As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's a Magical [chat]

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    shaz what have u done

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    that looks good as shit

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I have started digging out.

received_10154494249285656_zps2nsh0dxe.jpeg

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    Oh, thank god, those weren't crow's feet- just a really rough night

This is what getting older hath wrought. Every morning you check for further evidence of decay, that slow but inexorable advance towards the grave.

I thought I'd broken the Black Don't Crack rule, somehow

I'd begun shopping for a modest ice flow to camp on for my birthday

Nope! Just need to avoid mixing booze and antidepressants

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I have started digging out.

received_10154494249285656_zps2nsh0dxe.jpeg
    my car says it's 66 degrees out

rekt

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    shazbert tell me what all of those things are

queso and chili (chips not shown)
    brisket tacos
    baked potato with the works
    smoked chicken wings with buffalo sauce and blue cheese sauce sides
    michelada

also since they were gonna close soon cuz of snow they gave us 2 pieces of corn bread which i took home

also, girl is from texas and verifies quality of the queso and the briskey

poo
  • Options
    FUCK YOU ARES!

Seriously though about 2 feet and more sow. In fact just hit white out mode. Can't see across the street.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    brisket tacos nom nom nom

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Dean Strang in Making A Murderer looks so much like John Darnielle

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    Time to make the donuts.

@Preacher: sort of a cumulative observation from posts over the days is you might have a potential opportunity in developing more effective burping techniques. Maybe some feeding strategies. That poor babby seems awful gassy. Unless it's hereditary. I know my kids set up for failure in that regard :)

I think like me he's just a gassy little guy. more proof he's mine.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    FUCK YOU ARES!

Seriously though about 2 feet and more sow. In fact just hit white out mode. Can't see across the street.

bro I had Santiago's yesterday because there's one right by my pharmacy. had the hot green chile because it makes me forget that my body hurts.
    4IL3qfl.jpg

steak deluxe. I ate on the patio because it was nice out

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    ludious we walked past a pile of books, and my priest lady couldn't resist reading one

it was unsettling and it pushed her over the edge into paranoia

now we're in a fight and she keeps yelling that they can sense her purity and it's freaking out the rest of the party

haha

If they hit 100 insanity and it goes badly you gotta pull out

Which is something I know you've never done but

fuck that

I've had 3 people go crazy every foray so far (only 2 trips)

they can drink it off when they get back to town

now bring me those treasures *cracks whip*

I had a post earlier today

There's an orange rarity item for the Crusader which increases his chance of going HAM and not going crazy when he hits 100 stress

Torchless playthrough here I come

I love it when characters get virtues from stress. I also love how well the narrative and gameplay intertwine. The characters, deep in the dungeon, almost at their breaking point, before one of them takes charge and declares, "No, not today, we will triumph," and then the game gives you mechanics to do so. Or conversely, a party that is battered and broken, being driven forward by a powerful greed that overwhelms their faculties, only to have their lives snuffed out in the darkness. Perhaps one of their number manages to flee with what he can carry, coins spilling out of his pockets, leaving the dead bodies of his companions, perhaps not.

Also, a shoutout to the SFX that happens at 0% torchlight. With no vision to guide them, the heroes cannot help but hear the horrible sounds of guttural cries, flesh scraping against stone,

I'm very enamored with Darkest Dungeon. It's such a well executed, consistent vision.

• Options
    I will murder you Ares.

Death will come once my arms stop hurting.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    ludious we walked past a pile of books, and my priest lady couldn't resist reading one

it was unsettling and it pushed her over the edge into paranoia

now we're in a fight and she keeps yelling that they can sense her purity and it's freaking out the rest of the party

haha

If they hit 100 insanity and it goes badly you gotta pull out

Which is something I know you've never done but

fuck that

I've had 3 people go crazy every foray so far (only 2 trips)

they can drink it off when they get back to town

now bring me those treasures *cracks whip*

I had a post earlier today

There's an orange rarity item for the Crusader which increases his chance of going HAM and not going crazy when he hits 100 stress

Torchless playthrough here I come

I love it when characters get virtues from stress. I also love how well the narrative and gameplay intertwine. The characters, deep in the dungeon, almost at their breaking point, before one of them takes charge and declares, "No, not today, we will triumph," and then the game gives you mechanics to do so. Or conversely, a party that is battered and broken, being driven forward by a powerful greed that overwhelms their faculties, only to have their lives snuffed out in the darkness. Perhaps one of their number manages to flee with what he can carry, coins spilling out of his pockets, leaving the dead bodies of his companions, perhaps not.

Also, a shoutout to the SFX that happens at 0% torchlight. With no vision to guide them, the heroes cannot help but hear the horrible sounds of guttural cries, flesh scraping against stone,

I'm very enamored with Darkest Dungeon. It's such a well executed, consistent vision.

So much this.

Also, you (and everyone) should really look into Armored Warfare. I'm just going to keep fucking shilling it in chat because it's a shameless World of Tanks ripoff without shitty spot detection mechanics, with modern vehicles, made by Obsidian.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i like efrain's more than santiago's

but my job often caters santiago's breakfast burritos for management and they're ok

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    As philly gets over a foot and a half of snow, it is 55 here. The warmest it's been in a good while.

Fine weather for Taco Bell.

There is no such weather.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    i like efrain's more than santiago's

but my job often caters santiago's breakfast burritos for management and they're ok

I still need to try Efrains

I should head up your direction one of these days

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Hahaha holy shit what happened to these LCS teams? Lots of player movement in the offseason I guess.

I recognize a lot of names that are on different teams, but I can't remember which teams they used to be on.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    So, we require users be authorized, right? Privacy laws and all that. So users can set up a password so we can confirm over the phone that we're talking to an account holder.

About a year ago I got a call from a lady who said her daughter kept giving out her wifi password and we kept giving her wifi password to her daughter, so I specifically marked on her account that for all issues, the customer REQUIRES we verify her with her authorization password.

We get calls from "her" on a nearly weekly basis to change her wifi password.

The thing is, I KNOW it's her daughter calling in some of the time. But I can't do anything because she has the current authorization password.

So not only is this lady giving her daughter the wifi password, she also gives her the auth password and until about a week ago I couldn't figure out why.

But on a call last week, I realized it's because she's lazy. When she forgets her wifi password, she has her daughter call in for her and just gives her daughter the auth password, then gets mad at us when her daughter calls in on her own and changes the wifi password.

Hilarous.

I ... why is her daughter changing the password?

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Just parked a Sheridan on top of a hill overlooking a city and it was just FUCK YOUUUUUUUUU constantly launching ATGM's at everything in sight range, and getting some pinpoints on hull-down stuff thinking they were safe.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »
    Started watching Ricky & Morty S2 sometime yesterday, and now it's done. Pretty good season.

Ehhhhh...

i'd say Season 1 was stronger overall, but the good parts of Season 2 are a lot better than the good parts of season 1.

Agree completely.

S1 is much more consistent. S2 has a few really great episodes but one really awful one, a few bad ones and just gets repetitive as fuck with the Jerry/Beth stories after awhile.

It has Total Rickall though which is the best episode ever. Hopefully S3 is better.

• Options
    I do love the Jerry/Beth story with the alien therapists though.

The climax of that episode is great.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    So, we require users be authorized, right? Privacy laws and all that. So users can set up a password so we can confirm over the phone that we're talking to an account holder.

About a year ago I got a call from a lady who said her daughter kept giving out her wifi password and we kept giving her wifi password to her daughter, so I specifically marked on her account that for all issues, the customer REQUIRES we verify her with her authorization password.

The thing is, I KNOW it's her daughter calling in some of the time. But I can't do anything because she has the current authorization password.

So not only is this lady giving her daughter the wifi password, she also gives her the auth password and until about a week ago I couldn't figure out why.

But on a call last week, I realized it's because she's lazy. When she forgets her wifi password, she has her daughter call in for her and just gives her daughter the auth password, then gets mad at us when her daughter calls in on her own and changes the wifi password.

Hilarous.

Because the lady doesn't give the wifi password to her daughter, until it's inconvenient. So when the daughter tries to log in to wifi and can't, and mom won't give her the password, she calls us and has us change the wifi password, confirming she is the account holder with the correct authorization because the last time the lady changed the authorization, she gave that password to her daughter.

• Options

Hilarous.

I would bet that the mother isn't forgetting... she's just being lied to:

"Mooom the wifi is broken again! I wish those guys didn't suck. Can I call and change it?"

"Sure, dear. I don't know what we pay them for, that thing never works right."

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »

Hilarous.

"Mooom the wifi is broken again! I wish those guys didn't suck. Can I call and change it?"

Like I said, I didn't know what was going on until that one call. I heard her mom in the background complaining about how she can never remember the wifi password.

• Options
    @Thomamelas @programjunkie

Hey, what is doctrine on ATGMs, anyways? The game recommends they are "Best Used: Against Light Vehicles without countermeasures to stop them", but the 320 m/s flight speed means I'm going to play hell trying to hit something smaller than a MBT moving at a good clip.

There's a noticeably aggravating lead time with anything not firing APFSDS shells. A lot of the HE/HEAT stuff only moves at 750 or so.

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    navgoose wrote: »
    Time to make the donuts.

@Preacher: sort of a cumulative observation from posts over the days is you might have a potential opportunity in developing more effective burping techniques. Maybe some feeding strategies. That poor babby seems awful gassy. Unless it's hereditary. I know my kids set up for failure in that regard :)

I think like me he's just a gassy little guy. more proof he's mine.

he's breastmilk only right now, yeah?

Whatever mom is eating is the culprit.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    haha.

Hahaha.

I want to draw Sardonyx from Steven Universe now, like I drew that excellent Garnet yesterday and I just don't remember how to do that.

Hahaha, I think i wasn't all there when i made that...

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    The 2 Brothers trailer in that alien cable episode is bar none my favorite thing those guys have done. Cracks me up every damn time.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    spool32 wrote: »

Hilarous.

Like I said, I didn't know what was going on until that one call. I heard her mom in the background complaining about how she can never remember the wifi password.

God that's amazing.

I tried to have some hope for humanity, but no.

No.

• Options
    Incontrovertible proof that people who use the built-in WiFi in their ISP's modem/router combo are worse than 10 Hitlers.

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    That is one of the things I miss from Tejas.

Tex-Mex, Tex-Mex as far as the eye can see.

Taco Garage was good times.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    Feral wrote: »
    Incontrovertible proof that people who use the built-in WiFi in their ISP's modem/router combo are worse than 10 Hitlers.

Xfinity is switching to a DOCSIS 3.0 ARRIS modem that's been perfectly fine, here.

I mean, I'm still throwing money down a hole until I just buy a Surfboard, but whatever.

• Options
    Feral wrote: »

We offer regular wired only modems so you don't have to put a router behind a router.

So many opt for the wireless gateways.

I am, of course, running a Nitehawk router at home because fuck those wifi modems.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I am making what I am assured is Texas style chili.

Chuck
    Onions
    Spices
    Chili paste (made from dried chiles and stock)
    Stock

That's it. Currently simmering happily away in the Dutch oven.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    shryke wrote: »

Hilarous.

Because the lady doesn't give the wifi password to her daughter, until it's inconvenient. So when the daughter tries to log in to wifi and can't, and mom won't give her the password, she calls us and has us change the wifi password, confirming she is the account holder with the correct authorization because the last time the lady changed the authorization, she gave that password to her daughter.

But why is the girl changing the password? Why not just change it to one her mom already thinks it is. Once you change the password to something mom doesn't know, it will get changed eventually. So you just find out the password and say nothing.

This is basic shit. These people are dumb.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I guess Darkest Dungeon has finished its storyline?

When I played there was only the intro followed by grinding levels without any long term objectives.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
This discussion has been closed.