As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] lets you murder things as a space ninja

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    My top 4 are Mag, Valkyr, Saryn (Original), and Vauban... though I'm not sure what that percentage actually represents? Is it play hours or missions?

Nyx is in my top 10 frames, I believe. But I actually use Nyx Prime more, along with Mag Prime and Saryn Prime now... and soon... Vauban Prime.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Isn't there a credit penalty when you buy prime parts? Like up in to the millions? You guys just have that kind of scratch?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Preacher wrote: »
    Isn't there a credit penalty when you buy prime parts? Like up in to the millions? You guys just have that kind of scratch?

Prime parts are ~5000 per part, iirc. I buy them all the time for Ducats.

Legendary Mods are taxed at 1,000,000. I've traded for one once. Most primed mods will sell for cheap because the demand is heavily gated. I forgot which one I bought (I want to say fast hands) but I only paid what, 25 plat for it. And a lot of them generally sell under 50, following trade chat.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Ahh that makes sense.

Maybe I'll see if anyone wants to sell some stuff. I'd love to make some of these prime blueprints but I'm maddeningly off by some points!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I'm capping out on RV reputation, if anyone needs a Rakta Cernos or Ballistica, hit me up (Frolic766 on PC).

Also, if anyone happens to have a spare Scattering Inferno mod (dual status mod for shotgun), I'd be very grateful.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Madican wrote: »
    Radiation mobile defense sorties forever.

If you don't get hit, you don't have the effect proc (Stay in the darn frost bubble!)

Prime parts are ~5000 per part, iirc. I buy them all the time for Ducats.

Legendary Mods are taxed at 1,000,000. I've traded for one once. Most primed mods will sell for cheap because the demand is heavily gated. I forgot which one I bought (I want to say fast hands) but I only paid what, 25 plat for it. And a lot of them generally sell under 50, following trade chat.

Which is still a profit, since if you buy the ducats at 10 per plat, most of those mods only cost 35ish to get in the first place

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Woo! I now have every single primary shotgun! And also every melee shotgun! Now for every secondary shotgun.

So far I've got Akbronco Prime (way too much fucking work to get) and Pyrana. As far as I can tell, I'm missing Mara Detron, Khomak, and the Brakk. Any others I'm missing?

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    Woo! I now have every single primary shotgun! And also every melee shotgun! Now for every secondary shotgun.

So far I've got Akbronco Prime (way too much fucking work to get) and Pyrana. As far as I can tell, I'm missing Mara Detron, Khomak, and the Brakk. Any others I'm missing?

Regular Detron, non ak version of bronco prime, regular bronco. In my experience, the brakk and mara detron are the only ones worth keeping, the others are purely for looks. I rarely consider a weapon to suck, they all tend to get the job done depending on mods, but most shotgun secondaries are so bad, if they were any worse you'd be healing the enemy.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    I'm actually only collecting the 'best' versions of them. Can't stand a bunch of stuff I'm never going to use sitting in my inventory. That, and I enjoy half-assing things. The Brakk is going to take a while, seeing as I've never done a raid and I've only done a handful of invasions.

Also, in case anyone was thinking of buying it, the Strun Wraith is def my favorite shotgun.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I'm actually only collecting the 'best' versions of them. Can't stand a bunch of stuff I'm never going to use sitting in my inventory. That, and I enjoy half-assing things. The Brakk is going to take a while, seeing as I've never done a raid and I've only done a handful of invasions.

Also, in case anyone was thinking of buying it, the Strun Wraith is def my favorite shotgun.

This guy keeps a sort of tier list of the various weapons in the game if you want a rough guide.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    btw, if anyone (on PC) wants to share some T4 Sabotage keys, I'm looking for my last piece of Loki Prime, and will probably be around a bit this weekend.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Managed to do some rounds of tower interception last night. Got a hikou prime recipe so I could make that, should be dropping out of the cooker when I get home tonight along with vauban and that new crossbow for the xbone the zhuge.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Xiphos hunting is about as much of a fools errand as hunting for the other landing craft. :pop:

Devstream says there's also going to be Archwing racing and pursuit/destroy mission types coming... one day.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Xiphos hunting is about as much of a fools errand as hunting for the other landing craft. :pop:

Devstream says there's also going to be Archwing racing and pursuit/destroy mission types coming... one day.

More interesting was earlier when they were going through Steve's Bourbon List (the list of things they want to fix) and how one idea they had in mind for combating Dracoing is by making your MR the level equipment resets to when you forma.

Also, when show off the new Volt Shield, unintentionally showed off Environmental effects 2.0, coming with Startchart 3.0. Basically, the current random Environmental effects will come and go from nodes, and will be labeled before you go in. They also plan on making them a bigger threat, one that you might actually want to mod for.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Foefaller wrote: »

More interesting was earlier when they were going through Steve's Bourbon List (the list of things they want to fix) and how one idea they had in mind for combating Dracoing is by making your MR the level equipment resets to when you forma.

Also, when show off the new Volt Shield, unintentionally showed off Environmental effects 2.0, coming with Startchart 3.0. Basically, the current random Environmental effects will come and go from nodes, and will be labeled before you go in. They also plan on making them a bigger threat, one that you might actually want to mod for.

They're also going to revamp the marketplace and consider reviewing pricing.

• Options
    Holy crap would I love that!

I mean, chewing through the first 10 or 15 levels doesn't take too long as it is, but it is something I consider when Forma'ing things.

That would be a really nice little perk for actively working on levelling up MR. Especially for Frames.

• Options
    What is dracoing?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    What is dracoing?

Draco is an interception mission on Ceres. Because of several quirks of the node (map, spawning) and leveling gear (the XP you get from allied kills is equal to what you can get from your own kills, and distributed across all your weapons) it's the go-to for someone looking to level up frames and weapons as fast as possible, whether to recover from forma use or to max and dump gear solely for MR grinding, bringing weapons you have zero plans on using and leveling them entirely with the XP you get from allied kills.

It is entirely possible to take an unranked weapon & frame, hide in a corner for 4+ waves, and come out with them both near or close to max rank, depending on how many enemies your allies killed and how long the waves lasted. Granted, that's usually a terrible idea, because most pug groups are going to have at least two with gear that has no business being on Ceres expecting someone(s) to be the ringer that takes them to max rank.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Huh, I've been using Pluto for that. A little Google searching later, that's good to know.

At least I shouldn't completely fuck it up for the group I end up in when I give it a shot.

• Options
    What is dracoing?

nooooo you were pure, tenno! Don't go down that road. :P

• Options
    What is dracoing?

Nah I wouldn't do it, I just hear it come up from time to time. I prefer to level the old fashioned way so I get used to the +'s and minus of the gear.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    What is dracoing?

Oh, come now. Sometimes you just wanna get a piece of gear maxed quickly, there's nothing wrong with it.

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    What is dracoing?

Oh, come now. Sometimes you just wanna get a piece of gear maxed quickly, there's nothing wrong with it.

I will shamelessly admit it is how I releveled my Dex Sybaris enough times to make the build I wanted for it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Honestly, I had no idea myself, so here is a thread that provides the answer in detail;

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/35o37d/how_do_i_do_draco/
    What no one seems to be talking about in this thread is the historical and practical basis for WHY people farm this way.

Here's the deal. Draco is a tiny map. Tiny map means that enemies spawn closer to you, which in turn means that you have an opportunity to kill them and trigger another spawn in a shorter amount of time. That's why ranged nuke builds like Mesa (and once upon a time Excalibur) are prized for this mission. The faster you kill an enemy after it spawns, the faster a new enemy will spawn in it's place. More kills = faster spawns = more loot and more experience.

Now, Mesa and other frames that have channeling abilities cannot gain energy through any method other than energy orb drops. Channeling refers to an ability that you smack once to activate and let it ride as it drains your energy. Thus, a Greedy Pull Mag becomes ideal as a support frame for these high damage or high CC channeling frames solely on the basis that energy orbs become fuel that doesn't have to be chased after. It's all brought directly to the frames channeling their abilities, and under the correct conditions this makes channeling basically indefinite.

You're trying to hop into a farming level and have no idea why you're even doing it, which is naturally going to backfire when you do something logical like actually play the game. It's no fault of yours in any way, it simply boils down to yet another thing to be learned about the game and it's community.

Others have already gone over why you want to drag out each run to maximize xp, so I won't cover that. I felt that it would be beneficial to you to have some basic understanding of why Draco farm teams are set up as they are.

Another thing you should understand is that Draco farming is boring as hell, and that there is pretty much no better way to powerlevel your shitty weapons to gain mastery. It's something I hope will be fixed soon, but that seems unlikely. This strategy has been around for a long, long time and it isn't going anywhere if the playerbase has any say in the matter. It's no one's fault, it's simply the way that loot based games are; especially considering a game that is continually being developed. We are always going to try to break the shit out of the game to progress faster, and DE is always going to reign our silly asses back in. This is the way it is.

The reality is you should probably worry a lot less about running Draco than you should about just playing the game and having some fun. Passively leveling weapons is nothing to be ashamed of, it simply takes a bit longer. That being said, grind is grind and DE built the game in such a way that the players are encouraged to pursue this kind of behavior. I'm no saint, without Draco and Viver I wouldn't be MR 18 right now. This is something that they have to fix, not by limiting us but by presenting us with better opportunities.

To specifically answer your question:

What did I do wrong?
    Nothing. Your teammates were assholes. Any decent player would've taken the time to explain what was happening, or at least pulled out to the lobby and done so outside of the danger of mid-mission shenanigans. My only advice would be to ask if people forming lobbies have specific strategies set up, and how you can accommodate that strategy to the best of your ability.

I have learned something today.

Forar on
  • Options
    What's funny is that last night doing the t4 interception one guy basically used Mr. Sandman to lock down the enemies the whole time in one place and it was the easiest interceptions ever.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    Honestly, I had no idea myself, so here is a thread that provides the answer in detail;

What no one seems to be talking about in this thread is the historical and practical basis for WHY people farm this way.

Here's the deal. Draco is a tiny map. Tiny map means that enemies spawn closer to you, which in turn means that you have an opportunity to kill them and trigger another spawn in a shorter amount of time. That's why ranged nuke builds like Mesa (and once upon a time Excalibur) are prized for this mission. The faster you kill an enemy after it spawns, the faster a new enemy will spawn in it's place. More kills = faster spawns = more loot and more experience.

Now, Mesa and other frames that have channeling abilities cannot gain energy through any method other than energy orb drops. Channeling refers to an ability that you smack once to activate and let it ride as it drains your energy. Thus, a Greedy Pull Mag becomes ideal as a support frame for these high damage or high CC channeling frames solely on the basis that energy orbs become fuel that doesn't have to be chased after. It's all brought directly to the frames channeling their abilities, and under the correct conditions this makes channeling basically indefinite.

You're trying to hop into a farming level and have no idea why you're even doing it, which is naturally going to backfire when you do something logical like actually play the game. It's no fault of yours in any way, it simply boils down to yet another thing to be learned about the game and it's community.

Others have already gone over why you want to drag out each run to maximize xp, so I won't cover that. I felt that it would be beneficial to you to have some basic understanding of why Draco farm teams are set up as they are.

Another thing you should understand is that Draco farming is boring as hell, and that there is pretty much no better way to powerlevel your shitty weapons to gain mastery. It's something I hope will be fixed soon, but that seems unlikely. This strategy has been around for a long, long time and it isn't going anywhere if the playerbase has any say in the matter. It's no one's fault, it's simply the way that loot based games are; especially considering a game that is continually being developed. We are always going to try to break the shit out of the game to progress faster, and DE is always going to reign our silly asses back in. This is the way it is.

The reality is you should probably worry a lot less about running Draco than you should about just playing the game and having some fun. Passively leveling weapons is nothing to be ashamed of, it simply takes a bit longer. That being said, grind is grind and DE built the game in such a way that the players are encouraged to pursue this kind of behavior. I'm no saint, without Draco and Viver I wouldn't be MR 18 right now. This is something that they have to fix, not by limiting us but by presenting us with better opportunities.

What did I do wrong?
    Nothing. Your teammates were assholes. Any decent player would've taken the time to explain what was happening, or at least pulled out to the lobby and done so outside of the danger of mid-mission shenanigans. My only advice would be to ask if people forming lobbies have specific strategies set up, and how you can accommodate that strategy to the best of your ability.

That's just when it's organized, though. 9 times out of 10 when you are in a pick-up group, especially on consoles, you'll end up on a team with a level 5 Rhino, level 30 Oberon with no power strength, and level 10 Nyx (AFKing), all with shitty weapons and no buffs to their Shields and Health expecting you to carry them to free and delicious XP. I mean, that's what usually happens on Alerts anyway (let's be honest), but it's especially egregious at Draco. Because it has a REPUTATION, you see.

If you decide to do Draco, at least bring a good weapon (in any slot) so you can get some kills. You don't NEED to level up a primary, secondary, AND a melee weapon all at the same time. Even at level 0, you can slot an Aura mod and a basic Redirection or Vitality to keep yourself alive. Don't be That Tenno.

Personally, I like going to Pluto better because I need that goddamn Oxium. And less fuckery with leechers.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    What is dracoing?

Nah I wouldn't do it, I just hear it come up from time to time. I prefer to level the old fashioned way so I get used to the +'s and minus of the gear.

Yeah, technically you're supposed to do it that way?

It also has a toxic effect on the community. See 80% of the recruiting chat consisting of "Draco 555 MR 14+ CARRY ME PLZ." spam, heh.

Not really interested in debating it though, so... I'll just say it's good that you like to level your stuff.

• Options
    What is dracoing?

Yeah, technically you're supposed to do it that way?

It also has a toxic effect on the community. See 80% of the recruiting chat consisting of "Draco 555 MR 14+ CARRY ME PLZ." spam, heh.

Not really interested in debating it though, so... I'll just say it's good that you like to level your stuff.

My go to is either the earth excavator mission or the saturn survival. Earth when I'm 0'd out, Saturn when I feel more comfortable going longer.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    18.10 has landed, and it has brought us Operation: Rathuum

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    PC recruitment channel isn't that bad, thankfully.

Also it seems thoroughly foolish to expect an organized farming session/setup from a randomly assigned group, that's something you pre-arrange in recruit chat.

And it also sounds dreadfully boring. I wish your own kills XP filtered to your other gear still.

• Options
    Ranlin wrote: »
    PC recruitment channel isn't that bad, thankfully.

Also it seems thoroughly foolish to expect an organized farming session/setup from a randomly assigned group, that's something you pre-arrange in recruit chat.

And it also sounds dreadfully boring. I wish your own kills XP filtered to your other gear still.
    It does for xp from weapons, but not for xp from your Warframe. Presumably this is to help new players, as they won't have the necessary mods to cast often, and thus their warframes need all the XP they can get.

• Options
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    TWIN KOHMAK - Doubling their volley on each successive shot, the Twin Kohmaks decimate foes in seconds. Find them in the Market today, or on Kela de Thaym!

PBR Conversion - we've added PBR Upgrades on Nyx Prime, Ember Prime, Rhino Prime, and Excalibur Prime!

Ember, Rhino and Excal Prime got the PBR treatment in this patch too. Neat.

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    btw, if anyone (on PC) wants to share some T4 Sabotage keys, I'm looking for my last piece of Loki Prime, and will probably be around a bit this weekend.

I'd be up for key sharing, but I don't think I have any T4 Sabs. A lot of other T4 keys though.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    TWIN KOHMAK - Doubling their volley on each successive shot, the Twin Kohmaks decimate foes in seconds. Find them in the Market today, or on Kela de Thaym!

PBR Conversion - we've added PBR Upgrades on Nyx Prime, Ember Prime, Rhino Prime, and Excalibur Prime!

Ember, Rhino and Excal Prime got the PBR treatment in this patch too. Neat.

And Nyx too!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options

I know getting parts from other folks is really just a way to remove potential content and game time, but I probably have a few extra of the loki parts you get from sabotage if you want one.

• Options

What did I do wrong?

That quote is a bit old.

You used to have a Mesa who would stand on the box on the corner that has line of sight to all four capture nodes. He would use Mesa's old 4 to instantly kill everything as soon as it spawns. You'd then have a Trinity that would spam Energy Vampire for infinite energy, and the other two people would run around capturing nodes.

Now, Mesa's 4 was changed so that you have to aim at a target, making it too difficult for the vast majority of players. In comes Excalibur who spams Radial Javelin (his 3) ad nauseam while someone uses a syndicate mod on them to increase their damage. You then have your EV Trinity and someone who AFKs with an unranked frame plus weapons. Most people only go to two waves though, so Nehza and Mag can use their AoE spells in place of Radial Javelin.

Assuming your RJ is constantly spamming 3, and your EV is constantly providing energy, you can bring a single weapon to level 30 in two waves. You can also clear 10k syndicate XP easily. Due to the way XP works, however, the RJ player (the Excalibur) will get all his XP to his Warframe, making it pretty worthless for him. So you've got six or seven groups all clamoring for an Excalibur who just wants Focus or syndicate rep.

Honestly though, it's boring as hell, and it's filled with teenagers who think videogames are serious business. The sheer amount of bitching and complaining rivals LoL and Dota 2 ranked games. I find the entire structure entirely abhorrent and utterly deplorable. The worst part is that it keeps all the people who are spamming draco from doing other maps, making it hard to find groups for the actually enjoyable part of the game.

Then again, I mostly just play solo, so do whatever floats your boat?

• Options
    If you want halfway decent pub groups, you go to Triton, I find.

• Options

What did I do wrong?

That quote is a bit old.

You used to have a Mesa who would stand on the box on the corner that has line of sight to all four capture nodes. He would use Mesa's old 4 to instantly kill everything as soon as it spawns. You'd then have a Trinity that would spam Energy Vampire for infinite energy, and the other two people would run around capturing nodes.

Now, Mesa's 4 was changed so that you have to aim at a target, making it too difficult for the vast majority of players. In comes Excalibur who spams Radial Javelin (his 3) ad nauseam while someone uses a syndicate mod on them to increase their damage. You then have your EV Trinity and someone who AFKs with an unranked frame plus weapons. Most people only go to two waves though, so Nehza and Mag can use their AoE spells in place of Radial Javelin.

Assuming your RJ is constantly spamming 3, and your EV is constantly providing energy, you can bring a single weapon to level 30 in two waves. You can also clear 10k syndicate XP easily. Due to the way XP works, however, the RJ player (the Excalibur) will get all his XP to his Warframe, making it pretty worthless for him. So you've got six or seven groups all clamoring for an Excalibur who just wants Focus or syndicate rep.

Honestly though, it's boring as hell, and it's filled with teenagers who think videogames are serious business. The sheer amount of bitching and complaining rivals LoL and Dota 2 ranked games. I find the entire structure entirely abhorrent and utterly deplorable. The worst part is that it keeps all the people who are spamming draco from doing other maps, making it hard to find groups for the actually enjoyable part of the game.

I enjoy doing draco with friends, the times I've had a problem with randos in public mode are few and far between, but the most efficient strategy I've found nowadays is a volt, or rhino, with a well modded amprex. Like using mesa's ult, it requires active aiming and participation, but I can get a lot more kills per wave with it.

I mean, I still enjoy complaining about what a rando is doing, anyone using frosts snowglobe, anyone using cc that slows kills down etc. but that's just ranting for entertainment. The difference one or two folks who aren't participating in a beneficial way makes is too small to matter.

• Options
    kralizecc wrote: »

What did I do wrong?

That quote is a bit old.

I enjoy doing draco with friends, the times I've had a problem with randos in public mode are few and far between, but the most efficient strategy I've found nowadays is a volt, or rhino, with a well modded amprex. Like using mesa's ult, it requires active aiming and participation, but I can get a lot more kills per wave with it.

I mean, I still enjoy complaining about what a rando is doing, anyone using frosts snowglobe, anyone using cc that slows kills down etc. but that's just ranting for entertainment. The difference one or two folks who aren't participating in a beneficial way makes is too small to matter.

I'm not trying to say that what you're doing is wrong, I'm just saying that you're literally the scum of the galaxy.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    That's just when it's organized, though. 9 times out of 10 when you are in a pick-up group, especially on consoles, you'll end up on a team with a level 5 Rhino, level 30 Oberon with no power strength, and level 10 Nyx (AFKing), all with shitty weapons and no buffs to their Shields and Health expecting you to carry them to free and delicious XP. I mean, that's what usually happens on Alerts anyway (let's be honest), but it's especially egregious at Draco. Because it has a REPUTATION, you see.

If you decide to do Draco, at least bring a good weapon (in any slot) so you can get some kills. You don't NEED to level up a primary, secondary, AND a melee weapon all at the same time. Even at level 0, you can slot an Aura mod and a basic Redirection or Vitality to keep yourself alive. Don't be That Tenno.

Personally, I like going to Pluto better because I need that goddamn Oxium. And less fuckery with leechers.

Well yeah, but if I wanted to do it 'seriously' I'd ask in Clan/Alliance and round out in Recruiting to build a proper group. Going in blind PuG style is always going to be utter hit and miss.

Always having a decent weapon on hand is a rule of thumb I live by, ideally Primary or Secondary. So I'll happily have a pile of stuff leveling up at once, but my trusty (max rank, kitted out) Ignis, Soma Prime or Sonicor do enough heavy lifting to at least carry some of my weight.

My go-to is generally Pluto Defense once or twice for some quick levels, and then burn through half an hour of Pluto Excavation for a 10-15+ level bump towards usefulness.

Anyway, good to know that data was out of date (I did do some google'ing at least, didn't notice how old the post was), nor am I terribly interested in doing it, but it explains what all those 'Draco LF _____' comments were in recruiting. I usually just go there to round out Void groups.

I'm MR 15 or so and I've never even done one of those (though I did take like a 1-1.5 year break in the 2.25 or so since I started my account). I wasn't trying to state things authoritatively, simply passing along what I found.

This discussion has been closed.