As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[pbp] [IC/OOC] Star Wars Force & Destiny: The Clone Wars [NEGOTIATIONS AT SARKA]

• Options
    FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    I know @DaMoonRulz and I definitely want to follow up with the Second Diplomat, and if Three Eye can't go with him I don't want him to go it alone. I'll make up stuff like visiting criminals for Intel if need be, but if the obvious answer is in front of us we may as well explore it. What say you, Moon?

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    There are many ways to skin a Loth-cat.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    "Go ahead and give me the run down," he said as Dade looked into nothingness and recounted his mini-adventure...

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Sorry for the lack of posts, was a busy weekend. I should be able to put something up tonight.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    I'm going to assume you're shaking down the Streetwise.

Dade

A few hours earlier...

The sordid underbelly of Sarkan'joss (that was the name of the capital city, he learned) had become even more humid as a rainstorm moved in. As he made his way through the warren of caverns and tunnels that made up the underbelly of the city there were holes carved into the rock, natural and sentient-made, that allowed sheets of water to trickle in and go pitter-plap on the duracrete sidewalk.

Hisser had been a good lead, and after making nice with some of his other contacts, he knew where the ruby cartels supposedly frequented. He stopped in front of the first stop on his list, a seedy looking dive known as "Slither" by the locals. No one had really explained why but the increasingly slimy feeling in the Force as he placed his hand on the door gave him a pretty firm idea.

Stepping down the steps into the anteroom his nose was assaulted with the scent of narcotics and body odor. The place was alive with hushed conversation and in the far corner of the room on a raised platform sat a bar tended by a green skinned female that seemed to beckon him over despite not making any indicator that she was paying attention to him. He could also make out side alcoves where people were no doubt getting down to all sorts of unsavory business.

As he took it all in he noticed that the conversations had gotten much, much quieter, and they were all staring at him.

You can make an Education roll at 2 purple to identify the race of the barkeeper. If you succeed you know, if you fail you don't, and I'll give you more details based on threat/advantage

tags: @Fuselage @DaMoonRulz

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    Geth roll 3eA+2eD for Education of the Falleen

Education of the Falleen:
    3eA+2eD 1 success, 2 advantage [3eA=S, S/A, A/A] [2eD=F, Th]

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    Dade is suspiciously aware of Falleen...

Ex-girlfriend?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    So with that roll you know a few things about the Falleen.

1 - The Falleen come from a world in the Mid Rim, strangely enough called Falleen. They are, at this point, a member of the Republic.

2 - As a race the Falleen possess a unique pheromone ability that can affect the disposition of fellow sentients making them incredible spies and diplomats. It's considered bad form in a political setting to use it of course, but here? Anything goes.

The floor is yours @Fuselage

• Options
    Dade took a moment to study the room's occupants, many of which were various shades of dangerous, before smiling and waving at the Falleen. "Darling!" he grinned as he stepped down onto the main floor, "It's been so long since last we met!" Dade unhurriedly made his way up to her bar and claimed one of the open seats, internally noting the state of stale disrepair it was in. "You know, I wouldn't have come over here without you politely asking. Could I have a small glass of wine, please? Not too much - I wouldn't want to dull my senses." he ended his quiet order with a wink, watching for her reactions but making sure to keep some awareness of his surroundings. It would be embarrassing for any other customers to get a drop on him.

Oh jeese, let's see how much of a pickle this puts him in.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    Charm roll! 2 purples and a black.

• Options
    Operation Gherkin

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Geth roll 1eP+1eA+2eD+1eS for Charming the Falleen

Charming the Falleen:
    1eP+1eA+2eD+1eS 0 successes, 2 advantage [1eP=S/A] [1eA=A/A] [2eD=-, Th] [1eS=F]

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Dade

There was a general murmur and then everyone seemed to go back to what they were doing, dismissing the newcomer for the time being. The beautiful Falleen, he noted as he sat down, did not wear a particularly friendly face. At the order she narrowed her eyes.

"Wine? Are you serious?"

She shook her head, taking a bottle (covered in dust, Dade couldn't help notice) and pouring a dark sludgy red substance into a dishwasher-stained glass. She slid it in front of him and leaned in, whispering. "You shouldn't be here, Jedi."

geth, roll 3eP+2eC

3eP+2eC 3 successes, 2 threat [3eP=S, S, S] [2eC=Th, Th]

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    What's that roll for?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2016
    That was a Perception roll with a downgraded difficulty vs Dade's deception because of his failed roll.

The advantage is that no one else now seems to be paying attention.

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    Dade took in a faint and uncertain whiff of the drink before aerating the wine, "If I only stayed where I was told I wouldn't have gone anywhere." He took a sip before continuing, still on the fence about this neglected beverage. "You know who and what I represent, as well as how fruitful that association is for trade in all arenas. I'm just concerned that future mutual profits will dwindle until they're scraps."

Dade took another pull with a sigh, halfway through his glass. After noting how far a Corellian "sip" can go, he finished his thought. "I can't pretend to have as much of a stake in this fight as you do, but we both know that loud revolutions don't allow for as much oversight as quiet bureaucracy."

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    While I get a post ready, make a Resilience check at 1 purple

• Options
    Eh I'll take care of it for you, and I'm going to spend a Destiny flip to give you back some more points and make the 1 purple a red.

Geth, roll 2eA+1eC to see if Dade is a lush

to see if Dade is a lush:
    2eA+1eC 2 successes, 1 threat [2eA=S, S/S] [1eC=F/Th]

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Good news, Dade isn't a liquor hound.

Dade

As Dade took sips of the syrupy 'wine' he noticed the pleasant scent mingling in from the Falleen was making the alcohol go to his head far quicker than he expected. Best pace himself.

If you take another drink, you need to roll Resilience again at 2 purples this time, plus a black die for the threat, which we'll say is from the Falleen's natural pheromones.

The woman eyed him thoughtfully. "What would Jedi know of profits?" she asked, putting the bottle back on the shelf. She gave him a coquettish look over her shoulder and smiled. He couldn't help but notice the sharpness of her incisors. "What I know of Jedi tells me they do not use money. They spend all day in their temples meditating on their Force."

She turned around and leaned forward. He could appreciate the view. "But let us say this is not true? Why have you come to Slither? What can Xanya help you with?"

Destiny Pool: 2 Light, 1 Dark

tag: @Fuselage

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    Okay, no more sips then!

"Xanya, a beautiful name. Mine is Dade. My problem is that I'm new to Sarka and have only two ears and no friends. I'm a social creature and couldn't think of leaving the planet without having made a few acquaintances that may or my not share my views. Before I was a Jedi I had time to spend in establishments like Slither. It was educational and...not completely unpleasant." He flashed her a grin, thinking of his past friends and foolishness.

"Jedi don't have as much use for money, but what does matter is motivation. Motivation to keep the peace, motivation to defend a home world from separatists. Even motivation out of self-interest is important when that means survival of your way of life."

"I'd like to find out how many Separatists have made their way here, and where. While it's true that both the Separatists and the Republic love Sarka for their jewels, only one of them has the backing of a galactic economy and war machine that ensures it will not fail. Furthermore, I'd like to secure the safety of the Second Diplomat."

Dade knew he was asking the world of Xanya but had a feeling that an interesting group of people could claim her as a friend.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    Dade

"I think," said Xanya, "you will have to provide more incentive. While I find your idealism charming, I do not do charity."

That failed charm from earlier is not winning you any friends.
    Also I'm making a perception check on your behalf--

Geth, roll 3eA+2eD

3eA+2eD 0 successes, 3 advantage [3eA=A/A, A/A, S] [2eD=Th, F]

• Options
    Unfortunate perception. Carry on, you may continue to try a tack with Xanya you think will work. I'm going to leverage that advantage you got and say you have a blue die to any check you make, Charm is locked out though. Difficulty starts at 1 red and 1 purple.

• Options
    Huh. My best skills are in Computers, Mechanics, Skullduggery, and Streetwise. I'm trying to think of how to use those in our favor, or to do a favor for her. At the end of the day I'm trying to get where @DaMoonRulz can play too.

Dade nodded slowly even as he frowned just slightly. "You make a valid point, and I have been selfish in this conversation. All I've talked about is myself and my needs." He tilted the glass and a finger toward her side of the counter, "What do you need, Xanya?"

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    If we want to revise some earlier scenes we can--you jumped ahead of me by placing this in a flashback so it has to be done with you alone. If you want to retcon that I'm fine with it.

I'm a little confused why you elected to pursue a separate lead if you weren't cool with doing stuff on your own...

EDIT: I guess I should probably be a little more transparent as to what's happened, here. You made the Streetwise check a few pages back and failed. If you'd like me to just narrate the consequences of that in a summary and re-merge the party I'm cool with that, too, but you're not going to get any worthwhile information out of it. I'm giving you a skill challenge type encounter here to improve that and maybe develop a contact.

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I'm fine with the separate leads (since I initiated it), I just didn't know how far down the rabbit hole I was going. So are the Slither and Xanya posts going into the detail of how I failed my Streetwise check?

Edit: I think I'm understanding better now.

Fuselage on
    o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    Dade

Xanya tapped her chin and eyed the apprentice. "You are a curious one. Let us say perhaps I am no friend of the Separatists, perhaps I know a thing or two that might help, and perhaps I do have a task that needs tending to..."

After a moment she nodded and leaned closer, her voice a husky whisper. "I have an... item that needs to be delivered. A payment for services rendered. If you do this task for me I will do what I can to provide you information."

• Options
    I'm fine with watching the scene play out. I like where this is going

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Sorry to take so long to basically say "okay."

Dade considered his options; how galactic politics and underworld dealings can often intertwine, and finally what kind of toll this planet might take on him. After a moment he looked Xanya in her exotic reptilian eyes and gave his response.

"When?"

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    Dade

She grabbed his hand suddenly (though not unkindly) and held it palm up on the bar. The Falleen never broke eye contact as she stroked his callused hands for a moment before curling his fingers around a small cylindrical object. "When you leave you will deliver this to a warehouse in the Redscale district. It is owned by Sienar, look for the insignia on the side of the building. You will be meeting a Sarkan--he will comment that the weather is rotten. You will say 'I'm not so sure about that, I like the rain.' Bring whatever he gives you back to me and I will answer your questions. If I am not at the bar when you return you may come around the back. The door will be open."

Xanya gave him a smile and removed her hands, stepping back. Another customer walked up next to Dade. "A jar of spit," the Sarkan hissed, and with a final wink the Falleen left Dade to his own devices.

No problem homie. The intrigue is ramping up! Start calling you Dade Tracy.

• Options
    Dade left a few credits with his abandoned drink and casually left the establishment without looking back. He felt the object with his hand inside his pocket and tried to work out what it was based on size, weight, and texture as he made his way toward the Redscale district as well as he could remember from Three-Eye's pre-mission briefing.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    Dade

The Redscale district was more of the same when it came to the architectural style of Sarkan'joss; he was sure if he spent some time on-world he'd probably pick up on the little idiosyncrasies of the place but now it was just more tunnels and pre-fab homes and businesses that slowly transformed into larger buildings, probably offices, and warehouses.

After twenty-five minutes of roaming the street he finally did catch a glimpse of the symbol he was looking for on the side of a rather large complex. It looked like a combination of a warehouse and the first obstacle he noticed is that the building was surrounded by a chain link fence topped with razor wire.

Pretty straight forward situation here--the wire fence can be scaled with a coordination or athletics check (whichever is higher) at two difficulty plus one black die for the razor wire. You can, of course, at your option employ your Jedi Universal Cutting Tool, but you'll need to roll a Stealth at three difficulty.

• Options
    Well, Stealth is my absolute highest skill but using a lightsaber would leave a mark, which isn't ideal. I don't want this to be linked back to me any amount of time later, however I also don't want to get cut and leave fabric or blood either. If I use my lightsaber I'm going to be as precise as possible and cut in the same pattern as the links so it's a jagged hole instead of an obviously melted round hole. I want this hole to look like it could be done by common criminals indigenous to Sarka.

If I use Coordination it's 3 Green vs 2 Purple, 1 Black
    If I use Stealth it's 2 Yellow, 1 Green, and 1 Blue vs 3 Purple.

Geth, roll 2eP+1eA+1eB+3eD Stealth Check vs Chain Link

Stealth Check vs Chain Link:
    2eP+1eA+1eB+3eD 2 successes [2eP=S/S, S/A] [1eA=A/A] [1eB=S] [3eD=F/F, Th/Th, Th]

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    Dade

Looking around to make sure no one was watching he pulled his weapon from his belt. It gave the distinct snap-hiss as he activated it, and it sliced through the chain-link as if it wasn't there at all, leaving a flap that was easy to slip through. He closed down the weapon quickly and moved around the perimeter of the complex, unsure of his next step until he saw a lone Sarkan standing by a slightly-ajar maintenance door.

• Options
    Dade noticed the lone Sarkan across the compound and casually, but discreetly, made his way toward the scaly humanoid. All the while he checked for corners and cameras leading up to the lone figure.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    Geth, roll 3eA+1eB+2eD for Dade's perception

Dade's perception:
    3eA+1eB+2eD 1 success [3eA=S, S, -] [1eB=-] [2eD=F, -]

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Dade

As he approached the Sarkan he could see the reptilian humanoid eyeing him warily. "Hello there," the Sarkan said, making a subtle gesture with a clawed hand before putting it in a pocket. "What brings a softskin around?"

Dade suddenly felt like he was being watched; his sharp ears caught the sound of a door being opened as quietly as possible and he noted the Sarkan's posture was tense, guarded.

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    Also because I forgot to include a description of it, the item Xanya gave you is a code cylinder. Pretty much a generic data/stuff transport device. Could have anything on it, or even something physically inside it.

• Options
    I'm downloading the standalone Character Creator for Black Desert to try to make Dermond. Just like Bart!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    I promise we will get back to Dermond soon

• Options
    man I'm not in any rush. I like seeing this and where it's going!

3basnids3lf9.jpg