As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] 2015 somehow had 367 days of injuries

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Add Sasha to the pile. Dave says she's out with an undisclosed injury

Also that Natalya will be back soon. I was wrong, she actually was hurt too: broke her ankle in November, and didn't know until she got it examined sometime in December (thought it was just a sprain and she'd be fine after a week, went for a checkup weeks later when she still wasn't)

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Someone teach me how to do the table-flipping emote so I can properly express myself.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Also, if you're still not hip to Mauro Ranallo and want to hear how passionate he is about this whole pro wrestling thing, give this a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZVRR9fdbjw

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    they need an off-season so badly

it isn't the 80s where you do 10 minutes of brawling and win with one high spot and a finisher

it's 10 minutes of high spots with a career-threatening spot before a finisher

Xehalus on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

Not really, they just need to learn how to cycle talent on and off and realize that the crowd won't actually forget about them completely when they're gone.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Schide wrote: »

Not really, they just need to learn how to cycle talent on and off and realize that the crowd won't actually forget about them completely when they're gone.

Also from what I've heard they've been doing a lot of Olympic lifts which is soooooooo stupid.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Olympic lifts?

In 2016???????

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Olympic lifts?

In 2016???????

Well the Olympics are this year, so....

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Natalya coming back will help not having Sasha around. Let's just hope her injury isn't severe.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Also what are Olympic lifts and why are they dangerous

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    They should push Neville god dammit

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    Reigns is in favor of another brand split.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    going for the lifting records that could possibly end your career

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Imagine Miz ever having anything to do on a roster filled to the brim with people more talented and revered than him.

That's the point, everyone knows there are more talented people than Miz but he won the title on a fluke entrant 30 Rumble win. Then he gets destroyed by a monster as the payoff.

As I said it has no chance of happening but Miz is a good enough character to make it work.

For the longest time, I've been advocating for a "shitbag heel enters the Rumble at #30 just as the last two other wrestlers throw each other out, is declared the winner without lifting a finger" finish to the Rumble match. It now occurs to me that Miz would be absolutely perfect in that role.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    going for the lifting records that could possibly end your career

Is this something that happens in the PC or on the main roster?

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Skwigelf wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I know they probably will but I hope they don't change Nakamura's name

It is so much fun to say

well, the way i've kind of settled on it is that WWE.com ran the rumor report using the wrestler's current names. they're obviously teasing this heavy and are pushing the hype. it would seem weird for them to then debut these guys with alternate names.

Pretty sure they announced the signing of KENTA as "Hey we just signed Japanese superstar KENTA!" on WWE.com.
    i'm pretty fresh back into wrestling so I guess I'm not as wise to the weird decisions that have apparently become normal to WWE.

i'm also fairly new to Nakamura. puro is really fantastic!

obaoo6m4bfp4.gif

And here is the most important thing to know about Swagsuke:

1nPFJ1M.jpg

he's incredible! i watched him vs ibushi from this time last year, and him vs tanahashi in the G1 and i'm just blown away with how fun puro is.

i got back into wrestling because of lucha underground and I'm really excited for S2. been watching puro and some WWE while I wait, but WWE just isn't doing it for me currently.

Those are some choice Nakamura matches (him vs Tanahashi is a long and storied thing that I could probably talk about for hours, but I won't because that would be dumb). Here is one of my favourite matches from his blistering IC title reign that people don't talk about much, probably because it's got a very UWFi vibe, and that isn't for everybody.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3fb2ne

Here is in one of the most anticipated matches of 2013 vs NOAH's only bankable star Marafuji:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3gm3iy_shinsuke-nakamura-vs-naomichi-marufuji-14-10-13_sport
    There's also a really good match against the only man who gives less of a fuck than Swagsuke, the one and only Minoru Suzuki, from 2013 but I can't find that in good quality so instead have MiSu vs Sakuraba and MiSu vs AJ Styles' finger:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2qa0q0

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3gbl6q_aj-styles-vs-minoru-suzuki-01-08-14_sport

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    I don't think it's completely fair to blame whatever Sasha's injury is on the main roster schedule.

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    Sasha got injured? She still wrestles?

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    exist wrote: »

She hasn't wrestled in a while. The only talent who we know is injured who's still working is Cody.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Skwigelf wrote: »
    I know they probably will but I hope they don't change Nakamura's name

It is so much fun to say

well, the way i've kind of settled on it is that WWE.com ran the rumor report using the wrestler's current names. they're obviously teasing this heavy and are pushing the hype. it would seem weird for them to then debut these guys with alternate names.

Pretty sure they announced the signing of KENTA as "Hey we just signed Japanese superstar KENTA!" on WWE.com.
    i'm pretty fresh back into wrestling so I guess I'm not as wise to the weird decisions that have apparently become normal to WWE.

i'm also fairly new to Nakamura. puro is really fantastic!

obaoo6m4bfp4.gif

And here is the most important thing to know about Swagsuke:

1nPFJ1M.jpg

he's incredible! i watched him vs ibushi from this time last year, and him vs tanahashi in the G1 and i'm just blown away with how fun puro is.

i got back into wrestling because of lucha underground and I'm really excited for S2. been watching puro and some WWE while I wait, but WWE just isn't doing it for me currently.

Those are some choice Nakamura matches (him vs Tanahashi is a long and storied thing that I could probably talk about for hours, but I won't because that would be dumb). Here is one of my favourite matches from his blistering IC title reign that people don't talk about much, probably because it's got a very UWFi vibe, and that isn't for everybody.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3fb2ne

Here is in one of the most anticipated matches of 2013 vs NOAH's only bankable star Marafuji:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3gm3iy_shinsuke-nakamura-vs-naomichi-marufuji-14-10-13_sport
    There's also a really good match against the only man who gives less of a fuck than Swagsuke, the one and only Minoru Suzuki, from 2013 but I can't find that in good quality so instead have MiSu vs Sakuraba and MiSu vs AJ Styles' finger:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2qa0q0

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3gbl6q_aj-styles-vs-minoru-suzuki-01-08-14_sport

Here's a better Shinsuke match against La Sombra

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x125avr_la-sombra-vs-shinsuke-nakamura-njpw-kizuna-road-akita-2013_sport

• Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    exist wrote: »

According to profightdb.com* she hasn't Sports Entertained since her Dec 28th RAW match with Becky.

*Kinda like this site, because it lists house show match results.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    What if this years 3rd Annual 30 Man Over the Top Rope Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal was mostly NXT guys. (Girls?)

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Also what are Olympic lifts and why are they dangerous
    I don't personally think they're inherently dangerous but certainly something weird seems to be going on. myself, the schedule is nuts enough that I'm not too concerned that they can't manage a proper lifting/fitness regimen.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    What if this years 3rd Annual 30 Man Over the Top Rope Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal was mostly NXT guys. (Girls?)

Corbin wins it and then goes on a rant about how Andre the Giant isn't important because he's just some indie guy.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Well yeah, if you do that you would have the NXT Champion at that time win the Battle Royal. It's only good booking.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Who put Jay Briscoe and Bad Luck Fale in the same match and why are they not fired?

Also who in the fuck thought this English commentary team was a good idea? It's making me miss JR shitting on younger guys from WK9.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    there were false rumors about sasha in the past but I don't think they came from a 'source'.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    411Randle wrote: »
    Someone teach me how to do the table-flipping emote so I can properly express myself.

tumblr_nttjyjyWHl1uzqhwdo2_250.gif

• Options
    Allegedly Finn is pushing to get Bad Luck Fale signed by WWE.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Allegedly Finn is pushing to get Bad Luck Fale signed by WWE.

Nobody's perfect.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Maybe Fale is actually the best wrestler ever, but has just been working a gimmick where he's not?

Or maybe Finn is just getting tired of having to walk to the ring all the time.

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    Who put Jay Briscoe and Bad Luck Fale in the same match and why are they not fired?

Also who in the fuck thought this English commentary team was a good idea? It's making me miss JR shitting on younger guys from WK9.

So you are saying that watching the Japanese commentary when I saw that Matt Striker was part of the English commentary team was the right choice? He's still one of my least favorite parts of Lucha Underground by the way.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Big potential return at the NXT tapings tonight
    It's Alex Riley. I'm sorry for getting your hopes up.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    http://www.sescoops.com/shinsuke-nakamura-comments-on-leaving-njpw-for-wwe/

Shinsuke officially confirmed he's heading for WWE in an interview

This has got to be their biggest signing since... damn I can't think of the last one to compare.

Maybe Kenta?

Since Kana.

Seriously

Since Kana.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Wrestle Kingdom poll results from the Observer newsletter, just for fun
    NEW JAPAN WRESTLE KINGDOM 10

Thumbs up 242 (99.6% )

Thumbs down 0 (00.0%)

In the middle 1 (00.4%)

BEST MATCH POLL

Kazuchika Okada vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi 165

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. A.J. Styles 68

Katsuyori Shibata vs. Tomohiro Ishii 21

WORST MATCH POLL

New Japan Rumble 118

Briscoes & Yano vs. Bullet Club 63

• Options

So you are saying that watching the Japanese commentary when I saw that Matt Striker was part of the English commentary team was the right choice? He's still one of my least favorite parts of Lucha Underground by the way.

Matt Striker and Kevin Kelly is just the drizzling shits.

Seriously, if you think Michael Cole is a bad announcer then just listen to Kelly for 5 minutes. It's the fucking worst.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    – The Wrestling Observer Newsletter has some new details on John Cena’s shoulder injury. As noted earlier, Cena is getting surgery today on the shoulder and will miss the Royal Rumble.

The site reports that Cena has been having shoulder problems which were getting worse while he was training. He is said to have wanted to get the surgery done as soon as posssible; it was noted that his training partner Cesaro is also out with a similar injury.

The expected recovery time is six months, but Cena has a history of coming back sooner. His return window will be clearer once he starts rehabbing after surgery.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

This has got to be their biggest signing since... damn I can't think of the last one to compare.

Maybe Kenta?

Since Kana.

Seriously

Since Kana.

Since Kana?

Seriously

Since La Sombra.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options

Maybe Kenta?

Since Kana.

Seriously

Since Kana.

Since Kana?

Seriously

Since La Sombra.

I hate to rain on the parade, but the signing of Devitt and Sting are probably the only ones that are on this level recently.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular

Matt Striker and Kevin Kelly is just the drizzling shits.

Seriously, if you think Michael Cole is a bad announcer then just listen to Kelly for 5 minutes. It's the fucking worst.

I made the mistake of watching fifteen minutes of the English commentary for the show after Wrestle Kingdom (New Years Bash?). It made me so sad.

This discussion has been closed.