As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Snape kills [Chat]eldore

bowenbowen How you doin'?Registered User regular
bOoUTlt.png

Geth like knows just about when I'm getting ready to take a dump or something.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    SPTHOILERTH!

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    [Chat]eldore, the most humble and powerful of Wizards.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    i thought he was actually [Chat]eldore's father

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

and also kind of a dick when you really think about it

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

1e0a7829e55dfa17ab4358db9bcf94f6.jpg

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    These bowel movement spoilers

bowen movement?

bowenel movement

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Snape is the OG mra nice guy

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

600 points for hufflepuff

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    TL DR wrote: »

1e0a7829e55dfa17ab4358db9bcf94f6.jpg

I love these.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    wow the achewood appreciation thread is almost 10 years old

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    4546880839_697cdee049.jpg
    drops the mic

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

Is Achewood back or something?

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    @Powerpuppies he cast summon candidate but that's a 1x/daily spell : (

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

I was amazed at that when the thread popped up the other night

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I just turned in my receipts, collected my mileage and reimbursement for food.

*rubs claws together gleefully*

• Options

Is Achewood back or something?

i think there are whispers on the breeze and the dude made a couple comics a few months ago or something

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    my mom is trying to tell me about the new selena gomez song

and how it relates to selena and justin beiber breaking up

n4N1LCZU2HM1M.gif

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    my mom is trying to tell me about the new selena gomez song

and how it relates to selena and justin beiber breaking up

n4N1LCZU2HM1M.gif

oh mom you're so hip

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    I remember when this place was nothing but Achewood comics as far as the eye could see.

• Options
    10 years with only 40 pages? Jesus it's got another 15 years on it.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Yeah Justin Timberlake already did the public breakup song

it's called Cry Me a River

and is one of the best pop songs ever

so

GL Selena

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    He expensed quite Jewishly

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    idk mom

idk how i don't know who selena gomez is. i guess i'm a nerd.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    Is she the one who rides the wrecking ball?

• Options
    we have better comics now

5to7y0p0ou5a.png

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »

so

GL Selena

It's no Blank Space
    SKFM isn't here, so somebody has to defend Tay Sway's honor.

• Options
    zepherin wrote: »

so

GL Selena

It's no Blank Space

You might think so, but

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    oh boy

#1 asked wife what happened to the dinosaurs and what extinct meant. He said his preschool teachers wouldn't tell him (they are learning about dinosaurs right now I guess).

So wife finds a YouTube video about what happened. She says the video was fine but #1 totally freaked out.

He started crying and going on about how all the dinosaurs ended up like Leroy (our dog that died last year). Started asking if people will go extinct and if Mommy and Daddy will go extinct. He was so hysterical he refused to go to preschool or leave wife's side because what if she goes extinct while he's gone.

So now he's sitting at home on the couch, catatonically watching a Mickey Mouse movie (something he hardly ever wants to do unless he's sick) and doesn't want to talk about dinosaurs ever again.

And thus begins the crumbling of his youthful innocence.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    TL DR wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »

so

GL Selena

It's no Blank Space

You might think so, but

yeah her honor is beyond reproach

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Why am I so bah and sleepy today

It is terrible

• Options
    Our Queen will always be represented.
    Praise the Swift
    Praise the Swift

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    oh boy

#1 asked wife what happened to the dinosaurs and what extinct meant. He said his preschool teachers wouldn't tell him (they are learning about dinosaurs right now I guess).

So wife finds a YouTube video about what happened. She says the video was fine but #1 totally freaked out.

He started crying and going on about how all the dinosaurs ended up like Leroy (our dog that died last year). Started asking if people will go extinct and if Mommy and Daddy will go extinct. He was so hysterical he refused to go to preschool or leave wife's side because what if she goes extinct while he's gone.

So now he's sitting at home on the couch, catatonically watching a Mickey Mouse movie (something he hardly ever wants to do unless he's sick) and doesn't want to talk about dinosaurs ever again.

i remember when i found out that i would eventually see everyone i knew or loved die

• Options
    that Justin Bieber breakup song makes me think of best bro and his fiancée every time i hear it

• Options
    i watch a lot of mickey mouse now is what i'm saying

• Options
    *requests it 10 times at the wedding reception*

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    idk mom

idk how i don't know who selena gomez is. i guess i'm a nerd.

She's some sort of spokeswoman for Borden milk, I think.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqpl0AHbMuA

• Options
    oh boy

put him on the phone with uncle ludious and I will read him some wikipedia entries about prion diseases

• Options
    oh boy

You could tell him that if something makes you or mom go extinct, he'll go extinct too and everyone in it together and has nothing to worry about!

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Nova C wrote:
    How would you make a purely co-op game that can't be metagamed by one player without introducing competitive elements?
    There are two primary mechanisms and one mechanism that I haven't really seen in games (but someone tells me that this exists):
    * Imperfect Information - This covers either hidden information that is strictly enforced (Hanabi) or randomized game states that cannot be predicted with reasonable accuracy (Flashpoint: Fire Rescue). The Lord of the Rings LCG does this in an interesting way because each person is responsible for building their own decks, MtG-style. Since you did not build the deck, you probably won't know what possibilities your partners' decks bring to the table.
    * Timers - You can only do so much in a span of time. Space Alert and X-Com uses timers to prevent one person from doing everything... a single human being simply cannot process and manipulate game elements in a sufficiently limited amount of time.
    * Policing - You hand out penalties for quarterbacking. This is the one that I haven't really seen, but I'm told there are games where penalty chips are handed out for speaking out of turn or something like that.

Really, it boils down to table etiquette. Also, Quarterbacking shouldn't always be seen as a terrible thing in co-ops. It's a feature, in that this is often how people cooperate in the real world... at some point, you cede control to someone else's idea. Some people prefer to be guided when they play board games, too. In a lot of co-ops, the leader "role" is baked into the game. The Captain in Space Alert, the coordinator/captain role in Flashpoint, etc.

Another idea came to mind. I haven't seen this in a board game yet, but you can have a rotating leader role for each turn whose word is law for that turn, like The Resistance (which is a competitive game). No matter what the Quarterbacker says, they wouldn't be able to control the turn for that round, other than being loud and obnoxious.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
This discussion has been closed.