As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Robot's Stakehouse (Vampire Phalla Graveyard Chat)

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Yea, less to laugh about in the last day.

Don't worry about mistakes, we all make them and it's how you learn. Elendil (ATHAN!) and I handed Rishi to Aroduc long ago. (He trusted the wrong guy and I had done stuff that made me suspicious.) Ah well.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Don't worry about mistakes, we all make them and it's how you learn. Elendil (ATHAN!) and I handed Rishi to Aroduc long ago. (He trusted the wrong guy and I had done stuff that made me suspicious.) Ah well.

Honestly, with the rules as confusing as they were, I don't think I did too horrible... I definitely did learn that if you are in a position of power, people actually listen to you... I wasn't used to that in Phalla. Other than that, I really don't think I should say more... other than I would much rather do this when I wasn't bogged down with finals.

Edit: The DiggerDude thing on day1 was pretty embarrassing though, I have to admit. And killing MrBlarney was humiliating... it was like I was tied up and everyone was throwing stones at me. I was but a pawn!

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Yeah, they listen to you, even when you tell them not to just listen to you and to think for themselves. :P

And hey, I was listening to you in Rygar's game, I was just really busy and so I didn't really get a chance to respond to everyone's ideas. I'm sure you know what being really busy feels like now. :)

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Buzz Buzz wrote: »
    I'm sure you know what being really busy feels like now. :)

Man, that is TRUTH!

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I can't believe I managed to live on Day Two. I can't wait to see how the rest of this pans out.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    If your not a bad guy can you keep my identity to yourself.

Grundlterror knows, but he is the only other one (I also let him know I pmed you).

D:D:D: O_o O_o O_o D: O_o O_o O_o D:D: O_o O_o

Oh frandelgearslip, you amateur. D:

What the fuck?

At the time my original pm to jdarksun was sent grundlterror had not come forward yet. Also look at the clue it screams that jdarksun is a ventrue. How was I to know that my first clue seemed dedicated to getting me killed off by suggesting I contact the kue-jin under the illusion that he was ventrue.

Then after grundlterror came forward, it was still probable that jdarksun might be ventrue so I pmed him to keep my identity to himself, because I did not want to be in the network (which would have been a good move because of Ardor's fucked up deal with the assamites).

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Oh lord, in this game people didn't even WANT to be in the Network.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Drez wrote: »
    Oh lord, in this game people didn't even WANT to be in the Network.

I ended up having to join the network just to find out whether jdarksun was ventrue or not, grundlterror would not tell me either way unless I joined. (I ended up dying before I could officially join)
    Just want to clarify, your doing all kinds of crazy shit DON"T GIVE MY IDENTITY TO ANYBODY ELSE

By the way, I didn't give away your identity.

This was sent to me after I died and is false. He revealed my identity on the network protoboards to everybody before I ever agreed to join the network.

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Go go ego-search.

Am I allowed to post here? Meh. It's not so much that you were suspicious as Aroduc being really goddamn good and me being, in retrospect, kind of a tard. I actually did suspect him a little, and I did attempt to test him. Unfortunately, I thought of it a bit too late for it to be useful. That was the same night of the guardian snafu, where I lost my one completely trustworthy ally. So between the three of you left, Aroduc seemed the most legit, so I decided to choose between you and the other guy. Whoops! I basically learned everything I know about monstering from the last few days of Rishiri.

I actually played pretty badly for me in the Phalliad. My true shining moment of monster glory was Newham. By far.

Elendil on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Elendil wrote: »

Go go ego-search.

Am I allowed to post here? Meh. It's not so much that you were suspicious as Aroduc being really goddamn good and me being, in retrospect, kind of a tard. I actually did suspect him a little, and I did attempt to test him. Unfortunately, I thought of it a bit too late for it to be useful. That was the same night of the guardian snafu, where I lost my one completely trustworthy ally. So between the three of you left, Aroduc seemed the most legit, so I decided to choose between you and the other guy. Whoops! I basically learned everything I know about monstering from the last few days of Rishiri.

I actually played pretty badly for me in the Phalliad. My true shining moment of monster glory was Newham. By far.
    Shut up, Athan.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    Squash, just fyi, your not the greatest having in a network, or at least you easily frustrate people.

Well, yeah; that's a given. But I do pick winners. Note the target on the forehead; the spies know this (and will never admit it, even after you see the results of tonight's mob vote) and want me out.

Cantide on the other game? That was originally Buzz Buzz's call. I just ran with it.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    jdarksun wrote: »
    If your not a bad guy can you keep my identity to yourself.

Grundlterror knows, but he is the only other one (I also let him know I pmed you).

D:D:D: O_o O_o O_o D: O_o O_o O_o D:D: O_o O_o

Oh frandelgearslip, you amateur. D:

What the fuck?

At the time my original pm to jdarksun was sent grundlterror had not come forward yet.

The "Red Star" thing, which was in my PM, I chalked up to being some sort of White Wolf Games/World of Darkness BS.

In your situation, you shouldn't have PM'd jdarksun. You should have PM'd only Grundl, the only "forthcoming Ventrue" and therefore 99% likely an actual (don't say "confirmed" because that causes Baby Jesus to cry) Ventrue.

You should have PM'd Grundl (and Grundl only) with something like I'm a Malkavian and I'm interpreting my PM to say that jdarksun is a Ventrue; I'm not contacting jdarksun in the event this is false. {insert explanation of derivation of PM to mean jdarksun here}

No one should have PM'd TehSpectre, but I also don't think TehSpectre should have been bandwagoned on day one.

Digger Dude should never have come forward and I'm not sure who "outed" Ardor, but doing that was a fiasco too.

The only defense any of the Sabbat or Neutrals could have taken to damage Grundl coming forth as the Ventrue would have been for one or more of them to come forward and claim to be the Ventrue family, had Digger Dude and Ardor not come forward. And I have yet to see a Phalla where the Spies publicly pretend to be someone to directly conflict another's claims.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    You're also cocky and full of yourself and even if you're the biggest Phalla genius on the planet you're a dipshit.

Oh, and you also kept talking and making suggestions on the Network forums when you were dead.

And one of those suggestions was that FWD wasn't the last Alien.

So, your ego is unwarranted, oh great one.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    You're also cocky and full of yourself and even if you're the biggest Phalla genius on the planet you're a dipshit.

A BLOO BLOO BLOO

You're just mad b/c I made you on pretty much day freaking ONE; you get "so into" defending yourself that you make this shit personal.

Buck up, sassy.

Squashua on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007

A BLOO BLOO BLOO

You're just mad b/c I made you on pretty much day freaking ONE; you get "so into" defending yourself that you make this shit personal.

Buck up, sassy.

Squashua, everyone is mad at you all the time for just the reasons Drez has stated. You are deluding yourself if you think otherwise.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

A BLOO BLOO BLOO

Buck up, sassy.

No, it's pretty clear to me that even though you fingered three Aliens last game, you're upset that (a) people accused you of foul play and (b) people attributed the victory to me, not you. You keep trying to call attention to yourself here about how you're such a smartypants when, frankly, people don't give a shit. I didn't say it during the last game because I didn't know you all too well at the time, but even as a network member I found you irritating and then when you were killed you were the primary reason I kept complaining about ghosts talking in the thread.

I may be "mean," but there's always a strategy behind it, and I don't carry an ego either. You, on the other hand, are just annoying. I haven't spoken to one person that thinks otherwise. I was worried that people would suspect me on Day Three because you railed so hard against me in the game and we killed you. It's pretty funny that nobody even so much as pointed it out, as if they expected the Sabbat to kill you anyway for being so crude and obnoxious in the thread and were more or less fine with it.

I'm not trying to be mean here. I mean, I've written you off completely at this point. But you might be able to redeem yourself to others, I dunno...maybe they are more patient and tolerant than I am.

So, instead of going around whining that your Phalla mastery and intelligence isn't getting the praise and recognition you think it deserves and instead of rewriting all my posts as abloo abloo abloo which is a childish and stupid thing to do, you should perhaps reexamine your crass style of communication, even to your allies.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    The "Red Star" thing, which was in my PM, I chalked up to being some sort of White Wolf Games/World of Darkness BS.

In your situation, you shouldn't have PM'd jdarksun. You should have PM'd only Grundl, the only "forthcoming Ventrue" and therefore 99% likely an actual (don't say "confirmed" because that causes Baby Jesus to cry) Ventrue.

You should have PM'd Grundl (and Grundl only) with something like I'm a Malkavian and I'm interpreting my PM to say that jdarksun is a Ventrue; I'm not contacting jdarksun in the event this is false. {insert explanation of derivation of PM to mean jdarksun here}

Yes genius, may I ask how many days you outlasted me?

And again I pmed jdarksun before grundlterror ever came forward, before the possibility of a family member coming forward had ever been brought up in the main thread. If grundlterror had been public at the time I never would have pmed jdarksun. I am not a frickin psychic I had no idea grundlterror was going to come forward.

When grundlterror did come forward I went "fuck me", but by then it was too late to take that pm back. If I was going to be of any use I had to try and interpret the damn visions.

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Edit: The DiggerDude thing on day1 was pretty embarrassing though, I have to admit. And killing MrBlarney was humiliating... it was like I was tied up and everyone was throwing stones at me. I was but a pawn!

That was the best thing.

We could've just sat back and watched you off the entire Camarilla yourself.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I also love that the assamite "allies" of the network killed Grundlterror last night. Boy, good thing you guys joined forces.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I also love that the assamite "allies" of the network killed Grundlterror last night. Boy, good thing you guys joined forces.

"Work with us, guys! It's not like we have to kill you to win the game..."

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I'm sorry, but I can't help but giggle after reading C's post in the thread outing the network.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

The assamite alliance is more stupid then you know (there are worse conditions to the deal then are readily apparent in the public thread). Ardor seriously screwed the network with that crap.

edit: just saw cantide's post, so yeah Ardor's crazy deal was that one of the assamites gains an account on the network protoboard thus giving him all the info that the network had including the identities of all the good specials. In return we are given the name of one of the assamites.

Which brings the question why have they not brought the name of their assamite contact public.

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

The assamite alliance is more stupid then you know (there are worse conditions to the deal then are readily apparent in the public thread). Ardor seriously screwed the network with that crap.

Based on the little information I have, I don't think Ardor is the main offender here.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Based on the little information I have, I don't think Ardor is the main offender here.

Ardor basically had to shove the assamite deal down the throat of the other networkers. The deal was his baby from beginning to end.

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I'm really confused by wth the Network was thinking throughout this whole game.

Drez on
  • Options
    Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Cantide's post...

Okay, so I see 6 people up there who are still alive. How many kills do the baddies get tonight? 6 you say?

GG Village. Sure, the monsters may not all be working together, and we know the Assamites are working with the network (at least one of them), but I think that they can probably manage this one.

Yeah, the game is regularly won without specials...but I don't see that happening here. Way, way too many kills for the village to deal with.

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    edit: nevermind

The network has been as stupid as it is humanly possible.

I assume that Shamus got in touch with the sabbat through Drez or devoutelyapathetic.

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    God, reading this game is priceless. I'd be willing to say that it's more of a screwup then the soviet phalla.
    Why the hell wouldn't Ardor just release the name of the Assamite at this point?

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    God, reading this game is priceless. I'd be willing to say that it's more of a screwup then the soviet phalla.
    Why the hell wouldn't Ardor just release the name of the Assamite at this point?

As loyal as Ardor has been to the assamites I would not be surprised if Ardor was assamite and tremere at the same time :lol:

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

As loyal as Ardor has been to the assamites I would not be surprised if Ardor was assamite and tremere at the same time :lol:
    But Shamus has no reason not to, since he wants them dead anyway.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

What exactly happened in the Soviet Phalla? I tried reading it but at the time I couldn't make heads or tails of it.

Also, what's this "Athan" business I keep hearing about?

Drez on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

But Shamus has no reason not to, since he wants them dead anyway.

We don't know what kind of deal the sabbat made with the assamites (and Shamus is with the sabbat now), hell Shamus could have made a deal with the assamites not to turn over there names in return for survival.

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

What exactly happened in the Soviet Phalla? I tried reading it but at the time I couldn't make heads or tails of it.

Athan(role not a poster) is from the phalliad, where he was the head bad guy and damn near unkillable (he lived like 3 or so days past the date in which he was outed on the public boards).

In the soviet phalla the bad guys spanked the village hard, it was as lopsided a victory as is possible in this game. Plus one person quit the boards over the game it was so bad.

edit: crap sorry didn't mean to post twice in a row. meant to edit this into my other post.

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Athan was Elendil in the Phalliad. He was the head bad guy and couldn't be killed by the vote or the vigilante, the dead players had a special ability to kill him through a vote. After Elendil was outed he spent 3 turns or so mocking everyone in the game while the dead tried to get past the kill deflections the dead bad guys got.

The Soviet phalla started with Lady Eri creating some convoluted plan to prove the specials and create a network. The bad guys just watched who was PMing who and picked off practically everyone. Rygar and Eri threw a fit and left, and we had no real network. Also, Spawnbroker, one of the specials, never responded so DevoutlyApathetic was able to pose as a special and wreak all kinds of havoc. Ardor picked ElJeffe as one of his people to talk to, and they worked together, even though ElJeffe was a spy. Once ElJeffe got into power he said he was going to kill us all and some people still voted for him. It was just a mess of one mistake after another.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Athan was Elendil in the Phalliad. He was the head bad guy and couldn't be killed by the vote or the vigilante, the dead players had a special ability to kill him through a vote. After Elendil was outed he spent 3 turns or so mocking everyone in the game while the dead tried to get past the kill deflections the dead bad guys got.

The Soviet phalla started with Lady Eri creating some convoluted plan to prove the specials and create a network. The bad guys just watched who was PMing who and picked off practically everyone. Rygar and Eri threw a fit and left, and we had no real network. Also, Spawnbroker, one of the specials, never responded so DevoutlyApathetic was able to pose as a special and wreak all kinds of havoc. Ardor picked ElJeffe as one of his people to talk to, and they worked together, even though ElJeffe was a spy. Once ElJeffe got into power he said he was going to kill us all and some people still voted for him. It was just a mess of one mistake after another.

Oh man.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Haha, that sounds like a really fun game. We never play games over again, they are always new, right?

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Haha, that sounds like a really fun game. We never play games over again, they are always new, right?

Pretty much everyone who wants to GM a game wants to do so because they have a new idea they think will be fun.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Man, I am glad I was only "officially" in the network for about 10 minutes before the squashing and not involved in any decision-making.

Travesty.

At least Cantide made the best move he could considering the circumstances he was placed in.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Man, I am glad I was only "officially" in the network for about 10 minutes before the squashing and not involved in any decision-making.

Travesty.

Tell me about it, I didn't get board access until after I died.

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    And yet, they let others who couldn't be confirmed in.

These guys jumpstarted the network too early. I think most of it can be derived to kneejerk reactions caused by TehSpectre's OP in the thread and multiple "new" players.

Squashua on