The Webcomics Ship has Sailed

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    Machwing wrote: »
    MI_web_303a.jpg
    Mare Internum is about riding on his back

it's got some triggering content

I feel like I've missed a page where the alien got introduced.

you didn't

it's legs appearing closed out the last chapter, and then while we were messing around flashing back on teen mike current mike and al there were becoming fast friends and now they don't feel like doing the intro scene again just because we missed it, so here we are

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    zkiiyh8rs9hp.png
    If you use toes, base-22 is more reasonable.
    a4hx7jhakow4.png

except you can make 3,628,800 different symbols using your fingers, not 11.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    Paladin wrote: »
    Demon is the dumbest thing

Reading these pages, it feels sort of disappointing that the one-legged guys have both a wooden leg _and_ a baseball bat; it seems a bit redundant somehow. Given this is The Future, why don't they have awesome computerized legs like this one? I mean, I get that the point is that both Hunter and Jimmy are massively less smart than they think themselves to be, but it still feels like a missed opportunity.

Why are they all missing a leg anyway

I think the idea is that while they are used to getting around on one leg, Jimmy is not, so if he possesses one of them, the others would be able to identify and beat him up pretty easily.

That explains why they're not all bionic I guess

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    1454789485-TB_05_235.png
    You've got to have manners, bud.

Blindsprings

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Fuck you spirits!

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Fuck you spirits!

You already did, now it's our turn

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    yBw0KO5.jpg
    Optional additional punchline:

Pinkie Pie: "Aww, isn't that adorable? She thinks I'm insane!"
    friendshipisdragons.thecomicseries.com

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    2-12-9.jpg.jpeg

okay normally I'm okay to just scroll past this shitty comic but I read this one and changing gender as punishment is an extremely fucked up thing to put in your story for so many reasons

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I tried reading that comic twice but my brain refused to derive any coherence from the words, well done

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    is that hark: avast!

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    2-12-9.jpg.jpeg

okay normally I'm okay to just scroll past this shitty comic but I read this one and changing gender as punishment is an extremely fucked up thing to put in your story for so many reasons

I could stand corrected given the next page... but I don't think it's implying it's a punishment? The guy being referenced is a young adult coming into their own, and the dude says "when you want to change your gender"

Further context could prove me wrong, but it seems like he's saying typically when people the same age as the prince are being this hard to deal with, it's because they're actually transgender, and going through the ritual to fix their gender to what it should be addresses the major cause of their difficulty. The way it's phrased doesn't seem like it's something people are forced to do.

But this is just my interpretation, the author hasn't seemed particularly problematic about social issues in the past that I can tell, so I'm hoping he isn't being so now.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I tried reading that comic twice but my brain refused to derive any coherence from the words, well done

The only word you need to comprehend is SHUNK

• Options
    The prince's caretaker assumes the Prince is trans and assumes their attitude is because they have yet to accept it.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    2-12-9.jpg.jpeg

I could stand corrected given the next page... but I don't think it's implying it's a punishment? The guy being referenced is a young adult coming into their own, and the dude says "when you want to change your gender"

Further context could prove me wrong, but it seems like he's saying typically when people the same age as the prince are being this hard to deal with, it's because they're actually transgender, and going through the ritual to fix their gender to what it should be addresses the major cause of their difficulty. The way it's phrased doesn't seem like it's something people are forced to do.

But this is just my interpretation, the author hasn't seemed particularly problematic about social issues in the past that I can tell, so I'm hoping he isn't being so now.

This sounds like a reasonable explanation, but why is the grey dog character so upset to find out about this?

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    I'm reading it as confused

Like, imagine if you visited a country where there was a magical, seemingly complication-free and socially accepted method to change gender. If you'd never heard of transgender concepts before that would be a lot to take in at once.

• Options
    MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    Let's definitely talk about that dumb webcomic

am I referring to harkovast or demon??? it is a mystery

2016-02-01-webcomics-horror.jpg

false positive is beginning a new story. I bet something vaguely spooky will happen and ultimately remain unexplained in this one

l3icwZV.png
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Windows011.png
    Windows012.png
    Windows0131.png

Bouletcorp has been dealing with computers recently. It has traditionally been nsfw.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    2-12-9.jpg.jpeg

This sounds like a reasonable explanation, but why is the grey dog character so upset to find out about this?

Pretty much what Quantum Tiger said. He's from a totally different culture from a completely different part of the world. He doesn't know how to handle what he's just been told, it's something he's totally culturally unprepared to even think about.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    1454789485-TB_05_235.png
    You've got to have manners, bud.

Blindsprings

"There is no Tammy, only Zuul."

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    2016-02-06-440.png
    $30 service fee for flipping a goddamn switch YOU GREEDY VULTURES

• Options
    Stardust is a golden age comic super hero
    Stardust-1-p1.jpg

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Okay

Real talk

Stardust the Superwizard is fucking horrifying.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Huh
    Fantomah was also done by Fletcher hanks
    fletcher-web2.jpg

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    the life and work of fletcher hanks is a fascinating and terrifying rabbit hole to go down

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Golden Age superheroes are the best.

http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Public_Domain_Super_Heroes

I go here and click Random Page on occasion. Here's some fan art I did of a favourite of mine (four years ago, my art is better worse now).
    f5ndo8z6k6fm.jpg
    Brickbat is a bad guy who throws "brick-like death dealing objects" filled with poison gas. He didn't have a Batman '66 inspired logo but I thought he deserved one.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
    TKmPSdx.gif

qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Fletcher Hanks had a unique capacity for madness.

tumblr_o0ev9jB69T1u2u7a2o1_1280.jpg

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    My god it's full of stars.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Fletcher Hanks had a unique capacity for madness.
    tumblr_o0ev9jB69T1u2u7a2o1_1280.jpg
    dqjy40l0vqki.png

cB557 on
  • Options
    EvilCakeEvilCake Richmond VARegistered User regular
    somehow I always knew I'd die being blasted by a leopard woman's head gun

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    EvilCake wrote: »
    somehow I always knew I'd die being blasted by a leopard woman's head gun

The old gravedigger was right after all

• Options
    Sending to skyrim boards as soon as possible.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    db1XaYp.jpg

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    2016-02-07-occasionally.png

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Cool dad can't stay cool forever, right?
    This is just setting us up for a more horrible event in the not to distant future, right?

Car accident? MacIntyre show's back up with his shotgun (somehow)?

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Cool dad's secret weakness is that he's a pushover for not-so-cool mum

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    nw02_037.jpg

nw02_038.jpg

North World: Epic of Conrad ran as a webcomic in 2007-2008. The original webcomic site is now down, but the comic is available on the author's website. It has also been published by Oni Press as a paperback

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Cool dad can't stay cool forever, right?
    This is just setting us up for a more horrible event in the not to distant future, right?

Car accident? MacIntyre show's back up with his shotgun (somehow)?

Betting it's setting it up for her mom to continue her phone conversation and be as bad as toe-dad.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    So he didnt say you and Becky. He said Becky specifically.

Someone has a secret half sister.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
This discussion has been closed.