As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[pbp] [IC/OOC] Star Wars Force & Destiny: The Clone Wars [NEGOTIATIONS AT SARKA]

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    The request gave him a moment's pause, "No, that won't be an inconvenience. We respect the First Ambassador's wishes, and look forward to meeting with him."

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    "Very good! We look forward to seeing you, Master Jedi. The First Ambassador hopes you will indulge yourselves in the local culture in the intervening time," the droid said, the holodisplay winking out.

So you have a couple options here--you can have Dade and Dermond go out, together or split up, and check out the Sarkan capital or we can just skip right to the meeting with the First Ambassador. You can also see what the deal is with that other message you got. What do you guys wanna do?

tags: @DaMoonRulz @Fuselage

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Also I'm going to be flipping a Dark Side point to a Light Side for certain... events.

Hua ha ha ha haaaa...

Destiny: 1 Light, 2 Dark

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    :eek:

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Dade is all about local technology!

Fuselage on
    o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    Dermond would be good with meeting the First Ambassador alone and having Dade and Three follow up with the second diplomat

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    You don't have to split up to do that unless you want to. You have a few hours of in-game time before you are expected for dinner.

That said if you want to roll it that way it's fine by me!

• Options
    This Three guy seems like a stand up dude, but this is good on the job training for Dade and I trust his instincts more than this droid's programming. Dade can do his local stuff and Dermond will meditate. Or nap.btheyre very hard to distinguish.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Can I use my underworld knowledge combined with my briefing of this world to see if I can gain information about the coming and going of Separatists? I've got death sticks to trade! What? Dade may have found himself caught up with a gang in the time between Dermond's departure and his acceptance to the Jedi.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    I wanna do some cool Force shit too. So story wise Dermond is going to try to meditate and look through the Force to see where Second Diplomat Selssra is now, to see if it's safe to communicate with him, to send Dade and Three to meet with him, if he's not in custody.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    For Dade--Underworld will get you knowledge of the local underworld; facts about the different syndicates and gangs, things like that. Streetwise will get you knowledge on how to successfully contact some of them. If you want to go this route you can make the Underworld check at 2 purples and a red. The result of this roll is going to set the pool of the Streetwise check.

For Dermond--go ahead and make your roll. Bear in mind you need Two Pips to successfully activate the Seek power.

• Options
    Ok. Explain the pips to me like I'm an idiot

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    When you activate a Force Power you roll Force dice (white) equal to your Force rating. Pips are Dark or Light. Either can be used, however as a Light-side Force User to take advantage of Dark Side pips you have to take 1 strain, flip a Destiny point from Light to Dark, and suffer Conflict equal to the number of Dark Side pips you want to use.

If you have enough pips (in this case, 2) you activate the power. If you don't, the power fizzles, there is no try, the Force is clouded, etc.

When it comes to combat, Force powers cost Actions to activate, which means you can attempt them again next time your turn comes. Since this is Narrative Time, there are no retries. What you get is what you get.

• Options
    ok, so here we go

Geth roll 1eF for seeking the Second Diplomat [/color

seeking the Second Diplomat [/color:
    1eF 1 Dark Side [1eF=DS]

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    I swear, baby, this never happens to me!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Dermond

The room was quiet and dark, a serene stillness filling the small space, enough to provide an adequate place to commune with the Force.

"Find what is lost, the Force can," Yoda had said, "Difficult it is. Shifting, moving, ever changing." Taking a deep breath, Dermond Malo, Jedi Knight, immersed himself in the currents of the living Force.

His senses were assaulted. The deep hiss of steam, the smell of natural gas, the shout of a man. "Please--" and then suddenly he was back in the room, sweat coating him, gulping for air. Fumbling for the nearby chronometer, he righted it and read the time; it was nearly time for the meeting.

Clouded, the Force is. As soon as @Fuselage gives me details on his trajectory we will do a 'Meanwhile' with his leg of things.

• Options
  • Options
    Before I roll I know I have three green but there's also a little black box with a red line in it. What the heck is that?

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    That just means if you get a black setback die on a check with that skill you get to take it away.

• Options
    Geth, roll 3eA+2eD+1eC for Underworld Knowledge

Underworld Knowledge:
    3eA+2eD+1eC 2 successes, 2 threat [3eA=A, S/S, S/A] [2eD=F/Th, Th] [1eC=Th/Th]

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    Good roll. I'll have a post up sometime today detailing what it's going to give you and how it'll affect your Streetwise.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Dade
    I'm going to let you narrate how you learn this information, where you go and who you talk to, but essentially the criminal activity on Sarka is based around exporting the famous Nova Rubies. They're valueless to the Sarkans themselves but the rest of the galaxy is crazy about them, and the mining and sale of the gems is tightly controlled by the government. There are several criminal rings on Sarka that operate illegal mines and employ smugglers to get the gems off-world and into the market.

Feel free to name them and give them Star Wars spice, including make up some minor characters you may have talked to to get the information on these criminals. I'd like to see a great post with that interaction. Based on your roll the check for the Streetwise is going to be 2 purple and 2 black, which I'm going to upgrade with a Destiny Point flip from Dark to Light, making the difficulty 1 Purple 1 Red 2 Black.

The Streetwise check is going to determine your encounter with these criminals, so good luck! I believe you have a talent that allows you to eliminate a black die from Streetwise checks, so there's that.

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    Destiny Pool: 2 Light 1 Dark

• Options
    I'll need to try over my lunch break or something to give it what it deserves.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    You can't dance all your problems away

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Don't be too proud of this choreographical terror you've constructed, @Fuselage. The ability to improvise cultural dance is insignificant next to the power of a well-rehearsed number.

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    We go into battle yelling the Malo battlecry "FIVESIXSEVENEIGHT!"

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    The few hours that Dade had spirited away from Dermond and Three-Eye was an eye-opening on the state of Sarka and its underworld denizens. After replacing his robes with his spare clothes and concealing his lightsaber, Dade set out to truly experience this planet in an effort to improve their odds at accomplishing this mission. After sneaking down some dark alleyways he bought his way into a game of pazaak with his last pack of death sticks. Back on Corellia pazaak cards were used in their own unwritten communication outside of the game, and Dade followed his hunch that it may ring true here as well.

After a confusing and unproductive few games with his new acquaintances, Smokey, Hisser, and Eye-Lick (he didn't ask their name but came to learn the core of their identities through their mannerisms) he stumbled deeper down into the underbelly of the city until he had found what he'd been searching for this whole time; the underground dance team circuit. Despite being the odd human out and almost interrupting the dance off between the Sssskarlin Avenue Pale Scales and the Ssssssixth Sssstreet Dark Marks, Dade adjusted well to his new surroundings. Dance is a universally understood language and revered art that finds its way from the sleaziest cantina to the most powerful courtrooms, and dancers all understood that. "I came here to shake my tail and dance, and I'm all out of tail!", Dade interjected into the crowded room as he shook his hips and one leg to show off his lower extremities and human physiology.

A few scrapes from various events, including one oddly shaped bruise on his chest, and much rhythm later - Dade slowly crept back into the diplomatic guest quarters, still smelling like the hookah smoke that young female Sarkan had enjoyed blowing onto him.

Fuselage on
    o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    Don't forget to toss them bones for the Streetwise check--you're not done yet!

• Options
    Geth, roll 1eP+2eA+1eD+1eC+1eS for Pop-and-Lock Streetwise Check

Pop-and-Lock Streetwise Check:
    1eP+2eA+1eD+1eC+1eS 1 failure [1eP=S/A] [2eA=A, -] [1eD=Th] [1eC=F/F] [1eS=Th]

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    Dermond and Dade: Not the greatest Jedis

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Dade entered the room to find Dermond putting on his lucky diplomatic attire (a dark green tunic with barely perceptible black embellishments) and fixing himself up in front of a mirror in the Star-Warsian restroom. "I tried finding Selssra during my meditation. I only caught a small glimpse, nothing usable, but what I did see was...unsettling."

He made his way into the main suite, "I hope you had better luck th-..." The Jedi's nose wrinkled and he frowned, "Are you using death sticks again? You told Mom you were going to quit as part of your New Corellian Cycle pledges."

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Dade slowly shook his head as he stirred a small cup of quick-caff, "No, it would take a great deal to send me back to death sticks and I can't imagine that in my lifetime. Some of these Sarkans are devout imbibers, however. Unfortunately I'm no more knowledgeable on anything useful to us now than when I left."

After drinking his caff, Dade changed back into his customary light gray robes with the slightest pale green fringe on his tunic and prepared to continue their mission.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Er, if you went back to your room after the Underworld roll you've lost your opportunity on the Streetwise.

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    Oh. I figured after doing the underworld and streetwise stuff I'd return to the room and link back up with the group, failure or not.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    Well, that's a given, but Streetwise is a check that requires you to go out and meet with people, and involves a scene.

• Options
    Well crap, I'll write something up in a bit then.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I guess I should have clarified it a bit better--Underworld is what you roll to know how to contact the scum of any given place. Streetwise is actually going out and meeting with said scum. Underworld rolls are generally pretty low risk as it's all just information gathering, but Streetwise is where the meat is.

If you want to bring Dermond with you that's cool, but bear in mind that if you do so you will not be able to follow up on the lead with the Second Diplomat.

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    I just need to know what choice you're making--if you want to follow up on the Streetwise I will set the scene for you. If you want to let it go that's cool too.