.
Here are the three mock up prototypes for each forum badge type. Please vote and make comment on them. I shall be adding rear images soon, but the front is somewhat more important as that is shown off more than the back of the badge.Let's Play Channel:
Free to Wear:
Original post hid beneath spoiler below:
Every year each PAX gets its own badge and unique design. For PAX Prime 2015 we went for Atari VCS box. For PAX East 2016 I have the following suggestions for the PAX Forum Badge:
1) Kickstarter Badge - Fictional crowd funded badge that will have all the trappings of Kickstarter without actually having the stress of getting funding in the first place.
2) Let's Play - The rise and rise of YouTube and Twitch is something that has impacted us all, this badge will be a kind of channel for all of us forum members.
3) Free to Wear Forum badge - While its technically free to wear and own the Forum badge there will be some micro-transaction related stuff on the badge as a means to poke fun at this funding model.
4) Early Access Forum badge - Partially finished badge that barely passes as one.
5) MOBA Forum badge - 3 channels, two bases and two teams, what could possibly go wrong? Oh I dunno....EVERYTHING!
Let me know what ones work for you by responding to this message and I'll pick the top 3 to develop into draft images. We'll then vote to see which out of those three we go with. Over to you, you amazing community of fun loving people you!