As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[pbp]Shadowrun - Bump in the Night

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Ok...The decker is spending a point of Edge

@JohnnyCache -
    The knife-wielder frantically throws a spray of blades in front of him, which scatter your ruby red filaments.

@Egos - Both the troll and the elf have large, drek-eating grins on their faces as they advance on Blackfish. Which makes it so much more satisfying when they both eat gel rounds. The troll takes two solid slugs, one to the chest and one to the thigh. He staggers, and yells, "Aaaghhg! Oh, you'll pay you little shit! You should have used real bullets!"

The elf, meanwhile, takes a slug right to the chest. You swear you can hear a rib go.

Both of them used an edge on their damage test.

At 21, the decker goes!

The persona snarls at you, and throws a trio of large, weighted knives towards your center mass. Make an Intuition + Firewall test.

At 19, the elf goes!

Without a word, the elf moves behind the nearest unit of shelving, and quickly draws a machine pistol, spraying fire towards Bauta.

@Egos - Make a Reaction+Intuition test, adding +2 for your cover. The elf used another pre-edge for his attack roll.

• Options
    In re: attack discussion, it's not if the modified armor value is positive, it's if the armor value is lesser or greater than the DV.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Farangu wrote: »
    In re: attack discussion, it's not if the modified armor value is positive, it's if the armor value is lesser or greater than the DV.

That decides Physical vs Stun, or negates armor?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    If the final DV - including net hits - is equal or greater than the modified armor value, the damage is physical, and resisted only by body. If not, it's stun, and resisted by body+armor.

• Options
    Mkay, I guess the book is really unclear on that then. Thanks.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Geth roll 14d6t5 for Avoiding the Elven Uzi

Avoiding the Elven Uzi:
    14d6t5 5 [14d6t5=2, 4, 4, 2, 5, 6, 5, 1, 5, 5, 3, 2, 1, 4]

Egos on
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    @Egos - The elf got 4 net hits. I'll walk through my calculations so people can get a better feel for it, although typically I'll do this behind the screen so I'm not giving away damage codes for all your enemies:

Base damage of weapon: 7P, -0AP
    Ammo modifiers: +1 DV, -1 AP
    4 net hits
    Modified DV: 12P, -1 AP

Bauta's armor per character sheet: 10
    Modifiers: -1 from ammo
    Modified Armor: 9

12 > 9, so it deals physical damage, but the armor is still higher than 0, so Bauta rolls his body + modified armor. If modifiers take the armor to 0 or less, you can only defend with your body dice.

So Egos should roll his body + 9 dice.

Farangu on
  • Options
    Wait, so, if he doesn't roll three successes on four dice, he is down?

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Correction - I was wrong. That's what I get for trying to parse rules after a long day.

If the modified DV is greater than modified Armor, then it's physical damage. That's still true. However, defenders still get a Body + Armor roll to defend, unless modifiers reduce the armor value to 0 or lower. So Bauta will roll his body + modified armor of 9.

I edited the above post as well.

Farangu on
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Heh. This is why I stopped playing Shadowrun so many moons ago. :)

• Options

I'm the sacrificial lion that illustrates how damage really works to the rest of the team.

Also the chameleon suit's armor value is 9, no? so 8 + body? unsure why it's showing 10 at the top. Or do I have some quality/thing that I'm unaware of/not seeing that improves it O_O

• Options
    Must be a quality in there. We'll go with the sheet for now, and if we find out that's wrong we can fix it later

• Options
    Is it Mystic Armor

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Brody wrote: »
    Is it Mystic Armor

Ah yes, I forgot I had that
    Must be a quality in there. We'll go with the sheet for now, and if we find out that's wrong we can fix it later

"The way we always fix things..." *ominous music starts to play* and the game becomes
    latest?cb=20120925170403
    SHADOWRUN EDITION

Egos on
  • Options

Geth roll 13d6t5 to Not Die

to Not Die:
    13d6t5 3 [13d6t5=5, 1, 3, 3, 2, 3, 3, 2, 6, 5, 4, 1, 4]

• Options
    Knowing how much damage you have to resist, are you going to post-edge that?

• Options
    yeah I'll second chance it, lousy 10 out of 13 dice

• Options

watch not a single one hit O_O
    Geth roll 10d6t5

10d6t5 2 [10d6t5=4, 2, 2, 3, 1, 3, 6, 4, 5, 1]

• Options
    edited February 2016

Edited Initial Edge left in First post, here also incase
    10/10 Physical
    10/10 Stun
    7 Ammo Left in Shotgun
    3/5 Edge
    @Brody , your turn I think? or does @JohnnyCache need to resolve his thing?

I also like "the dice roll ominously". I forgot about that for some reason/hadn't noticed it

Egos on
  • Options
    The elf's aim is surprisingly good, as a number of rounds from the burst strike Bauta full on. As an added surprise, the rounds explode on contact. Bauta is standing, but he's in poor shape.

So that's 7 boxes of Physical! Ouch! Update your stats, and then it's @Brody

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Oh yes I forgot, Dumah needs to defend against the data spike, but that can happen whenever considering he's separate from the meatspace fight

Farangu on
  • Options
    Predicting it now: Tantrum is the sole survivor

• Options
    Are our weapons considered readied already?

• Options
    It seems sensible, considering you've heard the coming for a minute or two before they actually arrived.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Slaughter them @Brody. Slaughter them good

Also I vote we ironically rig Cabra with explosives, if we catch up to him

Egos on
  • Options
    Also in case this affects your decision: the beast spirit is under a standing order to guard you, and will attack the first being to attack you. If you want to change this, you need to give it a command.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Cursing as bullets fly and blood sprays, Blackfish sends a short burst at the troll, hoping to slow him down before he gets going. Without even waiting to see if she hits, she glares at the door and barks out a quick spell, followed by more expletives.
    Simple action: Burst fire, targeting the troll.

Simple action: Mass Confusion (AOE) [Force 6] targeting the door.

Free Action:
    "Oh SHIT!"

Geth roll 4d6t5 for Automatics fire(4+2-2)

Geth roll 8d6t5 for Mass Confusion

Geth roll 9d6t5 for Drain resist (DV 8)

11/11 Physical, 4/11 Stun, 35/38 rounds

Automatics fire(4+2-2):
    4d6t5 2 [4d6t5=1, 6, 2, 5]
    Mass Confusion:
    8d6t5 3 [8d6t5=1, 3, 4, 2, 5, 5, 5, 2]
    Drain resist (DV 8):
    9d6t5 1 [9d6t5=4, 3, 3, 4, 4, 1, 6, 2, 4]

Brody on

• Options

• Options
    @brody are you recklessly spellcasting?

• Options
    edited February 2016
    @brody are you recklessly spellcasting?

Yeah, and I accounted for that in the drain, which was F-1+3 (6-1+3). I rolled 1 success, so I took 7 stun damage.

Brody on

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    Slaughter them @Brody. Slaughter them good

Also I vote we ironically rig Cabra with explosives, if we catch up to him

that was on my to do list, days ago. Specifically Valentine's son from the end of the 'good' Punisher movie.

"Isometrics, Johnny, helluva workout."

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    The rounds from Blackfish's rifle snake across the top of the troll's shoulders, grazing him. This only enrages the troll even more.

at 15, the dwarf goes! She doesn't resist the mass confusion, and is affected by it!

The young dwarf woman suddenly starts flailing at the air around her. This makes preparing the manabolt she was going to cast a bit trickier! She manages it, though, and tendrils snake towards Frost. @NotoriusBEN roll willpower.

At 13, the ork goes! She resists the spell completely. She, wary of any further ambushes, starts to scan the surroundings. @Steelhawk @Maclay make a Sneaking + Agility test again.

• Options
    MaclayMaclay Insquequo Totus Es Unus Here and ThereRegistered User regular
    Geth roll 7d6t5 for Keep Hiding

Keep Hiding:
    7d6t5 3 [7d6t5=6, 5, 3, 3, 4, 6, 4]

• Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Geth, roll 9d6t5

Edit: Thanks, G. I wish you could come with me to 40k games

9d6t5 5 [9d6t5=5, 6, 5, 4, 4, 4, 6, 6, 2]

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    @JohnnyCache -
    the knives come worringly close to landing on you, but You manage to deflect them.

• Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    question: I shorted myself one init die. I forgot the one I have. It would give me a fourth action. Since it wouldn't change our order of actions in the mean time, and the fourth pass could be HUGE if this combat keeps going as a stalemate, could I beg your pardon and roll it now?

• Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 7d6t5 for Breach to Sneak

Breach to Sneak:
    7d6t5 4 [7d6t5=1, 5, 5, 6, 5, 1, 2]

• Options
    edited February 2016
    @JohnnyCache - the way I read it, the 4d6 replaces your physical 1d6 for initiative, instead of supplementing it. So I think your first roll is correct.

The ork, satisfied with her search, whips out an older-looking pistol, and fires off a round at the shaman.

@Brody roll your reaction + intuition, -4 for your sustained spells and -2 for your damage modifiers.

Farangu on
  • Options
    @JohnnyCache - the way I read it, the 4d6 replaces your physical 1d6 for initiative, instead of supplementing it. So I think your first roll is correct.

The ork, satisfied with her search, whips out an older-looking pistol, and fires off a round at the shaman.

@Brody roll your reaction + intuition, -4 for your sustained spells and -2 for your damage modifiers.

That would be 0, although, can I take an interrupt action if it reduces my initiative past 0?

• Options
    Yes, so long as your initiative is positive when you take it.