As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

its been ten minutes [chat]

P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
edited January 2016 in Debate and/or Discourse
i have been on hold for ten minutes on this phone call as well secret anime chat protocols engage
i think they have forgotten me and i will be trapped in phone purgatory forever

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
P10 on

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    i have been on hold for ten minutes on this phone call as well

I am glad I checked, because I was just in the process of making my own emergency [chat] and yours is slightly less terrible than mine was going to be!

Good morning P10!

Good morning, rest of [chat] <3

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    I am really excited to hear what the price of the Oculus Rift will be. No way in hell am I buying it before the next hardware generation and seeing if any of the motion controllers ends up panning out, but it will nice to see what the price will be.

Couscous on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Finally got my mom's christmas card yesterday, she sent it out in november.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    So Sirlin is actually making a fighting game based on the characters he made to look like they are from a fighting game?

Also didn't he design SSFIITUHDR or w/e?

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    @Donkey Kong I was in Shanghai and Beijing in March 2008, singing with the UCLA Chorale, and by the time we were done I had pretty much lost my voice and was hacking up grey phlegm in my hotel room.

Glad to hear they've made such significant improvements in the nearly 8 fucking years since then.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    he was the designer behind hdr's remix part, yes
    his writeups about his thoughts on it are good

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    City of Montgomery catching a ride with Uber

City of Montgomery has passed an ordinance allowing Uber.
    Uber is expected to submit the application for their business permit before the next city council meeting.
    The ordinance passed with some ammendments
    1) Rate Caps On Taxis and Uber will be removed
    2) Due to turnover rate, Uber drivers will have 15 days, instead of the standard 30, to have a vehicle inspection
    3) Uber will be allowed to use their current background check service instead of the fingerprinting required for cab operators.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    i have been on hold for ten minutes on this phone call as well secret anime chat protocols engage

MESSAGE RECEIVED

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    INITIATING PHASE 1 ATTACK

• Options
    at what point do i hang up and call back
    how many hours in

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    how many hours in

What are you on hold for?

Also, it is hold, yeah, not phone tree navigation?

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    We've lost Hakks to the animes forever

I blame that infernal DS and it's shamrock whore Toon Link

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    The current AGDQ runner is black, which just caused me to realize how white the event is, generally

(also, as someone had pointed out, there are scattered women in the audience, but not a lot of women runners)

Hrm

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    how many hours in

Put it on speakerphone and go about your life. Depending on the urgency of what you are on hold for, give up after 1 hour.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Shivahn wrote: »
    how many hours in

i was calling the dentist to clarify some simple stuff about an appointment
    (then sent me a confirmation email that mentioned me being scheduled for something i had already done so i wanted to make sure they weren't all screwed up on their end)
    i finally got off hold and had my questions answered in a minute

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    The current AGDQ runner is black, which just caused me to realize how white the event is, generally

(also, as someone had pointed out, there are scattered women in the audience, but not a lot of women runners)

Hrm

there aren't that many asians either eh

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2016

What do you have against Link? Look at him!

DPBovcd.png

Couscous on
  • Options
    how many hours in

i was calling the dentist to clarify some simple stuff about an appointment
    (then sent me a confirmation email that mentioned me being scheduled for something i had already done so i wanted to make sure they weren't all screwed up on their end)
    i finally got off hold and had my questions answered in a minute

Ah

Yeah being on hold for actual doctor's offices is weird, because USUALLY they are reasonable and you aren't forgotten, but you can be, but also you're gambling because they can just end up with terrible patients calling that take forever to talk to for whatever reason.

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »

Hrm

So... fairly representative of the outward face of gamer culture?

• Options

Hrm

This surprised me, actually. I know Asians aren't like, the most represented ethnicity in the US, but growing up like 80% of my friends were and 100% played games, so I kind of half think of gaming as an Asian thing.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

Hrm

There was a lady runner in the L4D2 run! She's the only one I've seen, though.

There have been a number on the couch, and at least one announcer.

There's a Mexican runner called, appropriately, TheMexicanRunner, who did a Lion King run earlier, and is doing a Battletoads run later today.

To nobody's surprise, though, the white dude contingent is still pretty dominant.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    i have been on hold for ten minutes on this phone call as well

I am glad I checked, because I was just in the process of making my own emergency [chat] and yours is slightly less terrible than mine was going to be!

Good morning P10!

Good morning, rest of [chat] <3
    I have been forbidden the creation of [chat] by Senpai.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Is AGDQ always in DC?

Shivahn on
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular

Hrm

This surprised me, actually. I know Asians aren't like, the most represented ethnicity in the US, but growing up like 80% of my friends were and 100% played games, so I kind of half think of gaming as an Asian thing.

also tons of folks in the speed running community are asian

can kind of explain that there aren't too many black folks or women in speed running in general, but that doesn't work for asians

• Options

SHAMROCK WHORE

tumblr_inline_mvlv2ezD8o1qdmg03.gif

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Is AGDQ always in DC?

Yeah

• Options
    Grape Ape wrote: »

Hrm

So... fairly representative of the outward face of gamer culture?

I'd say asians make up the majority of the international competitive gaming face, so no

• Options
    edited January 2016

Hrm

There's a Mexican runner called, appropriately, TheMexicanRunner, who did a Lion King run earlier, and is doing a Battletoads run later today.

To nobody's surprise, though, the white dude contingent is still pretty dominant.

There was a lady runner for Kingdom Hearts 2 in the SGDQ 2015 i watched!

There are often lady runners on the couch too

But yes on the whole i know what you're talking about Shiv

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    how many hours in

It's phone purgatory forever. Not phone purgatory for as long as P10 feels like it.

• Options
    Is AGDQ always in DC?

Yeah

Hrm

Convenient

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Dammit hockey guy. This is a new Chat not page 101 of the last chat.
    *whaps with newspaper*

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    There are also at least 2 trans speedrunners I know of

Withelde and Narcissa (whom was previously Cosmowright)

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Oh hey @Shivahn http://www.usasciencefestival.org/ might maybe be up your alley.

• Options
    The summer event was in Minnesota or something this year.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Also just saying I'm expecting Occulus to be 499-599

• Options
    The summer event was in Minnesota or something this year.

Yup

• Options
    Hakkekage wrote: »

Hrm

There was a lady runner for Kingdom Hearts 2 in the SGDQ 2015 i watched!

There are often lady runners on the couch too

But yes on the whole i know what you're talking about Shiv

Hakkes let's do it

Let's coop speedrun a thing

Surely we both have the free time and desire to do this

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Why there might not be many women in AGDQ:

1. it is on Twitch, and Twitch is a misogynistic cesspool

2. speedrunning probably requires a fairly high level of participation in the speedrunning community (because you probably aren't normally just speedrunning to beet your own PR, I bet), including, I'd imagine, posting videos/streaming yourself playing games to prove that you did it (and thus revealing your gender), leading to A. hostility from the existing male community and audience and B. self-imposed barrier to entry by people not wanting to be the only girl

3. the usual about women (generally, largely, ymmv obviously) not being raised to value competition and as such not wanting to speedrun

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    though really I think it's just an east coast thing if you're outside of ny or atlanta

• Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Dammit hockey guy. This is a new Chat not page 101 of the last chat.
    *whaps with newspaper*

My secret splinter cell secret agent mission has been activated via covert trigger phrase I am now acting on conditioned instinct alone

Hey P10 don't worry i got this

125.gif

This discussion has been closed.