Options

Shooting at [San Bernardino] social services building (READ OP)

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    What are you guys watching?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    I'm watching this: http://abc7.com/live/

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Emissary42Emissary42 Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    What are you guys watching?

The chopper feed is from KABC.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    wait what?

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    wait what?

Police chased a black SUV, shootout ensued, at least one suspect let's say disabled, but probably dead. SUV very much shot up.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    1 on foot.

The caught the bastards- had a stand off. Massive shootout. 1 cop injured thus far. 1 badguy down in car, 1 down in street. They are bringing in swat van to be sure the car guy is done fighting.

1 on foot.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Emissary42Emissary42 Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    1 on foot.

The caught the bastards- had a stand off. Massive shootout. 1 cop injured thus far.

1 on foot.

Seems one is in the car (driver's seat).

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Okay.... bravo news for moving the chopper on purpose to obscure the body.

fatalities 14, wounded 17 from update going on during fire fight.....

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    I am darkly amused to see the suspects' SUV has it's hazard lights on now.

• Options
    Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular
    I am darkly amused to see the suspects' SUV has it's hazard lights on now.

The windshield wipers still going with the windshield shot to hell was a bit surreal.

• Options
    Okay.... bravo news for moving the chopper on purpose to obscure the body.

fatalities 14, wounded 17 from update going on during fire fight.....

Yeah that was at least nice of him to hide the horrific violence.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    They spotted the guy on foot running just a second ago.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    Bearcats rolling in on SUV.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    CNN has a perfect little line right below the big Breaking News image.

"Obama reacts... again"

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    CNN has a perfect little line right below the big Breaking News image.

"Obama reacts... again"

At this point, he should just send Luther out to handle these responses.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    suspect in car breathing.

un-detonated pipe bomb found.... lotttttts of planning.....

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Also we've just had two major mass shootings in under a week.

It's time to fucking do something.

• Options
    Wow so a possible unrelated person hit a truck full of water intended for victims.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Wow so a possible unrelated person hit a truck full of water intended for victims.

The luck.... irony.... whatever you wanna call it....

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

When you say hit do you mean "shot up" or just that there was a traffic accident?

I'm not going to begrudge somebody a traffic accident that happened at the same time as something horrible.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Also I know there is a drought on, but like when you turn on a sink in california does lit just like rattle and spit dust out or something?

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    milski wrote: »

When you say hit do you mean "shot up" or just that there was a traffic accident?

I'm not going to begrudge somebody a traffic accident that happened at the same time as something horrible.

Car accident, apparently its where the pursuit started. They have the guy who hit the car in custody. So its possible he was a suspect or just an unrelated person involved in an accident that spooked the actual shooters.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Cameraman also knows guns at least a little bit, he called the long rifle to be an hk or its variant. So hopefully there won't be too many dumb "LOL MEDIA SAID AK!"

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Cameraman also knows guns at least a little bit, he called the long rifle to be an hk or its variant. So hopefully there won't be too many dumb "LOL MEDIA SAID AK!"

Is there some gun thing I am unaware of where the police and news media refereed to them as "long guns" vs "assault rifles"?

SGT DOG is on the scene! Do not send in that dog before clearing the car......

mojojoeo on
  • Options

Is there some gun thing I am unaware of where the police and news media refereed to them as "long guns" vs "assault rifles"?

Assault Rifle is a subjective term. Long Rifle I believe is the more accurate term (being its a rifle that's long). But the usual gun complaint is that the media calls every rifle an AK.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Ive saw it reported in the firs 20 minutes as an AK variant it is still the go to buzzword. Of course early reporting crappiness.

Jubal77 on
  • Options

Cameraman said they won't risk the dog. I guess apparently the thought at the point was to have the dog bite the suspect to see if he's alive or dead, they decided against it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Ive saw it reported in the firs 20 minutes as an AK variant it is still the go to buzzword. Of course early reporting crappiness.

I saw an early one was actually an eyewitness unfamiliar with guns.... So...

Assault Rifle is a subjective term. Long Rifle I believe is the more accurate term (being its a rifle that's long). But the usual gun complaint is that the media calls every rifle an AK.

this is not the gun debate thread, meaning i did not want to go that route.... I just found it weird...

Suspect on second level of parking structure.

mojojoeo on
  • Options

Technically, Assault Rifles refer only to select fire(full auto). This gets confused all the time because the Assault Weapons Ban, categorized semi-auto guns with a bunch of cosmetic/accessory features(like 3 out of a list of 9 or something) as "Assault Weapons". So in daily use it can mean those too.

The amount of stupid arguing over this is...not worth it.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    5 minutes for the chopper apparently.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »

I saw an early one was actually an eyewitness unfamiliar with guns.... So...

this is not the gun debate thread, meaning i did not want to go that route.... I just found it weird...

Suspect on second level of parking structure.

Cornered himself in a parking structure

• Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular

In my experience military automatic rifles are assault rifles and bolt action rifle are long rifles, but only to distinguish the two from each other and hunting Shotguns.

Tho that's just my experience.

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    Technically, Assault Rifles refer only to select fire(full auto). This gets confused all the time because the Assault Weapons Ban, categorized semi-auto guns with a bunch of cosmetic/accessory features(like 3 out of a list of 9 or something) as "Assault Weapons". So in daily use it can mean those too.

The amount of stupid arguing over this is...not worth it.

it's the pedant filibuster

a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    The police are about to deploy a long poking stick in place of the dog, so we should know if they are alive or not soon.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    They have a long grabby pole to try and get the gun off the car suspect so they can get him medical attention...

dragging actual person out....

3rd suspect hispanic via radio....

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    Looks like they pulled a body out of the suv.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    i wish they'd stop killing them.

i know they are very dangerous but it be nice if we could at least get one alive.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    bwanie wrote: »

i know they are very dangerous but it be nice if we could at least get one alive.

They stopped killing the suspects shooting at them from a moving car?

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    bwanie wrote: »

Well considering where the SUV is I will say shoot to kill was the appropriate response to a shoot out.

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    yes it is appropriate, i just wish it could have ended differently.

Yh6tI4T.jpg