As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Wrestling] Thread Is Also Being Defended in the Royal Rumble, If Anyone Was Curious

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    You know, the Bullet Club could be coming in as faces. The Full Sail crowd will certainly treat them as such.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    They're actually all going to come in as demons.

• Options
    I wouldn't mind Gallows joining the Wyatt family.

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    What if the Bullet Club thing is all a trick? What if Finn is putting together an actual Balor Club?? A club of DEMONS?!

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind Gallows joining the Wyatt family.

Why do you want the Wyatt's to have so many bad wrestlers?

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I want Gallows to reform the Straight Edge Society.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    You know, the Bullet Club could be coming in as faces. The Full Sail crowd will certainly treat them as such.
    They would literally be the first giant group tactic using organization in wrestling history not to be heel. Occasionally you get a face trio or a sort of stable to counter a much larger group...but Bullet club if all of the guys that are coming over stay in it is pretty large.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    It all depends on who their first beat down is.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    What if the Bullet Club thing is all a trick? What if Finn is putting together an actual Balor Club?? A club of DEMONS?!

ideally all wearing different hats--top hat demon, porkpie demon, wizard cap demon, and AJ Styles as propeller hat demon.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Oh god

I just realized that Nakamura/Rollins is a thing that would actually be possible now.

• Options
    I'm going to cut back on my live wrestling events a lot this year but this weekend I stop on a good note with Jimmy Rave vs AJ Styles Friday and vs Johnny Gargano Sunday.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    There is a very good chance that Shinsuke Nakamura will Boma Ye Curtis Axel and there's something beautiful about that.
    Bo Dallas comes out dressed like Shins and debuts his new finisher the Bo-ma Ye

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    They would literally be the first giant group tactic using organization in wrestling history not to be heel. Occasionally you get a face trio or a sort of stable to counter a much larger group...but Bullet club if all of the guys that are coming over stay in it is pretty large.

They wouldn't be the first, precisely. TNA had a ginormous group called the Front Line form to fight the Main Event Mafia, though I think they stopped acting as a group after about 2 weeks because TNA.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    On the bent-over row he can do 315 for 10 reps,” says Mike Monteforte, McMahon’s trainer and workout partner. “He has unbelievable strength in his back.” After completing a body part, the two
 will then do a CrossFit-inspired workout consisting of battling rope slams, sled drags, sledgehammer swings (with a hammer named Big Jack, an allusion to the AC/DC song), and sprints. After that—yes, there’s more!—he does a circuit of ab exercises. The whole training session takes 90 minutes.

Fucking hell

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Apparently TNA offered James Storm more than double what WWE did, with a guarantee that he'd get his money even if the wrestling organization went under while he was under contract, plus WWE left the door open for a return in the future. Not a bad deal if you can get.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    411Randle wrote: »
    Apparently TNA offered James Storm more than double what WWE did, with a guarantee that he'd get his money even if the wrestling organization went under while he was under contract, plus WWE left the door open for a return in the future. Not a bad deal if you can get.

He'll be 40 by the time his contract ends so I'm guessing he retires and becomes s WWE trainer, assuming they still want him.

• Options
    Also, how the fuck is TNA still paying people that much. Does Bob Carter really want his daughter away from the family business he'll sink his own money into a near dead wrestling promotion?

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    What's the point in being offered more money when that money isn't paid and you're breaking your back for noone to see or care? He might get paid less in the interim but the potential is huge, and ya know, he might actually accomplish things people would know about.

• Options
    What's the point in being offered more money when that money isn't paid and you're breaking your back for noone to see or care? He might get paid less in the interim but the potential is huge, and ya know, he might actually accomplish things people would know about.

Well I'm assuming they'll pay him or he'll rightfully sue them for everything they're worth.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Also, how the fuck is TNA still paying people that much.

they aren't

• Options
    Yeah, it should be pointed out that "over 2 times" is still only a couple hundred grand, which realistically isn't a lot of money after road expenses. And yeah, "guaranteed" in this case seems to mean that Panda is on the hook for his salary, not just TNA.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Yup, I am betting any body with any kind of name is now signing deal directly with Panda rather than with TNA to ensure their paycheck. Kind of like all the ensured money that Turner was paying out after WCW folded.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    OH, wrestlethread. I need wrestling podcasts.

I have Cheap Heat and Sam Roberts but goddamnit I need MOAR.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular

let me tell you about It's A Work!

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Who currently on the roster do you want to be in the Balor club?

• Options
    edited January 2016

The Wrestling Observer podcast network if you're a subscriber
    Voices of Wrestling podcast network
    Lapsed Fan
    Attitude Era Podcast
    NewGenPodcast
    How 2 Wrestling
    Review A Wai (but also give 2 other Fight Network podcasts a try: Live Audio Wrestling and Japanese Audio Wrestling)
    OSW Review like Pwnan said

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Who currently on the roster do you want to be in the Balor club?

Factions are certainly becoming a thing...I don't know that the need to add anyone. I would like to see some of these groups interacting though. Gang Warz is something hasn't been recycled to the point I hate it and am actually a little nostalgic for that dynamic.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular

Art of Wrestling is great.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »

(we should maybe record something soon)

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Is the Work in question the existence of the hit podcast It's A Work!?

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Is the Work in question the existence of the hit podcast It's A Work!?

The current problem is that there are about 5 of us across multiple continents and time zones with wildly-different schedules and so the obvious solution is for everyone to just move to California.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options

Let me tell you about a wrestling podcast that actually records episode on a (mostly) weekly basis...

• Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    So are we going to get a Finn heel turn soon?

They're not turning Balor Heel. At least not anytime soon. He's waaaay too over as a face and, with kids. Plus the WWE wants all of that sweet sweet merch money he's making them.

If anything he'll reform Bullet/Balor Club with his guys and it will either go like A. They are all heels and he's a face going "What the hell guys?!?!" Then he will get a beatdown or B. He'll be super happy to see them, they'll play him for a bit then beat him down calling him a spotlight seeking glory hound who was holding them down and now he has to fued/defeat more of his former friends.

• Options

alternatively:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJnJX4UZmN8

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

Lapsed Fan
    Attitude Era Podcast
    NewGenPodcast
    How 2 Wrestling
    Review A Wai (but also give 2 other Fight Network podcasts a try: Live Audio Wrestling and Japanese Audio Wrestling)

I'd like to add ECPodcasting and OSW Review. Speaking of podcasts...

Happy New Year! We begin our journey into the weird and wonderful world of 1997 by looking at one of the most bizarre WWF television programmes ever. In Episode 53 of 'The New Generation Project Podcast' we break down the first 3 episodes of "Shotgun Saturday Night".

Featuring; your suggestions for wrestler's New Year's Resolutions, our thoughts on Southside Wrestling, Paul goes for a run, the podcast debuts of The Flying Nuns, Mini Mankind, Mini Vader, D'Lo Brown and Histeria, Bob Backlund screams at traffic in the street, Nikolai Volkoff cameos for a hilarious joke, Todd Pettengill grows a mirror universe beard, a summary of our game of WWE Monopoly, Vince seizes the opportunity to use the word 'cleavage', Terry Funk and Sid both cut 5 star promos and Marlena wins a match via unconventional methods.

Plus the answers to the questions; How long into 2016 did Tatanka first re-tweet someone? What happens when Vince tries to leave his comfort zone? Whose Mother is a Whore? How can someone eliminate The Big Show from a Battle Royale? What is Techno Team 2000's resolution? What exactly does Vince McMahon think ECW is? What has Sunny allegedly written a book about? What are Paul's New Year's Resolutions? Which male member of the roster will allegedly give birth live on air? And what exactly is Elmo doing?

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular

should've specified GOOD podcasts

SHOTS FIRED
    ilu guys

• Options

Lapsed Fan
    Attitude Era Podcast
    NewGenPodcast
    How 2 Wrestling

I'd like to add ECPodcasting and OSW Review. Speaking of podcasts...

Happy New Year! We begin our journey into the weird and wonderful world of 1997 by looking at one of the most bizarre WWF television programmes ever. In Episode 53 of 'The New Generation Project Podcast' we break down the first 3 episodes of "Shotgun Saturday Night".

Featuring; your suggestions for wrestler's New Year's Resolutions, our thoughts on Southside Wrestling, Paul goes for a run, the podcast debuts of The Flying Nuns, Mini Mankind, Mini Vader, D'Lo Brown and Histeria, Bob Backlund screams at traffic in the street, Nikolai Volkoff cameos for a hilarious joke, Todd Pettengill grows a mirror universe beard, a summary of our game of WWE Monopoly, Vince seizes the opportunity to use the word 'cleavage', Terry Funk and Sid both cut 5 star promos and Marlena wins a match via unconventional methods.

Plus the answers to the questions; How long into 2016 did Tatanka first re-tweet someone? What happens when Vince tries to leave his comfort zone? Whose Mother is a Whore? How can someone eliminate The Big Show from a Battle Royale? What is Techno Team 2000's resolution? What exactly does Vince McMahon think ECW is? What has Sunny allegedly written a book about? What are Paul's New Year's Resolutions? Which male member of the roster will allegedly give birth live on air? And what exactly is Elmo doing?

Can't believe I forgot OSW Review. Haven't tried ECPodcasting yet though

• Options
    I mean, that doesn't sound like a bad show, but it's nothing I'd call a big change from the old Smackdown.

They weren't really hyping the move as a change in format. Eventually though I'd like to see SD become different than Raw in terms of the workers they use.

• Options
    I mean, that doesn't sound like a bad show, but it's nothing I'd call a big change from the old Smackdown.

They weren't really hyping the move as a change in format. Eventually though I'd like to see SD become different than Raw in terms of the workers they use.

I just want it to be something that is somewhat required viewing. I mean, yeah, good wrestling, but when there's so much WWE TV every week, it needs to actually affect storylines, and Smackdown just doesn't. Or rarely, anyway.

This discussion has been closed.