As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Robot's Stakehouse (Vampire Phalla Graveyard Chat)

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Cantide wrote: »
    I'm tempted to create a Rome-themed Phalla game, and put in the rules that there is one Spartacus role. Then I'd make everyone Spartacus and wait for someone to try the "publicly announce your role" tactic that's become so popular.

"I am Spartacus"

"Wait, wtf, I am Spartacus!"

"WTF, NO, I am Spartacus!"

...ad infinitum.

What you should do is make everyone Spartacus but have the PMs written 40 different ways. That way by page 18 when they all start showing their role PMs to each other they can all start arguing with each other over the validity of the role PM, not knowing that they are all valid.

Basically, it would be a meta-gaming Phalla. Instead of avoiding it, you just decide to embrace it and let the village work it out.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Drez wrote: »
    I'm tempted to create a Rome-themed Phalla game, and put in the rules that there is one Spartacus role. Then I'd make everyone Spartacus and wait for someone to try the "publicly announce your role" tactic that's become so popular.

"I am Spartacus"

"Wait, wtf, I am Spartacus!"

"WTF, NO, I am Spartacus!"

...ad infinitum.

What you should do is make everyone Spartacus but have the PMs written 40 different ways. That way by page 18 when they all start showing their role PMs to each other they can all start arguing with each other over the validity of the role PM, not knowing that they are all valid.

Basically, it would be a meta-gaming Phalla. Instead of avoiding it, you just decide to embrace it and let the village work it out.
    Yes, yes, YES!

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Meta-Phalla

Rules

- Turn invisible mode off. If, once the game begins, anyone turns invisible mode on, you are evicted from the game. Or I might just say you are evicted from the game but you become a silent vigilante. I'll decide later depending on whether or not I like you.
    - I will give people I like better roles.
    - You are encouraged to snoop around in Who's Online.
    - Anonymous IMs, PMs, and email correspondence is allowed.
    - I've PMed all the good people a background that I didn't provide for bad roles, and the bad roles don't have enough information to forge a good guy role PM.
    - You can post role PMs and screenshots.
    - Mods and Admins are allowed to cheat by reading PMs.
    - You can act like a dick.
    - You can threaten people to reveal their role.
    - If you are a vigilante, you must kill either TehSpectre or Squashua on Night One.
    - Even if MrBlarney ends up being the real bad guy, he's unkillable for five days to make up for his four-hour death in the Vampire Phalla.
    - Ghosts can troll the thread and reveal information they've learned after dying.
    - Roles and rules as stated in the OP are subject to change at my whim.
    - Flattery will get you everwhere.
    - All targeted deaths are random.

Drez on
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Meta-Phalla

Rules

- Turn invisible mode off. If, once the game begins, anyone turns invisible mode on, you are evicted from the game. Or I might just say you are evicted from the game but you become a silent vigilante. I'll decide later depending on whether or not I like you.
    - I will give people I like better roles.
    - You are encouraged to snoop around in Who's Online.
    - Anonymous IMs, PMs, and email correspondence is allowed.
    - I've PMed all the good people a background that I didn't provide for bad roles, and the bad roles don't have enough information to forge a good guy role PM.
    - You can post role PMs and screenshots.
    - Mods and Admins are allowed to cheat by reading PMs.
    - You can act like a dick.
    - You can threaten people to reveal their role.
    - If you are a vigilante, you must kill either TehSpectre or Squashua on Night One.
    - Even if MrBlarney ends up being the real bad guy, he's unkillable for five days to make up for his four-hour death in the Vampire Phalla.
    - Ghosts can troll the thread and reveal information they've learned after dying.
    - Roles and rules as stated in the OP are subject to change at my whim.
    - Flattery will get you everwhere.
    - All targeted deaths are random.

Now that sounds friggin awesome.

Edit: I've also noticed that I'm forming a habit of bolding certain words.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Don't turn into Squashua, Grundl! One of him is more than enough!

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Additional rule: Until someone tries to completely bend, break, or otherwise exploit the rules of the game, the first round cannot end.

Cantide on
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I would totally play any of the above mentioned Phallas.

Especially Mexican Gunslinger Phalla. It's all about the first draw!

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Additional rule: Until someone tries to completely bend, break, or otherwise exploit the rules of the game, the first round cannot end.

Secret Rule 1: At least one act of intimidation, one OOC argument, and one person claiming to have a role they don't actually have must happen before the night ends.
    Secret Rule 2: The narrations have been written before the game even starts; votes and execution orders are irrelevant.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    That would be pretty fucked up, wouldn't it? If people went through the trouble of voting and the vigilantes and bad guys went through the trouble of deciding who to kill and the GM decides to say "fuck it" and just kills whoever he wants in the narration, disregarding votes and execution orders.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    That would be pretty fucked up, wouldn't it? If people went through the trouble of voting and the vigilantes and bad guys went through the trouble of deciding who to kill and the GM decides to say "fuck it" and just kills whoever he wants in the narration, disregarding votes and execution orders.

I would laugh... but a lot of people would be pissed. I want to see this happen at least once.....

fuck it, im signing up to host one!

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It would be fucking hilarious to watch though, as everyone ran around trying to figure out what was going on.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    The thing that sucks is that since we posted all of these delicious ideas in this thread.... people will be on to us. We should edit all the relevant info out!

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Bugger and a half.

I knew I was dead meat when I missed the kill on my second set. My only chance was to hit someone of import, to give the impression the KJ was someone inside the network.

Instead, I flubbed, and that was the end of me. :(

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I think that the Assamites thought you were Sabbat and the Sabbat thought you were an Assamite. I'm very amused.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    CelebrimCelebrim Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So Plutonium, why me?

Celebrim on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Oh yeah, go Sabbat! The Kue-Jin has been eliminated, and now all they have to deal with is one Assamite. Awesome.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    You know what's funny, Oboro?

I haphazardly told the Sabbat that you were the second Assamite right before I died.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »
    I think that the Assamites thought you were Sabbat and the Sabbat thought you were an Assamite. I'm very amused.
    To the Sabbat, I was the unknown Assamite. To the Assamites, I was a withheld Sabbat.

I guess I can be proud of being so many things. :P

EDIT t Drez-- no matter how you slice it, after I got over the power trip of being KJ I wished I had been in your shoes or even those of a vanillager instead.

Everyone has been patently retarded and I wish I could've opened my mouth...

but doing so would've just gotten me killed sooner. Bugger and a bull! D:

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Jesus, no one wants to kill Ardor.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Jesus, no one wants to kill Ardor.
    I made three calls for my 2nd series of kills, for the 2nd victim.

Ardor was the first, then I changed it to someone else, and then finally settled on Last Son in accordance with what basically amounted to a roll of the die.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I couldn't help myself, Oboro. LOL. And now the night you defended me is coming back in full color. Oh man...you were the K-J all along.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Yeah, Plutonium used the excuse that his partner was AWOL when Drez contacted him two rounds ago, so he was unable to change the target of his partner (his partner was targeting Drez). So we looked at people who weren't on, and then you conveniently showed up after the deadline closed and even said something along the lines of "I was thinking that if I missed the deadline then maybe I'd come back to the narration."

In hindsight, if you were an Assamite you probably wouldn't have said something like that. It worked out for us anyway though, it seems. :)

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    So, can someone PM me what the fuck happened in this game?

From the looks of it, it is absolutely as wrong as could possibly be, and I am interested in if there is something more to it than it seems.

What's sad is that, if TehSpectre hadn't died on the first night, I would've likely been networked and maybe had a better chance. Or at least, been better-informed.

But I guess, ah, in the end it wouldn'tve made much of a difference.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Oh and Plutonium: You're a bastard. :P

Well done.

Drez on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Oboro wrote: »
    To the Sabbat, I was the unknown Assamite. To the Assamites, I was a withheld Sabbat.

EDIT t Drez-- no matter how you slice it, after I got over the power trip of being KJ I wished I had been in your shoes or even those of a vanillager instead.

Vampire tends to bring out the raging retard in everyone. I love it.

As for Ardor? Oh man. He's like.. the exposed guy that JUST. WON'T. DIE.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    OtakuD00D wrote: »

The thing with Ardor is that he's always conveniently NOT be in a position that was necessary to kill. Like...I had asked Plutonium to kill Ardor but then I realized Grundl was the Seneschal so I asked him to kill Grundl even though I really wanted both Ardor and Grundl to die. Oh man, Ardor. Ardor, you bastard. :P

Drez on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    So, can someone PM me what the fuck happened in this game?

From the looks of it, it is absolutely as wrong as could possibly be, and I am interested in if there is something more to it than it seems.

What's sad is that, if TehSpectre hadn't died on the first night, I would've likely been networked and maybe had a better chance. Or at least, been better-informed.

But I guess, ah, in the end it wouldn'tve made much of a difference.

Oh really? TS was talking to you about being in the network? That would have been interesting ;p

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Unearthly Stew is one of the assamites. Either Celebrim, Kilnaga, or Plutonium is the other.
    I'd bet good money either Unearthly or Kilnaga is the 2nd one.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I feel bad though because I wanted to take advantage of him or some other exposed guy as a 'dead fish' mouthpiece for the village. I mean, mathematically, assuming we had any confirmed villagers, it was possible to rig the Princecution each day to kill or out a Sabbat/Assamite ... or well, at least, to conclusively make parity of villagers:unknowns.

I'm a bit surprised the village didn't nix the first Assamite ASAP. It seems that having two of them around is only valuable-- even in a bargain-- if you have... uh... three or four kills to make a day.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited April 2007

The thing with Ardor is that he's always conveniently NOT be in a position that was necessary to kill. Like...I had asked Plutonium to kill Ardor but then I realized Grundl was the Seneschal so I asked him to kill Grundl even though I really wanted both Ardor and Grundl to die. Oh man, Ardor. Ardor, you bastard. :P

You did get played that night Drez... it was a pretty good lie tho, on Pluto's part :)

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Well, at least there's a whole lot less deaths to come up with now.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Last Son wrote: »
    Unearthly Stew is one of the assamites. Either Celebrim, Kilnaga, or Plutonium is the other.
    I'd bet good money either Unearthly or Kilnaga is the 2nd one.

I wish I could speculate in this thread.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    At least, for what it's worth, I really like the color I was assigned. <3

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    doug_grammardoug_grammar Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Hey guys, dead meat coming through.

doug_grammar on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Well, at least there's a whole lot less deaths to come up with now.

I really liked Pluto's death tonight, CJ :^:

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    And I had fun coming up with the Kuei-Jin's dialogue, so I wish it'd lasted longer for just that reason.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    heysup

I've wanted to be dead for a while, the conversation here is much more awesome

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited April 2007

You did get played that night Drez... it was a pretty good lie tho, on Pluto's part :)

Yes, I definitely did.

Oboro: It honestly felt to me like the Network and the village were separate factions in this game. I mean, in a way, I guess they always are. There's a difference between knowns and unknowns...but not to the extent I felt in this game.

Actually most of the things I said were non-strategic general vanillager frustrations even though I wasn't a vanillager. My "strategy" was to be non-strategic and just act like a pissed off vanillager.

I guess it carried me for a couple of days...until I got seered for being too helpful or something and Senor Fish posts something like "aw fuck...Drez is a sabbat."

Drez on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I think I can post basically everything that has happened, since both Shamus and Plutonium have been revealed.

On round 2 Shamus contacted Drez and let him know that he was the Giovanni. His PM was something along the lines of "just so you know, the network is gunning for you. I think you're innocent though." It looked like Drez was going to die that round anyway, so we PM'ed Shamus and enlisted him on our team. That's how we nailed the second Gangrel, Squashua, and Senor Fish. (We got Munkus because DA had a hunch).

The next round Shamus told us the results of his ability--Plutonium was an Assamite. We also found out that Drez had been seered by Senor Fish. Drez exposed himself not to distract attention from the utterly retarded (and completely lucky) bandwagons of DA and jdarksun, but because he knew he was going to die and wanted to have fun (so I guess there was some distraction there...). Anyway, at this point DA had the idea that Drez should contact Plutonium and say that Ardor had betrayed Plutonium to the network. We now know that Plutonium was just playing along, but at the time it seemed like it was possible Plutonium had actually switched sides. Grundl was killed by the Assamites so they could pretend that they had joined our side--in actuality they were just playing us.

Last round Shamus was outed, so we used that opportunity to post the public message that you and the Assamites both ignored.

I think that about sums it up.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Meta-phalla sounds great.

Gorilla Salad on